Thursday, May 02

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday, May 02

Good morning Rounders! I went to bed at 9 pm thanks to that cup of joe after dinner. I feel rested, but not as energetic as Maxie was yesterday. Can you say The Energizer Bunny? LOL! I did manage to give DH a haircut, clean the floors, do a load of laundry, gather seeds from the garden and pull weeds. I just need to clarify something. My garden is not full of flowers right now. The Cleome's are the big outstanding feature right now and they are in the back garden. The bank has only a couple of things blooming, and the front has only a couple of things blooming. In other words it is going to be awhile before all the seeds I sowed come up and develop into bloomers. I am patient when it comes to gardening. No, it's not instant gratification, but it will come and I'm one who can wait on the miracle.

Aunt Maye I bet those Afghans are precious. I love anything that is crocheted. I used to have a crocheted bedspread. One of my cleaning customers gave it to me and I ended up giving it to one of my sisters. I bet she sold it in a yard sale. It was the ecru cotton kind that would cost a fortune nowadays.

Today is Walgreen's to buy the Swiffer Wet/Dry Sweeper, then foot doc appt., then maybe lunch out. DH has only one little staple left to remove. I could have removed it myself, but doc wouldn't like that. The Sx site is looking good and the whole foot looks much improved. I'll be glad when he can get that boot off to shower. I have to say that plastic sleeve we bought from the dr.s office is very sturdy and worth the $12. It is starting to get compromised though. Anything being stretched over that rugged boot would get compromised.

JoGee, thinking of you daily and wishing you well. You are in all our hearts.

DH has a sinus infection. He will try to get an appt. with his pcp so he can get medication.

Have a great day! Peace & Plenty.
    Last edited by karlinann; 05-02-2019, 03:44 AM.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning everyone.

Today is the appt for x-rays, so that means a day of rest for me. Still haven't tried hanging that mirror.

Did get all ceramic tile floors mopped yesterday. The laminent floors will be maybe tomorrow. At least the bedrooms were mopped before I moved in so no moving of furniture there. The hall and front room will be no problem as I can get the Swiffer under all the furniture in there.

Still have shelving to put up in the laundry room. Think I will go 4 high or maybe 3. Depends on high far I can reach the top shelf. Have everything I need to do the job, including the electronic stud finder. Boy are those things nice. It shoots a lazer beam in the middle of the stud.

Time to go get some breakfast. You all have a wonderful day.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good Morning! It's a dreary looking one here, but yesterday was beautiful. It actually hit 81 at one point with high humidity. I had the windows closed all day until evening.

Oh yesterday was super productive in the kitchen, and you know how I like that! I baked 12 doz brownie cups that then were filled with caramel. Once they got that "scum" on the top of the caramel, I then sprinkled sea salt, then topped with melted choc to kind of "seal in" the caramel, plus it makes them look nice. Both brides ordered those. Mixed up the Buckeyes & Oreo Truffles before icing the carrot cake for the new restaurant.

I placed an order for lunch before delivering the cake to them. OH MY!!!! I'm going there more often, that's for sure. I got a steak hoagie w/fries for $6. I got the HALF hoagie & it must have been 8". It was great! Took several copies of her menu & will be handing them out. Gave one to my neighbor when she popped in yesterday for my egg cartons. I told her about the place & she was complaining about how expensive the last owners were. Told her that wasn't so with these owners. Mel posted on FB this morning & apparently they were packed yesterday. Always good to see a local small business succeed.

I then rolled, froze, and then dipped the Buckeyes and Oreo truffles. Everything is packaged & in the freezer. I'm almost done! I won't be making the last kind of cookie until the day before the wedding. So I feel like I"M DONE!...for now. So now can I sit back & eat bon bons? NOPE! Today I start working on Blaise's birthday cake. Think I'm going to make a multi layers Pokémon cake. We'll see. I may just make a super large (12") multi layers Pokémon "ball" cake. I FINALLY got him to tell me what he wants for his school treat tomorrow....choc covered strawberries & a tray of cookies. I can do that. Just need to get to Aldi's and get the strawberries today. Think I'll do that first thing. Won't dip the strawberries until tomorrow morning though. Also want to get started on the PB pies. At least get the crusts made & baked. After I get those done, I think I'll soak & then mop this floor.

Looking outside...the honeysuckle is starting to bloom! My lilacs must have got nipped by a frost because there are hardly any blooms. The azaleas should be blooming by days end I think.

What to make for dinner? Hmmmmm…..I think I'll make orange chicken for Blaise & me, and I figure out something else for Cork. I just want us all to sit down together. What gets me is that by the time I get my level taken & take my shot, Cork is usually done & leaves the table. He grew up that way. I can't get him to change after 30 some years. We ate & talked. Would you believe after almost 35 years of marriage my husband just is noticing that I hum or whistle while I work? Where has he been?

Hope you got home & in your own bed Jo. I would list all the kids and just the # of grands & great grands since there are so many. Now we've got a much smaller family & will probably list everyone.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning...work has been busy every day this week. The students seemed stressed with last second projects and finals coming. Tomorrow is their last day of class. After today I have 6 of work. I can’t believe how fast the time has gone. In 2 weeks I will be camping for 4 or 5 nights. I am excited to see all my family.

Comment

Good morning, all.
          I only got 5 hours of sleep, but I can function on that. Ellis woke me up at 3:00 in a dream. I don’t recall the dream any more, but I remember his face so clearly.

Today should prove interesting. I got a text from my son yesterday, TELLING me what time he and his wife would pick me up for lunch. Good thing DD and I were trying to get things done and learned we can’t get the death certificates until next week. When? They wouldn’t tell me a day, so it’ll be hit or miss. But that cleared my time for tomorrow. I can let him know he can get me after the noon hour almost what he told me, and not mid-afternoon. He seems to think I am a happy go lucky widow with nothing but time on my hands??? No, after DD drops me off at home, I want to sit a while. You know? I resent him just ordering me around. If he thinks he has an inheritance coming, he is mistaken. If he simply wants to find out what he can take that E left behind, he has to wait til all is sorted by me, for heaven’s sake. I’m wary because he never has made hardly any time for us before. And TELLING me what I’m going to do gets my hackles up, but he won’t see it. Even the girls were shocked at this “invitation”. Actually he has told me some lies this last week when we were in touch, that one DD can personally verify with a friend of hers. But he’s my son, so I will see what he is up to or wanting. And put him in his place if I need to. We have been generous to all the kids in many ways, but this one may need a verbal spanking. So today will be interesting.
          Cookie, is this a *DRAMA* coming from my son?

My brother arrives tomorrow, my youngest DD arrives Saturday for 3 weeks to help with my search for papers. Niece will take me to the airport to get my brother. I called the car dealer about the maintenance flag on the dash. When he heard my news, I didn’t have to make an appointment...he said just bring it in any time Monday morning. He’s a nice guy, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he cut or waved the cost for me. We will see.

So, now the sun is up. Granddaughter will sleep in spite of it. I will finish packing up my stuff and be ready to go before checkout time. She has taken good care of me, seeing that I ate something regularly. Plus helping with stuff. I know she will be in touch til I get moved.

So that’s where I am today.
          I will be back to read posts.
          Have a great day, everyone. ☀️

Cookie, I think that’s the best option for the obit. Thank you, everybody who offered suggestions.
          Last edited by JoGee; 05-02-2019, 08:11 AM.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• cookielady
            cookielady commented
            Editing a comment
            OK Jo...your son is on yours & my SH** list, and I'm sure if one of your DD text you and told you what time they were going to pick you up, that would have been fine, BUT your son has just pushed too many buttons. If you don't give him a verbal spanking or slap or two, I think I'll go hunt them down and do it for you.

Yes, it's DRAMA, and drama you don't need. He better not DARE ask for anything. You have been giving stuff away left & right, and he hasn't had the time to see you any of those times. Call him out on his lies. I'm surprised his sisters don't do it.

The undertaker helped my Mom with all those little details. Even took her to the SS office and got many copies of the DC for her. I'm surprised it's taking that long to get them. They KNOW that you need to provide a DC for everyone & everything.

Thanks for checking in.

And a rainy morning here! Going to be a rainy day...yesterday the temps rose to 80. I think all the plants out there just sucked up the warm. Dwarf lilac is about ready to pop and I cannot wait. It is so full of buds. The peony's have buds getting bigger and fatter. Only half of the azalea, literally half of the shrub, bloomed and the heavy rain beat it up pretty good in all the rain. The clematis is crawling up the fence and the clump of shasta daisys already have buds forming. If it would stop raining I could enjoy looking over the garden. The little town across the river from us is being evacuated due to flooding....here we go! Suppose to be a nice weekend if we can row our boat long enough to get through the next couple of days.

Blues lost last night. I hate long series because you start to feel a certain animosity against the other team and its players and I know it is a game and some you win and some you lose but I wanted to win...ya know? They are back home to play tomorrow night. BUT the Cardinals play this afternoon on the east coast so no rain out. Since I did all my work yesterday I can watch an afternoon game without being interrupted with those pesky chores. Jon is off today so he can cook.

Jo hope you are home and back in comfortable surroundings. You are in my thoughts. Wow, cookie, you can make me a birthday treat anytime..that boy has good taste! Hope you get a good doctor report Karlinann. Gardens are a work in progress...that is why I like shrubs. They are closest to instant gratification as I can get. Jostoy, a day of rest is not a dirty word! Enjoy it!! Good luck with the x-rays.

Yes Beth it has been a fast year. I know you will enjoy your summer off! JoG, your emotions are raw and I would suggest maybe keeping another family member close when dealing with your son...might keep you from rubbing each other the wrong way? Most people are incredibly kind when they hear of a passing of a loved one. Restores your faith...

Going to head in for another cup of coffee. Slow start to a rainy day. Hope you all have sunshine and warm weather. A perfect day for me would be my feet walking on hot sand and sunshine on my head.

Last edited by maxie; 05-02-2019, 08:44 AM.

Comment

• cookielady
            cookielady commented
            Editing a comment
            Peonies are one of my FAVORITE flowers. The smell, the looks. Wished they'd last longer. They are right up there with lilacs, snapdragons, and zinnias, black eyed susans, and iris.

So many wonderful posts to wake up to. My problem is I am a bit later and now watching the clock as I type.
          Deer alarms on cars Work! They are cheap and a friend of mine who had hit two and lives kout in the country got one and has not had another close call with a deer at all! Amazon has them for around 10.00 and they are not ugly or hard to put on your car.

I got a crocheted spread at my favorite antique shop years ago for 25.00! It is a granny square type and so pretty and colorful.

My honeysuckle kis starting to bloom too! I love it when I walk out and can smell it right away!
          Orange chicken is on my Sunday menu, Donna. I love your recipe!

Jo, treasure those dream visits! I feel they are a blessing to us.
          My mortuary ordered the death certificates for me. I have one original left of the however many I ordered.

Peonies!!! Please take a big whiff for me everytime you can, maxie! They bring me right back to our house in Maryland when I was in high school. Only one year there, but I guess sweet smells are a memory that really imprints on me...as much as food!

Beth, I can't believe how fast the year is going. It probably goes faster because I have deadlines like dieting for events or building walking strength for the same events! sigh. I just need to do it for the long haul and not for the sprints that come up a few times a year.

Maye, I love reading all your posts.
          You are all in my thoughts and conversation in my head as I read over your posts.
          Have a great Day!

Jo, you are in charge of you and thankful you have those around you who are helping!

Comment

These birds must be twitter patted. Noisy!!!!!!! I almost want to go outside & tell them to tone it down. Gosh.

Comment

Great news! The last staple is out, the wound looks great, and DH will start PT in 3 weeks. He has another 5 wks in the boot, but can walk more with the RW. She said he has good strength in his foot and is doing really good. I'm so happy and relieved. He still has a dsg on his heel, but since he has the boot it's really necessary to keep it covered and clean.

We stopped at Wendy's and ordered 2 Biggie Bags for lunch. Awesome!
              "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

• maxie
                maxie commented
                Editing a comment
                Good news! I have not thought about Wendy's for a long time....hummmmm will keep them in mind for my my next venture out.

Well My son just showed up here a minute ago and said we need to reschedule. They just got a call that his wife’s mom just took a turn for the worst.
              I understand completely. I hope they are able to get home in time.

Also, I just learned that apparently my DD’s all come to my defense and set him straight, verbally kicking his a** up, down and sideways; I bet they’d physically take him down if it came to worse. The only reason I hear of his disrespect is they don’t want me to hear it from other people.
              But now he will be coming to new understandings due to his MIL. This will make some changes in his life and understanding of a few more things that will surprise him. I hope. Time will tell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• maxie
                maxie commented
                Editing a comment
                Glad your daughters have your back Jo. Hope you can establish a new relationship with him.

I wish I could send you people a picture of my rain gauge. It is measuring 6 1/4 inches of rain and it is still raining. It only goes to 7 so I may have to dump it soon and start over! It is kinda wet around here..

Comment

Hello everyone..
                I am late again...lol..
                I was working on my printer..One had die on me...Lucky i have back up..The hard part was find the right cord..
                Then try to print..Out of ink..Darn..
                I will take the rain..And wash that pollen away..Everyone has there house open..
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Maxie, I think there’s a chance now that things might go better.

Cookie, in our circumstance with E, there is no undertaker. However one daughter has been through all this and is helpful, and youngest daughter looks up everything and even reads the fine print (just like her daddy was). Our niece said she’d do the driving for me...we just coordinate the times.

I was surprised/shocked/thankful when I picked up some papers on E’s side table. It had a lost of places I need to call and the phone numbers to all the financial type places I need to call. I can’t help but wonder if he knew and didn’t tell me how sick he really was. He didn’t mention most of the time when he had pains, only if it was obvious. I know he sometimes “lost” words he wanted to say, and I helped him say what he wanted to, to a doctor at the hospital just one time......but I thought it was a minor part of aging. He’d joke and said he had “Sometimers”. I just wonder.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• Paula A
                    Paula A commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I would think he was preparing you and himself, Jo. After Gary died I found a paper with the number to call to his retirement finances and was told information that I would not have known about. I think of these things as "tender mercies" that help us get through that were given to us.

How right you are, Paula. What a sweet thought. Thanks.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                  X