Sunday, March 17 ~ Happy St. Patrick's Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday, March 17 ~ Happy St. Patrick's Day

Good morning Rounders! I am glad you let us know about you JoGee. I was so worried that you hadn't posted. Rest, stay warm, and take care of yourself.

I awoke from a nightmare this morning. I was working as a Unit Secretary again, and my purse went missing. The US has to carry a Sharpie, Highlighter, pencil and ink pen with her all day cuz people borrow them and you will never see your pens/pencils again. Well, it was time to go to work and they were going to admit the patient on my unit, but they sent it to another unit instead. My coworker said she would take care of everything as she was working on that unit and I went to the other unit. I couldn't find my pens/pencils, couldn't find my purse, couldn't find my way out of the building, didn't know where I was, everything was a jumble and some kind of celebration was happening around me. It was total kaos to me and then I went back to where I started and told the coworker I couldn't find my purse and she said, "I have your purse. I found it with Mr. ----'s belongings cuz we transferred him to your unit." Then I woke up. What a nightmare!

I still have a crick in my neck from night before last and my sinuses are still messed up, but I'm ok. DH was up until almost midnight worried about the Sx. The healing process is the longest I've ever heard of and I am concerned also, but I will have to find a way to bolster his spirit cuz he needs this Sx.

Today is Aldi's shopping day. I've decided to buy some extra veggies so I can cook them and put in the freezer for easy meal fixes. I know my time will be limited in the kitchen and I'd like to do that now while it's still cool in the mornings. I can get Zucchini, Eggplant, Spinach & Asparagus and some Red Potatoes. Those all freeze well after cooking. I can make spaghetti sauce too. I'm trying to be as proactive as I can.

I saw the snake yesterday and he has grown a few inches. He was chasing an Anole, (Gecho), and he didn't catch it, but he waited it out for a few minutes then turned and went back into the jungle, (the place behind us). None of the other neighbors like that jungle looking place and they also do not like snakes. Yes!

Our grass still isn't ready to mow and that is fine with me. I'm going to stay inside and be good until the Sx. I cannot afford to compromise myself in any fashion or form. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning...

Comment

Good morning! Neighbors dog is barking so must be time for me to start my day...weather I want to or not! It is a beautifully sunny morning and I do beleive it is warm...or warmer! However, I have a noon hockey game so will not be out in the afternoon sun. I will also not be wearing St. Patrick's green but Blues blue. We won yesterday and are back on course with the season winding down.

Yesterday was a fun day. Only aggravation we had was shoes. Took four stores but he was happy and even had to decide between two pair. When he was little I would have gotten both pair but as an adult size he gets one at a time. He has worn those boots all winter and when he put on his Nikes they were to small...that kid jumped 3 shoe sizes over the winter! I do beleive he is going to be a big foot. I picked the right size jean first time and his mom said he did not need shirts and not to bring home any so we only picked out the ones he really wanted. He also got a new sweatshirt jacket. Traffic was horrible and Jon was losing it with stupid drivers and short stop lights. every nice eating place had waits and we ended at Cracker Barrel which was yummy but not Olive Garden. Actually the stores were not as crowded as the restaurants....we had no problem shopping. Andrew was happy and then came o home with us and he and his dad worked outside for a while. Oh, and did I tell you we also bought a rolling pin for Drew's other sister? We were in Bed Bath and Beyond and he puts this rolling pin in my cart. Well, it was his shopping day!

Today I have the largest laundry basket in the world stuffed full of dirty clothes. Andrew has been bringing in work clothes since he and his dad are clearing shrub behind the fence and his have added to the pile. I see two loads of coloreds and towels. Jon said yesterday we needed to find different meals for next week...Andrew pops up and goes taco salad...ok...spaghetti...ok with me... and lasagna...I'm a hit! His dad slaps his head and accuses me of corrupting the kid with pasta. What? Pasta is not corruptive, it is delish and now both his kids hooked.

Time to get going...
      Happy St. Patricks Day.

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        I live infear of my dogs barking and bothering anyone. At the first peep out of them I open the door and call them in!

I should be posting in green but I am more for Blue for you, maxie, today! go Blues!

I am wearing a Kelly green skirt and a navy and white striped top with a navy cardigan for church and will not be worried about that pinch for not wearing green. No one really does that...

A friend said he is bringing me some corned beef and cabbage today. It is only him and his wife (he does all the cooking) and Becky doesn't like it so I make it only when I have someone to share with. Nice to be the one getting the shared meal. Also nice that my kitchen won't have the cooked cabbage aroma.

a young couple is coming by some time to visit today, so that is one reason I am happy to keep the house smelling clean. They are newlyweds and she used to live here and wants to introduce him. They were married out of state and I am excited to see them and meet him.

church , also a must take time and visit with my mom. Everything has been rush around and appointments lately and we were both in with colds for awhle, so today I told her I would be coming over to catch up. I can only text so much.
      She told me some family things and there is the cutest Instagram video of my niece's two year old saying her a B C's. She is deaf but with hearing aids has some hearing and they are teaching her in ASL as well as encouraging her to speak. They bought a Labradoodle that they are taking to training to be her Deaf service dog.

I love you guys saying I have energy! In full disclosure I have to tell you when I am done with things I go to bed! Early. I also get up kind of early, but I thnk of Donna who goes hours longer than I do and has Blaise at night while I have the blessing that the little kids go home!
      And all the work you guys do really makes me rethink what I can do and what I need to start doing!
      You know the elderly ladies I said I was driving to church???? Oh my gosh! They are both very close to my age! Rather than think of myself as elderly I decided I better reclassify them! They just need a little help in getting around. does that sound better?
      I took one of them, Adele, to checkout the new Ross store we got. It had been pretty well shopped in this first week but we both could see we are going to like it. She is on such a limited budget, I feel really sorry for her She said most of her clothes are either given to her or from the thrift store. She does know how to look for bargains.

Ok, I have to get moving. I am picking Adele up this morning.
      No time for anyting but a banana because I would rather dit with you all for a few minutes than forage through the kitchen. I am going to start doing the mornig smoothie thing again to have a better faster breakfast option for days like this! I had to take Becky to the church for an organization meeting and that takes aobut 20 minutes out of my get ready time.

Love you all! Karlinann, maybe the cooked loquat jam will be better to your system?

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for the Blue...we need all the help we can get. My neighbor has no idea how loud her dog is and she and Jon are friends and I am the only one disturbed so the damn dog gets to bark. Like I said this area is different than any I have lived in...I am a town girl and always will be.

Good SUNNY Morning! I don't think I'll get tired of saying that. When we went out to the car this morning, there was a new dusting of snow on it.

Yesterday was good. Not super productive, but as Blaise says....it's the weekend! I did ice birthday cake which was a carrot cake. They named their girl Victorian...yes, a "n" on the end. Then met Sue and swapped. She bought cookies & she got me chicken. I then headed into town to Sharp Shopper. Got a few really good deals. I cooked a semi decent meal. Of course Blaise had a complaint. I put some butter on the top of the mashed potatoes & he had a gross out fit. I informed him that there was also butter & milk in the potatoes. He ate what was on his plate grudgingly and a lot of applesauce. Thankfully he likes asparagus. Never complains about that. None of the chicken though.

This morning was church & SS. Came home & thought I'd use the recipe for Corned Beef & Cabbage that Paula suggested on FB. Unfortunately it takes 9 hrs in the crockpot, so that idea was ditched. I'm doing it in my small nesco roaster. I also pulled out a small chunk of regular roast beef & put that in there too incase the ladies don't like CB. I'll add cabbage & potatoes later this afternoon. Will take it all to cards tonight. It's going to be my Mom, SIL, & cousin Karen.

Maxie...you mean he hasn't out grown those boots too? I'd pick CB over OG. Chicken & Dumplings and the apples.

JoG….I was worried something happened to E. Didn't he see the Cardiologist? Hope you feel better soon. What did they say was wrong with you?

Have a good one all!

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        We bought the boots a size larger to accommodate winter growing and I think they ran big anyway which meant his boots were too big all winter. They are a worn out mess and he never grew into them...ooops! But now that he has a bigger foot we can get his boots locally and not have to order them. He will get a new pair for his birthday in August. I have to tell you I chuckled all yesterday over the magnets in his hands.

Good morning/afternoon....depending where you are.

Well, my fever broke during the night. But I still feel like he**, pardon my “French”. Just dragged out. I still need more rest, I think. But I’m still coughing, just not constantly now.
      However, E is coughing, too, now.
      Speaking of E, the cardio doc said he’s sure it isn’t SVT. E had it once before and this feels just like it. So he set E up for a stress test. Gave him some prescription.
      Right now he went to pick up our new prescriptions.

Karlinann, that was quite a nightmare. I’d panic if I couldn’t find my purse!
      What is a loquat? I made a fig jam once, it was lemony and delish! E’s friend brought me a large bag full of them.

Maxie, kids do grow fast. In 7th grade I met a guy who was already 6’ tall by 6th grade. He had to carry an ID to get in the movies! I think he looked taller at the Class Reunion, but still string-bean skinny.

Paula, your voice of green & blue is perfect. Ireland’s chosen color is blue, did you know that? I will post Ireland’s facts, if I can find it again. But not today.
      I just got Ina Gardeners recipe for sautéed cabbage. Melt 2 Tablespoons butter in a frying pan. Add I head of chopped cabbage. (Somehow I don’t think the smell is likely to permeate your house, because there’s no steam from cooking in water.)

We aren’t very Irish today. We both are “under the weather” yet. E is wearing a green shirt , and I have my green nightgown on. That’s as far as it goes. We will probably have frozen Chinese dinners tonight. LOL

The pharmacy said E’s doctor never called in his prescription. And I noticed that lately doctors don’t tell you exactly what’s wrong with you. Just “OK, here is a prescription”. Sugar pills? Who knows. Aspirin at best. I can’t take aspirin, and am quick to say so.

Well, Happy St Patrick’s Day to all.
      Beth, I hope you are okay.
      Last edited by JoGee; 03-17-2019, 01:06 PM.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

a loquat is a small egg shaped fruit that is sweet, has all kinds of health benefits and is native to Asia, China, and Japan. It's grown in subtropical regions around the globe and it's prolific here in Central Fl. The seeds are big and remind me of wood beads. One of my other neighbors brought me a gallon bag of them just today and I had to make some jelly with them. I think I can tolerate them better cooked. They cook up quickly and look so delicious. We will have them with corn bread muffins and those pancake mix muffins. Yum! I encourage you to go online and look them up. The Loquat tree has very nice green leaves and they stay green all year. The fruit grows in clusters.
        "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

Thanks. They look a lot like kumquats.
          I think this state is the opposite of tropical weather. I doubt those would grow here.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
          X