Monday, May 06

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday, May 06

Good morning Rounders! It was some weekend huh? What about that Derby outcome? All that rain had to be miserable for those horses. They are used to being pampered. Hey, and we got some good rain. I'm going out this morning to see if any flower seeds have sprouted. It finally dawned on me yesterday morning why it takes so long for the seeds to sprout here. It's because when it rains a little bit the water does not permeate the soil level too much and usually runs right off. The seeds aren't getting the water, therefore they are not going to sprout. That has to be the reason. This sandy soil not only requires you to grow the seedlings in a richly composted soil bed, but it requires you to dig a hole for each seedling, put the plant into the hole and water it good before you put the soil around it. That is what I did for a bunch of my transplants and that is the procedure I'm going to adopt for future plantings. That thing of just tossing the seeds and broadcasting them is not working.

When I first got on the computer I could get my leg under the desk and it was fine, but now it's starting to ache. Time for another Advil.

I may go to the thrift shop today. Aldi's has the refills for the wet/dry cloths for my new sweeper. How good is that? I bought one of each, but I may buy some more on Wednesday. I have to get a pair of those garden clogs so guess who will be lined up at the door Wednesday morning. They will go fast.

I watched Les Miserable on Masterpiece last evening. I love PBS station.

Have a great day Rounders. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning...last night was fun I got catch up friends at church I don’t see often do to being busy and either them not being there or me not being there so that was nice.

Today my last Monday of the school year. Thinking of my students as they prepare to start their finals in about about an hour. My friend needs a b a in one of her classes or she won’t be back in the fall. She is just a couple points from it. I hope pulls it off.

MAXIE! I have to ask what happened to your cardinals??? Go cubs go!

I am excited for the blues and hope they can pull it off.

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! It was a dreary wet one here all weekend, but we didn't get near the rain some of you did.

I read here every day, but I don't think I've posted since Friday. Friday I spent the morning prepping & then delivering Blaise's BD treat to the school. Then came home and made boo koo icing, and iced Blaise's cake. It turned out really cute. Not perfect, but I was proud of it. The bottom part (10" rounds) was the colors of a Pokey Ball and the top cake (6") was a Pikachu. My mistake with that top cake was that I put in along the back edge of the big cake & by Saturday it started tilting back. Oops! It didn't slide off though.

Blaise got off the bus all grumpy & sad. He claimed it was the worst BD EVER! He didn't have a good day at school, then he wasn't happy he had to go to karate. I offered to buy us dinner at the new restaurant and he chose the chicken strips and fries. Well on the way to karate he was mad that he didn't choose a hamburger. We picked up our order on the way home and once he took one bite, he declared they were HEAVEN! See...…. Dinner was good. He cheered up and got a few more phone calls during the evening. I was just thrilled that my kitchen was cleaned up from the icing mess. While at the restaurant I ask if they needed any desserts for the weekend. I came home and made 3 pies....dutch apple, german choc, & oatmeal.

Saturday morning we went to several garage sales. I was thrilled I got a pedestal fan for my kitchen. We've been using box fans, but it's not our feet that's always hot, but rather our middle sections. Best $5 I spent!!! Now Cork was thrilled with the tool box he got...one of those big red units. We met Becca at the local Chinese buffet. Blaise has been asking to go there for a while now, so that was his BD treat. We then all headed back to our place. I delivered the pies. Once Blaise's friend Lawrence arrived, I took the two boys and we headed down to Kathy's for the BD party. Becca, Cork, and my Mom came together about a half an hour later. They drove separate so they could leave earlier.

Blaise got to meet his birth father. The last time he saw him was his 2nd BD party, and he doesn't remember that. I was afraid Blaise would want to only hang out with him, but he didn't. He said hi, they talked about games for a few minutes, and then Blaise was off running playing with the other kids. I was so ready to be pissed at Cody and to give him a piece of my mind, but he has matured and has a nice girlfriend. We talked off & on through out the day. I did get them alone in the kitchen, and told him I was so ready to be PO'd at him, and he was afraid I would be, but that's just not me...except with Kathy. I think I'm ready to hand Blaise off to Kathy & Cody to do their co-parenting in the next year. I warned him though, if he hurt that little boy, I'd come hunt him down.

Obviously Kathy never observed how I threw a party. I offered to make the cake, so that saved her forty some bucks. Told her to use that money to buy the munchies, drinks, and ice cream. Guess what she didn't get? Any of those, and no candles. She did have a clean house though. And she remembered to ask me to bring table & chairs. Cody didn't make the BBQ pork that he said he was going to bring. He did eventually go to McD's and buy nuggets and fries. Whatever. I ended up stopping at BK for dinner on the way home at 8pm. I made black bean salsa & brought chips. You need salty to go with the sweet. Got home around 9pm and got the boys hustled off to bed shortly after. I was in bed by 10pm, which is super early for me.

Yesterday the only big thing I accomplished was making a real meal & us sitting down together. I was beat. Today I hope to clean around here. There is nothing I HAVE to bake today. Later this week I HAVE to bake more carrot cakes & Samoa pies. I'm just excited the new restaurant is willing to sell fruit pies. It makes my life a little more difficult, but it takes more skill. I just had to prove to them that cream pies aren't a good idea. We'll see.

Best get busy.....sorry I wrote a book I guess. My life really isn't that exciting. It's just good to have someone to share with.

Comment

Thanks, cookielady for bringing us up to speed on the party and the birth dad stuff. I was really wondering how it all would go. It sounds like the birthday boy was happy and that is what counts. And you made it through, too!

karlinann, thank you for the exercise site! I will add in the ones I have not been doing. That first one with lifting a leg and crossing it over,etc is new to me.

The weekend was good here. We barbecues Sunday and our Angus burgers cooked great and were nice and juicy. I added some Johnsonville sausages and we will have them during the week...cut up with scrambled eggs for the kids in the morning...
        We visited with my mom and just had a nice quiet day. After the shopping marathon I needed it.I may have to go another time for sandals; if I canfind the clark's I saw in the store and find them online (did that make sense?) I will do that and not have another trip...there were so many shopping Saturday that I didn't want to wait. Maxie, we did get some new wallflowers at Bath and Body that are so nice and will re-order more online. They are the only boxes I really like to receive from our online orders: blue checked and just cute.

both sons called this weekend: Spencer on Saturday to tell us about their wonderful restaurant meal at Gordon Ramsey's restaurant in Baltimore and then Stuart on Sunday...With the phone on speaker we can sit and talk away. Because Spencer is in finance he wanted to also hear all aobut that part of Becky's job and Stuart was wanting to know all the details of her routine, too. And sheis more than willing to talk about it!
        Now she is looking at cars and will probably end up buying out of town...she is looking for good gas mileage and we do have a friend who is a manager at the Toyota dealership (also chevy) up in REdding. It is hard to go to some places and trust them when you don't know them personally. We went to the dealer here Saturday just to talk and see what they had on their used lot, but there wasn't much in what she is lookin gfor. Lots in the crossover kind I have, but with her daily commute she has realized that she needs better gas mileage.

Karlinann, I paid 3.89 to fill up Saturday and it won't be going down any time soon...

I am ready to start this day. Mother's Day projects are always a bit of a stress to get done, especially when some of these kids don't come everyday...they aer signed up for it and they pay for it, but if Grandma wants them or something comes up, there are two that are hit and miss. One of them threw such an hysterical fit Friday that I was ready to give the mom her 2 week notice. They have been giving in to her (she just turned 4) and letting her stay home because the mom works at home, but Friday she had to work out in the filed (insurance) and Abby had to come...she was having a fit and telling me to call her mom...by the time I finally understood she was upset about "nap time" I said You can stay in the little room and you don't have to lay down...she always falls to sleep when she lays down in the big room like everyone else...By the end of the day she was wanting to get out her pillow andblanket and asked to watch tv while she waited to be picked up...I just told her I had the blankets in the wash like I do on Friday afternoon and she could sit by me and wait...I realized I ws doing exactly like her parents are doing and giving in. Who knows what today will bring? I did tell the mom that it is hard on the child when the routine gets jumping around (hopefully, tactfully said).

Ok, enough of my whining. I hope all is going well for you all and your family!

Comment

• karlinann
          karlinann commented
          Editing a comment
          I would give that child's mom a 2 wk notice. Life is too short. If the child is 4 and having tantrums and getting her way now, think what it will be like in 6 months. No, you should not change the rules for one child, cuz believe me the other kids will notice. It's just not fair.

• karlinann
          karlinann commented
          Editing a comment
          Paula, I forgot to tell you about the Wendy's Biggie Bag. It's a double cheeseburger, French fries, chicken nuggets and a Coke all for $5. Isn't that a good deal.

Good morning...we had a sunny weekend! It stopped raining Saturday morning and the sun came out. Jon worked on the porch yesterday and told me we could plant. The New railings need scraped because the paint did not stick and is peeling off. I spent a morning in the clinic with a wasp sting painting that last summer!! The very expensive Behr paint we bought had a primer in it but evidently we needed to seal before painting. Funny no place ever told us that before. I have had trouble with Behr paint before and should not have let them talk me into it last summer. But......we are now scraping the railings so we can SEAL, then paint with the paint primer combo. You know sometimes we wonder why nothing just runs smooth around here. Like hey, I do not have that time left in life to be redoing everything I do..ya know? And now I have to go and face Beth.....

Ok Beth, those Cubbies got us...bad! But I watched..thank goodness they make munchies for games like that. My son cheered the Cubs just to be ornery. We even lost first place to those darn Cubbies...sad day in baseballville. BUT the hockey world had another outcome!!!!! What a game! Cannot wait for game 7 tomorrow. OMG, it was a great game from first goal, ours, to last goal,also ours! Tomorrow is the elimination game and I am so excited..

I overslept this morning and am going to be rushing around. It is not that I have a schedule but that I do have this clock in my brain and there are things I do not do after certain times. I know that is totally crazy but what you gonna do? It is my brain and I am stuck with it.

Glad Blaise had a good birthday. If he was happy it was a success! When you are little those days are so wonderful and then you get old and hope everyone forgets...I am sure his cake was great.

I order the wallflowers too, they always have an on line special. I need to change mine today and I think I have lilacs in the closet. But I like to clean first and that may not happen today. I know I'm nuts but to have a clean room and then sweet smelling just makes me happy. Then I can jump into the shower and clean up with another wonderful scent from Bath and Body.

Jon is off today so will cook...after he plants! Maybe? Suppose to rain the rest of the week and flooding is pretty bad around here. Need to check if the levee close to where Andrew's mom works breached. She had backed her office into the back of her van when she left work Friday as a precaution.

Karlinann happy you got rain...we were happy to send it on. Wish it would warm a bit. Have a wonderful day everyone..Let's go Blues!! Still gonna boo cars with a Cubs sticker though........

Comment

I discovered a wonderful snack combo today for lunch. I have the packages of Lemon Tuna, and I bought Taco Sauce and Tortillas yesterday. I had those things for lunch and boy is it good. I love it. The Taco sauce gives the tuna a bit of a kick and it goes great with the tortillas. Never in a million years would I have tried this before. I never liked anything tomato-e with tuna until today.
          "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

Good morning everyone,
            The weather here dropped to the 80°’s for this week.
            Im getting the car maintenanced....my brother is driving for me.
            Afterwards it’s to the hardware store, then the grocery store.
            DD and her hubby are KETO, and cooking vegan/KETO lunch/dinner today.
            Oh yes, and a stop at the Storage Unit to see if a key we found will fit. Apparently E had a collection of keys from way back. This is not easy. I may talk to the manager about keys.

Its so crazy here. But we’ve made progress. We donated 25 bags of E’s clothing, plus his shoes still in shoe boxes. I did a good amount of crying. But that’s probably normal. My mind hasn’t quite accepted it, I guess. But mostly I’m handling it pretty good, I think.
            got rid of lots of other stuff at the same time.
            DD & SIL found a recycling center I didn’t know was in the area.

Still have people coming in and out, helping. We are making a dent in it all.
            have a good day☀️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• Paula A
              Paula A commented
              Editing a comment
              The storage manager will have a key.
              ❤️

(((Jo))) sounds like you need extra hugs

Comment

good late evening

I love coming in here late and reading all your news!!!!.. like a night gab with girl friends....
              My day was boring,, 3 loads of laundry. make a good lunch.. crocheted on crib afghan. made light supper. D. sleep all afternoon.. now he will be up and I will go to bed..

hopefully , if weather is nice,,, I might , just might, get David to the car and drive into Boscovs. He can set in car while I am shopping.. They have sale on purses and I need a new one.. my two favorites are in sad shape.. so will treat myself to a Mother's day gift. ( with 15%off).. he is walking better . still using walker in house when he is in hurry.. or the 4 prong cane..

so I better get off to bed.. by 3am I will hear the TV blaring away.. and have to drag out.. keep writing all your daily news...

Comment

Thank you, Beth!
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                X