Monday, March 25

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday, March 25

Good morning Rounders! It's 58* going to 80*. Yesterday was such a beautiful day that we decided to go tour the Open Houses in this community just to see what is out there. No, we don't want to move, it's just something to do on a lazy Sunday. So, all the houses we looked at were big, had lot's of storage, and I loved the first one because it had it's own little laundry room instead of it being in the garage. I also loved the Lanai because it was just screened in instead of being vinyl windows with screens. They were all too big and pricey and the HOA fees were high. I did get an idea for a kitchen layout in case we ever have to have work done in the kitchen sink area. We can see that over our kitchen sink there has been a fix around the florescent light. The water pipes are in the attic and it looks as if the ceiling has been repaired at some point. Anyway, this kitchen had little shelves on each side of the walls around the sink that utilized the space wisely and added more storage. I had already been thinking about those shelves and now that I've seen it I know it would work.

It was so good to come back home after those Open Houses. It makes you appreciate what you have even more. Aaghh! A sign of relief.

Guess what? I have my routine yearly eye exam this morning, but I won't get the dilation. I will not be able to drive home if they did that. It messes up my sight for at least 6 hours and I can't stand the light so I refused it. DH is not able to drive.

Only 3 days left until Sx.

Jostoy, it was so good to see your post and to know that you are doing okay.

I was wrong on my count of Fountain Grass. I have 3 transplants that are still alive and I found another one under one of the mother plants. I will wait until the rainy season to transplant that one.

Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning! My goodness KA, you were up at o'dark-dark'-one hundred.

Yesterday I was lazy for the most part. I did run into Aldi's to pick up baking supplies since I'm going to be marooned here all day. Didn't get motivated to start prepping, but the supplies are in nice neat stacks. Started reading a new book.

Got SUPER blessed. The doorbell rang & I thought it was Blaise coming home & goofing around. Opened the door & there was a gentleman in a suit standing there. In our yard is a big sign that lights up. It's local Baptist church's sign & it's been there for 30 yrs. No rent is charged, they just maintain it, changing the thought provoking msg every so often. It was their pastor that came to visit us. He noticed the big pine tree that fell over on Friday, and ask if the church could cut it up & remove it for us. He also offered to take down the two other trees, which I think we'll only have one other tree taken down. The trees are near their sign. They'll cut it up & haul it all away. Thank you Lord!!! We had a very nice chat with him. Cork was feeling overwhelmed with the thought of having to deal with that tree, and I believe my prayers have been answered. God is good!

After I got Blaise on the bus, I took my car down to the garage that will do it's yearly inspection. It's only a quarter mile from our house, so I just walked home. I HOPE to bake 4 carrot cakes & make 12 cream pies....we'll see. My supply got wiped out this weekend. It's a good problem. I've GOT to start working on my taxes this week because my appt is next Monday.

KA...I use to watch those home shows where they renovated houses, and I finally gave up, because they were making me very unhappy with what I've got. Nothing is wrong with what I've got. I just started wanting bigger & better.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• jostoy
      jostoy commented
      Editing a comment
      Cookie, now that was a blessing that you got yesterday. Never know where or when those blessing are going to come from.

Good morning all.

I spent from Tuesday until Friday calling all my "business" about my new up-coming address. Got my direct deposits switched at the new bank. Will follow up with that later today. Still have other phone calls to make.

Never remembered it was such a big process to move. I've been in this house 28 years, and with my "older" age going along with that, I had just forgotten what all had to be done.

Hope everyone has a good day. Also hope you have sunshine to enjoy. Don't think Maxie and I will get the sunshine today.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good morning...praying my mom’s 1030 emergency eye doctor appointment goes well. On Saturday morning Their dog got excited and jumped up on my mom’s blind side. Mom didn’t see her coming at her and Josie accidentally got mom in the eye with her claw. Mom is thankful that it was not in the eye she see out of. We all know it was accidental.

worked out this morning..working today..working out this evening.

Comment

Morning! You get those storms yesterday Jostoy? They went around us for the most part..did get a storm but not that horrendous hail. Looked like it had snowed on those streets!

Up right on time this morning because I need to run home and want to see if I can get in for a haircut. If she can take me she will but if she can't it is no big deal. I keep thinking I should switch my banking here but it is such a hassle and since I also doctor and have other business conducted there I do have to go back. Looks like you never ever really leave home.

I can hear the birds but like Jostoy said, no sun. Talked with my sister yesterday and we both have shopping to do Thursday. Some trips we go just to go but I do need to go the mall this time. She wants to go to AT HOME and look at flower pots and, of course, no trip is complete without a run through Bed Bath and Beyond. I am not a fan of Hobby Lobby and their politics but will go if others want but since we started going to AT Home we can get wreaths and whatever holiday decor we want there so no need to leave money with hypocrites. Told you I have a million opinions!! But a fact is it is suppose to be 70 on our shopping day!!! We were sitting outside yesterday late afternoon and the ice cream truck drove by with its music playing. Not a kid out here but it sure sounded sweet! Jon ask if I remembered if I first moved in how Andrew would come running yelling Gram Gram got any money? Unless the ice cream man took debit card his dad didn;t have enough change to buy anything so my moving in opened a whole new world of ready cash for Drew. I always have cash! No wonder burglars love old people.

Blues play tonight and Jon will cook supper. Going to be a good day! Cookie that was certainly an act of God! Jostoy good to hear from you...take it easy. It is nice to have family around even if they aggravate you sometimes...like these peeps here do. Isn't it amazing the thoughts and ideas you get from viewing others homes? Some people are so cleaver! And others you just have to wonder about...ya know? Karlinann you are always on the go with something. I must be the only one who is done with that sort of stuff. I think if we ever won the lottery I would buy a simple carefree house and hunker down into doing whatever I wanted to do for the rest of my life. Probably not much different than I do now. Maybe a nice place with a finished porch...remember our porch? The one still not finished after how many years have I lived here? Oh well, have a great day people!

Comment

Nor will I get sunshine. It is 49 and already says 90% chance of rain. and the temperatures are going only into the 50's. I am wearing long sleeves and a sweater. It is a hard choice as to what to wear with the baby burps I get (even with using burp cloths, he manages to get me).

But it seems like it will be a good Monday: payday for me from 2 parents and nothing on my to do list that will take me away from home.
          I do want to get out to a shop that my friend told me about. She bought 2 cleaning cloths that just use water. She used them to clean and shine her slider after having family with her for a week when it was rainy and little girls were in and out. Dogs and kids had smudges all over her door. (Mine is like that all the time!) She said using the two cloths made her glass door sparkle! I need to go and get those cloths.
          The best thing is they aren't bought at a party! You may have already bought something form Norwex but I have resisted going to a cleaning party. Until Marcia told me how well these worked, I was just not interested. so, this is a total Win/Win. Good product; no party.
          I am ot anti-social, just anti pressure to buy!

The sloppy joe's looked and smelled wonderful. the macaroni salad, too. I thought the Texas sheet cake was ok, but I want to make one with buttermilk, the way I always do. Becky used a recipe that calls for sour cream which we had a lot on hand. Buttermilk would have meant another trip to the store and I had seen a lot of recipes that use it in the sheet cake recipes. The one I originally got from a lady in 1972 said buttermilk and margarine so that is what I used up until the last few years when I started using butter instead of margarine. I was working during the summer at a rest home and a patient's DIL brought it in for the staff. I remember making it for my grandmother who thought it was all wrong to put a cake in a jelly roll pan and then bake for only 20 minutes! Nana always made a two layer cake from scratch and nothing else was quite up to her standards. But that Texas sheet cake has been a family favorite when I got married and started making it for us.

Jostoy, I hope most of the change over to the new house stuff is done or almost done. Wish we could see some pictures.
          Donna, I used to take country Living magazine and stopped finally for the same reason you said: I realized on a teacher's salary lI was not going to have one of those houses. I do still enjoy watching the real estate shows, but just as entertainment and wondering What do these people do that they can buy that?! Or the other thought is Why are homes so much cheaper there?

That minister was the answer to your prayers, Donna! Such a blessing!

I hope we all have a day to review and know how we are blessed!
          If it isn't outside, let there be sunshine in your heart!

Comment

• karlinann
            karlinann commented
            Editing a comment
            I cannot stand to watch the flip shows anymore. I'm surprised that people don't injure themselves more. OMG! And I too have wondered how these people can afford to buy Islands. How can people have so much money to spend? Maybe they play the stock market?

• maxie
            maxie commented
            Editing a comment
            I have also wondered how they afford all those updates when remodeling and my son pointed out that maybe that stuff is donated by companies for advertisement? Makes sense because we have priced some of those things and mama mia, who can afford all that plus demo charges?

Well, so much for doing my running. Cannot get my hair cut today since she has an orthodontist appointment for her daughter so made that for Wednesday. Still will run home to bank since I have 3 kiddies birthday cards to get filled and mailed...I am a little late with those. Still no sun and it is cold again. Windy and cold seems to be my life! The fruit market/nursery carries bakery products from a near by bakery so will check if they any cupcakes...Andrew loves their bread so will pick up a loaf of that anyway. I did make a couple of calls this morning so the day has not been a loss. Reordered scribts and checked with the bank before I went looking for something that hadn't been deposited yet.

You ladies are such power houses with energy and I just plod along. My theme song seems to be 'Those were the days'.

Comment

Now I have a different song in my head, Maxie. Thanks!
            i mean it; Baby Shark just gets old!
            and besides the homes on those shows: acation homes! Some will say they are renting them out part time but some are flat out buying beach homes for weekends away.
            the other thing I wonder is Where did you sell ( some high priced area) and now you have a bundle to put down or buy. Or, who died and left it to you?
            i know, cynical. And a bit crazy because I actually ask and saytbese things out loud to the tv!

Comment

Working...
            X