Monday, April 22

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday, April 22

Good morning Rounders! OMG, what a good day I had yesterday. First thing I did was gather my Tshirt scrap bag and took out all the tails that came from the tee shirts that I cut up to make those crocheted baskets. I had a bunch of them and started braiding them and sewing them into a circle like I was making a rug. I worked on that until daylight and I wanted to do the walk around the yard, pull weeds, see if any more plants were coming up, and gather Cleome seeds and sow them about. Yes, I found another Celosia seed sprouted, and I was able to gather many Cleome seeds to sow. The pepper plants are growing and we should have plenty of peppers this year.

When I came back in DH was up and having his bkfst. I worked on the braiding some more and showered and started cooking. We had our big meal at lunchtime and it was so good. That Jello No Bake Cheesecake is delicious and I wrote Aldi's thanking them for offering that product. I also did the tell Aldi's survey and hope I win the $100 gift card.

I started a new book by Follet, Night Over Water, and it's good. The weather was beautiful yesterday and will be all week. We are supposed to see Meteor showers starting tonight into Tuesday morning. I'll be looking for those.

I made a crockpot of Split Pea Soup and it's awful becuz I didn't throw out the drippings from the ham. Taste like ham grease! Ugh! That's getting tossed and I am ashamed that I wasted that pack of split peas. When will I ever learn to trust my instincts. I've never in my life done that before and I've made countless pots of SPS.

New day, new outlook on life, new challenge, new discovery! Oh, BTW, I finished braiding and sewing the strips of shirt tails and made a pretty little mat to put on the dining table underneath the napkin holder. It is so adorable. Every time I see it I say, "That is so pretty." It's the little things that count. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning. I also had a wonderful day yesterday! 2 more Monday before my summer break!

Comment

good morning

what a busy wonderful weekend for me too. really lifted David's feelings.

first ,tho. Donna, sorry the guys did not get over to see you..they were kind of glue to the couch talking to David.. Kiel took me shopping and then we did Easter at Karen most of yesterday.. this morning both are packing up their stuff.. then , maybe, helping me get David to Lab in forenoon.. more trips home are in their plans.

son Mike from Colorado and his son Kiel from Va. were here Fri,sat,Sun.. they were easy company to have.. and a delight to their Grand and Father,..

so I will be busy getting things organized this morning . be back later to read.

Comment

Good Morning! Yesterday was dreary ALL day, but dry. Today we are SUPPOSE to have sunshine, but it's yet to arrive. I need my sunshine!

Yesterday was good. The 3 of us got up at o-dark hundred and went to the sunrise service. Came home from that & I put on my ham, then we all crashed. I eventually got my butt in gear and finished making the dishes I needed to take to my brother's. I actually remembered everything for a change. I kept putting stuff in my baskets & out on the porch shelving since it was cool yesterday.

We missed having Becca there. It was nice seeing all my brother's kids at one time. A few of my SIL family came. Her niece's son is in Blaise's classroom this year. He's not very social, but Blaise tried to get him involved. We had the egg hunt for the 3 kids after dinner. We thought maybe we'd play cards afterwards, but we were all tired. Came home, put things in the refrig and sat down to read.

Blaise went home with Kathy for the night, so I didn't have to get up for any reason, and I really slept in. I saw 7:15, and thought it was too early & fell back to sleep until 9am. I must have needed it, as Cork would say. My Aunt P called just then and chatted for 20 min, which is very unusual for her. She usually calls, says what she wants, and is off before you know it. LOL! It was nice talking to her. I've taken my first round of meds, and now waiting until I can take the rest.

I'm getting my hair cut a little after noon, and then going to meet Sue for lunch. She works until 12:30 at a greenhouse. Becca's coming down later this afternoon for a visit & leftovers. Look forward to seeing her. Don't know when Kathy's bringing Blaise home. My goal today is to find my dining room table and to also organize all the clean clothes. I REALLY appreciate Cork washing them & putting them away, but he doesn't put them in the proper places. He just crams them into a drawer. I keep my mouth shut.

Best get started. Nice seeing you all! Have a good one.....

Comment

Good morning! I also had a wonderful day and beautiful weather. So much food! Good to see everyone and catch up on the year. Suppose to be another nice day today.

We are buying plants and planting today. Don't know what yet but will find something. Hope next weekend is nice so maybe please God we can finish the front porch and I can plant. Need to get it sprayed before I start any painting. Scott gave me my Mother's Day yesterday and it is the cutest rain gauge! I had been looking for one since my old one stopped gathering rain. I know..you have a hole and rain goes in and suddenly it didn't...never thought but maybe it had a hole in the bottom? Logical! Anyway we will stick it out today after the mulch is thrown.

Wow Beth the school year over already? You deserve a rest. Katlinann my sister makes rag rugs and they are gorgeous. She has one in each of her guest rooms...one all light colors and one so bright and colorful. I don't know where you people get these ideas! My husband loved split pea soup and his mother would bring him a pot ...I do not like it at all. Not even the smell. Maye so glad you had a wonderful visit with your son and grandson. It sounds like the change David needed. And isn't help a nice surprise? It is getting so I will not grocery shop unless there is someone home to haul bags. WIll keep Jo and her E in my thoughts and prayers today and glad they have a daughter with them during this ordeal. Guess I should be dressed and ready when Jon gets home so we can plant shop. Hope he isn;t crabby...especially since he is cooking tonight.

Comment

Good morning and a good start to my day. we changed our schedule a bit for Becky's get to work plan and I am thinking it will workout ok for me. I just need to get used to doing things in a different order and I am a person who likes her schedule...but so happy for Becky to have received the job she really wanted.
            After church and before dinner, we drove to Chico to see where the HR office is for her to report to this morning and then how to drive from there to the work office. Very good news is parking for employees and no more paying for public parking like she did for school. The school lots have such tight spaces students are always complaining of getting their cars scraped!

I found my table yesterday, donna and put a new tablecloth on it and hope to keep it clear. No tax prep and no setting something there for "later" is my new mantra. We will see.

This week my 7:20 child is off and I am hoping no one comes early at all. Two school kids but one is an older sister and is more of a help. I told her mom I would not charge her for this child and just enjoy having her to talk to and be with her little brother...this summer I may even use her and pay her to help if I have extra kids...

My lilac is still beautiful; I did not cut any yesterday because when I went out there were at least a dozen butterflies all over it and I just couldn't disturb them!

All of you sound like you had a wonderful time with family. My FL brother called while we were eating and we visited with them by phone.
            My Delta brother sent a picture of the very cute bunny cookie that the hotel put on their table for everyone. So cute! He will be home tomorrow for a few days.

Hope you all have a great day!
            Beth, you know how the teachers feel when the end of the school year is in sight! colleges do seem to get out earlier than the regular schools.
            Praying all goes well for Jo and E and so happy to read of the great visit Maye and David had.

Take care and take time for yourself!

Comment

Hello. Good afternoon.

E got through the surgery, he did great. But he will have to spend the next 2 days in ICU.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• Paula A
                Paula A commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh! So happy to read this! Thanks for letting us know!

• maxie
                maxie commented
                Editing a comment
                Good news...was hoping you had checked in. Been thinking about you.
            Working...
            X