Friday, April 19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday, April 19

Good morning Rounders! I saw the full moon this morning and that is always a plus.

JoGee, I know why you only slept for 4 hours! You've got a lot on your shoulders right now. I cannot imagine myself in your situation. I would be a wreck with my own agenda, let alone a husband who needed surgery and all the planning and organization that you two have been working out. It's too much stress!

Tonight is Pan fried fish, corn on the cob, and hush puppies. I wanted to have cole slaw, but the cabbage looked too bad so I didn't buy any.

Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning! It's to be a wet one around here today. It was pretty most of yesterday.

Yesterday was a busy one. Went into town to pick up a few things. It took going to 3 stores before I got all the shampoo & conditioner I needed for church. Took a while once I got home to get my rear in gear, but I finally got the carrot cake iced and took it & the pies down to the restaurant. Then popped over to see Aunt J & Uncle D. Uncle D got up and joined us in the kitchen. Took him a box of chocolates that I know he loves. He's still not feeling good, though he's looking better than he was. Aunt J is slowing down too. She said she's making NOTHING for the Easter dinner at her daughter Karen's. Their son Mike & GS Kyle are coming in for a visit for the weekend. Those two require no special attention. It's nice they are making the effort.

My friend Sandy came to pick up her sugar cookies & chat. I worked on my carrot cake & CC cupcakes. Messed up the first batch...was distracted talking. Actually cooked dinner. Wasn't bad. Wasn't as good sounding as yours KA. It was basic & it was food. Enough said. Baked 5 batches of cupcakes & it still isn't enough. 3 more batches to go today.

Today Kathy & Xander are to be coming to visit. I cooked a bunch of eggs, so the boys can color them. Also cooked some potatoes & we (I) are going to make horseradish potato salad...one of Kathy's favorites. She ask me to make a cherry macaroon pie for Matt...did that yesterday. Also made the egg custard pie for the neighbor yesterday. Cork took that over. He ask the guy if he knew who he could ask to buy some dirt from, and they guy said he'd bring some over. He's a good neighbor! He has all kinds of "toys", including a full sized backhoe. LOL! Boys & their toys.

I told Kathy I'd treat for lunch today at Arby's. Need to pick up a few more boxes of cake mix. YES, I use boxed cake mix for my cupcakes, except for the carrot cake ones. Plan to finish baking all those & then get them iced this evening. All will be delivered tomorrow. I also plan to assemble the fruit pies and have them ready to bake first thing tomorrow morning. I'm hoping to have enough leftover fillings to make a few mini pies. I want to take them to the new restaurant that is opening up next week that's just down the road. I've been chatting with the new owner on FB. She wanted to know if I make cannoli's....absolutely NOT! They are time consuming and require a big deep fryer. Nope...NOT going to do it. See....I do know that two letter word. Hoping Kathy will feel motivated to maybe help around here a bit...shall we take bets?

Are you OK KA? You are kind of quiet this morning.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Right as rain, that's what I am. Thank you for asking. Speaking of rain we got rain early this morning. I didn't post when I first got up cuz I was tired and then by the time I posted I guess the brain was on standby. LOL! Girl, you tire me out with all that stuff you make, bake, ice, and shop for. Whew! You're killing me. Slow down and listen to the world going by...………..

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't take bets: give her an assignment...I really would appreciate it if you would grab a cloth and -----

Good morning, and I hope it is truly a Good Friday for everyone. ☕️

This morning I need to text DD who is leaving Casa Grande and returning to her home in WA.
    E has to see his cardio doctor today, and we will be gathering/packing what we need for the hotel stay.
    It will surely be a short visit, since he has talked to all the cardio team already. I think this doc just wants to coordinate to be sure he is up to date and E understands it all. They are using a new technique for the surgery.....darned if I can remember it all, but it is done with wires and minimal cutting.....what I remember of it, they call it the “cabbage” (CABG) method.
    Our niece will pick us up on Sunday, and take us to the hotel.

You are probably right, Karlinann, about my not getting much sleep. It’s a lot to ingest, and I am busy with things during the day, so my head needs to sort it out at night. I did better last night, with 6 hours. And I woke with a list of things on my mind, which apparently I was sorting out in my sleep.
    My own agenda I don’t want to think about, not yet. I can’t ignore the obvious things like how my body feels, or the upcoming appointment(s). I’m not in denial, but 18 years ago I looked up my condition and found what nobody would tell me....eventually the leukemia word would pop up. Now it is a definite possibility. I’d say I had a good long run in spite of the basic illness. And I feel pretty much normal for now, anyway.

Cookie, I thought cannoli’s were baked. They do have cannoli forms or pins. It’s far from my favorite cookie. But most people like lots of frosting on cookies and cakes. The cream filling in cannoli’s fill that need. But there are so many filling recipes that people are quick to criticize if it’s not like mom’s and granny’s recipe.

Maye, I’m glad to hear you and D are doing good. Aging shouldn’t have to be as difficult as it too often is.
    Take care. You are often in my thoughts.

Beth, hope you have a good day.

Sassy, thanks for popping in to say Hi. I’m glad you do that. What are you making now?

I read somewhere that the moon is pink? I need to look it up and see what that is about.

Have a really great day. ☀️
    Last edited by JoGee; 04-19-2019, 09:21 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      The CABG, (Coronary Artery Bypass Graft) was the thing when I worked on the coronary unit as a Unit Secretary back in the early 90's.

Morning...kinda late moving this morning. Blues won last night with 15 seconds to go..oh wow! One more win tomorrow and we move on to round 2 of the playoffs. SInce everyone is working this weekend we did Easter last night. Andrew love loved loved his car...gave me a hug when he left. Even his mom was shocked at that! Boy is not a hugger. I had put Sierra's in her room and she woke me when she came in wearing hers. Looks like the Easter bunny did ok. Scott will be coming in sometime tomorrow but not going to worry about a meal. Carryout or find a restaurant. Jon is working all weekend.

Did tons of laundry yesterday so will iron today. It rained all day yesterday so no one ventured out for groceries. Now it is cold again and the furnace is back on. When do you think the rain will ever shut off? And the warm will come in and stay? This damp and cold has my joints getting stiff. Hurt my arm carrying in a case of water the other day and have a knee that is complaining at night. Everything just needs some steady warm and this darn rain turned off. Can't paint outside until it dries out and can't landscape until the painting is done.

Cookie, I am not much of a bargain shopper. If there is something I cannot get from Ruler then I will shop at the store that I can get that item. I am a lazy shopper. Jon is a bargain shopper and the time he spends in a store drives me crazy. I am in and out and he goes aisle to aisle. He buys most of the meat so guess that is why he weighs prices. This summer it will just be him and me so I will stock up on winter staples like tomato sauce, canned goods, etc. If I lived near you I would be to fat to shop! I do not know how you go on like you do. Thanks for the report on Maye and David. Think about them often.

Karlinann, another who goes and goes. Hope you are resting your leg. Read I should be getting the humming bird feeder out. Still have a bird house to hang. Mulch to buy and throw. Plants to plant. I am a slug next to you in this yard work. Winter just keeps getting longer and I keep getting slower.

Jo rest up and try to relax this weekend. I do know places will deliver to motels and there is always a cab to get around. Let your daughter worry about all that and you just worry about yourself and E.

Well, guess a lot of people have typed in since I started this. Been watching the news in between doing this but time to get going. Have a wonderful day !

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Boy did we get rain this afternoon. The sky was dark, the wind was ferocious, and then the rains came. It is slacking off now, but it is moving up through SC and GA.

Friday is here!... this is the day son Mike and his son Kiel arrive. from two different directions.. so will be nice to see them both for a couple of days... David is really looking forward to them.. I guess he's tired of talking to me >Ha.

I am making a dish for Easter day Dinner at Karens... I have Corn I froze last summer, so will make a big dish of that , plus set a dish of Lima beans beside it. so you can mix you own lima bean/corn together.. some of us like that !... also baking some delicious buns , frozen (raw) bun.. you let raise and bake . just like my home made ones... will do late SAt evening. David is already protesting, HE can't go. to Karens.. However, the boys will help and get him in, up any steps.. ... He has kind of stop at this level. still refusing to believe he cannot walk . he gets around in house with cane and walker.. but still very "toddery".. I just don't want him to Fall!.
    yeah, I am getting Tired.. hey, this old age crap is no fun!...but I take my pleasures in seeing my family. still hope to get back to Donna's making grease balls.. someday... depends on whether hubby learns his limits and uses his "tools".. the walker especially..

maxie, Im going to become a football fan... give me something to do.. I live in Steeler country but do not follow them.. think I will pick Minnasota as my "home " team this year.. One year I was a Denver fan.. anybody have any suggestions?

well, hubby is stirring around .. better go check if he needs anything.. have a great Easter,, My favorite "holiday" !!... a great day in a Christians life!.

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      I was just about ready to write Giants! Baseball and I am not going to suggest anyone who plays against Maxie's team!
      My son goes to Ravens games, but none of us really Watch football. I hear about the cowboys because I have die hard fan friends. Like they go to the training camp sites and get their pictures with their favorite players and then there is Green Bay who lots around here follow because Aaron Rogers went to Chico St U and is known as a very good guy...

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      Not a football fan. Hockey and baseball only. I am loving having both my teams playing right now but as you can see I am totally immersed in hockey. We never never never ever cheer for any Chicago teams in this area. Find a team and cheer them on...just not Chicago!

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      How about the Eagle's? They are a Philly team and they're good.

Oh, a day off does a body such good and this is a wonderful day to take off and count my blessings.

I was trying to find a good place to start being more like Karlinann, and so I went out this morning and changed the place I had put the bird bath...I had it too centered in front of the lilac and I decided just off to the center was more aesthetic. I also saw that yesterday with all the cleaning and scrubbing it I had forgotten to Fill it! I also started watering out front last evening and will continue this morning. I have new hoses and one was really ready to be replace. I have also been looking at the patio and thinking what used to work does not really work anymore: I have a large bookshelf that I moved out there to hold yard toys and such but it isn't being used that way and now I just want to get rid of it. or move it and use it somewhere else...

I have a pedicure at 11:45 and a dermatology appointment today. Laundry is in the dryer and after Becky does hers I am going to wash my quilt. big time day off, right? but so nice to do what I keep thinking I will find time to do.

Jo, I am echoing everything that has been said and have full confidence in you and your strength. Just always remember, please that we are all thinking of you and E and if there is anything I can do (pretty sure all here feel the same) I am a phone call away. In fact, I am going to email or Message you my number. I think the one on our old address list is my old landline number.

Sassy, are you making totes? So you have an etsy site or where do you sell them?
    I bought a cake topper for Becky's graduation cake. I bought the cake from a shop in Redding that won Cake Wars on Food Network Twice!

Maxie, I don't remember what car for Andrew you are talking about. Is it a remote controlled car? Sorry, I bet you have mentioned it and I just didn't read or put it in my brain...

I am in awe always of all you all are doing. Not sure how you do it, but keep posting! I love reading about it and quote you all when I am talking with my mother or Becky, especially.

Maye, any chance of a girl get together while Mike is there? You can do grease balls or not, but you know you can trust Mike and Kiel to talk and keep D happy!

Count your blessings! You all are certainly numbered in mine!

Comment

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes it that remote controlled car he has been drooling over. Very expensive and we had to go to a hobby shop to get it but it is one he can replace parts on and it has 4 wheel drive.etc., whatever. His cousin received one for Christmas and he went on and on and his mother told him no. In fact she told him to stop badgering his grandma about it. Well, then naturally, I had to get it! But for that kid to automatically hug me made it all worth it! He is not a hugger. These cars are hobbys for older kids and adults.
Working...
X