Monday, March 18

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday, March 18

Good morning Rounders! Hope all of you had a good St. Paddy's Day. I went to Aldi's and got the food, but I will have to start going on Wednesday's again. They were out of several of our staples, and this week they are offering a spray shower nozzle that I want to get and install. It has 2 shower heads, one is for a hand sprayer and one is fixed or you can use them both at the same time. That hand held sprayer will be good for DH after Sx and I like to use it all the time.

I bought 2 packs of seeds at Aldi's; Bell Peppers and Sweet Banana Peppers. I sowed them yesterday and I saved enough seeds for my fall garden. I can use them in salads, soups, grilled and the SBP are good pickled for sandwich's. Oh, and let's not forget stuffed peppers. Yum! I also found a boxed Brown Rice product that I will give a try. It says it cooks in 10 minutes and it has no sodium. It's a win-win! Plus it's microwavable!

I also bought a new kind of Tide and I washed a load with it yesterday. It is called Tide Simply Clean & Fresh, and the scent is Gentle Breeze. It is really good and only cost $2.94, but it is a smaller bottle. I have never seen it before, but some of you may have. All I know is that it's new to Aldi's, at least in this size bottle. I think last year I may have seen it in a large bottle size.

I need coffee, so let me hear from all of you today my Rounder family. I'll be back. Peace & Plenty.
    Last edited by karlinann; 03-18-2019, 02:17 AM.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good SUNNY Morning!

KA...Simply Tide has been around here for a few years. I usually get it at Dollar General. I get most of my laundry detergent there. If you sign up for their electronic coupons, you can get some really good deals.

Yesterday was good. I spent the afternoon cooking. I did make the corn beef in my smaller roaster. I added a chunk of regular roast beef in there too. It was done hours before the CB. I just took it out & set it aside. Then about an hour before the CB was done, I added cabbage & potatoes. Gave it about a half an hour, then set the other roast on top of the potatoes to warm back up. I also sautéed some chopped cabbage and added it to potatoes I was cooking for mashed potatoes. All of it was a hit with the card playing crew. I really enjoyed those mashed potatoes. We had fun playing cards.

Later this morning my niece Maddie is coming over & we are going to work on the eyeglasses. Before she comes though, I need to clear off our area and wash the glasses. Karate tonight. Not sure if I'll get anything else done or not.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks anyway Cookielady, but I don't do coupons, and I don't like to shop around because of my limited mobility. I knew I'd seen that bright yellow bottle in Aldi's last year. Huh! I like it though and the size is right for us. I also buy the Tide with Downy and I love it too.

Morning! Up early because people would not let me sleep! How Rude!!!! Sierra is off to her orientation for her internship this morning and left all dressed up and smelling good....wish she would cut that hair but hope when she enters the big girl world she will turn into one. Anyway, she was up early and gone...her dad is off today and has a dentist appointment so he was up early doing something but not leaving because he is still in his cave. So I am up early but will not start in early around here, just have more glumping time this morning.

Yesterday while Karlinann was out and about finding bargains and new products I used the old laundry detergent and did 5 loads of laundry. It is folded and put away too. Today if I do anything it will be cleaning. However, right this minute I am already not inclined toward cleaning anything. If I could stand it I would go on strike...but...I cannot stand the messes. Maybe I can try yelling? But they would just shake it off as what is that crazy old lady yelling about? we are wonderful!..

Jon will fix taco salad tonight and since he is in there I may have him put a lasagna together. Don;t have to cook it right away but it will be ready. Ladies shopping trip has been planned for next week so I have that to look forward to. Weather is suppose to be mild this week and that is nice but they are talking of flooding already along the Missouri River which empties into the Mississippi..going to be a bad flood season.

Well, I got nothing to talk about. That was an eventful trip to Aldi's and I do need laundry detergent. Had been getting it at Big Lots since we use it in tank car size containers and will look for the new Tide. I use Tide with bleach on the white clothes and whatever is on sale for the rest of the laundry. Dawn and Cascade on dishes. And right now someone should be using something on the floors around here, ya know?

Almost my normal time for getting up so think I will start over with another cup of coffee. Blues lost in overtime yesterday but at least picked up a point for the tie. Season is winding down. Can you believe how fast time is moving? This month's bill are coming in and I feel like I just paid last months a few days ago. Think I will put out the Easter tablecloth and runner...bought a bag of fancy foil wrapped eggs and bunnies from Bed Bath and Beyond to fill the basket for the table. Didn't I just finish off the valentine heart?

Have a great day everyone!

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      You gotta eat faster Maxie, especially those chocolates cuz they melt. That's what DH told me to say. I read him all your funny posts. We both get a few good laughs a day and that's what makes the world go around. Keep the laughs coming girl.

Good morning..I am having an off or aspi day is the only way I know how to explain how I am feeling. Not a good thing with it being my first day back to work after spring break.

My start to yesterday was rough...but it ended up really really good. I went to supper with a friend...and ran to walmart with her...and then went on mini road trip with her.

After work I have to have blood work...then the plan was to cook enough food for a few meals..that won't work today...I have a class tonight that I completely forgot I have.

Comment

Good morning!
      have a follow up appointment today with the cancer doctor this morning.
      Will be back to read later.
      ☀️
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        good thoughts!!!!

Good morning! I was thinking this month is going fast but then I looked at the calendar and saw we have two more full weeks!
      I have only a couple of bills that come in at the half way mark; others that are due now I pay at the first so I don't forget (my car is one of them). However, two just seem to take forever to get to the payment center and I try to pay them out as soon as I get the bill and not wait until it is closer to the pay due date...I swear I think these companies do it on purpose to get a late fee. But I'm on to them...

We had a fantastic weekend in every way! Weather made it over the top. We are supposed to get some rain this week, but I am ok because of all the good days we have had. At least that is how I feel now.

the young couple who were visiting were fun and we didn't mind that I gave them their wedding card and $gift$ when they visited. They were married last month so not that late. I did not know they were coming through here but I am really glad I was ready with my card and cash. They are visiting and will end up down in San Francisco for a few days as they end their Spring Break trip.

Today is a nice long but quiet day, meaning only daycare and nothing else planned. Becky volunteers at the shelter on Mondays so she isn't home until after 8:00pm and my evening is free for whatever I want.
      The donation truck is coming through on Friday so there is always that. Always. Where does all this come from?

I had some of the Best corned beef Ever! A friend brought it down and I am going to ask today where they bought it. It was lean and so well flavored. I had bought one last month but it was terrible. Not enough spices and I did not enjoy it at all...I have the leftover cabbage from yesterday's meal ready to warm up and eat today. With whatever I think of...

I hope you all have sunshine and blue skies. Keep planting and you will have such a beautiful scene for all of us to enjoy, Karlinann. And especially when your husband is resting up after the surgery...

Maxie, I forgot what kind of internship Sierra is doing. Around here the interns usually are offered a job afterwards (if they don't decide to go to grad school!)

Enjoy the day!

Comment

Working...
      X