Wednesday, April 24th

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday, April 24th

Good morning Rounders! It is 52 going to 84, but yesterday it went to 87 so I figure it will do the same today.

JoGee glad to read the report on E this morning.

My back is killing me today. I think it has something to do with putting that boot back on DH twice a day. My back is not worth a dime and anytime I have to bend over it compromises it even more. That, plus the arthritis has kicked in. I will be ok when the Advil takes effect.

Today is trash day and I've got to get it to the curb. Today is also a doctor appt. for DH. Next year when DH turns 65 and goes on Medicare he will not have the same insurance and will not be able to go to this foot doctor. I am disillusioned with this whole surgery process and feel as if they should have explained things to us in more detail. It is really like having a baby when you first come home; all the fetching ice, fetching pain pills, losing sleep, sponge baths, preparing food, taking the boot on and off. The boot wasn't right and that caused problems. The staple came loose and that caused an infection and setback. It's been a roller coaster ride from Hades. I'm not going to go in with DH this time cuz the room is crowded and I can't sit comfortably and I don't even want to hear what the MA and doctor have to say. I'm over them. I'm hoping after all the rest of the staples come out today he won't have to have that dressing on his foot anymore and he can take a shower like a normal person. Yesterday evening for the first time water got inside the boot and I had to dry it with a hairdryer. It's a pain.

Okay, I feel better.

I talked to my friend and neighbor behind me yesterday morning and she traded off the truck and got an SUV. Good for her. She said it was much easier to get in and out of. She also had a gate installed on her front porch and now her 2 dogs can be out there with her and not escape. She has 2 French Bulldogs.

I scrubbed out the birdbath yesterday and gathered more seeds from the Cleome. I almost have a full pill bottle. That will be 1,000 seeds when it gets full.

We are treating ourselves to the Olive Garden again today after the appt. Hurrah! That is about it for me. Thanks for letting me vent in cyberspace. Peace & Plenty.

"Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning! Yesterday started out gorgeous, but by late morning the clouds rolled in and it rains for hours.

Yesterday wasn't as productive as I had planned, but that was OK. I've lost one of Cork's paychecks. I've searched & searched. I called his employer to ask for a replacement, but she never did call back. Cork refuses to have direct deposit, but IF the lady ever calls back, I'm going to ask about it. This is stupid. I know that check was on my desk last week.

Met with the dietician and we talked over an hour. She told me about different insulin pumps. Talk about making your head spin. After I was done with her I stopped for a quick bite to eat and then made stops at Aldi's & Giant Eagle. I had planned to start working on the pie crusts...making & rolling...but my new customer decided to wait until Friday for their 4 pies instead of today. That was fine, but then I decided to wait until today to make & roll all the crusts. I spent the evening trying to finish my book, but by 1230am, I gave up. I'll read the last 2 chapters this morning.

Today I plan to do the pie crusts and maybe mix up 3 more kinds of cookies for the wedding orders. Taking Blaise to the doctor as soon as he gets off the bus. I called yesterday and since I think it was on his head at least 24 hrs before removal, they want to see him.

Jo...glad to hear E is moving right along. Surprised about his sister. KA...take it easy. If they told you about all the ways things could go sideways, you would have been super overwhelmed. You can't plan for everything.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      What was on his head?

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      Did I miss something? What is wrong with Blaise's head?

• cookielady
      cookielady commented
      Editing a comment
      A tick. He found it on his head Saturday night after his bath. He was kind of freaked, but I calmly got it off with one of the removers that you spin around the body & the whole thing comes out. It had a pretty swollen butt, so I'm assuming it was on his head for a bit. Cork was just about as stressed as Blaise. Like, really? I'm grossed out inside my head, but I don't show it. If you are calm, the kid is calmer.

Good morning..work yesterday was ok...As soon as I get off work today I am headed to urgent care...I called for an appointment for today...but my dr couldn't get me and the nurse practioner is only there until noon. Urgent care is my only choice...My ears are hurting really bad! I think I may have an ear infection I would love to stay in bed today but I only have a few days of work 12 to be exact and chef is super sick. He is on his 4 antibotics and steroids. His xray still looks cloudy and his dr wanted him to take a few days and stay home. He is only taking one day off and thats today...So I don't feel like I can miss because anytime any one calls in he feels the need to come...and I want him to get some rest.

Wednesdays aren't usually horrible..so I hope that hold true for today.

Comment

A rainy morning...thank goodness! Bet you never thought you would hear me say thanks for rain but thanks for this rain and cleaning things off. Everything yesterday was green..I mean everything had a coat of green tree pollen! It made it so hard to breathe. I am all congested as is everyone else in this area but then last night the rain came! All that wind the other day and then the trees pollinating at the same time has made for misery. BUT, today is haircut day and a very happy day for me. Nothing keeps me from that. Will stop at the bank and get gas while out. No time to cook so maybe I'll stop for chicken. We have not visited the Colonel in a year or so...wonder if there is a reason for that? Normally when I do not visit a fast food place there is a reason and I can't remember if this is a boycott or an oversight. Hummmm.....maybe it will come to me. Usually things do come back to me...this is not a senior moment but an allergy overdose. Yep that works!

Yesterday I had everything laid out and ready to fry pork chops and then decided I did not want to do that so when Jon came in he cooked and I picked up the boy. He was gabby so we sat in the car after getting home and talked a bit. He does not usually do that so it was nice. He is growing up so fast then he does something so little boy stupid. I love it!

Good to hear E is doing so well and Jo has company to be with. Karlinann with medicare can;t you see any doctor you want? I don't even need a referral. Hope you get good news today! Yikes, cookie, hope you find that check...

Gotta run and get my act together. Looks like a hurricane went through the kitchen. Everyone had an eating frenzy last night!

Comment

• karlinann
        karlinann commented
        Editing a comment
        No, it depends on what type of medical coverage you have and he is going to Freedom Health and that doctor is not in network. He currently has Florida Blue and she is in network. Freedom Health is a whole different ballgame and it's managed care so they call the shots. But the good thing is all his Diabetes products will be free. Doctor visits are free, and a bunch of meds are free.

Maxie, Quick, before you remember, go to the colonel and eat some chicken for me. We no loner have one in Red Bluff or the next town up or downfrom us. I was going to go the next time I went to Redding with all the tax appointments but either it was on the wrong side of town or I was just wanting to go home, I ididn't go.

At first it looked like I had not logged in and was having trouble, but when I went to the top after reading, I am, so I amkeeping my fingrs crossed and hoping this all jposts.

Karlinann, I got that mess into the old blanket and spread out, thought it would dry, but it did not. It was still heavy, so I folded the blanket around it (burrito style) and was going to put it into the garbage and it was so heavy I had to lay the garbage can/bin on its side and roll it into it. Then standing the can back up! ugh. I need to build up my strength and to never let anything like that happen again.
      But it is over now and that is something to be grateful for.

We are having record heat for this time of year. It is supposed to be 94 today and it never fails to go higher than what they say. We turned on the sir yesterday when Becky got home. I was ok, but she was still in her work outfit. I changed out of my daycare jeans as soon as I could and will be wearing capris for the duration of the hot weather.
      In fact, when she gets home I am going shopping for some new ones. I don't even have time to order them right now. Last year's summer clothes were just worn out from being t he previous year's summer clothes!

Donna, I hope you find that check! I did tha tonce and finally found it stuck in a book! I had mindlessly opened the book and thennever looked at it again...I had stuck a money order in it (why???!!!)
      Anyway, I will be praying you find it and maybe this is the nudge Cork needs to see the good side of direct deposit. Gary's retirement check to me is set up that way and before it would have been mailed...that is just too much worry for me. New workers are trained on our route and I am always getting mail from my neighbors who then bring it to me; once or twice it was a daycar check and those are big and from the State (who does not easily cut another check!)

Jo, so grateful E's surgery went well.
      Karlinann, you won't believe what happened yesterday: whle I was getting the baby out of the crib to be outside with us, the two toddlers pulled 7 calla lilies and just shredded them! Oh, did I ever have to bite my tongue! I was really upset at the two school age kids who were out there and didn't say a word! I told the older one that is part of why I want to hire her this summer and she can say No to the kids acting up or even just stand there so they don't continue doing something. It was a lesson for all of us, I guess.

Beth, counting down the days with you!
      Take care all and enjoy the day!

Comment

Good morning.....it is late morning here. I tried to post earlier, but didn’t take.

Visiting E. He still falls asleep mid sentence. Got mad when I couldn’t understand him. He still mixes up a word here and there. Mostly we can figure it out, but this time he asked for tomato soup, I thought he said orange juice. I had the nurse order.
        The Med team did an ultra sound on him a bit ago. Still sounds like he is doing good. He responds best to the male nurse’s voice, than ours.

I sure hope he starts staying awake more soon. But he isn’t sleeping at night.
        Im getting tired. DD is my best company for now, as well as my best help. She gets me a wheelchair for these excursions, as I’m winded to quickly.

it turns out that this new wing of the hospital just opened on Monday. DD found a shortcut route to E’s area. But the staff is still figuring it all out. Ask directions, and you get really complicated replies. They usually aren’t quite right. LOL

gotta go....
        have a good day.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

They removed all the staples except for one, which is right above the place that was infected. It had drainage and it is not healed. The rest of the foot looks great, but that area is the size of a dime. She did another culture, but we won't get the results until Monday. I'm so aggravated. DH just has a light dsg over the wound/heel and I'm to wash it gently every day, put iodine on the spot, and redress it. It's only gauze, a sterile pad, and then wrapped with an ace bandage. He still has to wear the boot, but the ice pack is down to one per day. I have to watch for redness around that wound and pus and if I see any to call her immediately. I was so hoping that wound would be all healed up.
          "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

good afternoon,,

and so happy to be here... my internet part of computer is working part time and I never know if I will be able to get here.

I will be switching to another power company on Tuesday... the phone, (and internet) co I am with just would not let me speak to a real person when I started having problems... I mean I tried for over an hour . calling every number I could find.. kept getting that little voice, press 1,press 2 etc etc.. finally i screamed , and called the other company.. Grandson Kiel showed me how to pull a plug and then replug and that "resets" and sometimes I then have internet . as I have today..
            so If I disappear over the weekend . know I'm here but unable to be Here.

the good news, David seems to be improving, at last.... he has remained awake most of the day watching Tv. he is more alert,, getting used to using the walker.. and he seems to be gaining strength.. our Prayers are working!...

so Hi to you all... If I can get here ,I always read your news..

Comment

Working...
            X