Saturday, May 04

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday, May 04

Good morning Rounders! We barely got 2 minutes of rain yesterday evening. Oh well. My back is still hurting this morning so I will get the heating pad on it again today.

DH is supposed to start taking short walks, so we will go around the Cul De Sac this morning. She said he could start going to the grocery store, but I don't think that is smart. The concrete would be much harder on his heel and he would be worn out. It usually takes me an hour to shop and pay and get it to the car.

I am reading another Ken Follet book, Edge of Eternity. It's a really thick paperback. It's not for you Aunt Maye, bad language, but it takes place in the 60's to the 80's and it is certainly bringing back some memories for me; Civil Rights Movement, the introduction of rock n' roll, the east & west Berlin wall, President John Kennedy and his brother Bobby Kennedy. It's a good read.

I gave myself a haircut yesterday and it feels wonderful to not be shaggy anymore. I need to trim my hair every 10 days to keep it looking decent, but it's been more than 5 wks since I cut it. Shaggy!

I've got to get off now and go to the heating pad. Peace & Plenty.
    Last edited by karlinann; 05-04-2019, 07:04 AM.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

morning..I am going back to sleep for now..this afternoon possibly yard work...

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Bethina, wear a mask when you do the yardwork. You don't want to get a sinus infection.

Good morning.
    It’s 56° out, going to 92° today.
    My brother arrived yesterday afternoon. We spent the day catching up, just talking, and eating out.
    Today we get down to business and work on the garage.
    I don’t know when/how E started moving stuff around, but I can’t find anything. I’ve already got many bags of stuff packed for Charity......I didn’t make much of a dent.
    So, a busy day ahead.

I kept waking up last night....at least 4x. I’m getting used to it. I think.
    Searching for E’s keys at one point....not in any logical place. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.
    I had made a bunch of calls yesterday. One place he works, I’m having a friend of his check out an address to deal with pensions. The # he left for me was not related at all to that company. Not even near its HQs location.

This morning my reset rate is up. So I am sitting a while longer with a bowl of cereal.
    Oh, we can’t find the WiFi password. What E had written down sure didn’t work....we found 3 different ones, actually, and none worked. My brother needs to hook it up to his C-PAP machine. Today my brilliant electronics savvy DD will come see what E did, and undo it or help us find a solution. I’m going to have her remove his brilliant innovative electronics stuff, so I can have our stuff run on regular methods that even I can understand. Men!
    Busy day ahead.

Hope you all have a great day☀️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      Jo, it will all fall in place. The paperwork will get done and phone numbers found. And all the junk will be hauled away. It takes time and, weather you believe it or not, your brain is not working at full capacity. Relax and take care of your self...

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      Amen to that, maxie!

Morning...I think the rain stopped and the sun may be peeking...but I would have to get up and check and I am not that curious. It will shine in the window soon enough. We are SUPPOSE to have a couple of rain free days. Now that I finally have Jon ready to paint and the landscaping plants bought it has to dry out and to do that it has to stop raining!

Blues lost last night and tomorrow could be the end of my season. Cards also lost yesterday...to the Cubs...how horrible! They play again this afternoon. We had Andrew's Taco Bell for supper and the indigestion was not to bad...it was so yummy and worth the discomfort. But I do think those soft tacos are getting skinnier and skinnier. 'Course, I was really hungry.

Guess I could do a load of laundry today and there is ironing. I need to return a pair of pants I picked up for Sierra. The days of my picking things up on a whim for her will be stopping when she moves out. We need some tough love around here. She is still determined to move out. Instead of telling us how much we should give this guy a chance why can't she just once look at what we do not like about him? But we are wrong about everything. How did I get so old and not know anything? Well, to late to learn anything now..if I ever knew anything I would be forgetting it now anyway.

Karlinann, short walks will be good for both of you to get out, maybe visit with a neighbor or two while out. Beth, go Cardinals beat those Cubs!!

Saturday is another day around here with weekend workers. Hope you all have a special one...

Comment

karlinann, before I forget to ask: what are the sitting exercises you do for your hamstring? Thanks!

I have been to an appointment this morning at 8:30 and now getting ready to go to Redding and shop. Becky needs clothes for work. The ones has ordered online have not been the right material or size. Petite is not the same at all the stores. I am hoping to find a new pair of dressy Clark's sandals (which is kind of an oxymoron) but they are comfortable and good to walk in.

We are having nice Spring weather; mild temps in the low 80's and that means no a/c running. cool temps the start of the week but warming up. I guess the 7:00pm graduation ceremony time will not be so bad. The 8:00am would be horrible and the 2:00pm will be Hot, no matter what. I will never forget my Shock at Stuart's graduation in late April when we woke up to Snow! Me and my Ca clothes and hair and no umbrella and my open toed shoes...one for the memories!

We are going to barbecue tomorrow and getting the briquettes and meat today. When Gary did the barbecuing it was always a gas grill but the regular charcoal grill is easier for us. And I love the flavor and the smell.

It is a full day here and grocery shopping will be after rEdding (I want my best energy for that, and my eyes on those price tags!) so much to find when you are used to only Walmart fro shopping. I have not found anything at the new ross store, not has Becky...

What is the Wendy's biggie bag (?) you mentioned? We will eat out up in REdding but not sure which of my fast food favs we will use. there are 3 we do not have and all three are good! Always have the fish and chips diner, too...

I hope you all are doing well. Jo, so happy you have helpers who have your best interest and can be there with you. I remember going in to pay the property tax and realizing I did not know where the bill was: the office was so kind. I knew the tax collector (former daycare mom) and she took me aside and told another staff member what to find, etc. that was month after he passed and I thought I was doing well with "taking care of business."

Again, sunny thoughts for you all, and allergen free outside time!
      sorry about the teams, maxie!

Comment

• karlinann
        karlinann commented
        Editing a comment
        Paula, the sitting exercise is the Hamstring stretch. That is the only one I know of except for the Pigeon Pose and I don't think you'll be able to do that one at the ceremony. https://www.healthline.com/health/ba...ng-pigeon-pose
        Paula, this is the website for all the exercises and it's a safe site.
        Last edited by karlinann; 05-04-2019, 01:17 PM.

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        So many people will go out of their way to help. I remember taking an insurance check in to the bank to deposit so I could pay funeral expenses and just ended up bawling like a baby. The teller held my hand the entire time..you never forget those kindnesses.

I am not a Ross shopper. Kohl's is Sierra's store of choice but I can never find anything for myself in there. Good luck...petite is a hard size to fit. My sandals are all Clark...so comfy. Have them in every color but white. I also have some winter Clarks. I have walked Disney in my Clarks.
    Working...
    X