Friday, March 22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday, March 22

Good morning Rounders! The wind blew so hard here yesterday evening. My yard has completely dried up again and we need more rain. That wind blows every day, not as hard as yesterday, but it blows and dries up everything. It's a constant battle.

Today is the day DH goes for his pre Sx testing; chest xray, ekg, blood work. We will go to the Olive Garden for lunch after that.

Yesterday after lunch I went out front armed with a can of Ajax cleanser, a scrub brush, and my stepstool to sit on. I turned the water hose on and started scrubbing the mold off those pretty paver blocks my neighbor gave us last year. I would water 3 pavers and start scrubbing on the first one and by the time I got to the second one it was dried up by the wind. I got most of them done without tiring, but that is hard work for me cuz I have to bend over. I could never work sitting down. They do look better though.

I took DH to our library yesterday so he could pick out some paperbacks that he has not read. I'm reading one of them and it's a good book, The Wrong Man by David Ellis.

Maxie, ATTENTION ~ please read the last post on yesterday's forum I sent about the Riccar vacuum.

I hope you all have a great day ahead of you. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning...both Murray state and University Kentucky won their basketball games yesterday in the NCAA tournament...I am a very happy girl...especially with Murray state!!

Headed out the door to work out in a few minutes. Then on to work...Tonight my nieces are picking me up...I am treating them to dinner. I am pretty excited about that..I don't get to spend much time with them when its just the 3 of us.

Comment

Good morning...will head back to read Karlinann. It was pretty windy here yesterday, too. Seems we have had a lot of wind lately. But it was sunny most of the day. After eating last evening we stopped at the DQ for ice cream cones and then headed toward the river to look. The road we take through the bird sanctuary to go to the lock and dam is closed due to flooding. Not a biggie because that particular road will flood almost every Spring but it is earlier this year. We pulled over and listened to the water run over the road. I love to hear water lapping or running. We would have stayed longer but it was pretty darn cold with that wind blowing over cold water.

Well, people I am up early today with a reason. Today is clean the kitchen day. Since it is Friday I won't cook and the laundry is caught up so the machines are free to wash rugs. I am going to clean the floor and wipe down the walls...shine the appliances. We have finally reached that moment where I am embarrassed with how dirty the kitchen is. Been a while coming but even I have a limit to how much dirt I can ignore.

Cardinals won yesterday and the Blues won last night...good sports day and a reason why the kitchen is so dirty..I'd rather sit and watch sports.

Well gotta get moving and read what Karlinann wrote yesterday and then start my cleaning. Have a great day and enjoy your lunch at Olive Garden. We are ladies shopping next week and that is our lunch stop. Beth, enjoy your nieces.

Comment

Good morning .
        We are still coughing here, otherwise we feel better. Neither of us are able to shake this coughing. It’s a nuisance.
        Neither of us have much of an appetite yet, either. Which is probably why our energy is down as well.

Last night we finally got to see the full moon, but not in its glory. It was very bright, though, so beautiful nonetheless.

Yesterday I did a load of laundry, though. So I accomplished one thing, at least.

Nothing else to report. We will see how today turns out.
        Hope you all have a great day.☀️
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Hello!!!! Would you believe it's been snowing all day & the wind whipping. No accumulation though.

Once I finally got home yesterday after all my morning errors, I did do some more cleaning & all the laundry. Oh...baked 3 pies. The customer that picked up the cherry pie was telling me about a bakery they went to over the weekend that I guess is well known. The only sweet her BF likes is sour cherry pie. He loves mine, but thought they'd try this place since it's suppose to be some big deal. Well he got a small (probably 8" ) cherry pie with lattice top, and she said he was lucky if there were 15 cherries in the whole thing. When I make my pies, I pour the fruit into the pie pan until it's slightly heaping, then season it & cook it. Now when I'm doing masses of them, I don't do that, because I know by eye how much goes in each pie. Guess he'll stay with me!

This morning was eyeglass day. Several of us met at Sandy's and sorted glasses according to Rx then packaged them up. These eyeglasses will then input into a computer so they know what Rx's are available & in what box. Then when a mission group is going & requests glasses, we are the church to contact. Sandy's husband has put up many shelves in their basement to hold all these boxes. Sandy is amazing. She has the newer machine that prints a label for every pair that is neutralized (Rx found). I have the older machine that's printer is dead, so we have to handwrite the label. Last year she sent out over 24,000 pairs of glasses. Sandy does 95% of the neutralizing. Another lady in the church inputs the info. We all do are part. She has a daytime group (us today) and a nighttime group (the working folks) that help her.

Last night I was checking out Lego sets available for sale on FB Marketplace and found a Steeler's FB helmet made from legos still new in the box. I'll give that to Cork for Christmas & it'll be something him & Blaise can do together. I met the lady about a half an hour away from her. Shop N Save has several really good deals, so I told her I'd come her direction. She was willing to come half way, but it worked out better for the both of us. On the way home, I stopped at the café that I bake for, because she still owed me money from 3 weeks ago. While there, she gave me a new order for 5 pies. Guess my work is cut out for me this afternoon.

After karate, I'm taking Blaise to Kathy's for the weekend. She'll bring him home Sunday sometime. It'll be nice to not be on electronic duty...chasing him off of them.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Tgif
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Paula, where are you? Hope you are ok. I feel like a mother hen trying to keep up with her chicks. Cluck! Cluck!
              "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

I am here but got into laundry and trying to put away clothes and fix some food and then the first child was early!

i am on my phone now, so sorry about how it looks.

after daycare we are going to help clean the church s d then to dinner.
                so
                i have to change from my baby burp top to something I can clean in but still look ok to eat out in.
                a diner place that has great burgers. They won the county Munch Madness a few years ago.

Raining and a bit windy. We have every other day rain for a week! Yesterday the lawn got mowed. I had the windows open and we all started sneezing! Pollen time has begun.

My Brother is texting me some beautiful pictures from the Flower and Garden show at Epcot. Some of my favorite flowers, like begonias, became favorites because they are all over Disneyland. It took

me a few years before I realized it...

Donna, the shelter needs a meal this Sunday and I am making your sloppy Joe recipe if I can find it!
                also macaroni salad and fresh fruit. Becky is making a Texas sheet cake.
                A friend had donated money for shelter food so this works out. I will get here earlier tomorrow.

have a good rest of your day!

Comment

good late evening ...

finally stopped being caregiver for 15 min.. needed to catch up with you guys...

this job is harder than it looks... that said,,, I will not give detail.

I miss making grease balls at Donna's.. and I chance to gab

I did start another crib size afghan .. Donna brought all this yard.. I shared with her Mom,my sister, and then have been crocheting ever since.. this new one will be #8. ... and I will still have yarn for at least two more ( and maybe more)
                  I Iove to read , and do that when my hands give out crocheting ..

DAvid is not doing so great ,, the new meds they gave him are meant to help in Prevention of future heart attack. but they also have side effects. making him feel Tired, Coughing. so progress to getting more pep is almost impossible.. If it gets worse, I will call the Cardiologist. he has no chest pain tho' and thats good.

will be in to read as often as I can ..

Comment

Working...
                  X