Thursday, April 25th

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday, April 25th

Good morning Rounders! It got up to 89 yesterday. I hope all of you read my late post yesterday re: DH's doc appt. Yeah, I'm pretty frustrated, but I just have to pray that it heals.

Aunt Maye I was so glad to read your post and know that D is improving. That is awesome! Your computer problems are what we were having before we finally broke down and got a new computer. Sometimes it might be the type of telephones you have. We had Uniden phones when we were on CenturyLink and the computer crashed often. Finally, the repair guy told us about the Uniden phones not working with their system and we had to buy new phones. Even though I don't consider myself a Techie person I have learned to unplug the cord and stick a pen into the hole and hold it for 30 seconds and plug it back in. It resets the computer. I'm glad Kiel showed you how to do it. I love his name. So good to hear from you AM and know that you and D are in our thoughts daily.

I promised my DH Spaghetti & Meatballs today and that's what we're having. We decided not to stop yesterday after his appt. cuz our moods were changed after that bad report. I made DH a salad for dinner and I just had beans. I think I'll take him out to eat Saturday. He needs an uplift in spirit and some good karma.

The hot evening sun is making the Vinca seeds that are in the ground from last year pop up and soon we will have a sea of Vinca out there. I love Vinca cuz they are easy. Drought tolerant, no fuss, self-sowing seeds, and beautiful flowers all summer and fall. Actually, some even bloom in winter. I have 3 different colors.

I have laundry to do today, plus wound care, plus cooking a good meal. Hope all of you are in good shape. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Morning all! I had a post typed and lost it. I slept from 8 last night til 7 this morning. I have an ear infection so the sleep was needed.

Work then rest

Comment

Good Morning! It's going to be wet & dreary for the next few days. The lawn is going to turn into a hay field soon. Btw the tractor not working all the time & rain, it hasn't got completely mowed yet.

Yesterday was good. I mixed up and rolled out all the pie dough. The shells are now ready to be filled & baked. While the dough was chilling, I mixed up 3 different kinds of cookies. Got 2 of them baked off. All three kinds will need add'l detail work. They are all for wedding orders.

I did take Blaise to the doctor after school yesterday. That was the quickest visit ever. He was prescribed an antibiotic since we weren't sure how long the tick was sucking blood. Once I got most things done yesterday, I started a new book.

This morning I'm going to run into town to pick up a few (ha, right) items at the grocery stores, and then come home & get started on the cream pies for tomorrow. I was wondering if I could make the fillings and then put them in tomorrow morning. I didn't want them in the shells any longer than necessary since they'll start softening them. Since they want Cool Whip on them instead of meringue, I can do this. I have to delivery them around 10am tomorrow, but if I made them tomorrow morning, the pudding wouldn't be cooled and set in time. I need to bake off one more cookie dough and then put the finishing touches on all of them. I need to mix up a batch of choc chip cookies for Saturday's order. Debating whether to bake them off today or wait until Saturday morning. Nothing like really fresh CC cookies with the chips still being soft.

Since there is no class or meetings tonight, think I cook a real meal. Not one of my husband's favorites, but the sides will be good. Going to make fish. Need to have it once in a while.

KA...don't get too discouraged. I think if you are down to just one little spot, he's doing good. It's much better than getting a staph infection. Look for that silver lining! Bethina...did you go and get meds for that ear?

Have a good one all!

Comment

• bethina
        bethina commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep..I finally went to urgent care after work...I have an outer ear infection....I have to put 4 drops in my ear 2 times a day. I also went and got adjusted by the Chiropractor....That helped me feel better too. My neck was out so was my back...I have to go back to the Chiropractor next Wednesday.

• karlinann
        karlinann commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, we don't know what kind of infection it is until the wound culture results get back. I sure hope it's not Staph. I blame the doctor because she admitted that the stapler she used was smaller than she usually uses. Why wouldn't you have the tools you need before you start a surgery? That is not effective planning to me and that is why I'm so frustrated. We'll see what is what on Monday. Anyway, I have put it in DH's hands and he is going to have to start questioning things and just not settle for mediocre. Wouldn't you be upset if this happened to your spouse? Think about it.

Good Morning! Kinda gloomy out there but rain has supposedly stopped. Didn't warm much yesterday and not going to warm up much today. But it was a happy day yesterday because I got a haircut and tonight hockey playoffs resume. But first I need to get through lunch with the school chums. They picked a place just a mile or so from me so I have to go with no excuses. I refuse to travel to places I do not know and then have to drive around looking for the place they picked. I just do not need that social interaction.

Hoping to get out of lunch early enough to grocery shop. Sierra and I did bring home KFC for supper last night and it was delish...pretty darn expensive when you look at the small bowls of sides they put in the bags but a different meal for a change. They pigged out! So now I am thinking I had not gone back because of the cost and not the food. But a good splurge once in a while is good for the tummy! Since I have lunch out and then need to grocery shop I am thinking a good box of hamburger helper is on the menu for tonight. Do not judge what I feed this crew just remember they really have no idea what living with a normal meal provider is like. If you don't know what you are missing....ya know?

Nothing much going on...allergens have cleared up. I was so congested yesterday then it lifted after the last rain shower so guess the air was finally cleansed. Some years are just miserable. Suppose to be to wet to paint this weekend. Having every other weekend off is a pain for getting painting done. Especially if it rains on your weekend off! So we can plant and I see Lowes has mulch on sale this weekend. I can get the last of the back yard ornaments out. I am rethinking the front landscaping again...I must make a plan and stick with it. The girl at the nursery at home told me to take pictures...guess I will need to so she can see. The front yard slopes down toward the drive so the one side of the is slightly terraced and I hate terraces...want to try to hide it...Should just have a professional do it but I think that is such a waste when all I need is the idea. Labor around here works for food and those professionals want money. Can you imagine?

I am excited about hockey being back and the Cardinals are playing well...today is an off day for them. Have laundry but not today. Karlinann wish you had gotten better news but it is healing just slower than you had hoped. Beth glad you saw a doctor. Oh cookie, I could eat a pie right now..or a cake or some cookies...Jon does not need it but I do!!! Take care all you good people and enjoy the day. Blues play tonight....

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        Order pie with your lunch! Make it worth the effort to go out!

Oh, keeping DH in my thoughts and prayers, karlinann.

Today I will have a different school girl and her brother. He is my 3 year old that is usually here, but mom has school breaks off so he stays home. She used to be here until full time in school and I am happy to have them both today: mom has some errands and girl time.

My yard guy came back yesterday afternoon and fixed my sunscreen! It keeps falling off when we have bad winds and he brought his drill and some other type bracket thing and it is back up. It really cuts down on the heat coming in the window. I have double paned, but it is a large SW facing window...so we really need it.

I am washing dog blankets this morning and almost ready to go hang them outside. I watered all last evening and it just looks so good. Hope I cankeep it up!

have a great day!
      Maxie, are the Sharks in your league? boy, were the comments going back and forth yesterday around here!

Take care and carry on!

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        If the Sharks beat Colorado and we beat Dallas they could be the next matchup...round 3. All these are Western teams and the winner of round 3 goes to the Stanley Cup game to play the Eastern team winner. Does that make sense? Championship game is not until June so we have lots of hockey to go.

good evening

here it is ,, my bedtime already....David not quite as perky today.. but it was a dreary day outside too...I didn't notice, except knees hurt more)... I started another crib size, afg... I really don't like the beginning roads.. but I got about 4 inches done, and now it will move smoothly..
      ....hunted for over an hour.. seriously, an hour,, for a letter from our local hospital... I recieved it last week of March.. it stated if you pay your account in full you could take a 25% discount.. yea!!!!!!... I did that with some of the bills that D. had in March.. I did call and ask if that would be good for more.. and the answer was " yes, from April 1 to May 31.. sooooooooooo... I got a bill yesterday , and will get it in the mail tomorrow
      but I could not find the letter , with the address ...I finally found it laying on my Bible on the little stand in my lady cave..
      a message from above.. of course I had spent an hour or so going through all the file folders in the cabinet that had come in since January.. ...

will try to get here early tomorrow. hello to you all.. Im ready for bed.. been a long long day.

Comment

Good evening, everyone.

Karlinann, I hope your hubby gets over that infection soon.
        Beth, same with your ear infection.
        cookie, you sure sound for early in the day. I need a dose of that.
        maxie, I hope you picked a wonderful splurge to make your tummy smile.
        maye, what a good deal on your bills!

this morning we visited E at the hospital. He was awake, about to eat a real breakfast. He joked with the doctors and nurses. His color was good and he didn’t slur his words as much. We actually talked a bit and he held my hand a lot. The male nurse had him walking almost half way down the hall, but he sat on the walker chair and was wheeled back to his room; he is still very weak. Then fell asleep til spoken to. I expect he will spend tomorrow in ICU again.
        Our niece will be with me tomorrow because DD can’t be.
        oh, today he has a pacemaker...it’s temporary. Doc said it was their “safety net”.
        Anyway, I have much relief knowing E has improved that much.

i am sending updates to E’s twin sister. I think she is feeling her mortality and not going to cause problems. She has a more permanent pacemaker. Twins! But I won’t let it be said I get between E and his last family member.

I have yet yet to hear from our son. He sent a message to DD who is helping me. She said to him to not ask her questions, he needs to talk to me. I have yet to hear from him. His wife, actually.....I wonder if she “allows” him on the computer.

I still am facing my own appointment on Monday. Knowing what im up against, no doubt I have more inner stress than I recognize. My sleep comes in spurts at night.

hope you all have a good evening.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
        X