Wednesday, May 08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday, May 08

Good morning Rounders! Today is Hump Day, trash pick-up day, change the dressing on DH's heel day, and Aldi's shopping day. I hope I really like the garden clogs, but if not I can always take them back.

Yep, I think I overdid it a bit mowing the grass, but if I had let it get any taller it would have been more difficult to mow. Our yard still has bald spots in it and I've tried to transplant grass plugs, but they just don't always survive. Sand is the culprit. No nutrition.

Did I tell you that the birds are loving the birdbath? It will be a great feature for them this summer when it's sweltering outside. I will try and keep it clean and filled for them.

I am going to get to the thrift shop one of these days and I'll look for something in the craft section. I like working with felt, making bookmarks, or pin cushions or coasters. They are so simple and so pretty. That would be good gifts to give for visitors at holiday time, not that we have that many, but last year one of our neighbors came bearing gifts and I would just like to reciprocate.

My plants have really shot up in the last couple of weeks. It's amazing how the nighttime temperature change makes a difference. It's like magic! You look at the plant one day and it's a couple of inches high and then you miss a day and it's doubled or tripled in size.

Today I will gather all the seed from the Cleome and pull those stalks out of the garden. They are big and fibrous and will have to go in the yard waste, but they have been blooming for months and have given me such pleasure and I now have thousands of seeds to sow, plus I have all kinds of baby seedlings coming up and there will be plants for the rest of the year. Bonus!

I will probably finish my book today. It has 1,012 pages. Edge of Eternity by Ken Follet. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good SUNNY Morning! Yesterday was a pretty one.

Yesterday was a productive day. Almost as soon as Blaise got on the bus, I was out the door. Went grocery shopping. I behaved myself pretty much. One place it only cost my $15! Came home, unpacked, and started baking. Made 6 Samoa pies & 4 carrot cakes. Had to restock my freezer. One of the carrot cakes is going to the new restaurant along with a cherry pie they ordered. Dinner was each for his own.

Got a couple emails from one of Blaise's teachers. It had me so upset. I just wanted to throw in the towel & quit. My stomach was doing flips. Do you know how hard it is to stay mad at someone who comes in and asks you to sit down & snuggle? That boy frustrates me due to his lack of effort, but he's so darn loveable. He LOVES his Grammy.

This morning I'm hoping to pop over to Aunt J's and pick up the grease balls she's been making for me. Need to pick up the couple cases of chicken I ordered at the local butcher shop. Going to pick up a hoagie while delivering the cake & pie. My niece is coming over to help work on eye glasses after she gets off work at noon. We'll eat the hoagie for lunch. Think I'll make a roast for dinner tonight. Going to pick up the 2 Queen Anne recliners I bought off of FB Marketplace. Cork wasn't too thrilled, but he'll get over it.

Time to get Blaise up and moving. Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning..it was a bit difficult to get going today..no reason other my bed felt good! 2 more days after today!!

Comment

Well, good Wednesday to you all.
        Tuesday ended with a bad twist: Becky found that there are three transactons on her account that she did not make!
        One for 2.00 and then one for 33.00 from Grub hub (which I don't even think we have around here) and the big one for 300.00 for a Southwest ticket!
        the bad news last night was the bank person could not help her because they could not send a text to make sure it was her, because she had not changed her jphone number! Why??/ a super smart girl but did not think about changing that on her account.
        She seldom goes into the actual bank like I do. So she will go to a Chico branch on her lunch break (1 1/2 hours) and should be able toget it all fixed. I had just received a notice of the safety for our cards and all will be replaced if they are compromised.
        But what a cloud of doom to go to bed under...

My birdbath is always dry, no matter how many times I fill it. I am going to look for a clear plastic tray to put in it and see if that will hold water. I love how it looks in the yard. It will be a good motivation for keeping it green and lovely to look at in that part.

Karlinann, you gave me a great idea! Bookmarks from the felt I have. I have a lot of royal blue and I love the Scandinanvian designs so I think I will use a little wall plaque I have as a pattern for some. I can give them to daycare kids when I give them books...

One of our very good friends called me last night to tell us her husband has colon cancer. He had surgery on Easter Sunday (!) and they are hopeful. He was one of Becky's favorite teachers and they have been such a strength and comfort to me...We will wait for awhile until he is up to visitors and then go see them. I think I will send flowers today. Nancy is not one to take food from anyone else...no matter how good a cook or housekeeper you are. I have learned over the years to not be offended, and I do know she loves flowers so that is what he will get: something to brighten the day for both of them. I did daycare for their grandchildren and they always gave me a big gift certificate to House of design for arrangements.

Ok, I am going to be positive and patient today. How about you? Productive would be good for me, too, Donna, but I doubt I will ever reach your level. Oh, Gary told me that for some reason 5th grade was a turning point for a lot of boys. They just got motivated!
        Don't give up and just praise those efforts he makes. I am sure you do. In the snuggle moments maybe sneak in a word or two about how you know he can do the work and everything you probably already say!

Going to bring in the cans.
        Open up the door and let the sunshine in!
        Enjoy your day!

Comment

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          Paula was it her credit card or bank card? The credit card company can look into it and the bank should be responsible too. We had a neighbor whose druggie son used their bank card and the bank was responsible and replaced that money. Just sayin...don't let it go without a fight!

Good morning...slept in a bit but then it was a late night!!! Blues won in double overtime which had me all wide awake and nervous then some big fat loud thunderstorm almost threw me out of bed when it got very very loud. Had the entire family up shaking our heads with a 'what the heck'?

We planted yesterday! We hauled the plants out front then changed my mind on the arrangement. The neighbor wandered over and we had a fine talk and a couple of laughs but that was not digging a hole. Jon just plopped them down in disgust and went to the back and when Pam and I looked over...Viola!, there was our arrangement. All it took was for a man to get aggravated and throw pots! One side is planted and we will plant the other tonight. checked this morning and last nights rain was just the medicine the plants needed...got warm yesterday and it dries those plants out when sitting in pots.

Cookie, of course he loves his grandma. You are his security and his caregiver and supporter etc., you are there for his every need and want! You never know what goes on in the mind of a kid...especially boys. Takes a while for some things to click in their little brains. You heard from one teacher...maybe the others have a different take.

Karlinann, you are busy in spite of the aches and pains and nursing duties. I am always looking for a bookmark and use most anything. I had the neatest one Andrew made and now I cannot find it because I had stopped reading for a while. I am using some advertisement from a water park someone brought in now. I vote you make book marks! I am reading a thriller by T.R. Ragan about a women pi. I went ahead and ordered all the books in the series because sometimes they play characters from back stories and I want to know all the story from the beginning so I have 4 here. I read during base ball games but never Hockey. Cannot miss a minute of hockey...turn away and you may miss the goal of the game.

Beth, 2 more days and a summer free! Wahoo..you can sleep until noon every day.

No Andrew today so Sierra and I may just meet her dad for supper out before she leaves for her last final this evening. Since she has school I have to fed her but no one says I have to cook it. The laundry is caught up and with an afternoon ball game I could iron. Maybe. I also grocery shopped yesterday but only pickup what was on the list. Andrew put a bunch of stuff on it last night...boys needs his snacks...so I will do a big shopping later this week since I have to bring a dish to my sister's Saturday. In a few weeks the kids will be gone for the summer. Andrew does not come except to visit in the summer and Sierra will be moving. Be nice to get the grocery bill under control for a few months.

Shower time..have a good day..

Comment

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          It was her bank card but their policy is to protect you and replace.
          She is considering changing banks to Wells Fargo.

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          It was all fixed by the bank and the money will be back in her account very soon.
          I hope the ticket purchase at Southwest gets cancelled!
      Working...
      X