Tuesday, March 19

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday, March 19

Good morning Rounders! Sometimes I have trouble posting in the font size and color that I set. It reverts back to the tiny font, which I can barely see, so I have to highlight it and then change the setting.

I am sure that 2 of the Poinsettia's are going to make it. They got nipped by the frost, plus the shock from me moving them, but at least 2 are getting new growth and they will look amazing in the front garden. In the front of our house there is a planting bed that swoops around in a circular pattern from one corner of the house to the other. It goes around about 6 ft and I have big Cacti, 3 Lime trees, one Nandina, 5 Agave's, one Palm, Vinca, some type of succulent, Rose Queen Cleome, and some Asparagus Fern. When it all gets mature the whole front of our house will look differently, but right now that is what we have. I have the nice big pavers circling all of that garden area and it looks decent and I've gotten several compliments on it. It's good bones right now, but when the plants, bushes, and trees mature it will be nice all year round.

This morning I have an early appt. for an oil change. The light came on Sunday when I went grocery shopping. The place is really close to home and it should not take too long. I also have laundry to do. I'm glad I watched the Hallmark Channel yesterday. They had an Irish chef on and he made Mushroom Beef Potato Cakes and that is why I'm going back to Aldi's tomorrow to buy some mushrooms, oh, and that shower spray nozzle I told you about. Anyway, I wrote down the recipe and those MBP Cake's look so good that I'm making that for dinner tomorrow night. Yum! Just go to the Hallmark website and click on Home & Family and see the recipe.

I mowed the lawn yesterday and I was so thankful for all that pre-muscle conditioning work that I had done around the house. It was not too difficult for me, but my leg did hurt the rest of the day. I think my leg would have hurt anyway. This Blackberry winter cold spell has brought on the arthritis pain. The grass is still not fully greened up, but the weeds had to go and it looks so much better.

I'll be back later. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning....First day back to work wasn't bad..it was actually pretty slow...I am dreading today a little bit...the first Tuesday back after a break is always so busy. Tuesdays and Thursdays have been our busiest days of the week all semester.

I think tonight I will look for a new book to read. I have kindle Unlimited. I need to do laundry especially folding so I may try to tackle some of that.

Right now I have a whole hour and 15 minutes before I have to be getting ready for work..I think I will snuggle back down and change my alarms

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Buck up Bucko! You can do this. Remember to smile and it makes everything go better.

Good SUNNY Morning!

Yesterday was good. My niece came & helped me get the eyeglasses cleaned, then find the Rx, and bagged up. It took us 4 hrs to do about 250 pr. There are so many more to do.

Last week I made spaghetti for the first time in probably a month. Well the spaghetti noodles were weird...strange texture & slimmy. I thought maybe I cooked them wrong & didn't rinse them enough. Different brand than usual. Tried again last night & they were still weird, so I dumped the whole pot, and cooked my normal brand. Also pitched the rest of the package of weird noodles. How can you screw up making noodles? I don't like Monday nite karate time....645-730. Better than swim team practices last year....730-900pm.

Not sure what today will bring. Nothing on the schedule but so many options...cleaning, laundry, mixing up cookie doughs, start working on taxes, or maybe grocery shopping. Maybe I'll do a little of each! Karate again tonight, but at least it starts at 515pm. Screws up dinner time, but at least I feel like we have an evening.

Have a good one all!

KA...I need you to come here & landscape. There are huge areas, and I hate gardening.

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      You're so sweet! If you could make my Sciatica to go away I would do it. What are all the eyeglasses for? Lion's Club? Donated? When you first mentioned the eyeglasses I thought it was some type of cookie. LOL!

Good Morning! I know what you mean, Karlinann: if I backspace too much my text goes to the smallest and I have to go back to the font and change the size back.
    Beth, your font and color is great this morning! When my kids were in college,especially the boys, they preferred Tuesday and Thursday full day schedules so they could work on the other days. Spencer worked at a nice hotel and was able to study a lot at work. They were both married for the last two years of college so it really helped them to get two day schedules.

Not much going on here. The friends who brought me dinner brought back more corned beef and cabbage. They had bought it at our Grocery Outlet! I very seldom shop there and decided I better start. It just is not in my neighborhood or "driving track" as I call it. The normal roads I take Everywhere. Out of sight; out of mind, I guess.

I am going out to the daycare as soon as I leave here. I want to rearrange some things. I was looking at the room from a different angle and saw where I can change things and maybe the little ones won't run as much...one can hope.
    We were able to go out earlier yesterday and it will be another nice day for outdoor play again.
    I am loving the nicer days with the longer daylight! After daycare I was able to go out and clean up and rake and even sit for awhile.

I hope you all have a good day. I will be back to read more later.

Comment

Good morning! Hey, I have a landscaping project too! I used to love working in the yard but not anymore. I find I am cut out for more of a supervisory position if you now what I mean. My creative side left right along with the ability to use a shovel and lawn mower.

Well, this morning everyone was up at 5 AM and out of here by 6:00. And since no one has an inside voice I was also up but fooled them because I stayed in bed and watched tv...took a little nap and now am up to start the day. Again the laundry is piled high but the lasagna is oven ready. I do have to grocery shop but don't have to cook tomorrow since Drew goes to the dentist straight from the bus. But the little king wants hamburgers and hot dogs on Thursday. Looks like the 12 year old is planning the meals. Good, another thing I do not have to do.

Karlinann no worry about those chocolate eggs melting around here. Won't be warm enough for a while but even the weather guy laughed last night that there was no winter precipitation in the forecast for an entire week. Maybe winter has broken but last year we went straight from cold into 90* temps. No Spring what so ever last year!

Spring training game this afternoon and Blues play tonight so it is a good day with sun shining. Wonder what brand of spaghetti you used? We have switched to wheat noodles and have had no problem. So happy to not have evening running with kids. I remember having to run with gymnastics and band and whatever else the school thought we needed to do after hours plus homework. Andrew's mom and dad handle any running and thank goodness they either go together or work it out amicably. And our mole is back...well not the same mole because Jon sent him to mole heaven but another is tearing up the backyard. Wish he would move to a pretty yard...give himself more of a challenge is you know what I mean.

Time to shower and get moving. Have a great day...

Comment

Good morning.
        I am still at the end of my cold. E stopped at Urgent Care on the way back from my cancer doctor follow up. They would not give him an antibiotic as they did for me. His cardio doc said he had something else. But his symptoms are the same.
        My cancer doc didn’t shake our hands as usual. He bumped fists with me. And didn’t stay long. He had me set up for another MRI in September. The appointment after that will be an “anniversary “ for this cancer business. We hope not to be here by then. Will have a new set of doctors in Phoenix.
        We got home about dinner time. We were both extremely tired and just went to bed.

Enough about that. So today I get my hair cut. Long overdue.
        Then back home to the old grind.

I think we all have the same trouble with the fonts and colors. I do, too. If you start the next paragraph on the same line as the previous paragraph, you can go back and make the new paragraph, and keep it all in sync. However, I find it doesn’t like to use capitals in some lines, and the apostrophe‘s just all go away.

Well, I need some breakfast and to get E out of bed.
        i can’t drive because my neuropathic feet can’t feel the pedals.
        he just asked me to cancel on my hair appointment. He must be feeling real bad.

we hit 80° today. But not to stay. Mother Nature is such a tease.

☀️
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• karlinann
          karlinann commented
          Editing a comment
          I sure hope you both feel better.

Thank you, Karlinann.

If you were our neighbor, you would hear a cacophony of coughing from our house. E said my voice must be affected, it doesn’t even sound like me. I need to remember to stay hydrated. Bummer. After every 10 oz of liquids, i am running to the bathroom.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
        X