Monday, April 29

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday, April 29

This month is coming to an end tomorrow. Good morning Rounders! Yesterday was a quiet, peaceful day. I went to Aldi's for our weekly shopping trip and they have ribs again, so I bought 2 packs. These are the ones that are already cooked and you just heat them up. We had coleslaw, corn on the cob, and oven broiled potatoes. Everything was so good.

The Sx site on DH's heel is looking good and he is doing great.

I have started to gather my lettuce seed and I have to look at those plants daily cuz they get mature and pop open fast. I won't be able to plant the seed until the fall cuz it's too hot in summer and it will bolt too early. If you have a little green house effect you can grow it, but I'm not doing that. I can already see plants dying from the scorching sun where we had that huge tree cut down. It's brutal. There were more Cleome seeds to gather and sow around the yard as well. I've got enough of those saved.

I went right by the Walgreen's yesterday and will have to stop Thursday on our way to DH's doctors office and buy the Swiffer Wet Dry Mop. It's the one where you only use the wet or dry cloths. No batteries, no spray nozzle, none of that. It's just a simple mop and I love those. I can dustmop the floors in no time and throw the cloth away. I really need to dustmop these floors daily. I don't know where it all comes from.

My California Poppies did not do well this year. Neither has the Blueberries or Blackberries. I may just toss those this year if they continue to look bad. Those Blueberries should be doing much better and the one Blackberry is loaded with fruit, but the other one is barely alive. We have ground moles and they are working alive in our yard. They make a new trail every day and I know we have many rabbits burrowing also. It is a constant battle.

I am still so sad about E. Jo, I am glad your family is around to help you. Bless you. Peace & Plenty.

"Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning all.

Yesterday I did so many different things that even I don't remember everything. I did hang a few pictures , and cleaned up a bunch of tree limbs that someone left for me.

Today I'm going to have to call the Nuerologist's office as I just can't bare all this pain anymore.I've got a piched nerve in my spine that reaches out to my right hip and radiates to the top muscle and into the inside of my leg. I've had to sleep in my recliner 1 night, and then started sleeping on the heating pad. I just hope they will give me an injection because I don't think I can stand to lay on the MRI table with this pain.

Enough of my woes. At least things are starting to come together in my new house. Starting to look like home.

Everyone have a good day.

Karli, try Milky Spore for those moles. My friend had moles and that is what we used. They work more in moist ground.
    Last edited by jostoy; 04-29-2019, 07:23 AM.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, I'm out of luck cuz this is a sand pile we live on. Hope you feel better, and do go see that doc.
      Last edited by karlinann; 04-29-2019, 08:48 AM.

Good SUNNY Morning! (((((Jo))))) Thinking about you & hoping your kids have rallied around you.

It was a busy few days with baking. Yesterday I didn't do any, but got Cork's lunch food made for the week. Played cards last night with the family ladies for the first time in 3 weeks. We had some good laughs. Our kids are growing up. Talked about wedding plans, trips, and kids buying new cars. No more playdates, McD's, or passing down clothes. OK...I did talk a bit about Blaise & his clothes situation. Sorted through the clothes boxes yesterday, and found even more size 10 jeans and plenty of size 12's, so won't have to look for those anymore. Will start watching for size 14's while going to garage sales & the thrift store.

After church yesterday I went to pick up Blaise at Kathy's, but nobody answered the door. I had forgot my phn at home, so I just left a sticky note on the door. They ended up having to bring him home late afternoon. I got a big ole hug when he came in the door. I told him is "assignment" before leaving...finish cleaning his room. That boy is gross! I had changed his sheets, put away some of the stuff, and swept all the crud on his floor into a pile. He then had to pick thru that crud for the legos and other toys he wanted to keep. I told him this morning I was going to sweep up the pile & throw it away. He did it. I don't know how he can stand walking thru his room & crunch. I got the clothes boxes back into the closet, so at least now that isn't his excuse. I gave Kathy the clothes that were too small for Xander. She says she doesn't have room to store them. She wanted me too. Nope, ya don't want them, they are going to the thrift store. She'll be glad when Xander starts growing like a weed, and she's got instant clothes to switch him into. I know I do!

Today is a baking day. Going to make the nut horns with half of them getting raspberry filling instead of nut. Going to mix up the buckeye & oreo truffles too, and will shape & freeze them later. Once froze, I'll dip them in chocolate. Might not get that far today, but I'll get them started. So close to finishing the two wedding orders. I have to make 10 doz of the nut horns.

Karate this evening. Tomorrow is testing for the next belt. I didn't think he'd get his testing stripe, but he did on Friday night. I should have known better. It's money in their pocket if he does. Hope to come home and finish reading my book. I picked up two more by this author at the church library yesterday.

KA...glad to read that your hubby is doing better. I've never been crazy about fresh grown lettuce. It's a texture thing.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning...finally woke up this morning ear pain free.! Work working out and errands are my plan for today.

Comment

Quiet Monday morning here. Jo, you have been on my mind and in my heart. If there is anything I can do or talk over with you...I remember telling my friends to Not let any one at the mortuary talk me into something that I had already planned what we wanted. Prayers!

I bought another stroller on Saturday, one for the baby to use outside. His toddler brother had a royal fit when I put the baby in the stroller I use for him...The mom of the other toddler wants to start her baby earlier than she first thought: her nanny is not what she was hoping and I did not ask why. I have found it is better not to know who they are or any details...too small a town and I was already shocked to find out how much they paid the nanny compared to how much I charge, but it is what it is.

My pilot brother will be visiting for a few days. He flew into Sacramento last night and spent the night down there and will be driving up this morning. When he texted me I realized my mom wasn't even sure he was coming. Her misunderstanding him but that is one reason he is coming more often: she just seems to be changing a bit...she still seems ok to live on her own, but with Becky working fulltime she is not my mom's companion as she has been the last couple of years.

Donna, I will have to look up what nut horns are. and raspberry filled? I am sure I was thinking of something else when I first read your plans. You amaze me with all the different cookies!

Jostoy, so happy you are getting settled in. Who bought the other house? Not sure if I missed that or just can't remember.
        I hope the doctors take care of that pain!

Karlinann, you could write a blog or do a video (vlog) on how to garden! Happy to hear your dh is on the mend.

I will check back in and see what all you are doing.

Jo, I tried to email but I guess I have the wrong one.

Take care and take a minute to let us know what is going on in your day, Rounders!

Comment

• karlinann
          karlinann commented
          Editing a comment
          How sweet you are. I don't have a Horticultural degree so I don't think I could successfully write a blog, but I give free gardening advice to anyone who will listen.

Morning...going to rain. So what else is new? It is suppose to rain every day this week and we could get a total of over 4 inches...not good for the rivers. Yesterday we worked in the yard and planted. I am going home today to order some shrubs for the front. No the porch is not finished and it will be to wet for another week to paint for sure but if I need to order them they will be here. I know what I want but will talk with the manager and she said she would help last time I was in. I do love going home and doing business. Bought mulch and when we went to throw it last night we had a good bag and two dry bags. I was hot! I mean mad. Spent all afternoon in the yard and could not finish the job. Grrrr! I am so sore and still suffering with these allergies. What you get for moving to Sherwood Forrest and being allergic to tree pollen! People are complaining about what a bad year it is so I am not suffering alone. Still have no voice and sometimes feel like an elephant is sitting on me.

I, too, continue to think of Jo and her family. I am thankful she has people around her. When my husband passed my Texas brother stayed a week longer to help with paper work. It was so nice to have a knowledgeable person to help and I called him many times for explanations and with what do I dos. Your brain does not connect for a while.

Jostoy you have this horrible pain and yet do more than most. This is an energetic group of workers around here. Me...I have settled more into being the thinker around here. LOL!!!!!!! Cookie, Andrew is also a pig. It is the boy in them. He does not live here and his room is always a mess. I have also used the dig through the pile and take what you want because it will be pitched. This summer his dad and I are going to deep clean that room, even under that bed! That is sacred ground...never look under the bed. Last time we found a pair of pants. Hummm!

If I want to get on the road before the rain I had better start heading toward the door. Pasta of some kind tonight. Blues play this evening. They lost Saturday but Cardinals are winning. Jon sat with me Saturday afternoon and watched hockey since it was a rainy day. Karlinann happy to hear your hubby is finally on the mend. HaI has it been hot in Florida? Our nights were back into the 30s this weekend but we did not turn on the furnace. Just back into the sweats and flannel! I use one of those Swiffers! Much easier to drag out. I use both the dry and wet,too. The last one came from the dollar store and that is where I buy the refills. I should pick up one for the basket I am filling for Sierra. Good thinking!

Take care all you wonderful people and know how fond I am of each of you and how I love this friendship we have created through the air.

Comment

• karlinann
          karlinann commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes it's HOT here in Florida every day. It's only cool first thing in the early morning. Once Mr. SUN comes up that is it. I go inside.

Good afternoon,

Monday again,,, I NEEDED to go grocery shopping and other stuff, Walmart.. so son Mark came up, we got David loaded into front seat of car. and away we went.. He waited in the car while Mark and I shopped.. a Cart full of Stuff... make stop at the Bank, needed Money too... and one more stop,, the Pharmacy,,My pills were ready.... Home... I made D. lunch.. and then he crashed on the recliner and is still sleeping..
        I feel a whole lot better, talking to other folks,, even found joy in picking out bananas. LOL.. Daughter is supposed to drop in this afternoon sometime..

by the way,, I am so glad for this Rounders spot... I feel a connection with all you ladies.. and I feel its like a coffee break when I set down here and read today's "news".. did not realize how much I would miss "talking" to others,..David sleeps a lot and when He is awake , His hearing is now bad. and ,of course, his only conversation is how he is feeling at the moment.. so I let him watch Tv. , I crochet. read, etc etc.

Donna, about Blaise bedroom... as my boys got older I did Clean their rooms.....On purpose.... amazing what you find under the mattress, in the closet, in the drawers ( as you put away clean clothes of course..) not really "snooping".. BUT!... you need to know whats going on.. your house ,your responsibility .I always warned them that a"" bunch of stuff was in their wastebasket .so check it out. tomorrows burning day""...

well the visit was great.. coffee is cold .see you all later

JoG...big big hug..

Last edited by Aunt Maye; 04-29-2019, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Good afternoon/evening...wherever you are,
          Life goes on.
          I am still at the hotel and will be til Thursday. The kids I do not see in person here, I hear from. I will be glad to get home, but middle daughter is here for me 2 weeks, and the new love of her life has given up a week in Mexico with her, but would like to take her for the day tomorrow. It’s pretty close. I can’t say no. I just met him, and he is a nice guy. Then we will deal with a thing or two for me when they return, and maybe I’ll get home a day early.
          my brother arrives Friday, and decided to stay 10 days. Wow! After that my youngest daughter will be here, and her in-laws can help haul stuff, too.
          the girls and niece are trying to put together a Memorial for family....the new count is 62 people, adults and newborns. And who knows who will bring other friends.

the last couple of days I’ve gotten tons of email from E’s friends .... and actually it seems like everyone loves him. His wit and jokes and his being such a generous and giving person has made his mark.
          I also have many emails of advice to settle things.

today I had my checkup with my NP, and she really was shocked and commented on his humor and helpfulness.
          Good news for me..... my lab charts are almost all on track again. Plus I’ve lost 5 or 6 lbs since Saturday.
          there will be no actual funeral for E. He wanted his entire body donated to science. I did exactly that he wanted, but yes, it hurt. What can I say. It’s natural. I told my NP about all the paperwork that comes at a time like this... and I asked, if I ignore the paperwork, will he come back? She laughed and said sorry, it should be so easy.

The hotel gave me white white roses and salted dark chocolate almond
          Geradelli (sp?) candies that I can’t eat because of the nuts. So I shared them with my doctor and nurses who have been so kind today.

Paula, you may have called my phone at home......I tried email and it didn’t work. So much happening here right now it’s not funny. While DD is gone, I need to make a bunch of calls for info, cancel his Pay Pal as its paying for stuff he set up
          long ago, find out who all is on that list. There’s a 180 day grace period I think, and thank goodness for that.

oh well. I guess I’ll be in a tizzy for a while. I will take all the help my kids will give. I will even call my doggone son tomorrow. See what comes of that!

Thank you for the good good wishes and moral support, it helps. I don’t know what I’d do without friends like you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
          X