Tuesday, March 26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday, March 26

Good morning Rounders! Boy was I stiff and sore from moving those plants and they were under a Live Oak tree, so that meant the LO tree roots were all entangled around them and it was so hard to pull them out of there. I didn't get them all, but I'll try to finish them this morning. I still have to redo the walkway which had to get changed to accommodate these plants. Whew! I'll take an Advil before going out this morning.

I was so wiped out at 6:30 that I went to bed and got back up at 8:30 and watched Magnum PI and The Enemy Within with DH. That was my first Magnum PI show and it is really good. You should def check it out if you haven't already.

I am saving the last minute stuff for tomorrow, like moving some of the chairs away from the dinette set to make room for DH to get his rolling walker to the table. I also will do the pain med Rx pick up on Wednesday and some last minute groceries. Today I will put more bags of ice in the freezer. Yes, we can do this! That is my mantra!

Paula, you are funny. We both talk out loud to the tv all the time. The funniest show I've seen is Selling Mega Mansions. Those real estate agents crack me up. They are so fake and you can tell they have never done a days work in their lives. Oh, they can talk real estate all day long and the women have super model bodies and they pour themselves into those very expensive body hugging dresses for the camera. Oh, and then there is the male counterpart, who you know grew up rich and had everything given to him and probably hung out on the golf course every day of his life. Stop me! I'm cracking up here. But seriously, can't you just picture these people in everyday life? And the buyers...they paint a picture too. Just study them sometime and I'll bet you'll be analyzing them just like me. I rarely watch tv now and I'm so glad I can escape to the garden or to a good book.

Coffee is brewed and is calling my name. Grits, bacon, and coffee, yum! I may not be back until very late today. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good SUNNY Morning! It's a wee bit nippy out there at 27 degrees.

Yesterday was productive. I did bake the 4 carrot cakes and made 12 cream pies. I even got the kitchen cleaned up right before Cork got home. I would do a little bit then reward myself with one game, then go back to work. My mantra is Slow but Sure. Took Blaise to karate. I eventually cooked Cork's pasta dish for his lunches this week.

I had a nice long chat with my "Little Sister" last night. I started with her when she was 9 yo. That poor child heard & saw more by 9yo than I have yet to experience. Dad in & out of jail. Mom tried to commit suicide. Shootings. A completely messed up family. She was in awe of our homes. She had never seen a dishwasher. I took her back to my Mom's place while her Mom was in the hospital. There was 2 baby showers that weekend...mine & my SIL. She had never seen a car in the house (in the garage). There wasn't one fight during either party. No drinking or smoking. We just laughed, joked, and enjoyed each other. Her Mom did the best she could and Danielle did graduate HS. She married one guy & he was a loser, but she ended up with two wonderful boys from him. She eventually married her current husband, and he treats her like gold. She's raising 5 boys now...her 2, his 1, and their 2. She's amazing & I tell her every time how proud I am of her. I don't know if I had any influence on her, but I would hope her seeing our family's life style showed her things could be better. They are talking about moving to Cleveland, OH, so she's only be 2 hrs away from me then.

This morning I have to go back to my GYN for a possible biopsy. I don't think there will be anything to biopsy, which is good. Will come home & start working on my paperwork for taxes. Next Monday is my appointment. I was kind of forced to start sorting yesterday. In PA you have to have your car inspected once a year, and you have to present your car registration & insurance card. Well Kathy's car registration card wasn't in her vehicle. I ask her where it was. She didn't know. She said she didn't know she had to keep it. DUH! When we registered it last fall, I printed off an extra copy just INCASE she lost it. I know my daughter. Good thing I did. Unfortunately the copy was almost clear on the bottom of the box of receipts. I've now taken ANOTHER copy and put it in her car. Thursday she's suppose to finally get car insurance on her vehicle so then we can get it inspected, and then trade vehicles. Get ours back that she's been using for the last 3 months.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning...passing through running later than what I like...texting with mom this morning slowed me down...we were vaccum shopping on Amazon. mine bit the dust.

Have a good day..Leaving hugs for those in need of them...

Comment

Well, nothing changes even with a new computer. Just lost my first morning post! I have no idea what I did but this machine chimed and it was gone. At least I got a pretty chime even though it sounded like funeral music. Which I guess it was since I lost the post.

So I will start over with the abbreviated version...Good Morning! The sun is shining even though it is cold out this morning. 30s beat sub zero so even that is better. But I gotta tell you I am not in the mood for this Christmas smell coming from the wall smellies. Bath and Beauty will be a first stop Thursday.

Yesterday I did not find any cupcakes at the nursery but I ask the gal if she would be able to recommend shrubs and she told me if I took pictures she would help arrange. I do like going home...that is shopping local for me! Jon has admitted he does not know who to cut the last two pieces of step lattice and is considering hiring someone to finish the porch. It is a 30 minute job! Wow, could a Spring project possibly be done and done this year? A miracle!!

Forgot celery so need to run out to walmart this morning. Haircut is tomorrow so need to have a stew in the crockpot in the morning. Today I am going to make my own version of swiss steak and mashed potatoes. May be the only night everyone will be home. Sierra's cold is much better this morning. And Andrew has nicknamed his new glasses 'the losers'. He get them this week and refers to them as the losers...kid cracks me up. But he knows he needs to wear them for computer work and reading.

I have nothing more to say...need to shower and start the day. Laundry was piled high enough to cause an avalanche in the hall. And yet no one saw it or carried it down. No one empties trash cans either but then they seldom hit them with trash. Amazing the tunnel vision in this family! Certainly gives me job security.

Karlinann with her yard work and Cookie with her baking..you ladies are a bundle of energy. Sierra's cold is better this morning but I have a headache. The dwarf lilac and azalea have bitsy leaf buds. Maybe allergies are starting. Have a wonderful day everyone....

Comment

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          I read a report that this will be an awful year for allergies. Not sure if it is for everyone but here in CA it will be!

• karlinann
          karlinann commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, here too.

• karlinann
          karlinann commented
          Editing a comment
          Maxie, I don't know if you like Loropetalum, but it is a purple looking shrub when it blooms in spring and it stays green and purple reddish looking pretty much all year. You can landscape around the foundation with it or make a hedgerow as well. It is fairly inexpensive. Also, the Tea Tree Olive is nice and stays green all year and blooms in spring and winter. These shrubs can be trimmed or left alone. I like Boxwood, but it is expensive and another good landscape bush is Mahonia and there is Bridal Wreath or Spirea. There are all kinds of Spirea and I love them all.

good Tuesday to you all...I had to pause a second to make sure it is Tuesday!
        I wil lhave to find that show, Karlinann, for a few laughs. I watched a couple of episodes on Netflix of Selling Sunset which could be the same agents you described! Women who all look like a bunch of work (no one told them those fish lips are out now). I realized by the second episode it is a story line more about the agents than the listings, and all are in the Hollywood zip codes.

Grits sound so good! I know I have some in the refrigerator, the box. I keep them there to discourage bugs.
        When Gary and I were on a trip back East we ate at a Howard Johnson's every day that was near our hotel. I saw scrapple on the menu board and asked our waitress what it was. She said, Real good! So I ordered it and it was really good. After three days I asked her again what was in it..she said, Oh, you don't want to know. I left it at that, but later saw it at home in the freezer section and took it out and read the back: pork parts, chicken parts...I was glad she didn't tell me all that and I still like to buy it and fry it up a few times a year. Whe I was at Spencer's last October, he loved it when I cooked it for our breakfast. Eggs over easy and scrapple and his ever present hot sauce!

Donna, what a great friend you were to her and what a great turn around in her life by her own strength! And I am sure your influence and the example she saw through the years had a lot to do with how she wanted her life to be.

More rain is coming today. I went out to the garbage and the pool deck is all wet so it has been raining already.

Lots of happy thoughts and prayers for you all coming your way.
        Take care of yourselves and your loved ones.
        Karlinann, you guys sound so ready, that if anything comes up at all, you are in the thought mode to take it on and do it well!

Comment

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          I also read this morning that mosquitoes are going to be horrible because of how wet the winter was. Whatever happened to freezing the little buggers with all the below zero temps we had? Allergies and mosquitoes and yet we still look forward to Spring? I have not thought about a Howard Johnson's in years..another memory.

• karlinann
          karlinann commented
          Editing a comment
          My MIL loved Scrapple and my FIL couldn't stand it and he told me what it was. I understand that Chitlin's is a delicacy, but I sure don't want any of that either. I'm going to go Vegan one of these days. LOL!

Hey there girlie girls. I am finished with my walkway project and it looks amazing. I'm tired to the bone and no Maxie I am not a ball of energy, but I knew this had to be done today or it wouldn't get done for a couple of months and then it will be blue blazin' hot.

I had a visit from my neighbor and she was supposed to pick up her daughter a couple of Saturdays ago and it didn't happen because her daughter's DH had a heart attack and had 4 stents put in. She lives in PA, and the mom rents the house next door. She's a Snowbird. She actually bought a house in this neighborhood, but she was not prepared for the maintenance and she turned around and sold it and sold her house in PA and lives with her daughter and SIL in PA.

The birds were so doggone happy while I was out there raking dirt, pulling out roots, and laying pavers. I bet they couldn't wait for me to get inside so they could start digging in that fresh dirt.
        "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

Good morning.....
          Doing better here, but still coughing some. It’s a big nuisance.
          Just got a call from my cancer doctor’s nurse. My lab marker shows the status of cancer I up one full point. I need my labs redone in early June. I have lost my appetite for breakfast. I am not ready to even think of what is in store for me.

Good of luck to your DH, Karlinann, on his surgery. My DH gets a stress test on Thursday.
          Cookie, it sounds like your little sister is doing well for herself.
          Beth, let us know what kind of vac you get.
          Maxie, a busy day ahead, huh? I hate mosquitos! I guess they thaw out?
          Paula, there’s definitely some allergies at work here. The readings on everything is High.

Well, I guess I’ll see to the laundry today. Also am in desperate need of a haircut. My hairdresser will have a field day.
          Looks like we get high-80’s temps today.

Have a good day. ☀️
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• karlinann
            karlinann commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh, I wish I could wave a magic wand and you two would be cured. I'll tell the Mr. Thank you. Get well.

Thank you, Karlinann.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I love spireas! Last year I saw a fern spirea and it was gorgeous but extremely expensive. I would need 8 to go around the porch. However if we were doing our own labor it would cut the landscaping costs. I have used boxwood but not a huge fan. Whatever I get is something that will require no care and can be cut back with electric shears...wack!

Jo sorry your news was not the greatest. Makes my aches and pains so trivial.

Karlinann I looked into the vac you recommended and there is no dealer around here plus the picture on amazon showed it to be an upright sweeper. I want more of a electric broom like thing to clean the hardwood floors. There is no carpet or area rugs upstairs...carpet is in the cave and he has the electrolux. I am thinking I might be happier with a plain old broom. At least it will get under and around things...just color me old fashioned!

Did my running and ran through DQ and some gal held up the drive through line. I was 2nd car behind her and we waited and waited and when I got to the window the little girl apologized. I commented it was some wait and she said some customers are difficult. Difficult? Cripes it is fast food...why would you make it difficult. If you are that picky then go in or someplace a little classier. Maybe I was just grumpy because I do not like anything coming between me and my fast food. Then the road in front of DQ was closed for work way down the road so I had to drive around. Holy Cow...how hard is it to get fast food? Pretty darn hard for me this morning..

Second load of colored clothes is in the machine and have towels and whites yet. Dishwasher unloaded and reloaded and supper smelling good in the crock. It has warmed into the 40s. Funny how Spring is...it hits the 40s and people are in short sleeves. I need to bring in my winter coat from the car and wash it for next winter. I seldom wear a coat but do carry it with me in the car. We are hearty mid westerners! I did notice the wrapping paper from the birthday gift my sister gave me in December is still in the back seat. Who knows what is under that coat? Hope not a bag of forgotten groceries ..yikes..haven't smelled anything so might be safe. I'll have Andrew vac it tonight and he can haul in the trash.

Time to change laundry loads. Enjoy the afternoon..

Comment

• Paula A
              Paula A commented
              Editing a comment
              One of my daycare friends got a Roomba and it does just what you said you are wanting!
              It does get dead ended and stuck in the bathroom and I think that could be fixed by shutting toe door.
              I would definitely get one if I thought my dogs would not go off at it!
              And if BB and B has a good return policy like Costco and others you could try it out.

Jo, I am sorry for any down turn and know this will be a stress for you until you go in.
            prayers for you!

Comment

Thanks, Paula. Docs are never in a hurry, are they? I will be seeing my oncologist/hematologist on April 1. Maybe she will have words of wisdom for me.
              I hesitate to tell my kids or brother yet. They need not go through agonizing thoughts at this stage. After the follow up test in June, it may likely be my birthday (smack in mid-June) before I know the results. But I will try to not overthink about it in the meantime.

Thank you, too, Maxie.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

good evening, late evening

since David has got himself turned around, night to day.... He slept so much today. that he can't possibly go to bed and sleep all night... so that means he will somehow manage to keep me awake too.... so I too snoozed this afternoon...

have been crocheting up a storm.. Donna got me all that Massive amount of yarn last fall at one of her many yard sales searches. . I am making crib sized afghans,, ( and some are a bit bigger).. will be gift to future great-grandkids... Karen will keep them in the old-fashion Trunk. the trunk was part of my inheritance , the trunk belonged to my Great-grandparents ,fathers side...my son cedar lined it.. I have already given trunk to Karen.. ..

I left David home alone and went for Groceries today.. I don't want him mixing with crowds. he doesn't feel strong enough to do much.. finally got though to leave his pcp a message. I was/am concern because he is not feeling better. no chest pains. just super tired. miracles, of miracles, his pcp called me.. reassure me at his age it is a slow progress to get back to "normal". after this type of heart procedure. I made it back home and he had slept while I was out..( thank goodness)

Karlin , thanks for opening the round table every Day, love reading your post.
                to each of you who posted today.. I read every word.... I finally feel like I was in a room full of women!!..
                I have not felt I could leave David alone. and I have missed even making grease balls for Donna, and chatting for an hour or so.... soooooooooooooooooooooo..... keep posting ladies . I read all of it.
                Jo G.. I will be saying extra prayers for you... and sending many thoughts your way.

Comment

Many thanks, Janet.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                  X