Wednesday, March 27

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday, March 27

Good morning dear people! Even though I have never laid eyes on any of you I feel as if I know you better than any friend I ever had in my life. Like Aunt Maye says that she reads every word and it helps her to feel connected as if she is in a room full of women. That is a very good feeling to have my friends. Can you imagine a woman living in a remote place like the early settler's in the pioneer days who had to work so hard to keep her home and loved ones fed, clothed, and safe? How she struggled to keep on going in the face of adversity and sometimes felt as if she couldn't go on another day. What a blessing it must have been to her when she met another woman she could exchange ideas with and learn from and teach and converse. You are all a true gift for me, that is for sure.

JoGee, know that we will be praying for you until you find out and we will continue to pray after that. That mean old CA had better get gone. Aunt Maye, I know you have a hard row to hoe right now. Just keep the faith and keep coming here and we will fill you up with encouragement.

I was really exhausted last evening and went to bed early again. I had bad nightmares and got up at 1 am. I may have to take a nap today in order to stay up tonight, fix a late dinner, pick up the pain med Rx, shop for last minute groceries, etc. The list keeps growing. I will have to have another cup of joe towards evening in order to stay up. I don't know why I cannot break this pattern of going to bed early and getting up way too early.

You are not going to believe this but the Cast Iron plants looked better yesterday morning after the transplant. They were greener! I'm not making this up. They were struggling to stay alive under that tree with all the roots and the tree was zapping all the moisture out of the ground, so they were not getting any. Speaking of rain I sure hope we get some soon. It's bone dry around here.

I made a pasta salad and grilled chicken for our dinner and it was good. It seems as if every head of Iceberg lettuce has Rust and I'm still afraid to buy the Romaine, even though they are stocking it again in Aldi's. Guess I'll have to buy the Artisan lettuce, which is more expensive, but you don't have to worry about it making you sick or killing ya.

There is another scare out now about Avocados. Be careful.

Hope all of you have a great day! Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good SUNNY Morning! It's still a chilly one though. Things are starting to dry out around here, but the farmers need it. They still haven't got all of last years corn & soy bean crops in.

Yesterday was good. No biopsy needed. YEA! My BP is still higher than usual. I think it's all this stupid weight gain in the last 3 months. Ran into town to do my banking & then home to start sorting thru all those millions of receipts & papers. Got everything sorted into piles & gum bands around each. Cooked a nice roast beef dinner. It was so tender. Took Blaise to karate. When we got home, we spent time going over his Math papers. I erased half of his answers & we did the problems together. He just needs to take his time, think, & write the answer neatly. This test is going to be on money, and he needs to remember his decimal points. Kind of important. I then spent the rest of the evening reading my new book.

Well I've already put the first fire out for the day. Got an email from the "Apple App Store" telling me about my purchase. Called Discover & told them to not approve this purchase if it comes thru. I went to the official Apple store website & they told me what to look for with a real purchase. That email didn't have all that information. I refuse to respond to it. You really have to watch now a days.

I had planned to go into town today, but late last night I got a cookie order for 4 doz basketball sugar cookies. Will work on those & finish up my tax stuff.

Jo....here is a great big hug for both of you (((((Jo & Ellis)))) I'm so sorry. You NEED to get you family's help with this move. Shoot, my family helped me starting 30 yrs ago and I was young, healthy, and full of energy. This stress is not good for either of you. Just lay your cards on the table. Shame on them if they can't take a few days btw them to help you out. I even had my nieces & nephew helping. That's what family does.

KA...I've been coming here for over 20 yrs. I've moved 6x in that period of time & it was comforting to know I could be with these friends just by plugging in my computer no matter where we moved to.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning! Karlinann I agree with you...this is where I come every morning with my coffee and to start my day. I admit to being very antisocial but I like you ladies and look forward to hearing what you are doing. I like coming back through the day and seeing the comments and conversations. As for pioneer women...I would have never ventured out much further than the Eastern Coast. I would have been a coast hugger! I once had a doctor tell me it was kids like Jon with his ADHD that settled the west. I do not have ADHD but do appreciated the hardships women endured to make a home and raise a family under adversity and without the support of other women.

Today is haircut day and that is always like a holiday. Will get my stew on cooking but can't find the meat so someone did not bring it up from the freezer. Hate digging around on my head down there but that is a hardship I bear..lol! Finally picked up my cupcakes yesterday and the dye in the blue icng leaves everything it touches blue. Andrew and I had blue teeth and lips! Nice look on a 12 year old not so much on a grandma! There was no reason for that so now I have to eat cupcakes and hide at home which when you think about it probably not that bad. The kid and I did agree they were pretty good in spite of turning us blue. Next time I will pick up the pink ones.

Close to 70 today and tomorrow then rain and cooler temps will be back. Things are beginning to turn green. Andrew and those boots of his tracked mud and I think I will have to dig out the vac...normally I use the dist buster but he did a good job. How can you yell at him with that blue grin?

Time to start the day. Need to call my sister and finalize our plans for tomorrow. Appears we all have different directions to go but we never break up since the reason for the trip is being together. It takes a long time for 4 women in Bath and Body to smell our way through but funny how we can get out with some of the same scents in our bags.

Coffee cup is empty and I need to take those basement steps to the freezer. Be nice when the warm weather comes in and the joints thaw out. Jo so sorry to hear about your results. Wish we could chip in and get this move of yours finished up. Karlinann, maybe once the worry of the upcoming surgery is over you will be able to let your mind rest and your sleep will return to normal. Contaminated food and people not vaccinating their kids...what in the world has happened to this country? This younger generation has no idea how things used to be and why diseases are being eradicated. Take care of your kids and protect them with a MMR shot!!!! There another morning another opinion. Have a great day people...

Comment

Good morning....work hasn't been horrible this week..busy but not awful....Starting tomorrow night I will have a house guest and personal driver until next Thursday sometime..My parents are coming over to stay with my nieces my sister and her husband are going to Hawaii for a week. Daddy has decided he would rather stay here with me than have to get up early and drive over to get me every day for work..I have agreed with mom to cook dinner here most nights. She will cook on Saturday and then buy groceries and I will cook the rest of the evenings. I can do my part to help her with everything...she has projects to do at my sisters and my daddy has stuff he wants to do here.

Comment

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          Morning Beth...nice to have family around and have meals with. Glad work is going ok...

Good morning! My son Stuart and his family (in laws and all!) are on their way to Hawaii this morning for a week. They will be staying on the Big Island and will have lots (or little) to do, whatever they want.

those avocados! I have a toddler who brings one quite often for a snack (organic) and her mom texted me to throw it out. I hadn't heard thenews or read it on the news app yet, but it has to do with getting the bacteria from the outer skin to the actual fruit when cutting it..so no avocados here.

The measles case in my county and the area is from an adult who was not vaccinated who caught them from her father. She had visited him in the Phillipines. Everyone in our daycare except the infant who is too young to be vaccinated has had the shot. I had to have it a year ago by the state law...So we are all good, and the baby's mom said he is not going anywhere in public ! Quite a worry right now.

It is doughnut day today. For no reason other than it is Raining again and Becky is taking a package to the PO for me and she asked if I want one. My mom is always up for a doughnut, so it is doughnut day.
        The package is the same dog blanket I sent off last week. We were given the wrong address !? From the REscue??? Anyway, my Priority box came back. I am not sure what I think of that PO in that town: like how many Humane Societies do you have that you cant say, Oh, that is on Fox Island road, not Main St???In my town (14,000) with only one zip code it would be fixed by the PO. that is what my mailman said.
        So, not complaining to the Facebook group who did not know they had a wrong address, but just sighing and thinking of Doughnut Day!

Wish I could share with all of you.
        and while I am wishing,I agree that I wish we could all show up at Jo's and help with boxes and whatever she needs.

Donna, I am amazed (but shouldn't be) that you could round up all those receipts and paperwork in that short of time. I had half the table full of papers, bank papers and check records for a month. Partly because the office kept changing my appointment and I will fill the time with as much work as I have. But it is all in a big file envelope now and labeled with 2018 and as long as nothing is questioned, I ampretty good. I keep all my receipts in case I am audited, but tht is just too awful a stress to think about.
        And yesterday I saw and shared on Facebook that CA is moving to get rid of long cash register recipts and jus tuse e-receipts unless you ask for one. Daycare providers have to have receipts to show our food agency if they ask. And when the Feds do a food check they often ask someone during their audit. Like Prove to us with a receipt that you actually served chicken legs, Paula...I don't serve too many roasts or things that might flag my menus, but they do ask to see that you are buying and serving the right milk (1% for children). so I need those receipts.

I better get up and at 'em, kids! Have a good day and if there is Anything that I can do from here or get to you by mail, let me know.
        Other than that, you are all a bright spot in my day!

Comment

Good morning, everyone.
          Yes, it IS a very nice thing to have a room full of ‘girlfriends’ together when we get up each morning. Maye’s description is perfect. I have not yet filled my morning cup yet, but will when I finish my cereal.

Today is my haircut day, too, Maxie. I am way overdue. I called yesterday, and my hairdresser squeezed my appointment in. She is very good to me. So is her assistant.

Thank you you all for your caring thoughts and prayers. It does mean a lot. Very much so.
          We are getting back on track with the house. E had the car filled up with donations for Goodwill yesterday, and delivered them. I am not sure how close we are ready for the kids to come and help with packing.

We have ave one more interruption ahead, next month. Our youngest girl will be visiting from WA. Her in-laws are about 1-1/2 hrs drive away now. So we will spend about half a week in that area to see her. It’s been a few years since we saw them.

Allergens are very high here, and it’s very dry. No wonder the cough lingers on for us. But my head and throat feel more clear today, so maybe the coughing will stop.

Have a very good day, everyone. ☀️
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Hi again.☕️
            Amazing how much better one feels with a new haircut. Today my hairdresser combined 2 styles. She began with a shag cut, but then smoothed the top over the way I like it. It should be great for finger-combing. I also have the choice of combing it forward or to the back...
            which I do anyway. If she notices I’ve snipped away a bit here or there, she never mentions it.

We went to lunch afterwards, and ordered pancakes, and then free pie to go. It hit the spot. We will have pie with supper tonight. And I brought home half my breakfast for tomorrow. I cannot finish a full meal.

When we pulled up in the driveway, I noticed that our pistach tree is budding all over with new leaves. That really filled me with joy. I was so afraid the tree had died, and it is a costly one. But it’s doing well.
            I would like to think that the clumps of leaves in the central area will soon be home to some birdies. But I think the constructions nearby have cancelled that for a year or three.

It is beautifully warm out today. No evidence of winds. E is napping in his chair. Maybe I can slip in a nap, too, and not bother him. Poor guy has a stress test lined up for tomorrow morning.

☀️
            Last edited by JoGee; 03-27-2019, 07:11 PM.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
            X