Saturday, March 23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday, March 23

Good morning Rounders! Paula and Aunt Maye, I'm glad you both posted yesterday. Aunt Maye, what you're going through now is probably the toughest job you've ever had and I pray that you will have strength to carry you through. Many blessings for your soul mate.

We went for DH's preadmission testing and they called him back and he asked if they needed a urine sample and she told him no, so he went to the bathroom and they did need the urine sample after all. So he had to drink 2 cups of water and wait. It didn't take that long, but we were glad to get out of there and go to lunch. The never ending stuffed pasta was so good. I had the mushroom ravioli first and then the stuffed ziti fritta. OMG, they were both delicious. It was a good meal. After lunch we went by the imaging place and he got his chest xray and now he is ready for Sx.

Oh, they told him he should have stopped his vitamins and baby aspirin a week before Sx and his doctor told him 3 days before. So yesterday was his last dose of those. Why can't everybody be on the same page?

The wind is still blowing every day. All those tiny Fountain Grass seedlings I transplanted are dead. I hate it, but it was too risky and I should have just left them where they were until the rainy season. Maybe some more will sprout up this fall.

I am really into that book I told you about yesterday and I read it the whole time we were at that testing center. Good book.

I will go to Aldi's today, although we only need a few things. This is gardening season and I like to see what they have. That is about it for me. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning...work in a panic thinking I forgot my alarm. I must have been dreaming.

Nothing planned for today

Comment

Good morning! I finally got the kitchen cleaned and my shoulder is so sore this morning. I dug out the broom and got into all the cracks and crevices and then gave the woodwork a wipe down. While wiping the cabs I kept getting this red dust until it dawned on me it was koolaid. Andrew drinks a lot of koolaid and spent the winter on a red and orange kick...who would have thought it would spread through the air like that? When Jon got home we went to Ruler and I should go to walmart today but not sure my shoulder will haul anything in. Maybe when he gets home this evening. Yesterday Sierra worked at her internship for 9 hours to get her week hours in then on to Mcd's and worked until 11:00. She stayed with a friend but was home by 6:00 this morning sick. She cannot work 2 jobs and go to school but we cannot talk to her. She thinks she can do anything...But here I am being a negative nelly again. What do I know about life?

I have created a monster with ice cream cones and Andrew. We HAD to stop after groceries for a cone. We HAD to! But what better monster is there to create than an ice cream monster? It was so mild yesterday...not warm but pleasant and same for today. Maybe showers tonight. My sister is planting shrubs around her new house and I am thinking of landscaping but we still have the steps to finish on the porch and then repaint the deck before I plant. I would love to pay a landscaper but am afraid of a very hot summer...last summer we had some very hot days early and a hot summer in general. I have a planting area along the fence in the back that is primarily small flowering shrubs and I need to see if I lost any in the prolonged cold this winter. I am still on the search for a decorative almond tree like my mom had many years ago. Going to order my shrubs from the nursery back home and will ask them. I have bought around here but discovered going back home is the best...they accommodate and it is so nice to have people know you when you are spending money. Not that I have met to many cranky flower people but something about going where you know people or never know who you will run into. Listen to me!...yet I hate the lunches with the school chums and even opted out of last weeks.

Well, need to shower then wait for my sister to call about her turkey adventures. They inherited this pet turkey and it their first farm animal and you'd think she had a new grandbaby. Anyway her husband has been out of town until Sunday and she is on turkey duty...I keep asking her why she thinks I care about her turkey but she calls every morning. How is she going to shop next week and leave the darn bird? I'd tell her she needs to get a life but she just made me a new purse/bag and it is really cute so will stay quiet. But these stories are a hoot...the turkey is tamed and wants to sit in your lap. Never mine for sure...just not a animal person. I know, don't like people or animals and you are wondering who I like. I like the Blues and the Cardinals and both play today. Not one turkey on those teams!!

Have a load of laundry to do today and need to change the wall smellies. All I have are Christmas scents so Bath and Body in a stop on my shopping list for the mall but in the meantime we are going to smell like a Christmas tree.

Have a wonderful day everyone. Maye so good to hear from you...stay strong and take care of yourself. There is not a vacuum dealer around here Karlinann but I am trying to find more info. I love love love Olive Garden...five cheese ziti is my fav.

Comment

Good morning, everyone.

We are still dealing with colds and coughing here. Mine seems to be letting up a little. But we are both worn out with it.

A sunny day ahead, in the mid 70’s again, and slightly warmer tomorrow. I will take that!!!

I was afraid my pistach tree had died. I had never seen it without leaves before this winter. Other trees are filling out with leaves. And here stands my “nude” tree. lol and behold, yesterday I noticed the bottom half of the tree has bright red-orange bunches of leaves scattered through it. The red is new growth! I hope by April that the rest of the tree will fill in. It’s really a lovely tree when it’s full of its leaves.

Nothing much new here. We need to get our energy back and get busy again. Neither of us wanted more than soup again yesterday, but I added macaroni and meat sauce leftovers into tomato soup. E didn’t think he was that hungry, but he ate every drop of it.

So I guess I’ll grab a bowl of cereal this morning. And go on from there.

Hope you all have a great day. ☀️

A pet turkey, Maxie? Does she have little outfits for it, too? LOL.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

good rainy morning, but it's Saturday, so I don't care!

Yes, Maye, it is one of the hardest jobs ever and I widh I were there to sit and relieve you long enough to go to donna's.
          I did not have much relief when I was here with Gary the last year of his life, but I jus tam so thankful I could be here. I had someone come in once and awhile to be in the daycare so I could sit with him. It is a blessing I will always be grateful for that I was able to do. His doctors said he could/should go to a convalescent hospital but his therapist said I was doing fine and he was getting good care at home.

I am rushing out the door for an appointment and then to shop for the food for the shelter sloppy joe's for tomorrow as well as our regular shopping.
          And then just my cleaning that will be fun (?) since I can't go out into the yard.

I will check back after the errands. Love you all!

Comment

Ok. it was 8:22 when posted this morning and now it is 12:49pm PDT (which hope just stays).

Yesterday the church cleaning turned out Great! Because only half jof us were able to get there at that time and meant I could do whatever I wanted...which I normally do, anyway, but it felt easier. The big vacuum was in a closet no one had a key to, so that job will get done by the ones who went this morning. One of the ladies works at a hotel and she really knows how to work fast. I was the only one who had cleaned the church before and all three of the others were super go getters (Becky was one of them) and we were done pretty quickly.

I bought my mom a Dyson for Christmas of 2017, which is only important to know because she waited until Christmas 2018 to tell me it doesn't work right...neither of my brothers were able to get it working and by then it was too late to return to QVC. No one around here works on them and I can try inRedding, but in the meantime, Becky bought her a Dirt Devil like I use in the daycare (my only room with large area rugs and one small room with carpet) and she started fiddling around and took it apart for some reason and now it doesn't work.
            Up to this point my mother has never done anything like that and I am a little worried about it.
            She is now using an OLD Electrolux canister vac we bought when I was a teenager. I did not know she still had it.

WE have a flock of wild turkeys that live on my side of town. They aren't on my street, but the way I drive to most appointments or church or to the PO, I often see them. There are times you have to slow way down for those guys to cross the road.
            I have seen so many videos of kids holding chickens and the chickens acting like pets that I guess a turkey can become a pet, too. Tell your sis if she can start taking it for a walk she should make the news an a video would go viral!

I am boiling eggs for the macaroni salad, then after Becky makes the texas sheet cake I will start on cooking the meat. I forgot two bas of buns so when we do anything later today I will get them at the quick grocery store.
            Walmart had 3 (!) checkers on a Saturday morning! such long lines, but people were quiet and patient in my line. I knew the woman in front of me se we talked a bit; the poor guy behind me had very little in his cart, but for whatever reason did not go to the 20 or less line. And I was hungry! Ready to get into a bag of jerky that was hanging up there, but without scissors I knew I would just end up looking foolish. Not even any drinks I wanted in my line.
            But, when I got home and was bringing in food, my neighbor came up with three crescent roll Reubens! Kind of a mini Reuben. Corned beef, cream cheese, sauerkraut and baked in a crescent roll. Oh My Word. It was so worth being hungry to have that!

One more thing I was going to say aobut not being able to buy regular soda in SF but I remembered I already said it. I bought 2 Diet Cokes at the little store down the road and was glad that I like the taste, in case our crazy governor (who wants a tax on Water!) starts passing more of that stuff around the whole state. He was the Mayor of San Francisco. Gavin Newsom. Live in Fear of that name...

In cleaning out the freezer I found a bag with cookies in it! The melt in your mouth sugar cookies Donna told us about. First, I love frozen cookies. Second, I thought we had sent all the cookies to different events. Third, I don't think we have anything coming up that I need to save these cookies for!

The rain has stopped and it is beautiful out! I have the heat off and the screen door to the back open. It isn't all that warm but I will be cooking and the fresh air makes me feel like Spring is here.

Hope your days are still going well and that Jo an dE are getting better.
            Maye, again, I think of you often as I remember what all is involved with being a caregiver.

Comment

Afternoon! The sun is back to shining...for today. We had SNOW again yesterday.

Yesterday was good. Spent the morning at Sandy's sorting eyeglasses and bagging them up. There were 5 of us, so lots of good talking. Well actually, 3 of us are chatter boxes....LOL! I then had made arrangements to meet a lady to buy a lego set from her. We met at a grocery store close to her. I wanted to shop there because they are having lots of good deals on seafood and roast beef.

When I was waiting for Blaise's bus to come in the afternoon, and started looking at the huge pine tree that the car hit a couple weeks ago. It looked strange. Here that strong winds we were having yesterday knocked the tree over roots & all. My poor husband was not happy. Not about losing the tree, but rather the work it's going to cause him. Hey, at least it didn't fall into the main road that runs along our property. I'm going to call our insurance company Monday just to see what our options are. I'm sure we'll have to pay the $500 deductible and then see if the other guy's insurance will pay to have it removed. Since it was 2 weeks later, they may say it's not their fault. It would be nice if Cork didn't have to do it.

Kathy met me on the way home, so I didn't have to take Blaise the whole way down to her place. Had a nice quiet evening. Did bake a pie for an order today.

This morning Cork & I got up and went to one estate sale before running a couple errands. I got 15 charger plates for $5. They hold 4 doz cookies nicely. After I got all the pies ready for the two restaurants' orders, we delivered them and then went to another estate sale in Saxonburg. The signage was horrible and it was just advertised yesterday. The hours were 7am-3pm. Surprisingly, the place was packed. Gorgeous house. We got there at 1pm, and everything was 50% off by then. I found a clear glass dish perfect for a big pan of lasagna. When I'm ready to quit baking & cooking much, I'll be getting rid of half my household. The house we went to had a nice large kitchen. Nothing fancy about it, but lots of room.

Hope you all are having a good one. I need to call Sharon and see what's up with her.

Comment

Working...
              X