Thursday, February 28

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday, February 28

Good morning Rounders! We only got a fine mist of rain yesterday afternoon, but it was welcome. It sure looked as if the heavens would open and downpour all day long.

DH had a much better dental check-up than me. He hardly had any plaque build-up, but I had quite a bit and it was painful for me when she removed it. The only thing that I did differently was used a different toothpaste, and my dentist prescribed it. I will be more diligent with the flossing in the future and try to prevent that horrible plaque. Pain! Ouch!

Aunt Maye, I too wish you could post pics of the afghans. I know they are beautiful and I think it's wonderful that you are making them for a future generation. What a contribution! You are an amazing woman!

That thing Aunt Maye said about the hair products affecting her allergies is so true. With me it's cigarette smoke and cheap colognes and scents. There is a waitress at our fav Italian place that used to wear this scent that would just get me so irritated in my sinuses. I never said anything to her, but apparently someone did, because the last time we were there she did not have it on. It was horrible.

I am watching Hallmark movies in the afternoon again, well I should say at least one EOD. There have been a couple of nice ones on this week, but I've already seen them.

That $1.99 cabbage from Aldi's is still going. I've got enough left for Friday night's fish dinner. Now that makes 4 bowls of coleslaw out of one cabbage. Not bad!

My yard waste can is at the curb and it is heavy. I cannot believe all of that came off the bank. My leg is really hurting after I work on the bank, so I'll need to wait a few days before doing anymore work on it. It's looking good though.

Today is tax day for us. We will take our paperwork to the lady and she does the taxes and we sign it.

I don't know what the day will bring, but I'm ready for it. Is this post book worthy Cookielady? LOL! Peace & Plenty.
    Last edited by karlinann; 02-28-2019, 12:36 PM.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning...Pretty much ready to get the next two work days done and over. My co-worker that I share a station with won't be there for the next 2 days...her boyfriend won't be there today...what does this mean for me? I may not get a break unless I ask chef to help me get one....which I will do....because the afternoon chef isn't very good about giving breaks. Yesterday was another ok day...busier than normal but still fine.

I don't think that I have any plans tonight other watch tv and read a book.

It sure has been nice not having my phone going off at all hours...Did I tell you all that I had a stalker type issue with a lady over here? I befriended her through an activities program that I am a part of anyways....any time I was awake not busy she expected me to be texting with her.....Any ways on Sunday when I was at the hospital I asked her to leave me alone I didn't feel well...and to leave me alone and not to for any reason call the er after she asked me if my real name was Mary. She told me that I couldn't stop her and then proceeded to call me at the hospital and tell them a different name than her own. I didn't talk to her because I knew that it was her. I have blocked her on facebook and messenger and she does not have my phone number. I have thought about unblocking her but its been nice to have to deal with her this week.

Comment

Wow! The last day of February...I sure hope the next month is not as stressful with illness and things going wrong as the last two have been.

That said, I have not yet heard from my tax guy and I am hoping it is No news is good news and not How do we break this to her?
      Property taxes are also coming due and I need to be ready for all of them.

I had a Marie Callendar sesame chicken bowl (with noodles) for dinner last night. It was very good and of course, made me want to go out for Chinese soon. My mom loves Chinese but Becky doesn't so we don't go that often.

I made quesadillas for the kids today. Just cheese on flour tortillas and I am using them for the bread component for lunch. Somehow we are low on bread and that hardly ever happens. Kind of like if I ran out of graham crackres or Ritz crackers. The fundamentals of daycare snack food.

the Sacramento river is up really high and when I took my friend around for errands yesterday we drove over to see how high the water was in the city jpark...Way high! I sent a few pictures to my kids and will post on Facebook as well. One shows a park light (by an underwater walkway) shining in the water! Tina tagged me in the video she posted of the park and river. Ther ewere so many cars there looking at it that I sent a picture of that to my kids so they could remember when we did that...big times in a small town! But a little like looking at the ice in your river, maxie.

Not much going on here. I hope there is something better going on for each of you.
      That shopping weekend sounds great, maxie. Just a weekend with a girlfriend sounds good to me. I don't have any trips planned for awhile and no one is planning on coming here, so I may have to book myself for a shopping weekend!
      I am going to WA in June for my granddaughter's high school graduation, and sometime I will go to MD but just not sure when. They have friends from Japan coming this summer and I don't want to crowd them.
      Right now, nothing but warm air and a sunny beach sounds good.

I better go drink a cup of cheer (orange juice) and start the day.
      Cheers to you all!

Comment

Good Morning, everyone.

I slept a bit later this morning, so no doubt some may be posting as I type.
        Yesterday was a lovely day, not much chill in the afternoons. Enroute to Costco yesterday I noticed that our mountains and the next strip of mountains still had snow at the tops.

We had gone out out to lunch. There is one waitress that tries to wait on us most times. She still remembers the cancer and colostomy I went through, and said I was looking ever so much better.
        After that we went to Costco, and the walk from the handicapped parking area and into the store winded me. Got across the store, and had to sit.....my heartbeat was 110 and my legs wanted to collapse. I grabbed a dining chair from a display and sat. They had samples of Sparkletts water, and E got me a glass full. After a bit I went to frozen foods and looked for kielbasa.....there was none. He suggested I go back to the car while he paid for the stuff he put in the basket. By the time I got to the entrance, I was back to the heartbeat/breathing problem and my legs felt ever so heavy. I plodded outside towards the car and it was slow going. A curious little Spanish girl watched my slow progress. I made it into the car and just melted into the seat.
        Eventually E got to the car. He needed something from the drugstore. So I said I’d go in, too, and check out their holiday cards. St Paddy’s Day is coming. I got what I needed and halfway to the counter the pharmacist stopped me, asked if I was okay. She said I was looking awfully pale. I said I was starting to hurt but was waiting for hubby. She had the cashier bring me a chair to sit and wait. E agreed that I didn’t look well.
        Neither of us wanted supper when we got home. I spent the evening in my comfy chair. My heart was beating about 90 til bedtime. I get to relay all this to my NP on Monday.

Meanwhile, E’s buddy wants to have dinner with us. E got back to him and said if I wasn’t feeling a lot better by Friday, they could meet at the restaurant. I would stay home and rest.
        I probably won’t go.

Today I am feeling better. But I haven’t moved around much yet. This has been building up slowly for the last couple of weeks. Yesterday was a double whammy of it. The inner me feels so much more capable, and the outer me is just tired of getting cut short on everything.
        I really hope I’m not developing a heart problem on top of everything else. I am aware that it is a possibility. I certainly don’t want to see the heart doctor(s) here.

We will see, I guess, how the day turns out. I have no idea what to expect. We know that E is somewhat limited, too, with his SVT (heart) problem, but manages his pains quickly and gets on with things.

Paula, I’m hearing scary things about CA weather, but the maps I’ve seen aren’t all that clear. I hope you are out of its range.

Time for my breakfast. I will read the other posts later. I have to find the yard-cleaning guy’s ad and call him, because neither of us can do it.

I hope you all have a beautiful day. ☀️
        Karlinann, thank you for opening with your cheery post.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning!..Things are already changing in the plans for today. Yesterday my Texas brother called and they are in the area and wanted to meet for lunch. It worked out great...my sister was coming and two of her kids happened to be free and with Jon still off work we would have had a nice visit. HOWEVER, parts of the area are having an ice storm! So far it has missed us but my sister is iced in St. Louis. the weather map shows it is still moving up to our area. Hope we are north enough to miss just one storm. It is going to stay below freezing all day and this weekend temps are going to drop back to single digits and we could see our biggest snow of the season Sunday. Oh goodie, weather guy said could have over a foot of snow...damn, March is always our big snow month! Winter is still the season that keeps on giving and giving and giving!!!

So, I will wait to see if my brother cancels because of road conditions in his area or if Jon wants to venture out. Last night he put a big roast in the crockpot and we will have Italian Beef sandwiches for supper. I was going to pick up a potato salad and chips and just have sandwiches since we were going to be gone this afternoon. If he gets up early I will have him run out. I am just really bummed about crappy old winter ruining my plans. And that is not selfish that is sick and tired.

Yesterday the lasagna was great! I ended up doing it myself and it was delish. I thought I could get two meals out of it but doesn;t look like that will happen. There was enough left for midnight snacking. They are showing prom dresses on tv and omg, I would not allow Sierra to buy some of them. Pretty 'grown up' for a high school girl. What is with this see through stuff? And straps where fabric should be? Suddenly I am very old...and prudish!

I am also watching Hallmark afternoon movies. We have the drama channel and that is showing older movies that I am enjoying seeing again. I did see an advertisement that we sould be paying for that channel so I am wondering if it really is a part of our package or if I should be checking the Direct Tv bill. But I gotta admit I like having 3 Hallmark channels. But I do not like the bill so....................

Still waiting to hear from my tax people too. Not that I want to hear from them but I want it done and over for the year. Car insurance came in for my car and it raised because of her accident. All 3 of us will be paying higher prices. ALL types of insurance is a rip off. But thank goodness for it I guess.

Need to see what my brothers want to do for lunch. I am bummed over this constant bad weather especially when it interferes with what I want to do. The older I get the more I do not like my life messed with. Jo, hope you feel better and get some answers on your health. karlinann, good luck with those taxes and report in when the butterflies come back. If we were closer you could shop with us Paula...we squeeze it in between meals. Beth sorry about your phone problems. I'd block that gal.

Take care all of you, stay warm and your ice salt and shovels handy. Will it ever end around here? And Sierra's mom in Minnesota has over 3 ft. of snow on the ground...guess where that is going in a couple of weeks?

Comment

Ye gads! I must have been half asleep this morning. My font size was 28 and that was way too big. I fixed it and changed the color too.

Hey, we get money back from Uncle Sam. Not much, but it's better than having to pay. I'm exhausted from working outside. I've taken my Advil.
            "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

yay for money back

Comment

Ditto that!
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

I have to tell you this...I am not saying anything against my son but he made Italian beef out of a pork roast! I thought it smelled funny and when I went to taste it...well...I knew instantly by looking it wasn't beef. They are having Italian seasoned pork roast for supper. I will be eating something that I know what it is to eat. OMG! What a goof.

We did go to lunch with my brothers and only ran into sleet. Temps were 26 when we left the restaurant. Burr! Talked with my sister coming home and they had freezing rain and snow. It is good she cancelled early.

I am still waiting for a call on my taxes...congrats on getting money back Karlinann. Holding my breath on not paying!!!

Well, that summer wreath on the door is not helping Mother Nature change the season so maybe this evening I will look at summer clothes. If she needs a good laugh she can imagine me in my shorts and capris. Maybe that will move her along...

Ready for my jams and settling in. Guys are out picking up buns for the whatever they are going to eat tonight.

Comment

Working...
                  X