Saturday, March 30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday, March 30

Good morning all you lovely peeps! Post Op day 2. Ice packs, pain med, water, Oh My! It's going great here and yesterday DH had a visit from a nurse who was following up on his PCP's increase in Metformin. It's through his insurance and I think it's great. That nurse was a Godsend. Not only was he caring and compassionate, but he went above and beyond the call of duty and helped me remove the boot, it has to be removed once a day to examine the dressing and make sure there is no bleeding, drainage with a foul odor, etc. He helped me put the boot back on and I was so thankful he was here to do that. He also went to our Pharmacy to pick up a Rx for DH and that was really above and beyond. I sent a very positive email to his boss. Great Nurse!

We are sleeping in the same pattern now and DH is down to one pain pill every 4 hrs. Yes, we had bkfst at 4 am again. I feel as if I'll be losing weight cuz I'm constantly busy when he is awake. Oh, btw, yesterday morning I stumbled on the threshold and it hurt so bad, but when the pain stopped I felt like something was adjusted in my Sciatic leg. Maybe an adjustment is what I need. I have the number for a good Chiropractor. There is hope.

I am glad we practiced the pivoting before the Sx. He is doing well with all the maneuvers. Gotta go! Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning! Looks like it's going to be another wet & dreary one here today.

Glad things are working out KA! That nurse truly was a blessing.

Yesterday was good. Once I got my rear in gear, I worked on finishing up my tax appt prep. I then balance my checkbook for the year with QuickBooks. We have yet to transfer QB to the new computer, so I had to start up the old one, switch the mouse & printer, and work away. The only thing I then needed was last year's taxes for the new accountant. I sorted, cleaned, and pitched a bunch of papers looking for the blast thing. I ended up with 3 empty crates and lots in the garbage. While talking to Cork about this, it finally hit me, DUH, it wasn't lost, I was looking for the wrong year. This is 2019....was looking for 2018....which is what I thought I was looking for....DUH....2018 is the year I'm having done and I NEEDED 2017, which was in my files. I'm so goofy sometimes. Oh well, got lots cleaned & pitched.

Delivered the restaurant's pies & cake. Told the gang it was each for his own for dinner. Took Blaise to karate, then home to relax. What a day!

OH.....I called & chatted with Elaine. It's still to hard for her to come here. She's alive and well. She's replaced the flooring & toilets in all the bathrooms.

This morning we are going to 3 garage sales. Have to stop at the bank first since there is no cash in this house. Will come home & start cooking & cleaning to get ready for tomorrow's company & party. Friends of ours from Bradford are coming for a short visit at lunch time before heading back north. Then cards with the ladies. We are going to celebrate Becca's birthday there since she's one of our players. Normally we have 4 of us, but tomorrow there will be 6. I'm cooking dinner. Let Becca's choose what she wanted me to make.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning..I am headed back to my sisters with my parents today..I am enjoying spending time with my nieces especially the 14 year old...The 17 year old started her new job yesterday we are anxious to see how that went...she will probably sleep alot. I will go back to sleep when I get there....then my niece and I will color in the aldult coloring books and play games and who knows what else we will find to do...I am putting a box of brownie mix in my stuff...

gotta go..

Comment

It is a rainy morning here...been raining since yesterday and getting colder. Spring showers are overrated! Just wet and ugly..heard thunder in the wee hours this morning when I was up changing the smoke detector battery that started beeping. Can you imagine having to get out of a warm bed to find a battery and then make sure you have the right detector?

Last night the Blues played at 6 so I watched them lose then switched to the Cardinals and they won. Heard this morning that even though we lost another team also lost and we clinched a playoff spot! Yeah! Blues are going to the playoffs...still have like 6 games of regular season left then I hope months of playoffs. Hockey will play until June and I hope the Blues do too!! Both my teams play again at the same time tonight but I will watch the Blues and switched back and forth for baseball. Picked up the Blues shirt for Andrew yesterday and he actually was happy. Not much interested in the game though. Last evening in the rain and drizzle my guys made a fire and roasted hot dogs. What a surprise when Drew hands me a roasted hot dog slathered in mustard. It was so good and how nice to be in your own living room watching both hockey and baseball and be handed a hot dog fresh from the fire! He did not leave early with his mom last night and I had not cooked so hot dogs hit the spot!

Today we are heading to the hobby store for that remote control car. I hope we make no more stops but since I am not driving and have begged for this trip I will go where the car goes. But I do not have to be happy with someone else's side trip..ya know? But I will have all the Easter and March and April birthdays taken care of. Then I can concentrate on putting my money in plants. I keep getting ideas..must be what it like living in Karlinanns brain! Only she gets up and does it and I keep sitting and thinking maybe my next idea will be LESS work than the first one I had. LOL!!

How nice to have a nurse come in like that. Lacing and unlacing those darn ole boots is like a puzzle. Is he coming back? Every day will get better. Oh cookie, I always get mixed up with what year I am working in with those taxes but you did clean out a bunch of paper. Beth enjoy your day..with this rain it will be a great day to bake brownies.

Well just got my orders to get dressed..probably means he has places to go to too. Wish the rain would stop while we are out. Have a wonderful day everyone. Baseball and hockey at 6:00 tonight...early jammie night for me!

Comment

• karlinann
          karlinann commented
          Editing a comment
          The nurse was a one time deal. I can do the boot fine, it's just trying to get it on and off without putting DH through too much pain. I will make sure he has his pain med and it's kicked in before taking off that boot.

Good morning, everyone. ☕️

It looks like our daily high temp will be about 80° for a while. In a couple of days the night temps will be in the 50’s. In 10 days we should hit 90°.

E finally called the yard guy. On Friday he will be here and is going to clear the front and back yards of all the weeds, he will be digging out all the roots, then spraying a pre-emergent over it all. Then we give him our firstborn. Actually it will cost a pretty penny. But worth it. He will haul away the gardening pots and excess stuff. I need to salvage my trellis’ for a daughter. I have one decorative and two plain.

Monday I have an appointment with my oncologist/hematologist. I will be letting her know about the report from my cancer doctor. I’ve already talked to E about it, about the wait for the next blood panel for him, don’t we want to catch this sooner than later? And other probabilities. E is staying very positive about it. He keeps me calm. My greatest dread is another possible colostomy. Sometimes they aren’t reliable, though E has figured a few things out. But then dealing with some of the people who aren’t very professional is humiliating. And my torso is already bloated with scar tissue....
        and I’ll stop at that. Ranting is not my usual thing, but I get anxious when stuff like this is full of unknown details.

E is still checking his daily radioactivity. It’s going down, of course. But the “little boy within him” amuses me.

Karlinann, You surely have your hands full til your DH heals. You are very impressive.
        Cookie, be sure to pass on Happy Birthday wishes to Becca. How you accomplish all you do is amazing, too. Thanks for the update on Elaine.
        Beth, I enjoy hearing how much you enjoy your family.

Paula, Maxie, Jostoy, Sharon, everyone ...☀️ Have a great day!
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

I am running behind whchis what happens when we sleep in, but once in awhile it just feels good!

It is sunny out and I am ready for it. There were huge clouds yesterday in the southeast and I was thinking we were going to get another downpour but so far, so good.

Nail appointment, post office to mail a birthday book to my brother and then to a shop for a cleaner cloth that I think I told you all about: uses water and great for glass. same thing the party people are selling without the endless emails.

Food shopping was done yesterday by Becky so today can be some good cleaning and paper pitching just like Donna did. I had done something similar in preparing my taxes, Donna. I had the file for 2017 and thought I was still needing the 2018 to find what I had declared until I finally realized I was doing the 2018...time flies is all I can say!

I have to go across town so need to get going.
          KA, I am so happy to hear things are doing well. that nurse is awesome and I hope he will be available again.
          Jo, I love the things E does: my FL NASA brother (retired now) is the same! Ask him a science type question and be prepared for a paragraph of an explanation.
          Donna, thank youfor calling Elaine. I need to message her or write again.

Enjoy the day and know that I think of you all!

Comment

Paula, I think E and your brother worked in parallel fields. They both deal in aero-science, if not science in general. E tested components for aircraft and missiles. People often asked me what he did.....the best answer I could give was that “he gave IQ tests to smart bombs”. He made badges for his unit quoting that. .
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

What a morning! Drove to St. Louis in the pouring rain and found the Hobby Shop. Picked up the car he wanted but when I went to pay did not have my credit card. They do not take checks so dug around and found the credit card I only use on the internet. Guess they will be calling since it is the first time ever it has been used in a real life store and not Amazon! So get home to call to cancel the card after looking everywhere and I cannot find my cell phone. Jon called it and said it was in my bed..I know, don;t even ask! Credit card is cancelled and the phone is in my pocket and I am frazzled. I know I did not put the card away after using it yesterday which I always do but was rushing around doing errands for the entire crew and stuck it in my pocket. It is probably around here somewhere since no charges were made since I last used it. Now I need to go to walmart and get wrapping paper to get this big car wrapped and out of sight and it is still pouring rain. We stopped at Big Lots and some lady took forever to check out because she could not see or understand and all of us in line were eye rolling. I am not a patient person and having this lost credit card on my mind made me even more impatient. If I were a drinker I would put my jams on and relax with a drink. Jon says he will take me to Walmart before he leaves for the rest of the day and evening so will take him up on that. As long as he stops for my fast food fix. I hate that I get impatient with people who need extra attention but I do and that is the way it is. Type A personality! Boy it is raining out there..who needs this? Games both start at 6:00 and I have my snacks. AHHHHHH!

Comment

• Paula A
                Paula A commented
                Editing a comment
                Ugh. That sick feeling of where is my card?!
                I usually put mine in my pocket when I am getting gas and then forget to put it back in my purse.
                Like the panic I have when I stick a parents check in my pocket and then forget..
                it is not our age, Maxie, it is our super busy schedule. All that thinking and mentally fixing the world’s problems just pushes the mundane to the back burner!
                I hope the games were good!
            Working...
            X