Saturday, April 20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday, April 20

Good morning Rounder's! I'm up for the 2nd time tonight. DH woke me up when he came to bed at 11 pm, and I'm up again. I'll probably go back to bed at some point.

The rain was welcome, but I have a feeling the wind did some damage here in the community. It was very scary here for a few minutes with that black sky and heavy wind. When daylight comes I'll go outside and see if anything is messed up.

My plan for the day is a quick shopping trip to Aldi's. I'm reading a good Ken Follet book called Jackdaws. It's about an all female band of British agents code-named Jackdaws, sent to blow up a key telephone exchange in France on the eve of D-Day. You would not like him Aunt Maye. He uses bad language, but I'm on my 3rd book by him and I like his stuff.

My arthritis is killing me and my joints. These knees and fingers ache.
    I'm ok, DH is ok. I hope all of you are ok this morning too. Have a good visit from your son and grandson Aunt Maye and I would take that suggestion of a reprieve to go make grease balls and have some female companionship for a few hours. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning, I think.
    Geez, I went to bed at 10, and have been up twice. My Fitbit says I slept just under an hour, 11:45-12:40.
    My heartbeat was running high, up tp 125, so I did some breathing exercises. Thought I’d just sit up for a bit, then go back to bed. Maybe I need a warm drink first. ☕️

Yesterday morning E missed his breakfast because even though his doctor cancelled his appointment, he needed to check in with the anesthesiologist. He got there to find that the cardiologist was called into surgery and wouldn’t be able to see him. So he went to Costco for a few things, then to the grocery store.
    He texted me to see if we needed anything he may have missed, so I told him to pick up a very special birthday card for my brother. By now he had missed lunch, but said he had a nice hot dog at Costco. I helped him carry the bags in, and then it was time to consider supper. But he wasn’t hungry, so I just had a lemon fiber bar....I wasn’t hungry either.

Heaven only knows what today will be like. It should be 90°. Yesterday hit 96°, although on the road our car registered the temp at 100°, according to E. The car also flashed a message that it needs a good checkup. E called the dealer, explained why we can’t bring it in for a couple of months. He told E that it is okay, only a “heads up”, and is still good for 3-4 months, so ignore the message for now.

My heartbeat is 118 now. I hope I can get it down to 70 or 80 soon. More breathing exercises......
    Geez! I want to avoid the ER because it is a living he!! there. Seeing someone will take hours, and no guarantee I’d see a Cancer Center doctor.

Karlinann, I sure do hope that you don’t get hit by any really bad storms there. Is the weather getting more harsh these days? Seem like it to me.

A good day to you all, ☀️
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Got my heartbeat down to 74. So I’m going back to bed to try to sleep.
      What a relief!
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        thankfull for that!

Good SUNNY Morning! I know this is short lived because they forecast is 90% rain today. Yesterday was wet & dreary ALL day.

Yesterday was good. Got a lot done, though I did take an afternoon nap. Kathy & Xander did arrive around 11:30am, and after she had Blaise called his birthfather (won't call him Dad) to tell him about his gold tickets for the week, we went to Arby's & Aldi's. My buttons popped off yesterday when Blaise gave me all his BD money he got from my BF Maureen to give to the poor. He bought a gift card at Aldi's and we'll give it to our pastor to give to a family much in need. They work, but they just can't seem to get ahead or even stay current.

Kathy did help with the egg coloring and making the potato salad. Blaise was super super nice to Xander. Matt's Mom was taken to the hospital by ambulance and was in ICU. I told Blaise that Xander may be sad and to think how he'd feel if I was in the hospital. Talked to Kathy during the evening, and they've got his Mom stabilized again & she may come home today. It's very touch & go with her. Matt's Dad was killed in a car accident last Fall, and I can't imagine losing your Mom too so soon. Anyways, Blaise was very kind & caring with Xander all day.

I got all the cupcakes baked and almost all iced last night after we got home from Good Friday service at church. I just need to ice the carrot cake ones this morning. I prepped the pies yesterday too, and just brought them out of the oven a few minutes ago. Now to make the cream pies & the apple pie. I'll then be done baking for customers. I made 6 mini pies and I'm going to take them to the family that's opening a new restaurant about 2 miles from here. I'll do that this afternoon. They are going to be there working. Yesterday was inspection day. I'm betting they'll open next week sometime.

After I get all my customer stuff done, I need to find this kitchen, and start working on the food for tomorrow. My niece might come and we are going to make the one dessert together. Both nieces were to come, but my SIL wants them home helping clean. This is why I offer to cook but not host it. I would be too stressed having to do both. Right now I've got 7 pies and 144 cupcakes sitting around. Plus, plus, plus.

You ladies worry me. At times I hope I just fall over dead like my Dad. There one moment & gone the next. I say that's the way to go. No real suffering. I know, that's the cowards way out. LOL!

Have a good one all!

Comment

Morning...slept in again this morning. I was so comfy and warm snuggled in that bed! It is suppose to warm up today and be 80 tomorrow but the furnace ran yesterday. Today I will prepare my dish to take to my brothers tomorrow. Wish they would just tell me to bring myself and be our guest...right? I would be happy to accommodate!

Blues play to night. Cardinals this afternoon. Sounds like a pizza night. Scott is not coming in tonight but will meet me at my brother's tomorrow. That is fine..I can take cleaning Andrew's room off my list. He doesn't mind his uncle staying in his room but he doesn;t like me picking it up! Now everyone is happy!

I keep losing things that I write on this computer. Must be a misplaced button I keep finding and hitting. I am getting tired of repeating myself...like dealing with a kid! Jo, it will be good when E has his procedure over and you can relax a bit. Get yourselves both to a place where you can work together and be taking care of each other. Cookie, I am trying to get out of bringing a dish tomorrow and you have already baked 7 pies and 144 cup cakes. One of us needs an attitude adjustment! Humm..wonder who? Karlinann we have had more wind and wind storms this spring than I can every remember. Yesterday it was to windy to sit outside. Of course it was also to cold to sit out too...another furnace day. Keeps all the pollen's stirred up and making for a bad allergy season. Maye enjoy your company and do not overdo. Use carry out...we are tonight.

I know the less I do the less I want to do but I am having a hard time with motivation...this darn back an forth weather is not helping. How about a couple of day s in a row of warm and sun? That could put some pep in my step!

Have a wonderful Saturday everyone and remember to cheer for the Blues tonight.

Comment

I will have to read later so for now I am checking in and in a rush to get ready for the parade. I am going with my mom because it is something she just does...I could miss it but it would be too hard on her.
          Becky has a hair apt because she starts work on Mondya and had an apt scheduled for Tuesday, No more week day hair cuts for her.

After the parade we have a barbecue with friends and their grown up kids and their families and I am really looking forward to it. We have knkown them for a long time and they have become family. People we could always call on for any kind of help and support and I was just so happy to finally do something for them when they called and needed help for the fowers and their daughter's wedding.

I will check back later afternoon.

yesterday it was 82...today it will be j70! Go figure!

Comment

Paula, you have our kind of weather. Sometimes it jumps or dives by 10° . Crazy, huh!
            and those of you getting “too much” rain, just shove it our way. It’s very dry here, far more than it used to be.

Maxi, I know! I must have an inner stress that I am not very aware of.
            I’m so glad our middle daughter will be with us through the rough patch. She is also a PT, so if she finds any stress in me, she can give me massages. I’m told by another health care daughter that her massages are wonderful.

Thanks for for letting me unload my frustrating news here. It helps a lot.

Hope you all have a wonderful Easter weekend. ☀️
            Last edited by JoGee; 04-20-2019, 11:29 AM.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I know its afternoon. I just am getting here..I did a bit of yard work...until I realized I need gloves to prevent blisters...not much...2 loads of laundry one is drying one is washing...Made a meatloaf in my instapot...steamed broccoli in the microwave...cooked 4 frozen biscuts in the oven. Took some of all of it to my hair dresser I know she is going to be crazy busy today with it being the day before a holiday..she is diabetic and does not take care of herself...managed to wreck my bike and get hit with garage door too...I think that I will just have a quiet day the rest of the day..

Meeting my parents and maybe my uncle for Easter dinner tomarrow.

Comment

It really turned out to be a windy day, winds blowing at least 20 mph. Not quite nonstop, but no break long enough to draw a breath.
                It blew a dark little hummingbird backwards off the feeder, towards our porch. Poor little guy.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                X