Thursday, March 28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday, March 28

Good morning Rounders! I had a cup of coffee after dinner and I still went to bed at 8 pm, got up at 11 and back to bed by midnight and up again at 2:25 am. Oh well. I feel rested. Hey, we got the pain med for DH and I got the eye scrub for my Blepharitis and it was $5 less expensive at Publix. We went out to dinner at the closest Italian place and it was good. We had Zeppolis's for dessert. I had never had them. They are like fried dough with powdered sugar and cinnamon. They are good fresh, but the dough toughens when it gets cold. We had not been to this restaurant for almost 5 years and it has improved, so we will go back there and they have pizza, and they have To Go orders. I had Baked Ziti and brought home half of it. DH had the Chicken Parm and ate it all.

We really got a good rain yesterday morning and all my plants seemed to have perked up by noon. It's amazing how rain makes it all come alive.

We are supposed to be at the Surgery Center at 11 am, so that means we will leave the house at 10:15. It's across town and you have to plan for traffic tie ups.

My fingers and ankles and knees are so stiff and sore and the muscles in my legs are sore, but I bet when I mow the grass again I'll get after it. LOL!

I probably will not get a chance to post again today but I'll be in cyber space tomorrow. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Morning Karlinann...good luck to you and your hubby today. Probably be a long day for you but good thoughts and prayers are being sent to you both.

This is my shopping day and I am looking so forward to it. Plus the Cardinals start the baseball season today in Milwaukee. I am up early since the drive to the mall is a little over an hour and we are meeting for breakfast. Everyone else has already left for the day around here. They are out the door between 5:30 and 6:00AM AND used their inside voices this morning because I slept through their morning rituals. Actually I was counting on using them as an alarm clock and overslept a bit myself with their consideration for once.

Andrew got his glasses and his mom sent a picture. OMG! He looks so much older and they altered his appearance. I am glad he will only wear them for reading and computer work...I like the old Andrew with his little baby face. He is already growing up fast enough!

Gonna get my coffee and hit the shower. No rain over us now and I hope it clears until I get home later. Flood walls are going up in St. Louis. The bridge we take to cross over when we look at the river is closed. Looks like we will be watching conditions from the Illinois side for a while. We are going to St. Louis Saturday but will cross over closer to the city.

Jammed my thumb in the wash machine yesterday and it is so sore this morning. Now it will hurt for several days and act like it is the biggest thing in the world and every touch will hurt. It has been xrayed and is full of arthritis and scar tissue and the reason I had to stop crocheting. I can go months without it bothering me then one thing will set it off. My brother takes shots for his arthritis so I am not complaining about my little ache and pain. Now don't start me on my back and knees...etc...!

Time to get moving. No cooking tonight and I think Jon and Drew are going to his grandpas with the chain saw for repair after school. Guy things! Sierra has been invited to some stupid family dinner at the worthless bfs. His mother invited her...no idea what the occasion is but not much interested either. I should feel bad that I can't stand this kid but I can;t and that is all there is about it. He will always be worthless and it will never be his fault...nothing ever is. Got my own problems with my sore thumb!

Karlinann you will be in my thoughts. Tomorrow will be the worst day and then it will be on to recovery!! You are prepared and you have this all under control. Good luck!

Comment

Good morning..will be praying for Karlinann and her hubby.

work today...then dinner at Cracker Barrel with friends. Tonight is the night my parents arrive. Apparently my sister’s mother in law is coming to spend the week as well. So that will mess up some of the plans I wanted to have. Also my sis is leaving huge to do list for mom dad and Evelyn. I made sure mom knows I have a list too.

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        Good you have a list, Beth. Your sis has her husband and girls to help when they are all home and you need to e the help you can when familycomes.

Good morning, everyone.

Karlinann and her hubby are in my thoughts today. Hope it all goes well. I’m sure it will, with all the prep work you have done.

Today my hubby gets his stress test. Wish I could drive him, but with neuropathic feet I can’t feel the car pedals very well. So he promised to stay and have something for lunch at the hospital before attempting to drive home.

It is currently 51° here, heading to 84°. Though everything looks grey out now, it promises to be a sunny day. I will have plenty to keep me busy here.

Maxie, kids grow so quickly!

Hope you all have a great day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Beth, your comment about your list kind of made me giggle, but honestly, I stand by my comment above.

Good morning. I am so ready for a day closer to the weekend. Not much going on today but more rain. It cleard up nicely yesterday afternoon, but there had been so much rain that we could not go out. Kids do not understand that. The 3 & 4 year old would have been happy to stomp around in the puddles and the toddlers would have been diving in (trust me: not an exaggeration! Ikeep extra clothes for tha t18 month old!)

What does it mean when it says Guest viewing forum? Like regular people can read the RT and everything we are talking about?

Maxie, I use Becky letting the dogs out in the morning as my alarm. If I am still in bed when she is out of the shower she will tell me, but I am usually jup and in the shower.

Your shopping trip sounds wonderful. I don't really need to shop, but a day out with women friends who are paying their own way sounds great! Girl talk and girl shop! And now my ink is black again...

Have a good day, everyone.
        Praying for your DH,Karlinann, and Maye and David as well. When we are so far away from each other that is the one thing we can do.
        Knowing our friends are thinking about us is a comfort I have felt. So I hope you all feel that comfort, too.

Comment

Working...
        X