Saturday, March 02

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday, March 02

Good morning Rounders! Yesterday felt like Saturday all day. I worked on the bank for way too long and my leg hurt the rest of the day. It's something about being on uneven ground that sets it off. I can tell you that I'm getting some of my muscles conditioned for mowing the lawn. That will probably begin in a few weeks. I'm proud to say that the bank is looking really good and it will be beautiful when all the flowers get planted and bloom. That will be a site, but the bones of it will look good for all seasons because of the pavers, Sago Palms, Yellow Bells, Vinca, Fountain Grasses, etc.

DH went to Dom's for pizza for our dinner. I was so glad I didn't have to cook. I worked on the puzzle and got all the buildings done and realized we'd done this one before. It's a Charles Wysocki, my fav. I don't think I'll go to our library anymore. I've read all the books and it's pointless to bring home books by an author you can't get into. I'll have to start going to the big library again if I want to read, but that can wait until winter comes again because gas prices keep going up and I've got plenty to do outside.

Does anyone know a website where I can read books online for free, and that is secure?

Tonight we are having bkfst for dinner. Bacon, hash browns, eggs, and pancake muffins. I'm making banana/walnut muffins this time.

I'll be back later to read up and hope somebody can give me a website so I can read some books. Ciao! Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning.

I was reading about all the states (northern & Midwest) that are going to be hit this weekend by another arctic blast. Very cold. We just miss it....I was surprised we will hit 80° today, and back to the high 70’s the next couple of days. For the most part I’m feeling better. I’m down to just a little coughing, and the sneezing is picking up with the return of the winds.
    I hope you are prepared for more snow, storms, and possible power outages.

E went to meet his buddy for dinner, and his buddy was a no-show. E waited there half an hour, then came home. I nuked a frozen dinner for him, his favorite orange glazed chicken. Turns out the idiot buddy emailed at about the last minute that maybe next week would be better so I could be there. (This creeps me out!!!). E found the email when he got home, and emailed him back. Told him his iPad doesn’t ring, so he didn’t get the email in time. (Hint that he should have called.) He isn’t constantly on the iPad all day, either. That he was a no-show at many of his invitations for dinner, so as for next week....??? We are trying to get stuff done here, between bouts of needed rest periods. And I’ve had some bug for the last 2 weeks, which hasn’t helped. (Frankly, I do feel sorry about this guy’s depression, his many many electric shock treatments, meds, his prone-ness to sleeping days at a time.... but I knew he had a crush on me for some time and I do my best to avoid him or ignore him without being otherwise starkly rude.). So I really hope E won’t want to go next week.

So not much else going on. I’m tired, barely getting more than 5 hours sleep most nights. Don’t know why. Maybe a sleep aid again.
    Today is laundry day on top of everything. Today I might cook. Depends if today will or won’t drain my energy.

I guess I should have breakfast and begin my day. Monday I will be seeing my oncologist. It has been 2 months, and I wonder if my lab results are still holding up.

Have a great day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      I may be overstepping my boundaries here, but that guy asking if you're coming is a red flag. Why would your hubby encourage a friendship/buddy such as that? Maybe you haven't mentioned it to your dh, but I would and I'd get starkly rude with him. Yes, the guy may be lonely, but to me someone with all those issues having a crush on me would set my panic button on full alert. He sounds as if he needs to be in therapy and he also sounds as if he could be seriously dangerous to have as a buddy. Watch your back!

Good morning everyone.

Finally got all my "junk" together that I don't want to take to F.W. Got it to the auctioneer and it will be auctioned off this morning. Had my 5x8 foot trailer full.

I also went yesterday to the mover to set up my move for the middle of April. Sure hope ma nature lets spring come in by that time. I want to shut my furnace and everything else off to this house. Will have to leave the electric on for lighting when they show the house. It would be nice to have the house to sell by that time.

I am looking forward to being with my family. Especially since I just got a new great-great nephew and expecting another one in June. Of course I already have the sweetest great-great niece.

So off to do more work around here. All of you have a great day.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Hurrah for you! Wishing you a quick sale and the best of joy in your new place.

Good Morning! Not going to have any sun again today, snow tonight and single digits for the next couple of nights. No one is thinking of Spring any longer....we know we are all going to die in the snow and ice and freezing temps..we are just not used to winters like this anymore.

Jostoy, good to see you posting! Happy you are finally making the move...you have been working hard to get ready. Hope you have not done it all alone since that is a lot of work. Good luck with the auction. Karlinann I do not read on line but maybe the library has a site? Doesn't Aunt Maye download books? Maybe she can help you out. Your planting sounds fabulous...grass cutting? We are still snow shoveling! Happy you are feeling better Jo. I made up for the lost sleep last night. Only took a nap in the second period of the game! We lost but tonight is another game and the Cardinals have an exhibition game this afternoon. Today I am going to stay home and eat on the all that good crappy unhealthy food we bought yesterday and not spend one dime of money. Thank I can go a day and not spend anything? Still no word on my taxes...scary! Either that or they lost them. I have put off making a hair appointment and getting my blood work so I can do it all together when I picked up the taxes but looks like I can wait no longer for the hair. Already a week overdue.

Have a great day each of you...enjoy that sun and warmth. I am so envious...

Comment

• jostoy
      jostoy commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, Maxie I've done it all myself. As I've said other times...I don't see a line at the end of my drive waiting to help me with anything.

Thanks, Karlinann. I have told E that this guy gives me the “heebie jeebies”, I’m just not comfortable around him.
    E used to work with this guy. He used to be smart in his work, intelligent. They were on a team working together for some years. Apparently he was different back then. His wife died several years ago, of a heart condition. He has tried dating, but after a date or two he can’t keep a girlfriend. Then he began changing. E has a big heart, he does what he can to help others. He sincerely wants to make people feel better and happier. During this time his friend has had more than 100 shock treatments, a number of hospitalizations, and whatever they do for depressed people in hospitals. E has told him he should move close to his family. Or anywhere else that would make him happy, and find things that interest him and make new and interesting friends. But he won’t go.
    Yes, my Red Flag on him is up. I think E is getting tired of it, too, finally. Now if E wants to give him another chance next week, fine. But I really think I will decline these invitations from now on. I will tell him to make it a boys’ night out.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank goodness Jo. That will give you some peace of mind, but I will still worry about you. Women are so vulnerable and it could just be my sixth sense kicking in about the situation, but I can envision all kinds of scenarios with people like that.

Jostoy, I also wish you a quick sale, and peace of mind with that.

Karlinann, thanks. I have faced my Dad’s gun, and 2 ex husband’s who had a large knife and a gun respectively. I’m not saying it doesn’t scare me, but I stay alert. I also keep an alarm in my purse, and know that almost everything in reach can be used as a weapon, if need be. And in public, I can yell if necessary and nearby men and women will jump in to help.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Just got this, and had to share.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Good morning and Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss! (daycare provider kicking in!

The flowers sound so pretty and welcoming, Karlinann. I wrote down a few that I know will survive here for whenever we can plant.

Also, what adjustments did you do to the muffin recipe for bananas and nuts? My favorite kind!
        We have a banana nut bread recipe that we actually make as muffins.

I wish I could be at your auction, Jostoy. I hope you make a good sized bundle and I am sure people will be happy with what they come away with. The way I have read here about how you take care of your house and things is all I have to know.

I am still waiting here for my taxes, maxie. Kind of holding my breath and hoping for the best. I am hoping the delay is just because of all the changes to my appointment and the change in the preparer. The dad is my accountant and is having health problems and the son who is also an accountant is taking over for his dad's clients. I am a worrier, so none of this works well for me. Trying to do the Serenity Prayer part that says the wisdom to know the difference between the things I can change and the things I can't.

Raining here and no sun in the next few days. I did not wash my hair this morning. I can certainly do it well enough for a rainy day. And I am going out in it: food shopping and errands to the bank, cleaners and somewhere to just enjoy myself! That usually means the doughnut shop and House of Design where I am looking for some Spring flowers or print. The doughnut shop is not as important so I may decide to not get any and save one rainy stop.
        I have cash jpayments that have to go to the bank today. I always include all kids in my budget, but it is kind of a pain when two paid in cash this time.
        Our Walmart was out of a lot of food items yesterday and Becky went in the morning. Before the 1st of the month rush. Produce and frozen foods were not restocked. I will go to the more expensive store and hope they have what I need. My bank is there so not out of my way.

Sharon posted on Facebook and article that Walmart is changing the duties of the door greeters which will pretty much do away with work for those with disabilities. One of my favorite greeters is a man in a wheelchair who grew up in our area. I hate to think that the corporation is doing this.

I have been having WiFi problems with my phone. Did I already say this? I Googled my issue and am trying what they said (turn off wifi and restart) and will see if that helps. If it doesn't I am checking when I am at church tomorrow. If their wifi creates service issues with my phone I will know it is my phone and not my wifi. Ugh. I hate issues that make me crazy like this. I do have a great computer person and I will not call AT&T . I am pretty sure they will just tell me to get a new phone.
        If Gary were alive I would be turning it over to him and he would happily make all the calls. I don't like making calls.

I hope today is well on its way for all of you. It is Saturday and I intend to get the most out of it! Raindrops or not.

Comment

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          Didn't I read that Dr. Seuss has a new book coming out? Something they 'found'. I normally have no problem making calls but AT&T makes it almost impossible. I hate having to spend the first 30 minutes going through their menu...and AT&T isn't the only one who thinks if they give you the computerized run around you will just give up or give you someone you cannot even understand. I don't have the patience!

Paula, I would add only one banana cut into small bits and 1/2 Cup of chopped Walnuts. I ended up letting DH have that last banana for his cereal this morning and I'm going to do the Apples and Walnuts.
        "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

Hey, just got a surprise. I ordered coffee and hot chocolate from Amazon this week. I always opt for free shipping so that adds a week to my delivery time..no prob since I always order in advance anyway. Well, my order was just delivered via the new Amazon delivery service! It is still free shipping but sure did come quicker than the USPS. I have nothing against the post office...I still receive all my bills and make my payments via the mail service...I know..told you I am a paper person. But you cannot beat this service can you? I have read on face book people complaining about were the packages are being left, etc., but this was right outside my front door just like the post office leaves a package. No bitching about 3 day delivery on free shipping!

Comment

For those wondering about their taxes, my tax person said it would be about 3 weeks to get my refund back. I got text notification from Feds and State that they received my taxes the same day they were done. That of course was electronically sent to them.
            Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• maxie
              maxie commented
              Editing a comment
              It must be the same wait for my taxman to even do mine. Don't know what is taking him so long and it is worrisome. I do wish you had some help with the move and work. It is hard enough emotionally let alone having to do all the labor yourself. Please take care of yourself and your back.
          Working...
          X