Saturday, March 16

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday, March 16

Good morning Rounders! Our phone rang at 12:34. It was a wrong number. We get those all the time. Our phone # is one digit off the number for the county jail. Can you believe it?

I am feeling better this morning in my legs and I didn't have to take an Advil yesterday, but I did hurt all day and dragged this leg around. I just overdid it in the gardening. I cannot afford to do that again with Sx day drawing near.

I posted my Glazed Salmon recipe in the kitchen and it's a quick and easy fix for dinner that is fairly healthy, especially if you serve it with healthy sides like brown rice, wild rice, sautéed veggies, etc.

It starts a cool down today for a couple of nights to finish off Blackberry winter. For the past 2 evenings our AC has kicked on several times and we keep it on 80*, so I will appreciate the cool down. I know that it will be the last cool days for a long time.

After DH's Sx I will start giving him his Lovenox, (blood thinner) injections, one per day. I'm not scared about giving them because the Pharmacist showed me how to do it and I used to give him his allergy shots for years. I never knew I'd be faced with doing all of these things, but if you love someone you will do your best to take care of them.

At the thrift shop yesterday we struck gold. DH found a vinyl covered bassinet pad that can be folded to place under his knee so he can use it in the shower. I found him 4 Hanes T shirts, great condition, all white for summer. All his Tee's were dark colors except for one so this was a great find. We spent $1 for the pad and 20 cents for the T's. Aren't we blessed?

That's about it for me. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Glad you are feeling better Karlinann...now rest up. You certainly are handy to have around. I doubt I could give anyone a shot although I know Jon and Sierra both could. I am a little squeamish when it comes to giving shots (getting shots!), doing blood and changing bandages. I just never had to do that stuff. My husband was a medic in the service and people just took those things to him to handle....even the kids. Now you want an ice pack just call me! I can make you a mean ice pack....

Sun is shining and the dogs are barking. I had not planned on getting up early but today is our shopping date and Drew wants to leave at 10:00. He really has a list of things! His mom picked him up last night and said she was surprised he wanted to shop. Weren't we all!? This will not last long because he will not be able to stand it for long but I am getting lunch at Olive Garden. Jon is off so will handle the driving which will be nice on a Saturday if we go to the big mall.

The neighbor has a very big UHaul truck parked in front of their house. wonder if one of them is leaving? I don;t care...for a young couple they are turning that house into a dump. It drives her mom crazy because she has told me but if I were that embarrassed I would make my kid clean it up. I am not afraid to tell my kids to shape up and clean up. Anyway something is going on next door and I am not interested except for mildly curious...ya know? I also know if you think you have bad neighbors now just wait because you could get even worse ones later. Although I have always had good neighbors and lived in good neighborhoods. But this country living is a different breed of people.

Yesterday I caught up on all the ironing, changed my bed, unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher, did several loads of laundry and cleaned up the kitchen. Big day for housework! However, I did not run the vac or wipe down the walls that need cleaning. i had just forgotten how cleaning up after a boy is so different than cleaning up after a girl. Boys are hard on the woodwork and miss the trash baskets and never use a rug and are big drippers. Boys are the cutest things but the reason I work so hard around here and one boy does not even spend nights here...he just messes here!

Need to shower and get my credit card all shined up and ready for a big day. He is now in a man's size shoe and wants a new belt he can put his own buckle on. Yep, I am rolling my eyes that I have this cowboy booted, belt buckled grandson. I gotta tell you no one in my entire family wears boots or belt buckles...he is a novelty on my side. And who would have ever thought I'd be buying it? Gotta go. Have a great day everyone one of you.
    Last edited by maxie; 03-16-2019, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Good SNOWY Morning! Where in the heck did this stuff come from? There's almost a half an inch already and that's not including the stuff that initially melted because of the warm ground from the last few days.

Yesterday was good. Mom arrived a little after 10am, and we were off to shop. Now our thrift store doesn't have as good of prices as your KA, but I was thrilled with getting Cork 2 pr jeans & Blaise 4 pr jeans all for $8.49. We then went to Boscov's. I returned a pr of pants then we found a nice white (???sweater???) to go over sleeveless tops this summer. I'm buying sizes I thought I'd NEVER buy, but this insulin has made me gain weight around my middle big time and my back. I'm a big ole barrel. Then we checked out the purses. When my Discover card was compromised & had to be reissued, I was given a certificate to get a new purse or wallet up to $100. Mom kept showing me purses, but nothing rang a bell with me. While we were checking out the leather purses, I found one & KNEW that was THEE ONE! Was originally $169 and got it for $90. My SIL called while we were shopping, and so we met her for lunch since she was still in town. Nice! Then it was onto WM & Aldi's for a few things.

The regular school nurse called me while we were shopping. Blaise had been down for a bit with a headache, but otherwise fine. I told her about her sub & what a scare monger she was. The regular nurse & I are about the same age, and unless you are bleeding, puking, or running a fever, you aren't sick or hurt. We laughed.

No cooking dinner for me. Took Blaise to karate & it was hunt for yourself & eat. Blaise was in a good mood. Kathy finally text me late in the evening. She told me I'm making him into the weird kid at school. I need to loosen up. She blames me for how she turned out. Yup...it's always the mothers fault and now since she's not being a real mother to Blaise, I have to take the blame for him too. I was told I need to let him pick out his own clothes. I ask him then if I don't get clothes he likes to wear. He said, "WHAT? Clothes are clothes. I'd just like a few more glow in the dark shirts, and a bullet proof vest." The vest is so he has a super power. I bet she doesn't know he'd also like magnets implanted in his hands so that he can draw things to him.

This morning I slept in. Sue called me & woke me up at 845 which was fine because I had a cake to ice & decorate. Anyways, the store down her way has split ck breasts for $.69/lb and was wondering if I wanted any...heck ya! We are meeting later to exchange. I baked her cookies & she's been picking up bargains for me. Taking a break from karate today. May make something with the chicken I'm getting. Who knows what else I'll get into.

Maxie....you made me laugh this morning. Blaise is a mess master. You tiptoe thru his room or you may step on a lego. I don't just pick up stuff, I take the broom in there & sweep it all into a big pile before starting. I pulled out his dresser the other day, and there was a horde of stuff under & behind it. Dirtball!

Have a good one all!

Comment

Had a response and lost it. Hate when all those good things get lost in cyber space. Loose fingers! Blaise is fine and I love that he wants magnets in his hands. Andrew would want tools for fingers! Kathy has her own problems and she is lucky Blaise has a grandma there raising him. You don;t make kids weird they are born that way...do you think i had anything to do with this cowboy? No way for sure! But here I am off to buy belts and buckles and tennis shoes for Spring. Jeans just because he needs them. Andrew has never said anything about what I have picked out for him. He takes what he wants and I return the rest. So now we are out the door. I am glad his dad will be with us because I will admit that I have a problem with this cowboy stuff and I always need to voice my opinion. I always have an opinion. Not much money but a pocket full of opinions! Poof on Kathy and her opinions. But that is just another of my opinions....

ANd tell Blaise I would love to have a magnet in my hand when hammering a nail. Why do they always move?

Comment

Good morning

right now, a quiet morning ,,, David is sleeping in recliner..Son Mark was here early, so all outside chores are done.
          Took D. out to Library yesterday to pick out some more reading material.. then we went to Groc store. and stock up on necessities . D. wanted to eat at restaruant .. (located same little mall as groc .store).

Should have come home. he was coughing ,full of congestion.. and worrying about not being able to go to sleep...finally convinced him to just watch tv... He really did not need more sleep.. gave him some pills that break up congestion, ,,( had cleared them by the Pharmacist that they mixed with other meds) did the same thing at 1 am this morning , even gave him coffee.. and we pretended it was morning . he leaned back , and fell asleep,,,I left light and Tv on and went to bed. the cough is much better today..... so hoping for a good day for him..

the snow was a surprise a while ago.. but the sun will make short work of it. nice when everything is covered up white,,, covers up every houses junky back yard ...

Maxie you make me feel good.. saying you don't like to cook.. and I will join you at Olive Garden, save me seat.
          Karlinann,,, can feel you pain with sore leg.knees... bodily , Im in pretty fair health, but for the knees.. they are really creaky, and cranky... have to be so careful how I step , climbing stairs up,down, impossible except for the bannisters!.. don't have plans to have any surgery on them... just take ibuprofen.

so hello to you all.. I got to think of what to fix for dinner. probably spag.. as I have sauce made/froze .

Comment

Oh, my gosh! I have lol'd more this morning reading your posts than I can remember.

Karlinann, we used to get wrong numbers all the time for the same names: Pat and Ruth and then for Eric...I finally asked who are you calling for? They told me the full names and I looked them up. they were each so similar to our number. It got to where I would say, No, you want 385-1078 or No, you want 529-1078. I kind of miss those calls now that I stopped using a landline. the one for Eric was a classmate of my kids'. Hmm, the color just went to black.
            But getting wrong numbers for the jail could mean a lot of late night wrong numbers! At least in my town.

I love salmon so I will be going to get your recipe soon.
            and I totally agree: we do that care for our sweet loved ones. I had a daycare child that had a port for chemo that I had to learn how to clean around. And a wound that had to be watched when she could come to daycare. That was in the early days of her cancer when the family was trying to keep their life as normal as possible.

Boys in the bathroom! Need I say more? I had friends with all boys that we visited and I swore I would never let my bathroom smell or look like theirs. It is a struggle and I learned I had to be direct. But they learned and now I am teaching little boys the same thngs. ("Aim for the hole at the back of the toilet.") The license people always checkout your bathroom and the woman always compliments me on how it is clean and smells clean.

I had two boys who suddenly wanted to shop. One got voted Best Dressed and at the itme I was like "I wish it was for Most Studious" but looking back I just think it was funny. And Spencer in college must have been jpretty well dressed. He said he overheard a student referring to him as the well dressed guy...that was his girlfriend at the time and I was a little put out that he was shopping at Nordstrom and I was home shopping at Walmart, but hey, the guy graduated with honors and thank heaven, did not marry that girl. It just wasn't the right mix as his dad would say...

Buckles are very serious cowboy couture around here, maxie. And Agri-Business is too, and a good way to get into college (without having to bribe anyone!)

Donna, purses make me happy and new purses on a bargain (free) price are the best. The next best is getting them on eBay or at the thrift store and I have done both. I have also donated good ones that are no longer the right size or to my liking so I figure it all works out.

I am running late but I have to say the grandson comments today just cracked me up! Blaise is so a regular boy!!! Andrew, too.
            Thanks for sharing all the warmth and humor and your busy lives, Friends!

Comment

Where is JoGee?
              "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

I’m here now. I was coughing all night, and slept away half the day. E took me to Urgent Care. I had a temp of 104.7
                So I am just plain not feeling so good. Still coughing.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                X