Friday, March 29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday, March 29

Good morning Rounders! The Sx was a success! She was running behind on another Sx and it didn't start until 1:30 and it took 2 hrs instead of her expected one hour. But DH did good she said and she said she found 2 big chunks of bone spur besides the one big one. The Sx Center was very nice, and the nurses and staff were exceptional. We got to bed at 10 pm and slept til 2 am. My man was hungry this morning and we've both had our bkfst already.

I'm so thankful I had help getting him into the house, cuz just as I suspected he was still very groggy from Anesthesia. It's going to be a busy day for me so I've gotta get off here. Peace & Plenty. Oh, and thank all of you for your good thoughts and prayers.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning...glad it went well karlinann.

Work yesterday one word horrible!!! The gi I share my station with called off. I had to run her station and mine and it was busiest day of the week.

I went to dinner with friends it was ok.

The high light of my day getting to hug my parents!!

Comment

Good RAINY Morning!

So glad all went well KA! Now breath. Don't hurt yourself too. You are well prepared and he'll be fine.

I don't remember if I ever posted yesterday. I know I tried a couple times. Morning was good. Went grocery shopping & eventually got everything put away.....then Kathy called. She did get car insurance and need my $$ to get her vehicle inspected. Our regular guy couldn't get it in until next Tue or Wed. Not good. Told her the ball was in her court. She found a place that would take her in immediately, so I drove her vehicle down to her & we went to the place. They were very nice. Her car didn't pass inspection. He brought us out & showed us all that was wrong. Wrote up an estimate...big $$$$$. So we left with no sticker. She called her last ex and ask him where they lick & stick (pass even though it really doesn't pass). So out we went again, but the place was closed. I brought OUR vehicle home, and left her with hers and some money. It's up to her now. By the time I got home, the afternoon was shot & it was time to go out & get Blaise off the bus. I did cook a decent dinner. I spent the last half of the evening reading my book & finished it. I NEVER finish a book in less than a week, but I did this time. I'm enjoying this author. She grabs you right from the beginning.

Today I'm going to try and FINALLY get my tax stuff done & ready for Monday's appt. It's then back into the kitchen to cook & bake. I'm prepping for all the Sunday's fun. Have to get the house picked up too. Karate this evening. Since Blaise isn't going to Kathy's this weekend, I told him maybe we'd stop at Subway and get dinner. We'll see.

Have a good one all!

Comment

So happy to read your results of yesterday, Karlinann! And I agree with donna: take it easy. Go slow and it will all be good. You will probably have some moments that could go south (as we always say) but in those moments if you can find a little humor and laugh a bit, it passes well. There were times maneuvering around the shower area that I got as wet as the one I was helping! And it sure helped me to keep notes on what worked and what did not!

Ugh! any car issues are enough to make me crazy. Our friends who ownshops or work inthem have been such a help through the years. The one who owned a shop is now retired and I have no idea where and I will go if and when I am required to smog a vehicle.

Btw: in your states, wherever you are, is car registration a flat fee (based on year of model) or on a fee decided by weight of the vehicle?
        I have read that FL is a lower fee...is that true, Karlinann? Someone posted that their SUV was going to be 766.00 to register and I know my car went down only a little from $266 to $255 this year and it's a 2015 Chevy Equinox. He posted some other states and their fees but I am not sure where he got his info...Just curious as to the other states. I can see the day that I will not be able to afford to live here!

Today is a no stress day: no appointments and no big errands.
        Our temps said 60 at one point yesterday but we had a chilly wind that made it feel much colder.

Beth, my morning was so bad yesterday that I am determined not to repeat it today. It seemed like everyone who wore a diaper was doing their best to keep me running outside to the garbage and the older one was coughing and sneezing so much I gave him activities to do as far away form the baby as possible. His dad came and picked him up after lunch and they are keeping him home today...if it's not one thing it's another.

I wish you all the Peace and Plenty that Karlinaan wished us so we have it coming from both directions!

Comment

Morning! Glad everything went well with the surgery Karlinann. Things will settle into a routine and hopefully healing will be fast. You will be a great and very prepared nurse.

Yesterday was a wonderful day. Did everything on everyone's list. Spent most of the time with my niece buying some new clothes. She is not a fancy dresser and only buys basics so it was fun seeing her finally put some color into her clothes. My sister got her flower pots at AT HOME. They would not fit in my trunk so the two sitting in the back seat had to hug these two huge pots. Picked up my hockey and baseball tees and decided on baseball for ANdrew since he is not a hockey fan....little brat wants a hockey shirt too. And he shall have one...hockey tees for everyone! Did not see the baseball game yesterday but will tonight. In fact both my teams play today and will overlap. Such a bad problem to have.

Need to run Sierra's computer back to the repair store today. The guy who replaced the battery was new and put the wrong one in. The right one is in and I want to make sure if there are any repercussions that they are responsible. Need bread and milk and whatever then a drive through fast food for my lunch. No cooking tonight since it is Friday but I do have laundry and a sink full of dishes. No one ate here yesterday and still the sink is full of dishes.

I am a little sore from carrying bags and had to drive home in rush hour with heavy rain. We do not need the rain! Jon said the grass boy was here when he got home from work and wanted to know if he was cutting this year...You betcha! Cutting the back yard too. Jon ask him if he would be available to so some other jobs like helping plant the shrubs and rake and seed the side yard. He is all gung ho! He does work for several people in the neighborhood and I guess it gives him spending money. He is autistic and has a speech problem I cannot understand but he and Jon just talk and talk. I am so ready to start planting and getting the yard ornaments out. Still a way to go before the weather will cooperated around here. April in a few days but it can still freeze into April.

Need to shower and do my running so I can get home and start laundry. Gotta be ready for the ball game later this afternoon and hockey tonight. Cards lost the season opener yesterday but had a couple of home runs. Sierra is having a pot luck at her internship today and they can dress in jeans and Cardinal shirts. She ran to walmart and brought cookies.....told her the single person always volunteers for the paper products although Jon always cooks for his potlucks at work. Oh, I hate potlucks and always have. The scouts would do them when the kids were little and the PTO at school. I hated them!! Never any good food left and I was never a big fan of eating strangers food..ya know? There are places I will not eat at and pot lucks was one of them. But this is her first and she seemed ok with it.

I'm going to stop talking and get moving. Have a great day. Enjoy your weekend with your parents Beth. So glad we do not have car inspections in Illinois Cookie, sounds like a hassle. Hope you get Kathy's car on the road quickly.

Comment

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          what ?!
          No smog checks in your state???
          Sign me up!

Good morning! ☕️

Another sunny day in the desert. It’s 48° outside now, but will hit 80° today. I think spring is here to stay.
        E’s stress test went well yesterday, too. He had 2 different doctors for 2 tests. He took his pocket sized Geiger counter with him, and they all had fun seeing how radioactive he was. Boys and their toys! So it took him 2-1/2 hours altogether. Since he was fasting for the test, and ready for brunch. He called and asked which restaurant. I told him the closest one was closing and service wouldn’t be relaxing, so we went to choice #2. He had a big breakfast for lunch. It was halfway to suppertime by then.
        Then we went to Big Lots. They had phone cases on clearance. My case was well cracked, and they had one in that size left. So we got it.

I was tired when we got home. We just had sandwiches for supper later.
        E went into the backyard. All those weeds were in bloom. Wildflowers. He liked the smaller ones, purple, white, and blue mixture, and filled a plastic glass with them for me. They resemble forget-me-nots on stems. I can smell them this morning. Lovely gentle scent.

Nothing much new going on today. I will take the day as it comes. I’m ready to make tuna salad today.

have a great day. ☀️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
        X