Friday, April 26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday, April 26

Good morning to you all, members and non-members. I was exhausted by 5 pm, but managed to stay up until 7 pm. I didn't do that much yesterday, but I did get up too early.

We decided not to change the dsg on DH's foot cuz she said it only needed it every other day. Today will be the day and that will not be a problem. I'm so glad they wrapped it with a new Ace Bandage cuz our old one is getting pretty tired looking. The Velcro end of it is stretched to Kingdom Come. LOL!

The Spaghetti & Meatball dinner I made was the best I've ever made. It didn't take any time at all to make those meatballs and I added some Fennel Seeds to kick it up a notch. We both agreed that it was the best ever!

I gathered more Cleome seeds and there are still so many more to gather. My one bottle is full and I'll start another one today. After I gather them they have to dry for a day before I put them in the bottle. I hear rain on the rooftop right now. Good cuz we need it. I hardly spent any time at all outside yesterday, but I did see my neighbor and friend that lives behind us. One of her dogs spent the night in the vet ER. She thinks it was snakebite. Cissy is always catching and eating the Geckos and maybe she wrestled with a baby snake. She was still somewhat swollen when I saw her, but the Vet said they couldn't find any fang marks, but that baby snakes only leave pin pricks and it was probably inside her mouth. They looked, but couldn't see anything. My neighbor said she was going to cut down all the bushes that are around the foundation so the snakes won't have a place to get into, but I told her that will not stop the snakes. They are everywhere and they go everywhere. They live in the ground and they are lightning fast and they are not going away. I hate them and every time I open a door to go outside I have to look before I step out. Ugh!

I started a new book yesterday, but it is not very good. I'm only reading it to have something to do. We decided to go out to lunch today instead of Saturday. We'll try a new Mexican restaurant that is touted to be really good. The best restaurant deals are weekdays instead of weekends.

That's my contribution for the day. Peace & Plenty.

"Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning! It's another wet & dreary one here today. Definitely getting our share of the April showers. Places up north are suppose to get some snow.

Yesterday was productive. I like productive! I had my mind on going to 3 grocery stores once I went to the bank. Well I went to the bank & then Sharp Shopper. Got everything I needed there, so I nixed going to the other two. Saved me time. Headed home, unloaded, called my Mom to see if she'd like some Subway, then headed to Saxonburg. Had to get Rx for me & Blaise. While waiting for Blaise's to be filled, I went across the street for Subway. Got my Rx's and then went to my Mom's. I had 5 puzzles to give her from garage sales. We had a nice chat before I had to go home.

Baked off the last of the cookie doughs and then made the 3 pudding fillings for today's pies. Spent the evening putting the finishing touches on all 3 kinds of cookies. Feels good to get those done. Only 3 more kinds of cookies to do for the wedding orders. Fell asleep in the recliner until 2am.

This morning my feet hit the floor running. Love having energy. Got all 3 pudding pies assembled, cut, and ready for delivery. Now I'm working on the 5 apple pies. 3 are in the oven. I used my frozen apples for them, but now have to peel fresh apples for the other two. I'm hoping I have enough apples, but I kind of doubt it. I have to make 2 more large apple pies tomorrow morning. Last night I chopped up 5 heads of cabbage, and now today I have to cook it up and make a huge roaster of fried cabbage & noodles for my cousin Karen's event tomorrow. I'm hoping Kathy takes Blaise after karate tonight for the weekend. I know she's exhausted, but that's life with kids. She admitted she thinks she's getting pay back for all that she did to us. YUP! Pay back is a bitch.

Best get busy pealing apples. Have a good one all!

KA...didn't realize there was a possible reason for the wound not healing.

Comment

Good morning! It is finally a sunny morning! Been such a dreary week. House is cold but I am not going to switch back to heat..will just dress warm and wait for the sun to heat things up but it is not going to get out of the 60s today. The sun is beautiful for a change after rain again yesterday.

Lunch was ok yesterday. I left early to grocery shop but it was rainy so I just came on home. No one cooked so Andrew had a sandwich. The boys then went shopping with me and hauled in groceries. I had to move my car from in front of the house and when I came in they had bags all hauled upstairs and half of it put away. I just went and sat down and let them go. Andrew had made sure he was stocked up with goodies. Bad thing is we have the same taste in junk food and I cannot tell him no. That would be like depriving myself ya know.

Today I am still not going to plan a meal since Andrew was not sure if he was coming here or going to grandpas after school. Going up and down those steps with laundry is going to be hard enough today. These allergies are still bothering me and I am winded and wheezy, hoarse and congested. This has just been a bad allergy year and I am getting older and already prewinded before I go up the steps. I am staying in today and out of this air.

Karlinann I am thinking my snowball bush did not survive the winter. I loved that bush. It is the only thing out there without any sign of life. I will replace it! The azalea is blooming but only half of it made blooms. Last year it was just full and this year it is full of leaves and healthy as can be but only half of it made blooms. How strange! The dwarf lilac is finally going to bloom..it is full of buds but just would not open. Grass needs cut badly after this weeks rain. Will be to wet to do any porch work this weekend. Blues play tomorrow afternoon so I should just not plan anything but sitting with a bowl of popcorn. We won last night! Game was not over until around 11:30 and I was struggling keeping my eyes open. Game did not start until late because the one ahead of us went into OT. This is central time zone and both teams are central time zone and for them to start at 9:00 for tv is just not right. Certainly throws me off my nighttime schedule.

Jo happy to hear E is improving. And very happy your family is making sure someone is with you. Take care of yourself. Karlinann this sounds like maybe you have some questions that should be answered over hubby's surgery. Wrong size staples, wrong size boot, infections...who needs those type of complications? You are doing a great job as a nurse and it sounds like your husband is not complaining. Enjoy your lunch out. Your deserve a break today!!

To all who follow, good morning. I am going to have another cup of coffee then start laundry. Going to strip my robe right off my back and throw i t in the machine. Red robe and bed head are my standard morning look. I am a beauty people!!!

Comment

Good morning. I may have another trip to urgent care in the morning. Waiting to see how my ear feels. Today it hurts bad!!

work..then what I do depends on how I feel.

Comment

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          You can rest this weekend. Hope you feel better soon!

Good morning all.

Well I'm now a northerner as I got moved the 14th. Still unpacking, but have the most important things put away. Still have the pictures to arrange. So far I have a few up, but just using existing nails in the walls. Some are way too high for my liking.

Waiting for my S-I-L to call. Yesterday I got all ready and went to the car and not even a grunt for it. So the nephew came by after work and got the battery out so I can take it to the ford garage to get another. I bought it 4/27/17 and it has a 3 year warranty. Liked 2 days getting 2 years out of it.

She drove me to the BMV to get my trailer plates. Indiana is mighty proud of their plates. Cost me $ 66.18, and was told my car plates will be $160.00. Illinois trailer plates were $18.00, so that was a bit of a shocker to me. Car plates were $89. in Illinois.

As I sat there yesterday, I wondered where my head was to move closer to family. Sure costing me big time to be near them.

Anyway, I have managed to get a pinched nerve in my rt. leg. Barely got any sleep the night before, but did get rest last night until 6 this morning. Have ran the vacuum on the floors this morning. That will probably be all I'll get done today. Don't want to aggrevate that pinched nerve any more than it is. I have to wait until 5/7 before I see the Nuerosurgeon up here.

Everyone have a good day.
        Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          An art dealer told me that pictures should be put at eye level. We should not have to crane our necks to look at them! Since learning that I have always followed that advice and enjoyed my pictures much more.
          Our car plates and then yearly registration are just too high to mention without some kind of Rx to calm me down.
          But having family to rely on is just such a blessing. You will be one to them as they are to you.
          so happy you are up there and getting moved in!

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          Eye level is in the height of the hanger! I am 5'4"...my husband was 6'. his eye level and where his head hit on the wall behind the couch were two very debatable heights in our house. Sierra is 5'...if she hangs things at her eye level we would have to sit on the floor to admire them! LOL!

It is so good to hear from you! Hope you are settling in. Family is so nice to be around. Take care of yourself and check in more often. Tell Boffler hello....

karlinann, around here (well, not in my town neighborhood, but in the just outside of town), everyone has to look out before they step out!
        Front doors, back doors and carports are all places my friends have seen rattlesnakes!
        Also there is a vaccine for snake venom that dogs can get and it isn't expensive...especially considering the treatment and possible loss of the dog. Baby snakes haven't any control over the amount of venom they let loose and can be deadly.
        So far, there haven't been any snake posts on Facebook. It would be great if it isn't as bad a year as the last few years have been.

My bridal wreath is all bloomed out and the lilac is half way done.
        I noticed the birdbath was empty again yesterday evening. I thought I had forgotten to fill it the day before and made sure to fill it. Do birds splash around that much?! It will help me to keep it clean by seeing it dry, I guess. The ground around one side was all wet so I guess someone was using it.

This has been a hard week with the little ones. Baby has been teething and hurting and the toddlers aer just trying to push their limits. What they do! I decided to put the onewho just turned 2 permanently at the kids table and not next to the boy toddler in a high chair. Maybe she won't copy every thing he thinks up to do...I can hope.

Jo, I am so glad you have family with you. Why don't you just call your son? Just talk and tell him you want to give him an update and also just want to talk with him. Whether or not someone lets him use the computer is probably not the issue. We all have phones and he might not think you need to talk or too busy to talk, etc. If he knows you wan tto talk to him it might change and if not, at least you talked.

I wish I had Donna's love of shopping! I amgoing to do some tonight, not the food, but the clothes side of Walmart and our new Ross. Becky needs more tops for work and I am hoping they have some capris in...

Maxie, would that NFL Draft have anything to do with the timing of your games? I was goingto watch the news when it came on. I watched on my ABC news app instead.

I have to let dogs in and change the water...I hope our days are going well and husbands ae steadily and Surely improving!

Comment

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          If I had to look under my feet every time I left the house I would stay in!!! Snakes are the creepiest things and I even hate looking at pictures. Sierra and I were just top hunting...so many cute things. Better ice down your credit card before leaving home...it is going to get hot!

Hello everyone..
        I just to pop in and say "HI"...

Comment

Things took a bad turn a bout 4 a.m. E is hooked up to a ventilator now. Getting more tests. The doc is a bit stymied. E got sick to his stomach at 4 a.m. I did not see him awake all day.
          E didn’t respond to us today. I feel as helpless as he looks. He was sedated all day. Went through more tests. Maybe an infection or pneumonia setting in. But his heart is good.
          Its hard to see him like he is.

Paula, if son doesn’t have email, no sense putting him on the daily list. If a text doesn’t go through, then I don’t have his phone number either and can’t call him. He is not making it easy for me. It’s his call. He knows it.

I will read more later.. Nice to see your name here, Jostoy.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• cookielady
            cookielady commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh Jo....I'm so sorry. ((((Jo & Ellis)))) Keep us update....we care...we'll listen & pray for you all.

Thank you.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
          X