Saturday, April 27

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday, April 27

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about E. We have to keep the faith that he will pull out of it. We never know what can happen, but I sure hope and pray that he can come off that Vent soon. Hang in there E.

I removed the dressing from DH's heel yesterday morning and that place was healed over nicely and looked good. I washed & dried the Sx site and foot, put on the iodine and while I had his foot uncovered the doc wanted me to rub/massage his foot with moisturizer so I did that, then I redressed the heel. I decided that I'll cleanse that area every day because I think it's beneficial to let the air get to it and changing the dsg daily will keep it sterile.

We decided not to go to the Mexican restaurant so we went to Mimi's Café instead. We had not been there for years. It was ok, but DH did too much yesterday and I think we'll be careful about going out for awhile.

JoStoy so glad to see you post. Moving is for the birds and I hope I don't ever have to do it again. Nuf said!

I made the other Jello No-Bake Cheesecake for our dessert and it turned out great. We had loaded baked potatoes for dinner, but the loading was lite. I don't know what to fix for dinner, but it will involve coleslaw cuz I've got to use that cabbage before it goes bad. Maybe Salmon, corn on the cob, and coleslaw. Some fries would be good too.

I looked and searched online yesterday for one of the Swiffer dust mops that uses both the dry and wet cloths and didn't have any luck and guess what showed up on my computer this morning? An ad for the dry cloth refills and I clicked on it and found the starter kit is sold at Walgreen's of all places. I had not checked Walgreen's. Who knew? I'll be stopping there to buy one when I am on my way to Aldi's. Yay! It will be perfect for dusting these floors and they are really good to pick up everything. I already have the microfiber dust mop with the dust mop side and the damp mop side, but it does not pick up like those dry cloths do.

That is about it for me. DH & I thought we might want to move one more time to live near the beach until we started looking at the HOA fees. Whoa, talk about expensive! I could mortgage a fine home for the HOA fees alone. No thanks! If we ever do move again it will be a smaller house and no outside upkeep. I don't know how many more years I'll be able to do the yardwork and outside maintenance so we probably will have to downsize, but I can't even think about it right now. Also, if we do go that route we are not going to list our house, but just have the realtor to handle it.

Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

They called me at 2 am to say my goodbyes.
    he is no longer breathing on his own, and is full of painkillers and drugs. He won’t last much longer. He has so many tubes and wires hooked up to him, he wouldn’t want this, especially when there is no hope. And there is no longer any hope.
    I will see his doctors in about an hour.

Im not sure our niece agrees, but E and I have discussed this at length.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      Jo, what a shock to read this morning! He was doing so so well but I know how quickly things can change. Thank goodness you have a family member near. God Bless you all...
      Last edited by maxie; 04-27-2019, 09:05 AM.

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Bless him and bless you. I don't believe in life support either. Me and DH have discussed it at length also. JO, I am so sorry.

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, I just read last night's post and now in tears reading this. I am so sorry. Prayers for your comfort and strength, Jo.

Praying for you Jo!!

Today I don’t know what I will do.

Comment

My thoughts are with Jo and E right now. Much love and prayers for you both.

Comment

Jo, Prayers and shared tears with you... David and I have had that talk too... but its still hard..Hugs dear Friend.

Comment

Ellis passed away this morning at 8:21.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Jo and family, you have my deepest sympathies. I am so incredibly sorry for your loss.

Comment

Jo, Peace be with you in your time of sorrow. Even though I didn't know E I knew him through your writing and you loved that man. We knew him through your eyes and knew how much he loved you and his family. He was your strength, and you were his. You leaned on each other and lived each day knowing you were loved and meant something to someone else in this world. That in itself is sometimes enough to sustain us in our everyday worries and woes. You will miss him and need to draw your family around you and let his spirit live on in your thoughts and memories. He would want you to keep on and keep the faith in your heart that what you shared was special and lasting. We love you JoJo. God bless.
              "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

Dear Jo, I am joining with all of your friends here to send my love and condolences
                I have enjoyed getting to know Ellis through your many posts.
                You both are such a great couple and an example of what marriage should look like.
                my love and prayers for your comfort and strength, Paula

Comment

Oh Jo ((((((Jo)))))) I am so sorry for your loss & heartache. You two were a great couple. You know we are here for you.

Comment

Working...
                  X