Tuesday, May 07

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday, May 07

It's the merry, merry month of May. Good morning Rounders! May is my favorite month of the year. Things are blooming, birds are chirping, and it is a beautiful time to be alive.

Yesterday morning I transplanted several Cleome plants out of my garden and onto the bank. I pulled weeds and grass and sowed tomato seeds, two kinds. I have the Yellow Pear Shaped Tomato's and the Red Slicing Tomato's, (I saved the seed from the Aldi's tomatoes on the vine). I also sowed all of my Cosmo's seed. They are from plants I bought last year at Lowe's and I sure hope they come up.

DH walked yesterday, but did not overdo. He emailed his doc about the inside stitches and she told him yes she did do them and it takes 3 months for them to dissolve. That place on his foot did not hurt at all yesterday so we are good.

I love the dry cloths from Aldi's and it clearly says on the box Comparable to Swiffer Dry Cloths. They are really good and I was able to clean the whole house with one cloth. They are only $3.49 for a box of 32. Isn't that an amazing price?

Today is just a day of rest. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good SUNNY Morning! Loving it!

Yesterday was super productive & that wasn't in the kitchen. I actually cleaned & organized. Now, I didn't deep clean, but every room looked presentable & I wouldn't have been embarrassed if someone popped in. Of course there is always something else that could be done, but I was pleased & felt good.

I did take a short break & baked a banana nut cake for the new restaurant. She called around 11:00 and ask what I had in the freezer. Well I only had PB pies at the moment, but I told her I had some super ripe bananas that were begging to be used, so I made up one of those cakes. I'm just loving that I've got a place that is actually selling desserts, and not just the safe ones. Last night she text and requested a cherry pie for tomorrow because one of her daily regulars requested it.

Cooked a real meal too before taking Blaise to karate. Had a relaxing evening once we got home. He's now into watching Veggie Tales. They aren't quite the same now that they've been sold. Larry Boy just is too goofy....dumb acting...not just silly.

This morning I'm heading right into town as soon as Blaise gets on the bus. I'm in desperate need of cream cheese if I want to make Samoa pies. I've got my list ready, and will zip in & zip right back out of each store. That's my story, and I'm going to stick with it. Will come home and make up the pies, and hopefully bake 4 carrot cakes too. We'll see. Oh...need to stop at the butcher shop down the road and pick up the 60 some pounds of chicken I ordered by the case. Will need to deal with that too. Can put that in the refrig and deal with it tomorrow. Karate tonight. Thankfully it's early.

A couple years ago I got a queen anne's recliner for $40 at a yard sale & was thrilled. Well it's a cream colored with a thin stripe going through it. It's a dirt magnetic!!!! I just can't stand looking at it anymore, so I went on FB to the Marketplace and searched for a replacement. I finally found a local guy selling two matching ones in the type of fabric I like for $90. Do I need two? No. But I put my old one in Becca's room, so I'll get rid of both the old ones & replace them both. I haven't told Cork yet. LOL! His eyes will just roll into the back of his head. I love these kinds of recliners.

Now KA, I didn't think you were going to sow seeds directly into the soil because it's too dry, or are you starting them in little soil trays? Glad you husband found out about the stitches. Doesn't help the pain, but if definitely solves the mystery & worry.

(((JoG))) Thinking about you.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      I sowed the seeds into good rich soil. They will sprout.

Good morning..time to get ready for work. 4 days left counting today.

I came back to edit my post to tell you all that I made orange chicken in my instant pot last night...oh my goodness was it good!!!!!!!!! It was so good that I am freezing half of whats left for next week. This summer while I am off work I plan to play with my instant pot a lot more...I am becoming more confident with it...the next thing I want to try are pot roast and pork ribs.

Off to work in just a little bit...its remarkable what only having a few days will do to a person's mood and attitude.
    Last edited by bethina; 05-07-2019, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Morning...already lost my post and all I said was good morning the Cardinals won last night. Must be those Cub bugs in my computer Beth.

Last night the guys separated and transplanted a pretty little hosta..light green with a white border. Suppose to rain again tonight so hope it takes. That is the first of the porch planting. A start albeit a small start. Then they took the chain saw out and cut down some small trees...that was much more fun for them. Grass boy came and mowed. He has picked up the yard on the other side of us so he mows three in a row so we all look nice at the same time.

Blues play game 7 tonight...cannot wait! Need to grocery shop for supper. The produce stand down the road is open now but nothing is from around here and I doubt very fresh. They do carry a great raspberry dressing...time to get a new supply.

Been having some trouble with Andrew and his mouth. I know it is the age but being rude is unacceptable. He and I have gone around and he thinks it is fun. And his table manners have taken a big slide. I have always been tough on table manners while his mother not so much. I know it is the age, I know it is the age, but geeze, not at my table!

Nothing going on around here . Great news about your hubby getting around better and better Karlinann. Sierra is in finals so will be finished on Thursday so guess everyone is finishing up about the same time Beth. Have a good shopping trip Maye. I love sitting in the car people watching...maybe David is the same? Cookie, cleaning house is an everyday thing isn't it? And then you cook and shop on top of it.

Need an early start for myself today since I have to grocery shop and cook plus the basket if full to the top of laundry. Once Sierra leaves the laundry will be cut in half. It is all hers. But until then I am behind on my pile. Have a great day everyone.

Comment

Good Morning! And it is really good, too. spencer (oldest son in MD) called and said he and his oldest, Boone, are coming out for Becky's graduation!!! She was just so happy at that news. Went right online and was still able to get tickets. She has 6 allowed and had only needed the two for my mom and me, or so we thought! So happy I had planned a nice celebration cake and now can get into dinner mode, as well. Becky wants tri-tip from our barbecue place (they have a wonderful dry rub and smoke their meats) and I will do all the sides.

Beth, I have a friend who uses her instant pot all the time. For ribs, too. I haven't started mine, yet.

The one toddler who was home two days for potty training comes back today and I am gearing up to be positive and patient! We will see how it works out with me on my toes, but with the infant, too, it will be a workout...One on one at home is so different from being distracted by daycare.

Karlinann, good to hear DH is able to move around more and the spot is not giving him trouble.
        Maxie, I want to get some hostas for my shade area out back.
        Maye, I love reading what you are doing. but you are sure up later than I am!
        Donna, I am going to look for a chair like you described. And you got a great deal!
        Jo, take your time and use all those helpers. I wrote down a lot in a notebook that came I nvery handy as timewent on and my helpers had to go home.

Take care and smile a lot! You all make me smile, for sure!

Comment

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          How wonderful for Becky! Nothing like good news to put you in party mode!!

Good morning, everyone...
        Things here are the same. Busy, complicated..... I don’t think I’m up to DD’s Vega,/Keto diet. It was delicious (meatless sloppy joes using lentils), because my stomach bothered me all night, and hurts this morning.
        Well, it’s back to work here. Need to call a plumber, too.
        And get a haircut soon, too.
        Also have to go to the Office of Vital Statistics soon and see if the death certificates.

Thank you, cookie.

Have a good day everyone. ☀️
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Yesterday it was outside work for a change. Finally had a warm day and rain free. I was up and out on the rider to broadcast the weed killer in the front yard by 7:30 . Don't think that college grandson that lived here did or know how to do anything.

Next it was on to cutting up the limbs that I pulled to the street last November. This town doesn't pick up limbs unless there is a bad storm. Then you can pull them to the curb, and call to have them picked up. Right now my trailer is loaded and ready to go to the "mulching place". After taking the limbs there, then I'll reload the trailer with all this rotting landscape timbers.

Then moving right along...I pulled up the rotting landscape timbers next to the east side of the garage. Had to get them out of the way so I could dig up a rose bush that was nearly dead. That took both digging and the saws all to get it out of the ground. Of course I had to cut the dead "sprouts" before they could grab me.

Then I raked the area down so I could put the garbage can and recycle can there. Didn't want them setting that far away from the house. Looks much better being closer to the house.

By the time I got done with all that, it was 3:15 so I took a seat in my rocker on the porch with a nice tall glass of ice tea. Then I came in and made my deer steak burgers.

By yesterday evening, my back wasn't just hollering, it was screaming "ENOUGH all ready". When I went to bed, I had to get back up to get my heating pad.

Today will be a resting day as I go see the Nuero-surgeon's NPT. Had x -rays last Thursday so she will determine if I need an MRI. Sure glad this day has finally arrived. Haven't had an injection since January.

Enough about me....just hope you all have a great day.

JoGee, sounds like you and your helpers are moving right along.
          Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• karlinann
            karlinann commented
            Editing a comment
            Can you say Workaholic! LOL!

I mowed some of the yard today. It was really high in some places and it didn't take too long. It's hot outside. It just drains my energy level when it's this hot.
          "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

Working...
          X