Saturday, March 09

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday, March 09

Good morning Rounders! It's 52* going to 82*. Yesterday was exhausting for DH. He always has pain after coming from the foot dr, because they trim his toenails and cut the calluses off his feet, but we also did some Occupational Therapy practice. I wanted to see how we could maneuver the rolling walker thru the house and how he could transition from the walker seat to the toilet, bed, and his recliner. The hardest thing will be getting him into the house from the garage to the Family Room and up into the Dining/Living room, which is a step up into the main house. Yes, the Family Room is a sunken room, or that's what I call it. I moved furniture out of the way and reorganized seating for him once he gets into the house so he will have a place to pivot and sit while I get the Rolling Walker over the thresholds. You would be amazed how much space a little rolling walker takes up. Anyway, we were both so worn out at the end of the day.

The hawk must live nearby cuz I saw him sitting in the top of the Sycamore when I went out to get the mail. There were several crows perched in the same tree. My neighbor has bird feeders in her front yard and it was so neat to hear them chirping and feasting when I went to thank her for the use of her walker. She says the squirrels do not bother the feeders. They destroyed my Eastern Bluebird house last year.

Today I have 2 Rx's to pick up, a quick stop at Aldi's and I may stop at the thrift shop.

Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning..not sure what I am doing up...I am going back to sleep..will be back to read later

Comment

good morning

still here, ... Grandson traveled yesterday,, to spend weekend visiting with his Grandpa ( and me).. David has some drop in visits from male friends.. which was really nice for him... family have been helping!!...

the weekend will a busy one with all family meeting here.at some time or other.. so probably not write again until about Tue.. Monday is Dr. Dr. test, Dr. ...... thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        Glad it is going well with the two of you. Enjoy the family and make sure to take care of yourself.

• karlinann
        karlinann commented
        Editing a comment
        Aunt Maye just let me say that you are missed around here. I'm glad your family is coming together for David. That really does make a difference. Many blessings to David and to you.

Karlinann, those steps are killers. I remember when we first brought Scott home from his surgery and we just looked at the steps to get in. To come in from the back you have the basement steps...to come in from the front you have the front steps and to come in from the side we had one step but it is a mighty high step when you are looking at it from crutches and having to swing yourself up and balance on a step to make the last step up in. Took us a while to figure it out and actually decided it was easier to come up and down the basement on his fanny. At least those steps are carpeted! You are wise to figure this out now. And be prepared to laugh cuz he is gonna get aggravated!!

Well, the temps have warmed up and the snow is melted and it is thundering and raining. We cannot get a break on decent weather. A little warm and a little sun in the same sentence is not that hard when you are Mother Nature so why be a hag about it? Winds are suppose to blow this afternoon with more storms this afternoon. Just hope it doesn't mess with the satellite and my hockey game this afternoon.

Got the results from the blood work and they want me to take fish oil. How come you have to go through this with every new guy? But they do not take no for an answer and I am again going to try to take fish oil. He told me to freeze it before taking...Doesn't it still stay fish oil? Tried to tell them it upsets my stomach and that I have a son with a full blown fish allergy so there is a little something about fish and fish oil in this family. But I actually do like this guy so will give it another try...maybe freezing is the answer but I doubt it.

Rain has really picked up and I can still hear thunder. Lots of mud already without rain. I need to gather rugs but not today. They are getting worn out from washing! Beth rest and relax, Karlinann you and hubby will do fine. Sit out and enjoy the warm. Nothing going on here for me. Game starts at 3 so popcorn for supper.

Comment

• karlinann
        karlinann commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for those encouraging words. I think we'll be fine also. Save me some of that popcorn.

Good SUNNY Morning! Suppose to be a little heat with the sun today & our snow should melt.

Yesterday was good. Spent the morning making pies & cookie trays. Gathered all my cookies & started consolidating them. Put like things together in one large container. Eliminated 8 containers from my freezer. I've been wanting to do this for weeks, and finally got around to it. Felt good to actually accomplish that. Got the laundry all sorted & put away. It feels good to have it all done & put away at the same time. I hate doing things in stages because then it feels like it's never truly done.

Becca came with Oliver late afternoon. She had to stop at Urgent Care because she has a swollen jaw. She got a dentist appt for next week, but felt something had to be done now. They gave her an antibiotic. Stopped on the way down to get Ollie's nails clipped so he wasn't clawing me to death. She went to karate with us. We came home, had dinner, and then she headed home. She still had to write a paper for her class. She's working a 16 hr day today, so that's why she brought the dog last night. Tomorrow her & her friend are suppose to be leaving for Bradford at 7am. Her friend will do the driving since Becca will be exhausted.

Blaise went to spend the night at his friend Lawrence's and they aren't bringing him back until 8pm tonight. That's so generous of them.

I had a rough nights sleep with Ollie, and after Cork left, we headed back to my bed. We slept in Becca's bed for the night hoping to not to disturb Cork since he had to get up at O'dark hundred for work. Didn't get up until 845. Once I get my thoughts & act together, I've got things to do & places to go. Karen was suppose to come get the two cookie trays I made up for her...one for her house & one for Aunt J's, but she was running WAY behind, so I told her I'd do it this morning. Oh speak of Aunt J....her ex-DIL came too with Kiel. They still love her & she's been wanting to come for a visit for awhile.

Cork is only working until noon, so we may run into town together. I need to get my kitchen back in order.

Karlinann...if I would have been getting a paper bill, I would have noticed sooner that it wasn't on auto pay. You also notice when rates go up. I resisted for years going onto auto pay, but with almost having my phn shut off, it was time. During the baking season(s)...July-Dec...I get so busy and then exhausted by the end of the day, I don't take care of all things. It's also saving me stamp $$ and I have most of them going on my Discover card, so I'm earning points. Sounds like a win win for me. You are smart to be figuring all this out with your husband before the surgery...good girl!

Have a good one all!

Comment

• karlinann
        karlinann commented
        Editing a comment
        Now I understand. We have some of our bills on autopay too, but not the utilities. Yep, I'm so glad I thought of all this pre surgery stuff. I like to plan ahead and it will be less stress on both of us. I'm borrowing a shower seat from our medical equipment closet and we bought a waterproof limb protective sleeve to put over his bandaged leg to keep it dry.

Good morning.
      It is a very sunny morning at 38°, but going to 67° today.
      This morning I need to contact Amazon and let them know the package they said was delivered, was not delivered. The notice said it was left by our mailbox??? Our mailboxes are down the street and won’t hold a box that size. I hope E has enough coffee.

One pigeon or dove has has been flying near our house. Probably pigeon, because I don’t hear a dove’s song this year. E says he has “trained” them to land on the neighbor’s house instead of ours. Good. Less mess for us.

Oh, I got a call yesterday from my NP’s nurse/scheduler. She asked whether I got a call from the ECHO unit. Insurance has approved my test. No, I didn’t get the call. She said they were supposed to call Wednesday. She gave me their number. I told her my free days. Before I could call the Echo unit, she called me back with the appointment. Wow! So I go in on Tuesday for the test. I have a lot going on, medically speaking, and my NP wants to nip anything possibly new before it gets started.
      I wonder why E can’t get good service from them. And his doctor is at the South Campus branch of their system. Mine is in the building next to the Cancer Center in the North Campus area. Oh, and I did tell my NP I never again want to see the heart doctor I had seen before....he really scares the heck out of me. I told her about the incident that made me feel that way. Though she found it kinda funny, she is taking me seriously.

I did pack up my extra glassware stuff, which is nearly ready for Goodwill. Also getting my fairy collection sorted for great-granddaughters. E is going through a ton of books, some for children; what doesn’t go to grandkids will go to Goodwill, or if outdated, trash. He even found some appropriate to leave in a doctor’s waiting room. Some are funny books, some just general interest, plus some “hidden picture” books (you stare at the page, and soon a picture emerges).

And that’s what is going on here. I need to hassle Amazon, now.
      Have a good day! ☀️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        Jo been hearing on both fb and the news about the new Amazon delivery system. These new drivers must not be trained very well...sounds like a lot of bugs to be hammered out! Personally, I am getting my packages much faster by eliminating the USPS but I hate to see them getting a bum deal from Amazon. People have been complaining about having packages left in strange places. Mine are still being delivered to the front door. Being without coffee would be a major deal around here!!!

What I read on the Amazon site today is that sometimes, but rarely, the package is marked in advance as delivered, but the delay can be 36 hours. Mine was marked as delivered at 3:45 p.m. yesterday. (I think not.) I think it was a UPS delivery. And I may have to contact UPS about it??? They may lose a bit of business here.

maxie, neither UPS nor FedEx texts about package delivery. They never did. Nor does USPS.
      Since our mail sorting center closed down, the closest sorting center is in Phx, and that alone has delayed mail processing by a day or two.
      Last edited by JoGee; 03-09-2019, 12:38 PM.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        Wayfair sends me a text when the package is delivered and so far they have been right. why did UPS not delivery right to your house? So far I have only had one time when they told me it would here and it wasn't and that was after a snow so I assumed it was due to road conditions. Believe it or not but living out here in the country we have very little problem with missing packages...seems to be a city problem.

I hope tht package was not stolen, Jo!

I think rain is our default weather now. It is pouring outside and I don't have a choice whether or not to go out today. But that is ok because I will finally find out what my tax situation is. I did not call to find out ahead; I just thought put off any bad news as long as I can. And if it's good news, then it will make the rain a lot easier to deal with.

I will be donating to somebody this coming week. The donation truck is coming and Salvation Army and a thrift store I like are accepting donations. I have not been a fan of SA but during this past year with all the fires and disasters they really donated time and goods to people. So I am going there more. The thrift store is owned by one of my favorite daycare moms and so even though there is no deduction for me to donate to her shop, I like her and want to help her out. A single mom who has always worked hard and did all she oculd to raise her son and help her mother out.

Beth, you take care of yourself and replenish yourself and stay healthy and happy. A good use of a day off!

So thankful that things are going well at your house Maye and that you are getting things worked out Karlinann. When my MIL lived with us we found her wheelchair was too wide for our bathroom door. It was a new house, but it just didnt' fit. I would have to help her transfer to our office chair that had wheels and then move tht into the bathroom for the toilet or the shower. We would both be wet by the time a shower was done.

Donna, I am having to clear out and organize my freezer (half of the side-by-side) but not for cookies. for breastmilk. My infant is nursed at home and she sends frozen milk for him here. Which has to be thawed and heated by hot water, not the microwave, which kills off the benefits of the milk.

I have an 8:30 appointment and then I will be back to let the dogsout and then go to Redding for my taxes and for Costco, as long as there is no big shock for me with the accountant.
      My charge for their work is always in the close to 300.00 range because there is so much involved with a home business and daycare specifically. The tax laws are always changing for what and how much can be deducted (like what percentage of my utilities can be deducted based on how much time I am doing daycare or cleaning, etc for the daycare...) And all those deductions and whatever that would not be something I can just jplug into Turbo Tax.

I better go now and hope you all have a good day!
      I am enjoying the sunshine some of you are having and the flowers and birds and of course, the cookies I am reading about!

Comment

Working...
      X