Wednesday, April 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday, April 03

Good morning Rounders! I am starting to be a nurse Crachett. Remember her in One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest? It is very hard on a person having to fetch and do for someone who is laid up. I hope I don't ever get disabled and someone has to do for me. Aunt Maye I am feeling some of your pain.

Maxie, Lowe's will have the sale of mulch, 10 for $10, cuz my next door neighbor just retired from there this past fall and he said they have it every year.

I am running on empty here and I was so exhausted that I fell asleep several times sitting in front of the tv and waiting for DH to finish watching his show so we could go to bed. He developed an itchy rash on his back several days ago and I think it's the Lovenox causing it. He called his doc and she said to stop taking it and she'll address it at his visit today. I think it's the Lovenox also. I've been putting Benadryl on it and it stops the hives and itch.

I think I'll make bkfst for dinner tonight. He will be worn out from the office visit and so will I. My neighbor who let us borrow the Rolling Walker came by to visit him yesterday and brought candy and a card. She is so sweet. I asked her if she thought I could fit the walker into the back of our SUV on it's side and she said that it would fit because it folds down. She showed us how to do it. Wow! That was so easy and I had not seen that button you push to make it collapse. I'm so glad she came by.

I have to get off here. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning. Awake ready to tackle my day! Work..Then the lady that helps me is picking me up from work. We will come to the house long enough for me to shower. Then we are headed to old Main Street for a long walk. Then we will grab some supper and she will drop me at church.

after work yesterday I went my sisters house and fell asleep for a bit then made dinner. Just frozen pizza. Then daddy had to get something at Lowe’s so I caught a ride home and did my parents laundry and loaded the dishwasher. when mom and dad came home all of went to bed.

i woke up feeling rested first time that has happened this week.

time to get ready to start my day!

Comment

Flying by, David Dr. appointment ..son Mark is driving and helping me today... D. still not walking very well.. would fall very easily... be back later to report on what Dr. says.

Comment

Morning..gloomy here but not sure what the weather will be other than tomorrow is opening day in St. Louis and all the festivties are going to get wet! Blues play in Chicago tonight. I am loving this sports season!!

Yesterday I crashed...just was all done in. Feeling tired this morning so might be coming down with something. Joints ache and have a headache. Jon wants to grill pork steaks so will just let him handle all the cooking and I will sit and relax today.

Maye good to hear from you and so very happy you will have help with doctor appointment today. You and Karlinann have your hands full. Make sure you both take time for yourself and get some rest. Beth seems you have a lot of extra work when your parents visit...hope you have time to enjoy their visit.

Unloaded the sink and have the dishwasher going. Already tired and feel allergies acting up. Maybe that is why I feel crappy. Take care and have a great day. Looks like we have doctors reports to look forward to...good luck ladies!

Comment

Good morning, everyone.

Yesterday we went to the movies. We are Disney fans, so we saw Dumbo. It was everything you would expect from Disney. Some interesting movies for kids wil be coming out this summer. They look entertaining.

When we got home, E received a call from his cardio doctor. He now has an appointment on Monday for an angiogram. I have to be there with him. They expect me to drive....I have neuropathy in my feet, and can’t judge the pressure I need for the right speed. I don’t feel safe driving. He may or may not have to spend the night there, in which case I will have to as well. We are halfway decided to just go by cab.
          Tomorrow we have dinner with our nephew and his wife. I’m wondering if one of them could do a drop-off/pick-up for us.

Today will just be a regular day at home, trying to get rid of excess stuff.
          I have a bunch of laundry to do.
          I think I’ll donate some clothes today....they don’t fit me right any more, so no sense keeping them.

Karlinann, your hands are full, for sure. I love breakfast at any time of day.
          Beth, I’m glad you got a good night’s sleep. The walking probably helped.
          Maye, I hope the doctor has good news for D. Good luck.

I hope all you Rounders have a great day today. ☀️
          Now I get to see who was typing with me but got posted first. ☕️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• Paula A
            Paula A commented
            Editing a comment
            Jo, ia there any kind of medical transport available there? Or a cab, but do ask your nephew. If they can't you will understand, but if they can...so much off your plate!

Good morning! Our high will be only in the mid 50's with intermittent sun and clouds. There is flooding in Chico. A friend posted a picture of her street with cars driving through water, but it hadn't got up to her house. All from rain: nothing broke and Chico is ot on the river, just a lot of creeks which feed intot he Sacramento somewhere.

Maye, I , too, am happy you have your son to help. Those walkers and wheelchairs are sure a lot of help, but so awkward to load into a car.
          Glad your neighbor came by and showed you, Karlinann. One of those tender mercies.

Not a lot going on here today. It is trash day and the trucks are just now rumbling around the neighborhood.

Yesterday a child brought a whole party to daycare! her half of a huge cake (4 layrs made up like Mickey Mouse), plates, napkins, hats and party bags. The kids loved it! She is going to Disneyland this Saturday for her birthday. One child had missed her weekend party because his mom surprised him and his sister (and sis' best friend) with a trip to Disneyland! that is a 7-8 hour drive and it was just the mom driving this trip. I give her a lot of credit. It was for the sister's birthday and none of the kids knew where they were going until they were in the car and had missed the exit to the grandpa's where they thought they were going. Great memories in the making!

Glad you had time with your family, Beth. And really glad to see such a good start to your day.
          Maxie, I hope you get to feeling better and Karlinann, hope all goes well with the appointment.
          Take care and I will be reading what the next posts are; I love my little beaks in the day when I can read here. Usually I have the infant in my arms and it is almost impossible to text a comment. He is at the waving is arms around stage.
          I can not type nor correct at all this morning. Better close and hope for better!

Comment

Paula, E definitely plans to talk to his nephew & niece about it. The hospital doesn’t offer medical transport. Wish they did.
            There is some bus service, but probably not friendly to the hours we need it. I seldom ever see the bus by our bus stop signs. But a door to door service is better probably not only for his condition, but my neuropathy and back problem as well.
            So if we can’t arrange something with the nephew or niece, it’s going to be a cab.
            come to think of it, I don’t think nephew drives much if at all any more. He was in that cycle accident with a deer, and it messed up his shoulder as well as other injuries, and though the doc did surgery, that had come undone in record time.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• maxie
              maxie commented
              Editing a comment
              A cab sounds great! Door to door for sure...

• karlinann
              karlinann commented
              Editing a comment
              Uber maybe?

I agree! Door to door!

Comment

Hey All! It's a sunny windy warm day here. Lovin' it! I finally feel human today. Taking a do-nothing day was good for me.

OK, so I didn't exactly do nothing. I worked a couple hours, but I did it slow but sure. Baked off the ladylocks that were already on the pins and made up a cookie platter that a customer ordered earlier in the day. I had Cork take Blaise to karate. No cooking for me. I dozed & finished reading my book. If you are looking for an author that grabs you right away, try Lynn Austin.

Kathy call this morning. She wanted to talk about something. I figured it was to ask for more $$. Nope. Blaise's birth dad contacted Kathy and wants to be part of Blaise's life. Doesn't want custody, just some visitation and help financially. Yea, right. My immediate response was going to be NO, but I told her I'd think about it & pray about it. I just don't want him to hurt Blaise, but then again, Kathy does a good enough job of that herself w/o realizing it. They both have matured. He's now 26 or 27, and has a steady girlfriend. He hasn't seen or spoken to Blaise since his 2nd birthday party and he's going to be 9 here in a month. My stomach was feeling better until that bomb was dropped in my lap. I'm praying for wisdom & peace. And for Blaise's little heart & mind.

I had to run into town to do a few errands & get some groceries. Now to get everything put away and get some laundry started. I've done nothing super productive house wise in the last few days.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Cookie, maybe the young man has matured, finally. However, he would be a stranger to Blaise now, wouldn’t he? Would Blaise call him *Dad*, or just address him by his first name like a family friend?
                You may want a private visit with him first, talk about his intentions and your concerns about Blaise, since he hasn’t been part of Blaise’s life all those years.

Do you have any legal paperwork that defines the young man’s rights? Do you need to talk to a lawyer to find out that information, in case he changes his mind? Does Blaise still see a counselor that you can contact for a professional opinion?

You have been the real foundation of Blaise’s life from the start.
                Just some things to consider.
                You will all be in my heartfelt thoughts as you go through this.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                X