Friday, April 12

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday, April 12

Good morning Rounders! I went to bed early and got up early. Huh? I am going to go back for my Monday appt. I am walking better this morning and that awful pinched nerve pain has subsided quite a bit, but not disappeared yet. I definitely would benefit from more adjustment. And I also know that this weather has my knees in a bind because of the Osteoarthritis. They both ache. The pinched nerve is what locks up my leg when I try to walk and I end up dragging it. Also when I try to drive it locks up.

I did not get my discount on the half ham I bought at Aldi's yesterday, so I'll be going back today. It was supposed to be 95 cents a lb and she charged me the total price and didn't take the reduction. I need some more stuff anyway cuz yesterday was a hurried shopping trip. DH was hungry when I got home and I made French Onion Soup and topped it with Cheddar and we had some of the cornbread muffins to go with. It was good. I then took a shower and crawled into bed.

Today will be a Take it easy kind of day. Other than the Aldi's trip I don't have anything planned.

Yesterday on my way to the pharmacy to pick up DH's Rx's I saw a cop had someone pulled over in our community writing a speeding ticket, so on my way home I went the 25 mph speed limit. Sure enough, I saw him hidden in the median and if I had not seen him on the way out I would have gotten a big fat ticket. From now on I'll be sure to go 25 mph., which is a bummer, but it may save someone's life. We have so many elderly drivers here and I've seen the way they drive.

Have a good one. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning. I fell to sleep waiting to see the the foot dr. Then fell to sleep when I got home slept 2 hours. Then went to bed early. Must be catching up with me. Work was busy!!

Tonight is my nieces first prom. It’s her boyfriends School. I will get pictures. I will be a huge church event. I volunteered for it not realizing both things were happening on same night.

I plan to go sleep late tomorrow I have a hair cut/color appointment at 130

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Have fun Beth!

Good Morning! The sun keeps trying to come out btw the clouds. Suppose to be getting lots of rain, wind, & storms for the next day or two.

Yesterday was good. Got all the sugar cookies baked off. Would you believe I was 6 cookies short of the 11 doz I need. I then started on rolling out but not baking the ladylocks. A miracle happened....I suggested making orange chicken for dinner. Cork said...no thanks...Blaise chimed in....YES! That boy usually complains about whatever I make, but he actually complimented me last night. His version of orange chicken is the chicken w/o the orange sauce. Whatever. I just hold out a small dish of uncovered chicken before pouring the sauce. No, they aren't chicken nuggets. Orange chicken's coating is a mixture of 50/50 flour & corn starch.

Had an appt with my Endo doctor yesterday. Actually it was their PA, and she was great. Told her I wanted no parts of Dr Dixitt. He poo poo'd me, and I don't like that. Listen to me and care. Anyways, she changed my insulin amounts, and set me up to talk to the dietician who also counsels on pumps. I'd really like one, but it also depends on the cost. Dr D didn't recommend getting one, but I've talked to too many diabetics on a pump & they say it's a life changer. He didn't think I'd like changing the location of the pump every so many days. Listen buddy, I give myself 5 shots a day, what's the big deal? The PA explained how they work & it makes sense. They are so booked up, that my follow up that's suppose to be in 3-4 months is actually 6 with me on the cancellation list to get in sooner. I see the dietician in 2 weeks.

This morning I woke with lots of energy right away. I'm baking off the LL I got on the pins yesterday. I wasn't able to finish the job because I ran out of pins, so will do that today after I'm done baking those that are on pins. I made up filling for a cherry pie. Will bake it off while cutting & rolling the rest of the LL. The pie is going to my new tax lady. I took cookies to them last week. She's got a son getting married next year. I got an email from her yesterday & she's definitely going to get the wedding cookies from me. We also talked pies, so I'm taking a small pie over to them later today. Samples are the only advertising I do. It's that & word of mouth.

Blaise has karate tonight and then I'm taking him down to his Mom's. She'll be bringing him back tomorrow afternoon because her & Matt are going to get together with Kody (Blaise's birth dad) and his girlfriend for dinner and to talk. Whatever. I think I'm going to play cards at my Aunt P's tonight. She called last night & ask if I'd like to do it. Since we aren't playing Sunday, I jumped at the chance. We didn't play last week & won't next week either.

Well I better keep moving. Have a good one all! Glad you are feeling somewhat better KA. Now if we'd just get E fixed up. I worry about him. Jo...I'm surprised that your girls won't come up & help.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Cookielady it sounds as if you are really doing great in your baking biz. I'm proud of you.

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      When you say you're putting the LL on the pins, do you mean clothespins?

• cookielady
      cookielady commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I wrap the rounded clothes pins with foil, spray oil on them, and then wrap the strip of dough around them.

yay! It's Friday and I can't believe that I am finally here.
    It is our last dinner for the shelter (unless someone needs a fillin) and because of my toddler and infant that stay until 5:00 and need constant attention I actually asked another friend if she could bake the hams. I had the pans and hams of course, and she was so kind and said she could. She will deliver them to the shelter and when I get there with dessert I can fillin the In Kind and cost donation of th food. She and her husband hosted the Empty Nesters for our church group this past Monday and served ham with others bringing the sides, so I knew she would know how to bake them. I learned I do not like crock pot ham when I can't check it easily. The last one I made that way was too done.
    Usually when we have casserole type food there are three of us and it wouldn't matter if one is a bit later arriving than the others, but withme providing the hams I need them to be there in time for dinner.

I am later this morning and need to get down to the daycare.
    but, Karlinann, you posted at 10:30-ish last night My time. You may be the only one who goes to bed earlier than I do. But getting up before others sure gives you quiet time to get things done!
    Maxie, I didn't have to clean the kitchen before my friend arrived. I Have to keep that kitchen clean in case theState arrives!
    sassygirl, loved seeing your post!
    Donna, deep breaths concerning Blaise and we will keep praying for the best outcome. You have given him the best start to life!
    Oh, I have to go and will try and post a little more but that baby is always grabbing at my hand or something!

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, Paula, I go to bed early and get up even earlier. It's a vicious cycle and I can't stop it.

Good morning.
    its going to be a cool day in the 60°’s today. The wind has been fairly hard every day, but there’s a lot of open lands that are treeless around this area. It looks like Casa Grande has started to build up and spread out more.

we are enjoying this time with our DD and her hubby. There is plenty of relaxing time with them. There’s not really much to do here. There is always eating out, yesterday we picked up some things at the grocery store, then E needed some stuff and we went to WM. I did pretty good staying on my feet, but was very tired when we got back.
    Tomorrow 2 other DDs will join us.

Karlinann, enroute here we saw about 9 police cars on the highway during the 1-1/2 hr drive. Most had pulled over vehicles, some may have been for speeding, but some were searching the vehicles. Wow!
    Beth, first proms are so exciting. You will probably feel better with the new hairdo.
    Cookie, there’s always so much going on with you. Oh, right now we are sorting....our girls can’t help with that part. We don’t want important stuff thrown away. Tossing stuff is what they do best. But they DID promise to come some weekend when we are done sorting and ready to pack it all up. Yay!
    Sassy, it’s nice to see you posting again.

its time for my meds, and I need to get dressed.
    i wish you all a Grand day. ☀️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      JoGee I'm so glad you and E are enjoying your visit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

I commented this morning then guess I forgot to post it. Oh well...been one of those mornings. Weather has changed from ac to furnace, capris to sweats. Had a couple of storms last night. Must be Spring in Illinois.

My sister called with her oven woes this morning and I told her about my Sierra woes and we decided my woes were bigger than her woes. Sierra is going to move out after she starts her big girl job this summer. The place she is interning has ask her to put in an application so we will see. She needs to move out on her own and grow up. I mean she needs to grow the hell up! But she is taking this wanker bf of hers with her. That little 'treasure' will never grow up. The only way she will learn how worthless he is is to live with him and get a good dose. But I will not set them up...he can get a job and provide for them. He has evidently quit welding school because he 'doesn't like it'. Well tough! It is called manning up and providing an income. Sierra has never done without anything her entire life and, yes, she is rotten spoiled. But that will change when she working and he is flipping burgers. What a worthless piece of crap he is. If by some miracle he grows up and mans up I will probably be dead by then so will never have to like him. I totally despise him and his family and am amazed that with the advantages she has had she picked that. I totally understand why he picked her. But she needs to grow up and see life with him compared to what she has had. He will never like any job...they pick on him you know. He thinks you start at the top so he quits when they don't make him the guy in charge in the first week. One can pray she see the light. I pray she see the light sooner rather than later. Heck, I am just praying here!!!!

I know I complained through this entire thing but it is what it is. Blues play tonight so that makes me happy. I can go to bed curled up in my flannel jams. Winter is back for the weekend..

Comment

• karlinann
        karlinann commented
        Editing a comment
        Girls always fall for the bad boys. She will have a rude awakening when he does not pull his weight and leaves her hanging and then she will dump him. She has to leave the nest in order to find her way.

• cookielady
        cookielady commented
        Editing a comment
        And sometimes you think they can't hit bottom any further to learn, and it still isn't enough. I hope she learns fast. Glad she's moving out to learn. Sometimes ignorance is bliss. As long as she doesn't bring her drama home to you guys. She'll now have to buy her own food, wash her own clothes and clean up her own messes. At least at this moment there is no child involved....besides the boyfriend. Can we call him the turkey or turd? We have to come up with a good name for him.

Big News here!!

Becky just texted that the City of Chico is hiring her! This has been a very long process and finally she is getting the job she really wants and it seems the ones in charge really want her.
      it is full time until the end of summer when grad school starts and they even said her part time hours they will fit around her hours!
      It has been hard trying to find a job with so many displaced by fires who have also been searching for jobs.

Comment

• karlinann
        karlinann commented
        Editing a comment
        Hurrah~ Hurrah! Go Becky!

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea for Becky! And congrats to her mother..

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! Kind of In happy Shock!
    Working...
    X