Wednesday, May 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday, May 01

Good morning Rounders! Wow, I slept for 8 hrs. Anyway, it's already 69* going to 87*.

Our trash pick-up is today so I have to get it out there. I'm so glad I sowed all those Zinnia seeds yesterday morning cuz now that the night time temps are going to be a constant 70* they will sprout and we'll have some lovely flowers. That's the plan anyway.

I feel like I've been run over by a Big Mack coal truck. I suppose it's from sitting in my broken down club chair that I need to throw out and replace with a new comfortable chair. I have loved that chair for over 5 years. It has a matching ottoman too, but the springs are broken down and my back is getting abused daily. Time to go shopping at the thrift shop.

I've got to get off here cuz I've got to place an order. Peace & Plenty.

"Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning posting from my phone...waiting for my sis to get here so we can work out. It looks like I won’t get my 30 minutes in. Oh well some is better than none.

work has been reallly busy the last 2 days. We served over 300 yestersay

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Well all the boxes in the house are unpacked and put in the proper place. I finished putting up all the pictures and plaques yesterday. Now I have to clean the house, with the swiffer and the mop on the ceramic tiles. Don't know if my back will take all of that today or not. May have to take 2 days to do it all.

The Dr.'s office called yesterday to say that x-rays have been set up for me so I'll do that tomorrow. And no I didn't mention the pinched nerve that I had for 5 days. Didn't see any reason to do that as it wasn't the NPT or Dr. who called.

I do have my big bathroom mirror to put up yet, but don't know if I need help with that. I think I need more "muscle" than what I have alone.

Hope all have a good day.
      Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• karlinann
        karlinann commented
        Editing a comment
        Jostoy, what you do is invite the best looking guy in on the block over for a cup of coffee and a piece of pie and then you ask him if he knows how to hang a mirror. Problem solved.

• jostoy
        jostoy commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL.. Don't think that would get the job done. He may have a wife that I don't know about. Have only met the neighbors on the west side of me. Paid him $155. dollars to take down the chain link fence and the crappy looking privacy fence. Well the privacy fence is still standing. And he isn't working, but he sure cashed that check on time. Plus he left me with a mess of tree limbs to pick up. Got those on my trailer Sunday.

Good morning! It is raining and it rained all night and the rain gauge is half full. It is a new gauge that Scott gave me for Mother's Day so I am not sure it is accurate of just made to be pretty,,,ya know?..anyway I am not going out in the rain to see how much rain we have had. Weather guy said more coming in later today and the rivers are rising. We do talk about the rivers rising around here a lot but when the rivers rise the roads close and you have to be informed.

I slept like a rock last night. Give me a thunder storm and I sleep like a baby. I fell asleep at 9:00 and Sierra called on her way home from work at midnight to tell me it was raining...thank you...but I was sleeping again before she came in. My allergies are clearing up and I can talk. Now with this good sleep I should be ready to go and believe me I need to get going around here. There are muddy boot prints and piled high laundry. Dishes in the dishwasher and in the sink. With my new found energy this morning i was able to stomp a dust bunny on my way to the kitchen. I am ready for a big day of work...of course I could totally peter out on my way to the kitchen for a second cup of coffee...energy is a fleeting thing.

Cardinals won last night but I admit I slept through a lot of it. Blues play late tonight. No reason other than television for these late night games. No consideration for kids or old people who need their sleep.

Well, Beth looks like our allergy season is over. WE made it!! Karlinann wish we could see your yard. Paula has posted beautiful pictures of wild flowers and this morning my Texas brother posted pictures of the Bluebells. The flowering tress were beautiful around here this spring. Then mommy dearest posts they had snow. Strange thing this spring weather.

Have a great day people. I am either going to clean this joint or fall on my face in the hall. Ya never know!

Jo thinking of you...let your girls do what ever they can.

Comment

I wish I could send over one of my daycare dads, Jostoy! Two of them in particular are so helpful and always asking if I need anything done. Usually I don't have anything but once in awhile I need their help.

Speaking of that need for help, my brother changed the laundry area lights for me. My step stool is not high enough and even the painter's ladder was not high enough for Becky and I do not like getting up on it. Bruce took care of it and the bathroom lights which we both decided would need changed out soon. If I could change out all lights to pendant ones or something like the one ceiling fan that are really easy to get to the bulbs, I would! At my mom's he even got the glass fixtures down for her from her ceiling fan and washed them.

He is on his way home and hope he has a day or two before he flies again.
        The chicken enchiladas and tamales were so good! Everyone thought I bought the tamales local, but if I don't know the persone making them I do not buy them. these were form Costco and were full of pork and still a nice amount of masa.

Our trash is out and have not heard the trucks, yet. I still have time to find some more!
        I have been getting rid of things in the daycare that are not used or needed. One of those things is the 9 milk crates I had for blanket cubbies in the little room. These two toddlers have decided they should pull everything out of them everyday and throw it all around. Not all of it was filled with blankets; we used some as storage for books,etc. They were stacked and held together (I hate to admit this) with duct tape (colorful!) and I have had them forever...right now they are on my barbecue patio (RV parking area) on the pool side of the yard. I have a friend who may want them for storage in her garage, if not, I am not sure how to give them away or just what? But I am downsizing although not telling anyone that. I have decided that at the end of this summer I amgiving away my big airplane teeter totter because it has a 3 and up age to it and I will have only 1 child that fits the age requirement. For a family they can decide what toys and equipment to allow, but a daycare is at great liability for any injury that occurs and the first thing that comes up is what is the age limit for whatever the cause of the injury was. I had a good friend who lost her license over a child getting hurt on her climber...
        anyway, that is how I amthinking, just not telling anyone of the parents. I did call the referral agency and asked them to take my name off the list. I won't have room for anyone this summer and I am not sure if I want to take on anyone whenI do have an opening. I will have another child who is a sibling of one of the toddlers! Both toddlers have a younge rsibling..

I don't know why I have been going on. You all are the ones I am discussing this with.

Cooler tmeps last night made for a wonderful night's sleep!
        Please have a good day!
        I think of you all during my day and hope yours is going well.
        Hugs and prayers!

Comment

• jostoy
          jostoy commented
          Editing a comment
          Paula, send one of those guys right on over to F.W. I'd like for him to put new faucets in both bathrooms as well please.

Good SUNNY Morning! I know this is temporary, but I'll take it. Yesterday the sun peaked in & out, and then some rain.

Yesterday was good. Not as productive as I would have liked, but tough tooties. I got the kitchen looking presentable before my Mom arrived to go shopping. We had a nice time together. BK was our lunch destination. Nothing exciting, but time together is nice. I know I should do this more often, but time just slips by me with all my baking. Once I got home, I got things ready & took the Bistro's order over to them. Blaise tested & passed for his green belt. Came home, made us a quick dinner of spaghetti, and then read for the rest of the evening.

I saw on FB that our local butcher was having a case load sale on chicken parts, so I called & ordered 40lb of boneless/skinless ck breasts, and 30lbs drumsticks. They'll be in next Tues. Will have to package & find freezer space for all that.

Well I made my first mistake of the day already. I teasingly "shot" Blaise's blanket with a "shot gun", and I got an email from his teacher that he had his fingers shaped like a gun & was singing some kind of song. She had a talk with him and he swore up & down that he was just pointing. Things that were normal back in my day are taboo today. I'll have to talk to him about that, and stop my playing around. It's not something I do on a regular basis, but just happen when we were goofing around. I had to learn not to say "I could just kill you" when my girls were growing up because that's a bad thing too. I grew up hearing that, and nobody truly MEANT they were going to actually KILL YOU. It was just a saying. Well when a kid says that, it's a MAJOR offense. I'm failing big time. Just take away my parenting license. No where is it noted how many times I say I LOVE YOU or how many hugs I give.

Once I get my butt in gear, I plan to make about 12 doz salted caramel brownie cups, mix up and maybe shape Oreo truffles and Buckeyes. I need 6 doz of each of those. Need to ice & deliver a carrot cake to the new restaurant. May order lunch from them and see how they are. Need to cook a real dinner tonight. We've slipped into a bad habit of not sitting down together anymore to eat. These karate lessons have messed up dinner times.

((((Jo)))) Thinking of you! Jostoy...take it easy my friend. Maxie...watch out...energy is very fleeting. These new vitamins are helping me hold onto it a bit more.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          Donna, I use my Thrive vitamins every day!

• jostoy
          jostoy commented
          Editing a comment
          Donna, it's just a shame that we can't be "normal" anymore like when we were as kids. This being "politically correct" crap sure sucks. The terrorism stuff has ruined it for everyone when we just want to "kid around".

Good morning, everyone. it’s 55° here, going to 87° today.
        I am glad DD is taking me home tomorrow as I am running out of clean clothes.
        Last night I got almost 6 hours of sleep, the best in a week. I feel rested for a change,

This morning my hair wouldn’t fall in place. I am overdue for a haircut. But I bent over and brushed my hair in every direction, but not much change. My mind screamed “Natural Curl, I detest thee!” Why did I hear Robin Williams’ voice in that? Similar to a punch line in one of his jokes. Okay, so I pulled out my curling iron, and got some acceptable results, but my hair insisted being combed forward instead of to the back. It has a life of its own. That may be the highlight of my day.

Today we are going shopping, I think. DD needs stuff. I want name tags, as my kids don’t remember any of the Michigan relatives, and vice versa. Plans among the daughters are going well. E’s Memorial will turn out well. They and their grown daughters are even making some kind of decorations for the occasions. I think Ellis would approve. We concentrate on the celebration of his life, and not mourning the death more than acknowledging we all will miss him so very much.
        I started to outline an obit for the newspaper. Gotta get to that and clean it up. *Is it acceptable to just list # of children, grands, and great grands? If I named them all, it quadruples the length of the column.*???

So that’s life here.
        Karlinann, I wish I could see your blooming yard. Out here, everything is brown, a bit of green but it’s not vibrant. Desert Gardens where there’s full time groundskeepers, have lovely plants generally with small flowers in bright colors. When we got here we didn’t know what a beautiful ground crawler was, it had huge white blooms like morning glories, and a heavenly fragrance. Turned out it was Loco Weed, which the city disposed of at first sight, because the grazing cows were attracted to it.
        Beth, those people must love your food, because that’s a LOT of people.

for everyone, I hope you have a super good day. ☀️

Wow...4 of you posted while I was typing! LOL
        Last edited by JoGee; 05-01-2019, 09:06 AM.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• jostoy
          jostoy commented
          Editing a comment
          JoGee, I have always seen in the obits the children's name listed, but only numbers of grands and great grands. I really think it is your choice. Make it like you want it.

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          Exactly what I was going to say. I decided it was the last thing I could do for Gary and I did it the way I wanted to have things done, from obit to program!

I am on a permanent coffee break! Did more around here today than I did in the last two weeks. Bathrooms are clean and floors swept and mopped. Laundry is almost finished and all her work shirts are ironed. Tomorrow I will finish in the kitchen...rugs are in washing. Andrew is cooking tonight, grilled cheese, his idea, and french fries. And we will be dining off the finest paper products I have.

The rain has stopped and the rain gauge shows 4 1/2" and the news showed our area had 3 1/2" officially so give or take an inch we had a heck of a lot rain last night with heavy rain predicted for tonight again. It has warmed up a bit and Sierra is running around here in shorts and I have a flannel shirt on...hard to tell which of us is registering the right temp! Maybe after supper we will go look at the river and see how high it is...that means a stop at the Dairy Queen for cones for the road.

Jo around here they list the children and their mates and when the grands and greats are numerous they just list the number. But I agree it is your choice.

Comment

good evening...

been a long day.. sunny but one of those ones that is productive one way but NOT really... I started another of the Crib Afghans last Thurs or so.. got about 10Inches done ,saw that it was going Crooked...it was the fault of the stitch I was using.. sooooo.. I undone all that yarn . and started over .... Karen had seen the way it would look, and very definitely wants that color combination. soooo. I got a few new rows in using a different crochet stitch and it will now be fine.. but it all took Hours. D. slept most of the day.

.son Bruce stopped in at noon.. he was helping his Daughter get the parts she needs for her car, She hit a Deer and did quite a bit of damage to passenger side of car... It is an older car , good mechanically.. so worth repairing (insurance company would have gave her about $1200 and scrapped it)... getting another used car. would have meant borrowing money to get newer model etc.. and she Did Not want That.. ( this is MY TRUE Granddaughter.. we pinch our pennies ,Ha).. was nice to chat with him..

Jostoy , be careful climbing ladders, hanging picture.. Falls happen so quick ..carry your cell phone if you have one....David has made me so aware of falls.. I know If I fell outside. he would never hear me. and I do not do climbing or stretching. etc.. Hire a grand kid to wash windows. scrub walls. clean ceiling light fixtures...they can always use Gas money..

IF I don't do a return comment to any of you. does not mean I did not read and enjoy your news... just that David has called me to go get him something ... see you all tomorrow!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X