Sunday, March 24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday, March 24

Good morning Rounders! Yesterday was absolutely beautiful. We went shopping at Aldi's and bought a few groceries and a big cheese pizza. I added pepperoni to the pizza and that was lunch, dinner plus a salad, and there is still pizza left. We sat outside and read for awhile. I know this spring weather won't last too much longer and then it will just be hot.

I didn't see any seeds coming up around the mailbox, so I planted some Morning Glories and some Forget Me Nots. If they come up they will be beautiful. I've had really good luck with the FMN seeds, but the MG seeds don't always sprout. We'll see. These are seeds that I saved from last summer's plants.

The Fountain grasses that I transplanted are not all dead. I found 2 with green still on them so there is hope. Our grass is crunchy under my feet so I will not be mowing for a long time. That wind has sure taken it's toll on our lawn. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a slave to grass, but it just looks bad.

I will make spaghetti & meatballs for our dinner. Actually, I already have the meatballs made. Hurrah for me! Have a blessed day everyone. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Morning..rainy out there with storms this afternoon. Goody...looks like icky weather comes in all seasons.
    Never left the house yesterday. Watched baseball in the afternoon and hockey at night. Blues won but not sure about eh Cardinals since I took a little nap in the later innings.

Nothing planned for today...everyone is working so it will be nice and quiet. Maybe take another nap? Andrew's mom texted and Drew is getting reading glasses. Doctor told her he is seeing a huge increase in kids because of the computer use in the schools. Drew has a school provided laptop he carries home every night. I dunno...is all the modern stuff that good? Jon showed me a hilarious thingy on fb about a father timing how long it would take his two teenage sons to figure out how to use a rotary phone. Party lines and phone numbers where the prefix was a word. Our number when I was a kid was Neptune 3442...funny I remember that but have to think about my address here. Anyway you have to wonder how much more advanced can we get? And at the cost of how many pairs of little kids eyes? Maybe we will figure out how to make new eyes too.

We are a way from grass cutting too Karlinann but I did notice some weeds getting green. Have a wonderful day everyone..

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      My grandparent's phone was the one constant number: Lawrence7-3819

Good morning..Bible study and laundry today

Comment

Good morning, Rounders.

Nothing new here. Cannot seem to shake this coughing, yet. Nor can E. *sigh*.
      I need some get-up-and-go today. Have had my share of naps this week, plus some. Got things to get done.

Have a beautiful Sunday. ☀️
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        Take care of yourselves!

• karlinann
        karlinann commented
        Editing a comment
        Do you have any honey? That might tame that cough if you can ingest it.

Good morning! finally a normal Sunday. We are both going at the same time with no extra planning meetings or anything. I love being involved but I also appreciate a normal schedule. We are picking up one of the two ladies. I have to quit calling them elderly: one is only 7 years older than I am!

Karlinann, I love both those flowers you planted. Across the street form our church is a beautiful Morning Glory vine that is huge. I took a picture of it once to remind myself I want to plant one. I will check out the FMN's to see if they grow well in Zone 9 and when to plant.

I made the macaroni salad yesterday for today's shelter meal. We went by the shelter yesterday to borrow a huge pot that I can put the Sloppy Joe mix in for them to serve. It will be easier to transport than filling up big aluminum roaster pans. Becky made a Texas sheet cake and I also bought fruit and oranges (I had those) will round out the meal. Of course, buns, too.
      The church that is hosting the shelter now is an older one, from the 1800's. they have a big lemon tree that no one harvests the lemons! The minister told the shelter staff anyone can pick them. So, I am going to pick some today when we take the food over. they are still perfect, but so many are dropping.

I got to move along here.
      You all take care and enjoy your day!

Comment

Thank you, Maxie & Karlinann. Yes, I’ve been putting honey, or lemon and honey, into my tea all week. So far nothing much has helped.
        With the winds and high allergens, today I’m trying an allergy pill that’s actually safe with my meds. That seems to have relieved maybe half of the coughing, but it has not totally gone away. Never, ever have we had colds to last this long. My nose feels bulbous.
        (What I would really like is a small snifter of a good apricot brandy, but alcohol is so far off my list of acceptable foods!)
        Last edited by JoGee; 03-24-2019, 10:25 AM.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Good Morning! The day started with sun, but the clouds have rolled in. It's suppose to get up to the mid 50's later on.

Yesterday wasn't super productive. We hit up a couple estate sales. Cork was thrilled with the tools he got. I decided to cook one of the roasts I got Friday. That booger took 4 hrs before it was super tender. I gave up after 3 hrs and took a chunk of it for my supper. I was short one Samoa pie for yesterday's orders, so I made up 2 last night. My work is cut out for me this week. My freezer is completely empty of pies & carrot cakes, so I'll be making a bunch of them.

Not sure what today will bring. We went to church & SS. No cards tonight. Don't know when Blaise will be coming home.

Oh....I woke up to a blood curdling scream at 5:30am. It sounded like Blaise, but then it hit me he wasn't here. I was dreaming, but Blaise wasn't in my dream, and nobody in my dream was screaming or had reason to be. I looked over at Cork & apparently it wasn't me, or I would have thought he would have woke up. I was so rattled that I couldn't fall back to sleep for probably 20 minutes. I prayed for Blaise and was waiting for a phone call from Kathy that something had happened to him. Weird.

Have a good one all!

Paula.....hot dog buns are the best way to serve Sloppy Joes. They aren't so messy then & you actually don't use as much meat. Now you may think that's not good, but you consider how much meat falls on their plates & isn't eaten.

Comment

• Paula A
            Paula A commented
            Editing a comment
            Next time I will remember that! Thanks!

Cookie, what a nightmare for you. Hope you find that all is well.
          Thats good thinking on the sloppy joes. I like to use the vertical split hot dog buns. I find the closed bottom keeps things from leaking out.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Good afternoon all.

Well I made it back from F.W. without a broken bone. However, I do have a bruise in my left eyebrow from falling into the house on the ceramic tile. All total, there were 3 falls up there. The first was that night that I got there. My S-I-L and I went to Cracker Barrel for supper and she drove. She has a Yucon that has always been hard for me to get into. Anyway, when we were getting ready to leave, It was raining cats and dogs. When I tried to get in, I thought I had my butt on the seat, but not far enough. I started sliding to the ground still holding onto the door and the dash handle. I ended up on the parking lot on my back and had to turn onto my stomach to get up. Talk about being soaked through and through.

When I managed to get up, my S-I-L said she was going to grab ahold of my drawers to help me in the car. Never knew she had that much strength, but she sure put me in that seat.

Anyway, I did get the house all cleaned and ready for the move on 4/14. It will be so nice to be with family. No more spending Holidays alone. I sure enjoyed holding my great-great nephew. We've waited 40 years to get another boy in the family. He doesn't fuss or cry. Looks just like his sister I think. And she is so loving towards him.

Went to S.S. and Church this morning. Heard a very good sermon and the S.S. lesson was on the Rapture.

Hope all have a good day.
            Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• Paula A
              Paula A commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh, so good to hear from you and thankful you are ok.
              I have a friend with a Yukon and it is always a process to decide which leg I lead with to haul up into it.
          Working...
          X