Sunday, May 05

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday, May 05

Well, it's a good thing I'm not a betting woman cuz the horse I picked to win the Derby sure didn't come close. Good morning Rounders! Yep, we're both up. DH overdid the walking yesterday by walking twice even though I advised heavily against that. He is being iced down now after me removing the dressing and having a look. He is complaining about a little nick on the side of his heel. He did bring that nick to the doctors attention and she examined it and said it was nothing, but I'm thinking if he can't stand for me to touch it there has got to be a reason. It's a nick that has a scab over it and it's only the size of a hair. Maybe there is something under the skin that is causing this to hurt. Next dr visit if it's still this painful he will need to ask her for an xray maybe?

Paula ****** be sure to check out yesterday's post re: Sciatic exercises.

We are both having our coffee, but I'm pretty sure DH will go back to bed. My knee has really been hurting and the pain is like bone on bone and that is scaring me. I sure don't want to have another knee Sx. It hurts just like the other one did before I had the total knee Sx.

I gathered more Cleome seeds yesterday evening and I transplanted the one Hydrangea from a pot into the ground. It was slowly dying in the pot and needed a shady, richly composted piece of ground to live in. I finally figured out where to put it. It's up next to the house and will get good shade and it's right beside the patio area. I can easily water it and I think it will be happy in that spot. Keeping my fingers crossed. I have had that one for almost 5 yrs. and you would not believe how many times I've had to transplant that poor Hydrangea. It's an Endless Summer.

I'll be grocery shopping today to refill these cupboards for they are almost bare. I have no idea what to fix for dinner, but maybe I'll be inspired at Aldi's.

It's hot. I got overheated out there doing the garden work yesterday evening and I'll need to watch that. I get heat exhaustion quite easily.

I'll be back later to read what you wrote. Peace & Plenty.
    Last edited by karlinann; 05-05-2019, 06:40 AM.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good sunny morning. Looks good out there with the sun shining and the birds singing. I also need a trip to the grocery...didn't I just do that? I am eating crumbs from my cookie bag because somebody ate the chunks after they got all the whole cookies. Guess I am going to need to keep a box in my room....shades of a greedy fat kid!

Karlinann, can you get a close look and see if it is a piece of stitch in your hubby's heel? That is how I found my inside stitches were not dissolving because something was sticking me. Amazing how much a piece of stitch can hurt and when I went back he pulled 3 that were working out instead of dissolving. I know he had staples but maybe they did some stitching on the inside?

Today the Blues play this afternoon and it may wrap up the season if they lose. It was such a come from behind season for us and I hate to see it down to one game that could be the end. Cardinals also play in Chicago but I am not sure when. They lost yesterday....drat! two in a row lost to our enemy. Did not see the Kentucky Derby but did read that the winning horses poop was going to sell for $200 a pound. Really? What you gonna do with it? Freeze it and bring it out at parties? Crazy peeps out there!

I need to get to Lowes and pick up mulch to finish the back. All this rain has kept the potted shrubs I bought last week all happy and perky,,,even if they are still cramped in the pots. Maybe he can paint tomorrow with 2 days rain free? I am not going to put them in the ground for him to stomp over with a paint brush. They cost way to much for big foot! Everything is finally green and leaves are on the trees. I also wore my sweats yesterday so we are waiting for the temps to catch up. Think I will go in for a pedi this week just in case we have a nice weekend and I may let my toes out for Mother's Day. A goal...toes out for the middle of May!

Well, think I will get moving since I have a sport afternoon. Sounds like pizza again ..actually I look forward to our Sunday pizza and hockey and would like another month of playing. Have a wonderful Sunny and WARM day!

Comment

Good Morning..
      We had a good productive day yesterday....my brother, youngest dau & her DH we’re all at work
      for me, getting stuff together. We made a small dent in things, anyway. It’s a start, and now we have direction.
      Honestly, with everything, I’m tired much of the time, my heartbeat is often fast enough to feel it, last night I woke a lot and was mostly just restless. Im sure what I’m experiencing will come to an end when we are done.

Today i would like us to go to the Storage Unit and see what’s there. I doubt I’ll keep much of it.
      Will have to go early....it’ll be 93° later today.

Eldest DD plans to show up Tuesday. With her friend. Not what we need here, but I’m thinking she wants to be left out. But in her condition, there’s hardly anything she can do without hurting herself with the bad leg. She is in some kind of pain, I know. I’ll have a box of stuff she can take home. In this little house, the 4 of us working, we are already bumping into each other.
      (She knows it.) l hope she doesn’t hurt herself, but of course, she is a superwoman. . Maybe I’ll also give her E’s stash of wine as well. No loss to anyone else.

Well, that is what’s in my little world right now.

Have a a great day! ☀️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        Working as a family goes a long way to making memories later on. Plus I am sure everyone wants to be involved and there for you. Sounds like you are making good progress. Bumping into each other can be a fun thing. It also promotes communication and lots of remember whens...family healing, ya know?

Go cubbies go!!! 1 more win and a sweep against the cardinals!! Ok maxie I will hush!

I didn't end up going out last night...I looked up the cost to get to the resteraunt they went to...it was going to cost 18.00 one way. No thank you..I am going to out side cook out type event with my church this evening....other than that nothing today.

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        Well Beth, we will see...I can't decide which shirt to wear today....my Blues or Cardinal shirt! To be swept by the Cubbie's is unacceptable!! LOL! We even boo cars with Cub stickers around here!

Jo, I knowI don'tneed to add my 2c but if there is a job your daughter can sit (maybe out of your way?) that might help both of you...
      I did let go of almost everything in my storage unit. Only the Christmas tree was coming in and out and the rest went to non profits yard sales.

Maxie, yesterday at Kohl's was a good one for me. I got a very cute outfit (the kind I tlak out loud in the dressing room, "Oh, so cute! and the people in the other rooms say, Oh, show me!) and Becky found great tops. Mine was a cute yellow top and black cardigan (open style) and capris, black with tiny white dots.. I could easily wear it to graduation if I decide not to wear my linen pants. It will be a good Saturday go anywhere outfit. Not daycare,for sure.

macy's was great for Becky. Ijust went to the Clinique counter for makeup. I also found a purse for my mom for Mother's Day and texted both brothers so they will mark that off their lists (their wives' lists and the one they always seem to ask me to find for themto give her.)

A quiet day after church and barbecue for just us. We did not go out to eat yesterday. What usually happens (being tired out form all the shopping) happened and we just came home. I still had groceries to shop for.

Thanks for name of your hydrangea, Karlinann. I have seen ads for the Endless summer one. There are lots of hydrangeas here. Just finding the right spot in enough shade and good soil is the trick. One of my friends has a huge blue one that is as high as her house on the north side.

Thinking of you all and so thankful for our friendship!

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey, good for you! I do not need many dressier things and lately my sister and I closet shop..'you have anything that will go with black or whatever pants?'. Sierra's mode of dress will be casual professional and she even has the option to buy company shirts which I actually hope she does. She will find it is much easier to put on a company logo than picking out a dress shirt everyday. Besides her taste in clothes is a way lot different than mine. But I remember having to wear heels and skirts, no pants, a certain length....am I that old? A good shopping day with your daughter is a wonderful day. Finding something for yourself a big plus! That she left you enough room on that credit card to buy for yourself is a miracle!

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol!Truth!

Yeah, here I am again. It's pouring down rain today. It started about an hour ago and stopped and now it's raining just as hard again. This rain will make all those seeds sprout hopefully. Yes, there is hope that we will have some pretty flowers blooming all around the yard.

Aldi's was a good shopping trip. I got all the stuff on my list. Got 3 packs of meat; hamburger, chicken brsts, and pork chops. Came home and divided them up into quart freezer bags. Now we have enough meat in the freezer. Next week I may get one of those pork butts and make pulled pork barbeque. We are having ribs, baked potatoes, French Style green beans and chocolate pudding in a cloud for dinner. Next week the giant marshmallows go on sale. Yeah! Love those.

It's still raining.
      "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

Maxie, I’m certainly that old. But I no longer cringe much at today’s “alien” fashions. I love the old classic fashions.
        i do cringe, though, and the piercings, implants (jewelry), and multiple tattoos.

Paula, we are already coming up with ideas what the older DD can do. Have to keep her out of the “bumping into” areas, because she is very sensitive about pains and screams a lot. Airport body checks are a special hate, because the almost always hit her with the hand scanners.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
        X