Sunday, April 21 ~ Happy Easter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday, April 21 ~ Happy Easter

Good morning Rounder's and a Happy Easter to you. Do you realize it's almost the month of May? Wow! Where does the time go? Before you know it all the Snow Birds will be gone and the traffic will not be so bad and there will be food left on the shelves at Aldi's, and there will not be long lines of folks out the doors at restaurants. Hurrah!

My back hurts this morning and I feel like I've been run over by something. That's because I sat in one of those chairs on the Lanai and read my book. I finished it. Oh, it was a page turner and I highly recommend it for all but Aunt Maye. Ken Follet, Jackdaws.

The cheesecakes were sold out at Aldi's by the time I got over to that cooler, so I'm going to make my own. It's a box mix, Chocolate and they just got these in about 2 wks ago. They used to sell those box mixes back in the 80's. I know it won't be super delicious because I've had the real thing, but it will be dessert. I was going to make a Peanut Butter pie with chocolate topping, but that would be too rich, too much sugar and last too long. This way we get to indulge, but temptation will not last long.

I am happy to say that I spotted my first Celosia plant coming up between some of the brick pavers. I should have plenty of those beautiful plants coming up this year cuz I let them go to seed in the garden last year. They should be coming up in the front and back gardens. I have not seen any Coleus coming up yet, but I'm hoping some of them will sprout.

Ok, that's about it for me. I'm making Spiral Sliced Ham, Grilled Zucchini, Mashed Red Potatoes, (Florida grown), and rolls. Oh, and the Chocolate Cheesecake for dessert with a cup of Columbian Coffee. Sweet! No eggs to color, hide, or put prize money in. Thank the good Lord that I don't have to do that anymore. I feel old today. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

HAPPY EASTER! He has risen!!!!! It's a dreary one here, but at least it's stopped raining.

Yesterday was a busy one, but I'm thankful I had the energy and clear mind to accomplish it all. Last pick up was about 1:45 then I went to deliver a couple orders. I actually got a couple hugs....nice! After delivering the cupcakes to the restaurant for today's buffet, I took 4 mini pies & some cupcakes to the owners of a new restaurant that's opening this coming week. I told her to have their forks ready. It's a mom & pop place. Well they loved them and I've got the job! Now it's going to be trial & error for them. They are probably going to buy pies that I'm not sure are the right kind. Cream & fruit pies tend to get soggy, but that's what they want. They LOVED the lemon meringue.

Came home & started working on food for our dinner today. Didn't get too far before I petered out. I was checking out the boxed vanilla pudding I had because it was requested I made dirt pudding. One expired in 2011...guess I don't use the box mixes often. LOL! Pitched them all. Was going to go to DG and buy a couple boxes, when I decided I had just made pudding from scratch for some of my pies earlier, and I could do it for this recipe too. Once it cooled, I eventually got it all assembled. Made spaghetti for dinner. Hey, they are lucky they got anything. LOL!!!! Spent most of the evening reading my book.

This morning we were up at o'dark hundred to go to sunrise service. We go to the church I grew up going to. They have the service in the graveyard with a huge bonfire. We've been doing this for many years. Tradition. By the time the service is ending, the sun has risen. Came home & put the ham in to roast slow but sure. Will be taking a nap. I have several dishes to make, but they are hard, so they can wait. We are having dinner with the family down at my brother's later. I have chicken I was to grill to take. Cork doesn't eat pork, so I try to have something he'll eat. Kathy's Matt is picky too, and I've told her before she needs to bring something he'll eat. I've got the plastic eggs filled with candy. My SIL is doing eggs with change in them. Becca isn't going to be down because she volunteered to work for a co-wkr not realizing it was Easter. The 3-11 shift. She's coming down tomorrow & have dinner with us...leftovers.

Our Aldi's has lemons on sale this week, and I guess I better go stock up. I'll zest & juice them, then freeze it all for future pies.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning!! He is risen!! I will leave for church in about an hour. This is the one Sunday of the year that we have an actual church service. I am excited to attend. This is the first time since living here that I have been able to attend. My sister and her family will go to their church this morning then pick me up around 11. We meeting my parents in a town that is the half way point between all of us. We are having pasta.

Comment

Morning...the sun is shining and it is suppose to be in the 80s today. No egg hunters anymore and we haven't dyed eggs for a few years. I usually miss it but this year was glad to not have the mess. I have potatoes to heat then will be going to my brothers for dinner. Jon and Sierra are both working and Andrew is with his mom at his aunts. Scott will be meeting me. Thank goodness it will be nice because we gather inside and out..it is a pretty good size group and the only holiday we spend with my mom's sisters families. She had 4 kids and my aunt had 4...the other two sisters each had one and those cousins never come...go figure. Anyway you get 8 cousins and their families together and it is a gathering but only happens once a year and we thought it better than funerals and weddings.

Jon is off tomorrow and after his dentist appointment we are going shrub and tomato shopping. Going to start Karlinann! Have no idea what we will plant in the back and I cannot do anything in the front until he finishes the porch but I am getting ideas. Tomorrow will be a whatever grabs me shopping but I do like flowering shrubs for the back along the house. The hostas the boys transplanted are getting so big and took to the move like little weeds. I have a clump of variegated hostas in the front that need moved but do not know where to put them. I have a feeling these hostas have toured the neighborhood. Jon got the giant ones from the neighbor next to him and those are the starts he gave to the neighbor on the other side of him. My sister gave me a pot of white clematis she dug from her old house and they are taking off. I am finally ready to get this planting underway. Need potting dirt and mulch and pea gravel to clean up the burning pit. Some scrawny little brown bird has made a nest in the bird house the blue birds always moved into. The nerve! Nothing in the wren house and have a new one not hung yet. They claim it is time to get the humming bird feeder out. Suddenly I feel like Spring....even if the furnace did run this morning it is going to be 80 this afternoon!!

Need to find something to plant in the pots but may hold off a week or so to make sure the heavy cold nights are over. Wish we were closer Karlinann...would be fun to walk over and look at your yard and talk flowers. I had neighbors to do that with and Tinker and I talked flowers..she had a green thumb. Saw a picture of her Tony in the hometown paper for bowling a 300 game. He has babys now. Linda never saw any of her grandchildren and she would have been a doting grandma. Still miss her so much and then she pops into my head. Brings tears ya know?

Did not get a pedi since I am still wearing flannel around here but have one of my new sale tops and a choice of colors in my cons. I will be spiffy enough for Easter. Do need a haircut but life is busy ya know....Blues and Cardinals just do not leave me a lot of spare time. WE WON last night and will be moving on to the second round. Will play either Dallas or Nashville but they are still playing and we finished early enough for a few days rest.

Boy am I gabby this morning. Time to get the day started. Have an hours drive and the direct route for me is all country. Should be pretty and hopefully everyone will stay on their side of the road but with the trees in bloom it will be a pretty ride so you have to watch for rubberneckers. Like me! Have a wonderful Easter and enjoy the company you will be with.

Comment

Happy Easter, Happy Spring, Happy happy everything!

A very good morning to you.
          I cannot say it is very festive here...this afternoon we go to the hotel, and tomorrow is E’s surgery.
          This morning we are double checking and coordinating everything we need to take, and our niece is taking us there. Then DD will arrive shortly after we are there.

But it will be a nice, sunny day, 88°. I doubt we will see Easter bonnets today. But most people will probably be more dressed up than usual, so I will wear my best muumuu. No doubt DD will wear something with plenty of bling.....she loves bling!

Have a beautiful Easter.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• maxie
              maxie commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes yes...I have a bag of mini cadbury eggs by my bed right now. I'd better hurry up and eat them before the recall becomes official!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Happy Easter! It is a beautiful spring morning and everything is blooming in my yard that has a flower to bloom. the lilacs still are giving off their sweet scent; the callas are standing tall and I may take a bunch to church...in years past when I did not have anything to do but get there it was easy to take flowers. Today we aer picking up one of the ladies and I am speaking in our Easter service and just a little too last minute kind of stress. But...if I have time I will.

Just the tiniest bit of sprinkles yesterday morning and none during the parade or the rodeo. We went to the bbq at our frineds and the weather was perfect. they have an acre lot that is all landscaped like a tv show did it but it was all them. I told them they could probably rent out their back yard for weddings and receptions if they ever wanted to deal with that kind of crazy! They also have a two story MIL apt on the bottom floor and a studio apt upstairs (only the young and fit could do those stairs !)

After church we have our dinner here with my mom and then I will for sure take flowers to the cemetery. I will need to replace the rose bushes: they both caught something and have not come back...I am blaming it on buying them from a grocery store and will buy the next ones form a nursery!

Enjoy your church time and family time and know I am thinking and prayingfor you all!
              Jo, give E a hug and tell him we are all in his corner!
              Donna, please tell Maye and David the same and enjoy your family time!
              Karlinann, I wish I couldsee that yard of yours! I am sure your neighbors feel blessed with you around!
              Maxie, thanks for reposting and I just love getting the peek into your day!
              Beth and all who join in, have a good day and Rejoice!

Comment

• karlinann
                karlinann commented
                Editing a comment
                Do you want a tea rose, floribunda, or a climber? Lady Bank's Rose is a nice climber and does not need care after it's established. Tea Roses are fickle and so are Floribunda's, but the Knockout Rose is another good choice. Remember they can get over your head though.

• Paula A
                Paula A commented
                Editing a comment
                I need small roses that will be planted between graves up by the headstone. So no climbers.
                I know how to cut them when the rose is finished blooming but besides using a rose food I
                Want something easy to care for. My backyard has roses from the previous owners. I always prefer fragrance first!

Hello everyone..
              Have a happy Easter...
              The Easter bunny miss our house..Darn.!!!..

Comment

Working...
              X