Friday, May 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday, May 03

Good morning Rounders! I got my Swiffer Dry+Wet Sweeper yesterday and it is wonderful. When I first went into Walgreen's they didn't have it in the aisle where the other mops and Swiffer Wetjet's were and I had to get an Associate to help me find it. Turns out it was in a different aisle with the cleaning products, and it comes in a box. It also comes with 7 dry cloths and 3 wet cloths. It was so easy to put together and it doesn't weigh anything. I can dry mop the whole house with one cloth. I can buy those refill cloths at Aldi's or Publix and they are not name brand so way less expensive. I was a Swiffering fool going through this house. LOL!

My back started hurting as soon as we got home yesterday and I think it's due to having to sit sideways in the doc's office. If I make any changes in my sitting pattern it usually affects my old back. I'm old.

JoGee, that list E left for you, well DH and I have put together that list for each other so we will have easy access when the time comes. I think everyone should do that to make it easier. My neighbor/friend behind us did not have it and she had a time even with her daughter's help. Why not be prepared is my motto. Life is hard enough at the time of a death. Your E was smart and yes, I agree that he probably knew he was in bad shape. Bless.

We both enjoyed the Wendy's Biggie Bags and we are going to go again in 3 wks when DH has his next doc appt. or his 1st PT appt. That was a meal! I didn't have to cook anything and we just had a cup of soup and some crackers late in the evening.

Coffee is brewed, I need to get up from this computer and get some of it and move to a chair with the heating pad on my back. Have a good day today. Peace & Plenty.

"Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning everyone.

Karli, I wet mopped my floors last night with the wet Swiffer pads. I had to use 4 wet mop heads because the floors were so dirty from moving in. Will probably re-do the floors again in a few days just because the pads got dirty so fast. At least I feel like the floors are some what clean now. At least I don't see a lot of "marks" on them now.

Today I'm going with my S-I-L down to her antique shop which is about 25 miles south of here. I don't like antiques in my house, but I do like looking at things that takes be back to the "good ole time".

I say I don't like antiques, but I do have my mom and dad's cedar chest and the only dresser I ever remember them having. I'm sure those 2 items were used when they got them because my family was poor. I'll never give them up and will make sure the 1 niece knows the story behind them. I believe she is the only one who would continue to take care of them.

Enough of me for the day. Everyone have a great day....Maxie, after 12 straight days of measurable rain, we get a break until next Tuesday. Hope you are getting the same break.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good morning...I have some wet spots in my bed room nothing I can't deal with....Just greatful that its not a basement full of water. I have now had wet floors twice...both times have been after the house next door was torn down....

I didn't work out this morning and I am so greatful for the extra hour of rest..Just feeling off today...allergies maybe? stress from the crazy week at work maybe? I don't know. Work today then I don't know. I hope to get some of the yard raked up this weekend...Stupid gumballs! I can atleast rake in the front its to tall in the back.

I have a pretty busy week end ahead...going out tomarrow night with my Bible study group then....then a big cook out on Sunday,.

Comment

Good Morning.....
        while I'm typing this, I’m waiting on hold for SSA to get me a representative ...... oh, they picked up earlier than I was told to wait.

Today will be a hot 89° and sunny. And my brother is arriving today. Yay!

Much to do......that phone call was ‘way long! Have a telephone appt now at the end of the month. Benefits are changing. I won’t have E’s DC til next week sometime. Funny how slow they are when you need stuff, and how quickly companies want those certificates at a time like this. Sheesh!

Have a good day. I’ll try to push this hot weather eastward so those of you with all that precious rain can dry out! ☀️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Morning...no rain today but more tonight and tomorrow. No sun either! Suppose to get cooler too. I am never going to put my sweatpants away!

Received an invitation for Mother's Day next weekend and I am looking forward to it. Jon may be off so he can drive but I am going even if I drive myself, which I can. Also the graduation invitations are hitting the mail. Andrew used so many snow days this winter that he will be in school until May 30. Never have they had school this late...would be nice if the state forgave some of them. I hate school going that late. He has early dismissal today so I have to pick him up at noon. He chose taco bell for supper tonight. I had better check if I have money or he will be running home to the bank with me immediately after getting off the bus. I need to switch my bank closer.

Last night we took a ride to the river and it is high! I wanted to see the flood walls up. Andrew never wants to go but once we get there he gets a big kick out of looking where the road is by the tops of road signs sticking up out of the water. It is fascinating how Mother Nature behaves. And yes, already in places only the tips of signs are showing.

Suddenly this allergy stuff that I thought had left is back and settling in my chest. Man, if it is not one thing it is another and sun and heat is the answer!!!!!! With all this rain I probably have mold growing in my chest..

My husband also left a book of things when he passed. My brother went to his desk and found it right on top. We had no idea, hint or anything that he would have a heart attack but he had everything in order. Makes you wonder....ya know?

I Swiffered my floors the other day. Sometimes it takes more than one pad per room especially with the mud now. But can it be easier? I get my refill pads at the Dollar Store and have never seen an off brand but will start looking...they are pricey. I am going to pick one up for Sierra next time I go out.

Well guess I had better get moving especially if the kid will be here so much earlier today. Have a wonderful day everyone. Cardinals lost last night and the Blues play late again. I hate joining my game in progress because the first game ran over or went into overtime. I want to hear the National Anthem and see that first puck dropped. I now my son says I am a pain but I am old and do not like being messed with. Besides the first game was seen from beginning to end and I am paying my direct tv bill and want to see the beginning. Gotta go before you think I am old grouch...have a good one people.

Comment

I can't believe it is Friday! This week has gone by quickly! Probably because my brother was here and it seemed there was something I had to do each evening after daycare.

I have been thinking about getting a stadium cushion for the graduation. I looked on the school store site but didn't see any. Ohio state was the one I found on Amazon with the same colors but I just can't see using another college's colors...and I know Walmart stocks only CA sports teams and the high school (green and gold). But 2 hours on the bleachers (I really hope we get there in time for ground level seating for my mom) or even two hours on a metal folding chair willnot be easy with my sciatic nerve! I am using my mother to try and get us into the ground level seating. She is a fall risk and needs to be able to get up for the restroom...I remember for Spencer's graduation at the Arco Arena in Sacramento we stayed in the aarea close to a restroom and the door we entered for Gary...it was right next to the concession area! who knew you could buy nachos for a graduation? Being held at the college, I doubt Becky's graduation will have the scent of nachos wafting through the air. There are three days for graduation: hers is the first onfriday evening. My friend's daughter has her graduation scheduled for- are you ready- 8:00am Sunday!!! there is no way I could have got my mom there at that time. So I will just be quiet about any seating, I guess. I am taking the whole day off from daycare and Becky is getting her hair and makeup done and I will have plenty of tissues ready for me.

Jo, as I commented on your post last night, I take those notes with instructions, etc, as gifts and evidence of E's caring for you.
            I have kept the paper Gary wrote the instructions for me on...items I did not know about.

Beth, your weekend sounds like fun. Enjoy your timewith friends!
            Jostoy, I could mop and dust hourly, for what the daycare kids bring into that room! I do sweep morning and afternoon. I think I will look for the Swiffer wet mop like you and Karlinann are talking about.

The last two days I have had a mom come about 5 minutes early and the door wasn't unlocked so I better get going and turn on the lights and open up. I don't know why, but that makes me uncomfortable...weird, the standards we impose on ourselves.

I hope you all enjoy this day. Keep busy but take time out for yourself.

Comment

• karlinann
              karlinann commented
              Editing a comment
              Paula, no matter where you sit you can alleviate the nerve pain by doing sitting hamstring stretches. I have to do them all day long, and when I'm driving every time I get to a traffic light I put in in Park and stretch that leg. It is a quick fix, but won't last long.

Ya'll would not believe how hot and humid it is here. Yesterday the AC ran almost constantly in the evening and today it started kicking on before 10 am. It is supposed to be 90% chance of rain, but I haven't seen any. It's hot outside and I've had to sit in front of a fan inside all day and that is with the AC and all the house fans going. Plus I've tried to keep the heating pad either on my back or my knee. That is mainly what the extra fan is for.

Good Morning. Yesterday the sun eventually came out for a while. Hope it does that today too, but not suppose to.

Yesterday I had a hard time getting my butt in gear after coming home from grocery shopping. Just wasn't feelin' the groove. I did get the clothes sorted & put away in my room. Cork...bless his soul...folds the laundry weird & then just plops in piles in the closet or a drawer. Drives me crazy! Can't find anything. Anyways, I pulled out all the piles, refolded, sorted, and put everything away where it belongs. I felt so much better.

I did cook a real dinner & we all sat down together. I did get a few bites in before Cork was done & gone. Got the kitchen red up & then started again, but not before I got that floor soaking. Cork gets down on his hands & knees and scrubs. NOT ME! Haven't in years. I get a bucket of hot water, dip in the mop, & w/o wringing it out I mop. I then let it soak for about 10 minutes before I start mopping everything up. I then got another bucket of clean water & went over it again & again. It looked great & no dirt feet. I then went to work making the kitchen a mess again. Made 8 PB pies and 4 cakes. Got the pies in the freezer as well as the cakes. The day ended well.

Had a rough start to my morning. I bottomed out and slept thru the alarm. Blaise came in & woke me up at 8:20...oops....the bus comes at 8:07. We hustled around and I got him to school on time. Along with about a 100 other parents. It's a well orchestrated thing....a continuous flow of cars & buses. Amazing!

My head is finally clearing & now the work starts. I've got the strawberries dipped in the chocolate. Now to create the goodie tray for Blaise's class. Today is his 9th birthday. He finally chose choc covered strawberries & a variety of cookies. I'll take it over to the school a little later. Then I have to deliver pies to the restaurant down the hill and ice Blaise's BD cake. It's going to be a multi layered Pokémon cake with Pikachu being the top layer. The bottom layers are white cake & the smaller cakes on top are chocolate. Kathy was going to buy a cake, and we ask Blaise which he would prefer...bought or Grandma's and he picked mine. He doesn't eat cake anyways. He's into ice cream. I made a bowl of black bean salsa to take too to the party tomorrow.

Tonight is karate. I don't have any special plans for Blaise tonight. Tomorrow we are taking him for Chinese for lunch, then his BD party in the afternoon. His BF from school is going with us, and then staying overnight. I hope I live thru all that. Blaise's birthfather is coming to the party. He hasn't seen Blaise since his 2nd BD party. Blaise is so excited to meet him. He doesn't remember him at all & I haven't spoke of him for 6 years. Blaise didn't win in the parent lottery.

Jostoy...I'm not into antiques at all either, but my Mom has my Grandmother's dresser that was in her sewing room...very ornate. It's the only thing I really want out of my Mom's house. I have great memories of that sitting in her sewing room.

Have a good one all!!!!

Jo..did you tell your daughters that I was going to come knock around your son if they didn't? I'm just curious to see what he does with both of you (you & MIL) needing him in the next week.

Comment

Cookie, yes I did. They laughed, but they do try to keep him in line, and they all have my back! DD said there is a lot that I haven’t heard, but they do put him in his place when he gets on the wrong track.

Lunch didn’t happen yesterday. He just got off the interstate when they got a call from home. His MIL has gotten worse.
              but he drove the mile to explain it to me and apologize. By the time he got home she had already passed away.
              So, he will be learning a lot of what I’m going through now. He should be more respectful in the future. And I’m just leaving it all to his sisters. That’s one load off my mind.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

good afternoon..

where did the morning go.. oh, i remember, I was really working . ... 2 loads laundry,, ( requires going up down steps 3 times.. )
                The back of our house goes to the ground so I Have a nice space under our big deck , with swing, 0ld carpet and chair in one half... picnic table ,benches on other half... so I cleaned it all .. lots of leaves blowed in. stuff stacked in this area, out of the winter weather. so now it is now back to usable.. I'm tired.

time to make D. some lunch.. he has slept all morning.. was in angry mood.. wants to Stop iron pills.. (constipation ). He's really unhappy with his new health condition. and I understand it. but ,,, hey folks, when you get to 87 , your going to have problems!

did read all above , have comments but the Master is calling ..
                see you later

Comment

I hate iron pills! I understand that dilemma!! The aftertaste isn’t great, either.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• sassygirl01
                    sassygirl01 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    JoGee,I do too..I drink alot of water....When i take my pill...It is awful..YUCK..
                Working...
                X