Wednesday, March 20

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday, March 20

Good morning Rounders! Today is the first day of Spring! Did you hear that Aunt Maye, Maxie, and Cookielady? Maxie I sure hope you have that spring décor out and displayed around the house. Do a little jig while you are walking around today. Put some "spring" in your step. I wish I could send all of you a picture of my idea of spring. It would be filled with flowers of all colors, baby chicks, baby ducks, every kind of candy in the world, green grass, dogwoods, redbuds, peach & apple trees blooming and all the wildflowers that bloom in spring. Are you feeling it yet?

So, my Hyundai runs like a top after that oil change. Now if I could only give it a bath. Hm!

Today is trash day and I've got it out already. Today is also Aldi's shopping day to buy a couple of things. I bought the huge pack of chicken breasts the last trip and divided it up by splitting all the pieces of chicken and I ended up with 10 baggies of chicken. That is a lot of chicken. Good value, but not as good as Cookielady's friend for 69 cents a lb.

I have 2 Sago Palms in the front yard that need moving. For some reason they are not doing well and one has already died of the 3 I planted last year. These may also be dead. They look pitiful. It's a shame because they were the biggest of all the ones I got.

That's about it for me. Be back later. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Morning...work then trimming my kitty's claws..she has started using them on me they are snaggining when she walks...a trip to walmart also..

Work yesterday....not bad but busy crazy!!! The BIG news on that front is that chef wants me to learn a couple new things in the fall. So that I more usable in other areas....not just my station....He wants me to learn cashiering and pizza and I don't know what else...that way he can bump to other places as needed...I am excited and proud of myself.

Have a good day everyone!!

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome!!!

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      Great news Beth!

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Way to go girlie girl!

Good morning from wet and windy Red Bluff! It is our trash day, too, but I have not heard the trucks rumble by, yet.

Karlinann, the redbud is out here. Oxalis, too. Tall, spindly stem with yellow flowers that grow almost like a weed, but one of my favorite first spring flowers to appear. There are a few dogwood trees around town, and they are my favorite from growing up back East.
    I can't wait to get some peonies when I go to my granddaughter's graduation in WA in June. they sell them at their Farmer's Market. Hoping I will be able to get some. Last year I found them at Trader Joe"s.

My probiotic is no longer being sold at my pharmacy and on amazon it is twice the price (100.00 instead of 50.00) so I will be calling the Nutrition store in Redding to find out what they sell. this was one that had to be kept in the frig and it was in capsule form and had a 60 day supply. So that is what I am looking for: live cultures.

This week has a much lighter schedule and almost feels like free time in the evening. No one to cook for, no meetings to attend and no one to take around on errands.
    I have clothes to donate for the truck that comes this Friday. Some books, too.
    I read a short review on a book and then ordered it on eBay. Good thing! Three chapters in and I can tell it is going to be too violent and maybe gory for me. I thought it was about an innocent man who wants to get his story told and breaks out of prison to do it. Not as far as I can see and I have seen enough. good thing it was a cheap book and free shipping.

I have salmon baking for later and the kids wanted grilled cheese and one wanted tuna so she can have a tuna melt or regular tuna sandwich. Rainy day and I am taking it easy!

Hope you have sunshine and take it easy, too!

Comment

Good Morning! Yes sir...yesterday was the last day of winter and today is the first day of spring. Yahoo!!!!! Now if Mother Nature would just catch on. I have had my Spring decorations out since I put the Christmas away. All I need is the warmth of the sun and maybe no rain for a while. Looks wet out there now. I do not Spring clean...I Fall clean...but it is time to get this place opened up and cleaned out. Might make me feel better.

Yesterday I did absolutely nothing. My sister called and we solved all the world problems and even gossiped a but about family members. That took a major part of my morning. Then I had a huge lasagna that needed a long cook so I just did not have time to leave and do my errands. Do not have to cook tonight because Drew is off to the dentist as soon as his big feet get off the bus. Sierra is only home on Wednesdays to eat between day and night classes so looks like everyone will eat whatever they can find or buy. Since I have to pick up groceries this person is leaning toward buying something really bad for me...love fast food!

Wish it was time to worry about plants but have a ways to go. I've been thinking about planting around the porch but do not have many ideas...I do have visions of palms and white rock, hibiscus, warm breezes, sun...cabana boys carrying trays of tall fruity drinks. Oh, wait, that has nothing to do with my landscaping around the front porch but it sure was a nice picture...right? Can you imagine people actually live like that? I am so envious.

Hey Paula and Jo, saw on the news the pictures of the desert in bloom with all the winter rains. That would be worth a trip if you lived close. The poppies looked beautiful...such a glorious sight! Would also like to see the bluebells bloom. My Texas sil sends pics when they bloom and that is a gorgeous sight too. Nature is beautiful but gotta get rid of this darn winter crap first around here.

I truly need to get something done around here. Think I will check out some new kitchen rugs. Need laundry detergent too. Sierra brought in a pair of dress pants that have a flaw in the butt seam. Not enough material for me to gather together and I have no idea what to do with them other than hit the trash basket. It has taken several washes for them to split so cannot return them even though it is obviously a defect. She is looking nice when she leaves for her job and seems to like it. Now that hair!

Also need to check out a new vac for upstairs. Jon has the electrolux for the basement carpet and I have a Shark for the hardwood up here but I am not happy with it's pickup power. Plus it does not go under anything. I need something with a powerful suck for what this crew hauls in. But it has to be something light so I can carry it around. Any ideas?

Well Blues won big time last night and play again tomorrow...playoffs are getting closer. Cardinals opening day in St.Louis is APril 4. Scott normally goes to opening day but they froze last year. We need to pick a family day for a game.

Well again I have fallen into gibberish...off to shower and find my grocery list. Have a great day!!!

Comment

• karlinann
        karlinann commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes you can return the pants. Even after a couple of washes the store should let you return them. If the pants were not defective they wouldn't have flawed at the seam. Take them back and you'll either get an exchange or your money back.

Now about the vacuum. The Riccar SupraLite is what you need. It has powerful suction and it's lightweight. Go online to see where the Riccar vacuums are sold. That little vacuum I've had since 2005. They are the best brand I've ever used.

Good SUNNY Morning!

Yesterday was super productive...for me at least. I had several checks and some cash that I KNEW I had over the weekend. Do you think I could find it? NOOOOO! I prayed & cleaned, prayed & cleaned. Losing something is a good way to get things cleaned up. I finally found it in the front pocket of a hoodie. Whew! House looked pretty tidy....not sparkling though. Maxie...I always say I don't super clean, I just move. Then I clean! I'm more of a slap & tickle kind of cleaner. As long as there are children in the house, I do have to pull out the furniture & couch cushions occasionally and sweep there too.

Speaking of the child, I hit his room hard yesterday. I dumped his toy containers. Pitched some, and selected some to be put up in the attic. I'm tired of have the big storage containers filled with the wrong toys (I had one for legos, cars, tracks, and misc toy). When he cleans, he just throws the stuff in whatever container is closest. Drives me crazy. Now he only has two containers...the misc toys & the lego one. You know what, he didn't even notice.

Last night after karate, I came home and read my book until I finished it at 1245am. Oops! I'm dragging butt this morning.

Today I'm going with my Mom to her Neurology appt...then lunch!

Have a good one all!

Paula...check out Vitacost for your supplements. Pretty reasonable. That's where I get Corky's stuff.

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        I only clean Andrew's room when Scott comes home and sleeps in it. Then I just open drawers and push stuff in! He has a method to his junk and gets upset if I mess with it. Just pull the door shut and save yourself the aggravation. As for Sierra, I just pile her clean clothes on the dresser top and her mail on her desk. She pulls her own door shut!!!

Good morning, peeps. Happy Spring!
      it will hit 82° here today. (Tomorrow, only to 71°). It’s bright and sunny out, but there is a 20% chance of rain, which the weatherman says will just be on the mountains NE of Tucson.
      i hope there won’t be cloud cover to hide the full moon. The last super moon for this year.

E has fallen into the worst of this cold. Mine is hanging on, but I’m taking the store brand of day and night meds to keep it at bay. Otherwise I’d be coughing up a storm.
      The pharmacy told E they don’t carry what the doctor ordered for his chest pains, and he never responded to their message. So E emailed on the hospital records pages a sarcastic comment about wanting to live long enough to take his stress test, and the pains have turned into a constant pressure. That afternoon the doc called in another prescription.
      E had to pick it up along with some milk, though he didn’t feel like it. But I can’t drive anymore. I hate this neuropathy. It puts limits on me.

oh, the younger of the step kids texted us. She can retire in November, and start on building their new house in Texas. She is putting a room in just for us, so we can visit anytime we want for as long as we want. I think her daughter will be living there too and maybe her half-sister as well. We will see.

Back to the present. There still is too much to be done. This cold/flu/whatever isn’t helping things. But at least I’m on the right meds to finally lose the sluggishness I have felt. We are on a soup diet for now. It keeps us hydrated, anyway.

* karlinann, you sound like you’re all set for Easter, in the picture you painted for us. So I’m going to get my jellybeans out now.
      * Beth, good going! Congratulations on moving up a bit at work. Yay!
      * Paula, sounds like a good day there, rain or not! I think I’ll mix up some tuna salad. Sounds good.
      * Maxi, yes, it’s a good time to look for wildflowers here. Hope we get a chance to see them. Not so much on the highways any more, but open fields should have them.
      * Cookie, the kid really keeps you on your toes!

Everyone, hope you have a perfect spring day! ☀️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Went to walmart and ended up buying a new computer....may end up returning it too. Suppose to be super easy to set up but I cannot even get the wireless set up. What the heck codes are they talking about and where am I suppose to get them? This is horrible and I am not sure Sierra be much help.,,,we need a geek. When these kids at the store tell you yes it is super easy to set up I think they mean plug it in and turn it on but nooooooo..they mean get a guy with a degree in computer science. So I am totally aggravated and a little p***ed off.

As for her pants...turns out they are a pretty old pair so I got on line and ordered her another pair. Since they are not available in the store they will not ship to the store so I had to pay $8.95 shipping. Naturally I could not take that lying down and had to let someone know that was ridiculous. So I live chatted with some guy named Victor and he removed the shipping charges! I was so surprised! Thought I was just going to blow off steam but got results.

So I have had a good day and a bad day and I am really upset over this not being so easy and why do they expect us to now all these security codes and stuff? aren't I just suppose to pay the darn bill and they do the rest?

Guess I'll use this old computer for a long time!

Comment

• karlinann
          karlinann commented
          Editing a comment
          You should have a Wireless code given to you by your cable company or they should be able to help you set it up. If it's off your phone you will have to contact your phone carrier. Good luck and don't give up. It helps to be a bit pushy sometimes huh?

Sierra got up and hooked me right up to the internet. She knew the code. Then she tried to get my email account and I didn't now the password and she ask for a new one and they froze everything as a safety or something to make sure I am who I am. OMG! This is ridiculous but she said she would finish up setting it up tomorrow. We will see. I just get so aggravated that I can't do these things but then I don't want to learn to do these things so it is my own fault. What is easy for a kid is impossible for old ladies....

Update: Sierra sat down and finished getting me set up. Since I didnt know any passwords she set up new ones and then put them in my phone so I will have them handy. I am a happy camper!
        Last edited by maxie; 03-20-2019, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X