Tuesday, April 30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday, April 30

Good morning Rounders. I always go back a day and read what was posted later in the day. Aunt Maye good to hear from you. JoGee, glad your family and friends are coming together to support you at this time. I hope each day will bring you a blessing.

I don't know why, but yesterday my knee gave me such pain when I tried to walk, so I hobbled around and it was awful. This morning it feels much better. Maybe the ice pack helped.

We are down to just a sheet over us at night and it's only the last day of April. I sure hope this is not going to be an extremely hot summer.

Today is leftover spaghetti & meatball day for dinner with a small salad. Tuna salad on split top wheat for lunch.

I have been treating DH's foot after I wash and change his wound dsg. He had a bunch of dry skin where he has had to wear that boot for so long. The doc told me to wash it and massage in cream, which I have done, but I also treated it with Vasoline where that skin is so dry and it has worked miracles for his foot. Looks 10X better. I am down to EOD on the dsg change now. It looks amazing too!

I did my walk about the yard yesterday morning and lo and behold if that Jasmine Vine is not coming back up at the mailbox. I am pretty sure that is what I see, but I thought I had pulled it all out. That would be great if it's still alive. All of the Poinsettia's are still alive too. I cannot believe it. They are pretty tough. You would not believe how many Live Oak seedlings I cut when I go around the yard with my pruning shears. They are coming up bonkers where my neighbors cut down that massive LO in their front yard and then we had our LO in the back trimmed and after every rain they sprout up. NO MORE TREES in this yard.

Rounders I hope all of you are well. Maxie shall I send an Ark your way? We are going to get some rain this week too. The Cleome's are on the wane and soon I'll be pulling those up from the garden, but I've got beaucoup more seedlings up all over the garden. It's time to sow more Zinnia seeds and I'll do that today so I think I have a gardening morning ahead.

I'll be back later. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning..Karlinann yes maxi and I both will need a boat by the end of the week.

I had a decent day yesterday. Work was crazy busy for a Monday. I think we used almost all the chicken I had to cut and what was already cut. I treated myself to a pedicure after work. It was pretty wonderful!

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      Pedicures are my spa moments!

Good morning all.

Today is more of putting up pictures and plaques. The plaques are the ones my mother made, so they have to go somewhere for sure. Don't have much wall space in the kitchen, but I know where everything is going.

Last evening I went out and used the drop spreader on the back and side yard. Won't do that again. I'll be using the rider and broadcast spreader. By the time I finished, I was "pooped".

JoGee, are the girls going to help finish packing and get you moved to assisted living? I sure hope so as you need to be closer to where they live now. Sounds as if your health is "on track" for the move as well.

Hope all have a good day.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good Morning! It's a cloudy one. Yesterday was a pretty sunny one.

Yesterday was good. I mixed up the nut horn/roll dough. I needed 10 doz cookies and ended up with 17 doz. They turned out really nice. Another cookie crossed off the list. Still need to make the salted caramel brownie cups, buckeyes, Oreo truffles, and mini cheesecakes. I'm not going to make the cheesecakes until a day or two before the wedding. I don't like to freeze them. The papers tend to pull away from the sides of them, which would look tacky.

Took Blaise to karate for his final practice before tonight's testing for his green belt. Got a text from the Bistro and she needed all her desserts. Didn't think I'd get them done & to her until tomorrow since I have plans with my Mom today. Well I got my butt in gear and got the 2 pies baked & the gluten free fudge cake made. I'll get them delivered later once I get home. Didn't get my book finished as planned. I read until 1230 am, and figured I better get to bed.

Haven't heard from my Mom, but supposedly we are going into town today. She needs to stop at her Neurologist's office and see about her handicap parking application. Apparently the PA isn't authorized by the state to sign the form. Going to see about that. We are then going to make a few more stops and have lunch out...the important part! Mom just called...we are on!

Jostoy...it so good to see you back & that you are moved. Did you get a doctor's appt?
      JoG….did you finally get to talk to your son? Does he have time to help? Glad the girls & your brother are rallying around you. I forgot that E was donating his body to Science. Are you going to have the memorial service in Tucson or Phx?
      Bethina...glad your ear is finally feeling better. Have they ever tried to find out why you have so many ear infections?
      KA...take it easy.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• bethina
        bethina commented
        Editing a comment
        Cookie its a seasonal allergy thing...Just like a lot of my migraines...

• jostoy
        jostoy commented
        Editing a comment
        No ,Cookie, when I got up yesterday, the pain in my leg was gone. I just can't sit too much yet. My back is still painful, but that is nothing new. Thanks for asking.

Oh, Jo I am so happy you have all the help and family and friends around. For the memorial I bet some of the emails from E's friends would be a great insert for his family to hear. And the kindnesses!

We had dinner at my mom's last night. My brother had his wife text a Mediterrean chicken recipe form Martha Stewart that was absolutely delicious! Sounded pretty simple, too. Lemon in the chicken stock and of course, garlic and some olives made the best broth ever.
      I am going to suggest eating at my house this evening. I have a late evening nail appointment and Becky gets home around 6:00 so it will be easy and faster to eat here. I am thinking chicken enchiladas and I have three pork tamales from Costco to add to it...
      We'll see.

Jostoy, sitting too long starts up my sciatica and I am worried about Becky's graduation ceremony. I hope our seats will allow me to stand at some times so I will be able to move after it is over. I will be sitting with my mother and I figure I can act like I am moving slowly because of her. Yikes! It just dawned on me I have issues my mother doesn't have!

Beth, I take sudaphed to keep my ears clear during allergy time. Actually the generic brand of suphedrine. the one for allergies. anyway, it seems to help and the PA said to continue it to keep it working.

Again, Jo, big hugs to you and so thankful for those who are coming to the rescue!
      Karlinann, I hope those around you stop and thank you for your beautiful yard. Hearing all you do to keep it up is just amazing!
      Maye, I always go back to read what you are doing. glad the venture out did the trick! Hugs to you, too.
      And all my friends here. I agree with Maye: this is a neighborhood of friends who I love and appreciate.
      Take care of yourselves and remember you are thought about during my day!

Comment

Good morning. Going to start raining and possibly storm later today and then again tonight into tomorrow. So yes, send a boat...Beth and I are going to get pretty darn wet!

Picked up my plants yesterday. Not what I really wanted but what I wanted needed more shade than we have available out front. Grass boy was cutting when I got home..I would have thought it was to wet but he has a new lawnmower and the yard looked good. I am still so sore from Sunday an all I did was bend over. Every where you go people are suffering with allergies. I felt bad last night and promised Jon I would go to the clinic if I felt bad today. There has to be some relief. Glad you are feeling better Beth...maybe there is hope for me soon...you started earlier than I did so maybe the trees are finishing up now.

Blues won last night!! What a game. Hate strange commentators because I always feel like they favor the other team, ya know? And they have this annoying woman...you get used to your own people. Cardinals also won yesterday but the teams played at the same time and I had to make a choice.

Need to run to the grocery since I think we are going to have breakfast for supper and I want to beat the storms. Andrew said he could cook grilled cheese but we do not have cheese and who knows how I will feel at supper time? Maybe he does cook tonight. During the summer it was Jon's job to plan, shop for and cook one meal a week. It is a shame I only had 2 boys...if I had 7 I would never have had to cook at all. Anyway, both my boys cook and try new things.

Jo, I remember the paper work. I remember his work place being so helpful. Take all the help offered because you do not know how your brain shuts down. Even if you think you got it all under control you will find later you did the dumbest things. Good news from you doctor...take care of yourself.

Jostoy, sounds like you are settling in. Finding your way around town? That was the hardest part for me and my sense of direction. Had to take a 7 year old everywhere with me...he would even tell me what lane to get into. I know you will be happy closer to family. Just remember you can hire people to do all that work you want done.

Paula, thank you for the beautiful pictures. OMG! Can you imagine anything at gorgeous? I would love to see that with my own eyes.

Cookie, you came home and just beat out a couple of pies and cakes, etc? I bought a pack of sugar cookies from walmart yesterday and Andrew and I have managed to make them feel welcome. We have to eat them quickly so we do not tempt his dad. Good luck to Blaise and his karate testing.

Karlinann, I am going to change my bed today and but the flannels back on. I cannot imagine being hot at night. The furnace is off and it will have to get pretty cold to turn it back on now but some mornings are cold in here. No butterflies back yet but nothing in my garden is blooming yet. Everything is healthy and happy but holding on to those blooms. Someone on here mentioned getting a pedi...still sticking my feet into heavy socks!

Ok peeps, took me a while to type this since I was also listening to the news. Going to the store and being depressed at the price of food is uplifting compared to the news, both local and international. No wonder I watch sports...have a wonderful day and hope you all get a day full of sunshine and warm temps.

Comment

• jostoy
          jostoy commented
          Editing a comment
          Maxie, my sister-in-law is helping me getting around town. What she doesn't know, map quest does. Then she knows how to get where I need to go.

Good morning,
        My daughter is currently keeping me at the hotel til I am better rested. But I will be home on Wednesday or Thursday. It looks like the kids will be coming in shifts til everything is set to go, however long it takes.
        My brother, the gentle giant, will be here on Friday and stay 10 days. My youngest daughter is arriving Saturday, and be here 3 weeks (bereavement leave). Her help will be very valuable. A granddaughter is taking time off to do some cleaning for me, in a week or two. And it goes on!
        At some point I’ll be putting boxes in the garage and they can come take what they want. The rest donated.
        My son just texted, he will come help whenever I want. (Big change!)
        Today I email the date and location (in Phoenix) of the family memorial, with RSVPs to middle daughter. The girls are handling all that.
        Are they a blessing, or what!
        Today is total resting for me. No short shopping trips, no meals out, I only have a few calls to make, and emails to reply. I took a shower and was really out of breath afterwards (my next issue for my doctor). Sleep doesn’t come easy yet, and doesn’t last long. Less than 4 hours last night, according to my Fitbit....... the rest was “just lying there figiting.
        The 90 degree weather dropped into the 80’s again. It will be nice weather.

Hope you all have a nice day! ☀️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• jostoy
          jostoy commented
          Editing a comment
          Jo, so glad your son is ready to "step up to the plate".

((((Jo)))

Comment

Working...
        X