Tuesday, April 02

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday, April 02

Good morning Rounders! Way to go JoGee! I suppose all the Kismet we've been putting out there for you is paying off. I'm so glad. Your E sounds like a hoot. My DH is witty and is always trying to make someone laugh. I think that was one thing that attracted me to him was the fact that he made me laugh.

Well, yesterday was gloomy all day and I really don't think I could survive in a place where the sun never shone.

I've seen the neighbors bringing in the truckloads of mulch to put down in their landscape. It must mean that Lowe's has their $1 bag of mulch sale. They only do that price once a year. I'm not putting down mulch this year because it covers up the flower seeds and they cannot sprout. I put down heavy mulch last year.

Paula, if you want to copy graphics for the kids check out thegraphicsfairy.com. She has so many neat graphics.

I'm reading a Ken Follet book right now and it is pretty good.

Here's hoping we all see the sun today. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning....work today then I am undecided. My mom would love for me to come to my sisters and help in the yard...They have some major projects going over there. I am honestly undecided....Yard work is not my favorite thing and giving up my down time on a Tuesday one of the busiest days of the week at work is not a favorite thing either...I am sending my bag with them with work clothes then I can decide after work. Dad isn't having to pick me up so it will make it easier on me if I decide to just stay home.

Dinner last night was so good and I was so proud...I cooked all of it from start to finish. I made hamburger stroganoff....and brownies....Tonight I am not cooking its left over night and frozen pizza. They are all planning to work til dark.

Off to work I go! Everyone have a good day!

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Beth I love this big type. I can read it.

Good SUNNY Morning!

It was a relief to finally get my taxes done. To know where I stand. I did work on the two cookie doughs I already had mixed up & in the refrig from last week. Got the sandwich cookies baked off & the ladylocks are already on the pins & just need baked. I just felt lousy all day. Took Blaise to karate. We got home a little before 8pm. Got my jammies on and sat in my recliner the rest of the evening dozing off & on. Thought a really good nights sleep would do the trip. It didn't. I was up once thinking I was going to throw up. If only I could, I think I'd feel better.

This morning I called Sandy & told her I wouldn't be coming to sort eyeglasses. I just need a down day. I will get the LL baked off, but that's all. I'm going to ask Cork to take Blaise to karate.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good sunny morning...wish it warm up enough for me to sit out but at east it is not freezing. Watched the Cards play in Pittsburgh yesterday and it was in the 30s for those guys. They won in extra innings and the Blues won in a shoot off! Good day for sports! Blues have moved into second place in our division and are fighting for home ice advantage when the playoffs start. Do not now the baseball schedule for today but Blues play tomorrow night.

Last night with the game running into extra innings I was late with supper. Andrew was in flipping pancakes and Jon fried sausage while I had scrambled eggs in the microwave. Then they sat at the table and ate every bite of food. I normally have enough eggs left to save for Sierra but they licked the bowls. AND very few April Fool jokes. Think the kid was to hungry. Jon was going to grill tonight but I need a faster meal so will make hamburger stroganoff which I can have ready. She is at her internship today then will go on to McD's after eating so need something I can have ready.

Yesterday before the games I ran the vac and cleaned the bathroom. Cleared the table of somebody's junk and unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher....just in case you think all I do is sit and watch sports although that is really not a bad way to spend my day! Today I need to run to the grocery and then pick up a scribt for Sierra. Need to remember to pick up a birthday card for Scott. Will start a load of laundry, While on the phone with my sister I was poking around the garden and the clematis is getting green. I still have a flower pot and yard ornament in the car that I bought last week on our shopping trip. Wish we could get started outside and paint and clean up the yard. But then I also want the temps in the 90s. So tired of being cold...turned on my bed last night cuz I was cold!

Jo, good news! Hope you can relax and start to feel better. Sometimes having worry off your mind makes you feel better. Karlinann was wondering about Lowe's mulch sale. I mulch along the fence. Plants are coming out and if I go buy mulch I will want to buy plants. Saw a couple of little birds carrying nesting material. Those birdies are going to need a fireplace in that nest! But I do need to get the bird house dug out. Getting close!!!

Need to get moving and start the day. Have a wonderful day!!

Comment

good morning! It will be rainy here and not sure if it will be an outside day or not. I sure hope we can get out there. It really helps to run and get some fresh air.

It is my youngest brother's birthday. I texted him a happy birthday message and he texted right back. So he is home and not flying and he was surprised at how early I was up. It was 5:30 and I had been up since 4:50. I just need and like my morning time to get ready and really wake up to the day!

I cooked a turkey breast yesterday and sliced it this morning for easy eating. We both like it on our salads and in sandwiches.

I had a good visit from the plumber yesterday.. Egg shells had clogged the disposal and it did not need to be replaced, just cleaned out.
      So that is over and we can get ready for the next break down (hopefully if I am ready it will not happen!).
      I have two plumbers I use and both businesses are good and honest.

I amgoing to go check the yard and open the daycare. yesterday my one Holy Terror toddler reached up and pulled the door lever handle...so no using just the security screen door, no open up the door and let in a lot of warm and sunny air. At least I have windows on two sides of that room, but it sure gave me start to see him reach up and pull that handle!

I am so happy to read your results, Jo. And to give a big sigh of relief with you. What an awesome doctor you have.
      Beth, maybe you can go and tell your family what the yard jobs you are willing and able to do after such a hard day at work. Family time is special while we have them, but I know how I feel after a stressful day of work.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Comment

• karlinann
        karlinann commented
        Editing a comment
        I can't believe that egg shells clogged the disposal, but anything is possible. One time I thought our disposal was messed up, but all I had to do is reset it. There is a reset button somewhere under the sink and sometimes it throws that button.

Good morning to all.
      Yes, I do believe that the RT Kismet is working for me! Thanks so much, again. We were so glad to get all that stuff sorted out.
      Plus another problem from 2 weeks ago addressed. I didn’t realize that there are managing nurses in the hospitals who keep things running smoothly....a team of them. My port nurse yesterday heard how I nearly didn’t get my labs done for my last appointment because they didn’t take me immediately at appointment time, actually locked me out when I tried to find out when I’d get the draw. ((it was done 1/2 hr late by a nurse from another section who said she noticed I was waiting too long, so she took me to her department and did the draw so I wouldn’t be late seeing a doctor)). The nurse in charge came by and quickly wrote down the details and promised such a thing should never have happened, and it won’t ever occur again. The big deal is that after the blood draw, the needle is left in....just in case I have to go for an infusion. They remove the needle before I leave the hospital. But the doc wants the needle in place just in case.

Anyway, that call I had last week suggesting the cancer might have returned was actually mid-said. My lab results is all in “normal” limits, excepting the premature blood cells which is still in minor stages again, but is being controlled by meds quite successfully. And the side effects are being considered more seriously. But bottom line is that all is still well. Such a relief!!!

Karlinann, the laughter and humor is what strongly attracted me to E. He can be a laugh a minute. But as I have the same kind of humor, he gets returns from me that crack him up. It’s a 2-way street.

Today we will do the shopping that wasn’t done yesterday. E wants to go to a movie, which is fine with me. We haven’t been in a while.

Cookie, take care of yourself. The virus’ going around are terrible this year. Get plenty of rest when you can. And keep hydrated.

Hi Maxie, Beth, Paula, Aunt Maye, Jostoy, and others
      Have a beautiful day. ☀️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Karlinann, I do not know that I have ever seen a cleome or recognized it for what it was....a gorgeous plant! Looks like a wild flower. It would look great in and among my shrubs. The dwarf lilac is full of buds and should be beautiful again this spring. Lowes around here sells mulch on sale for 10 for $10. I was hoping they did the same this year.

Brought in the pot and yard ornament I bought last week when I hauled in groceries this morning. The ornament is a metal windmill and it was really spinning when I was trying to carry it. Got them at At Home...love that store. Going to put the pot on the porch. Laundry is finished and forgot to start the dishwasher so it is running now. Ironed her work shirts. No games of any type today so it a boring afternoon. Had to find a jacket because I got a chill.

So glad you received good news Jo. Cookie I heard people are having a hard time getting over these winter bouts of sickness... that it comes back. Sierra says bronchitis is going around. Allergies are kicking in. Personally I'd rather have a sunburn! LOL...!

Comment

Working...
        X