Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday, February 27

Good morning Rounders! We got rain.

JoGee, thank you for setting me straight on that isometric exercise. How come you didn't share it with me way back?

Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning...work yesterday was good busy but good. I have a dr appointment with my regular dr. We are going to ask to be referred to anallergist. We meaning my fam and I are thinking my bad bad migraines could be triggered by allergies.

maxie I was able to find the blues game on tv last night. It was fun watching it.

Comment

Good morning! ☀️

I like that our temps have reached the 70’s. Moreso, I like that yesterday afternoon I saw a bird....it flew low and fast, but it was brown with wings, probably a house wren. By the weekend we should have temps in the higher 70’s. Night temps still in the 40’s, but will be in the 50’s by the weekend. Yay! Has spring finally arrived, or is Mother Nature messing with us?

We have made some progress here...E said he can see light at the end of the garage. I haven’t done as well lately, with my tummy problems. But I’m ready to restart. I gave my slow cooker to Goodwill, as it’s really too big for just us. But I can accomplish the same results in a pot or pan on low heat. I might add extra water or broth, but it comes out well.

Karlinann, I probably didn’t recognize the exercize before. The Isometrics book gave it a different name, which I don’t recall now. And different PT’s may call it something else. My last PT didn’t even have a name for it, just “try this” and he demonstrated it. One person just called it “tummy scrunches”. I wish I still had that old Isometrics book. It was concise and to the point, and described the purposes for each exercise.

Beth, the medical analyst should be helpful, and getting rid of the migraines will be good. Be it allergies, stress, or something else at the root of it all. Good luck.

I do hope we start seeing more birds, but our trees have not a single bud. I don’t think I’ve seen our trees so totally bare for so long.

it is time for tea and breakfast. Have a great day! ☕️
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• karlinann
        karlinann commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, I learned about the tummy scrunch from my dental hygienist. I still have better relief with the Pigeon Pose, where you cross one leg over the other. It somehow stretches that nerve and gives so much relief. Thanks again.

Good Morning! The sun is trying to come out. Now if there was just some heat with it. Yesterday was just bone chilling.

Yesterday was nice. Started out at the OB/GYN for my yearly, then stopped at my Mom's to see if she was going to go to town with me...NOPE! So I went in by myself to pick up a few groceries. Picked up lunch at Arby's, then took it back to my Mom's to surprise her. I had also pick up some colored peppers which she loves. Picked up a new Rx from the drugstore after visiting with her again. Came home and slowly put the groceries away. Took Blaise to karate, and then had a relaxing evening.

One of the "deals" I got yesterday was frozen soft pretzels. Blaise ask me if they were like the mall's. He told me they were BETTER than the mall's. The first ones I made in the oven, then the second one he requested I made in the air fryer. Came out perfect and took less time & energy to make it. Didn't have to heat up a whole oven. To me the air fryer is sort of like a convection toaster oven.

Going to do some paperwork this morning. At least that's the plan. I ask my niece if she wanted to come do eye glasses with me today, and she said maybe. She's visiting a friend who's having surgery this morning. I'm making orange chicken for dinner. Blaise was all excited to hear that. He's funny. His version of orange chicken is w/o the sauce. It's basically a chicken nugget with a different coating. Whatever! I'm hungry for the real thing. Cork won't be thrilled, but that's too bad.

Wow Karlinann...you went from writing books to just a sentence. Hope everything is OK. Glad work was OK Bethina. Going to an allergy doctor sounds like a good idea.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• karlinann
        karlinann commented
        Editing a comment
        Everything is good with me, but DH had a bad night. We are on our way to a dental appt. for him. His foot was painful all night and he barely got 2 hrs of sleep. I'm driving. Oh, I wrote 2 large posts yesterday and didn't have anything to post this morning. That is why it was short and sweet.
        Last edited by karlinann; 02-27-2019, 10:43 AM.

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        Never thought about putting those pretzels in the air fryer. I love them in the mall but never was able to get the same reaction at home. I love that machine!!

Good morning! It is trash day but last night the wind was blowing so crazy that I decided to not put our bins out. As I drove across town to my hair appointment Isaw so many bins on the ground that I was glad I didn't put ours out. The truck just went by and if I had thought about it I could have put out one, but we will have enough room for this week if I am careful with the garbage, meaning put all recyclables in the right bin. My mother didn't want hers out, either, which Becky does for her. So neither one of us has to go chase down whatever would be rolling around.

Enough about garbage. The wind is blowing now and is supposed to get worse today. Yesterday it blew off the sunscreen out front. I will wait until tomorrow to get it back up. The kids will be able to see out better. When it rains the drops are held in the screen and it always looks wet. Which works well for kids asking Are we going out today? They can see the rain a lot better. I swear, I want to nail that screen on the house.

Karlinann, I read an article online about planting prairie grasses and flowers to attract the pollinators. It ws written by a man in the Wi area but I am going to read up on my Zone and see what I can do. I have a corner that gets lots of sun and I want to start there. The writer said even small spaces can add to the environment. And I have a couple of spaces that need something more than what I have had there (big pots of geraniums).

I hope our weather and yours is really heading into Spring.
      Beth, any medical investigation into the migraines will be helpful and can give you an idea. Do you journal when you get one? See what the previous day was like with food and temperatures? Going from a heated building out into the cold especially if your head is uncovered can constrict the blood vessels and bring on a migraine. For me it was the hot/cold temperatures and if I had a high sugar glaze like on cinnamon rolls. There was one other common cause but those are the two that really affected me and I can't remember the other. It was in an article I read (a long itme ago) in a woman's magazine.
      Prayers you start finding some relief.

Donna, we Love that orange chicken! Thanks for bringing it my attention.
      And Karlinann, I am making the pancake mix muffins again today. These stormy days call for some kid comfort food and Breakfast cupcakes fit the bill here.
      Jo, keep watchingfor those birds. I think ours have been here, Right now they are eating some yucky blue berries from a worthless tree in my neighbor's yard and then sitting in my bare mulberry and you know whatting all over the driveway (I park the car as far to the side as I can to avoind where the birds sit on the branches). I will let you know when I see a robin, although those guys are notorious for messing up your car.

I gotta go: the eggs are boiling and I need to set the timer.
      Have a good day!

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        For causes of migraines...when I was scheduled for my hysterectomy my doctor said it might also cure my headaches. It did! Cured two problems at one time..it was a good deal.

Mornin'! Not a very pretty one with the possibility of rain later tonight but I am not complaining because just south of us they are predicting freezing rain. More talk of the flooding we can get this Spring..possibly as bad as the flood of 1993. They called that the 100 year flood and here we are talking of another so soon. So many changes in weather and climate. I know weather cycles but it is strange to see it starting another cycle in my lifetime. What I do know for sure is this winter started early and appears to want to go on late. For being the most miserable time of the entire year it is the longest!

Today is lasagna day and I am not going to fix it! Jon came up earlier and said he would put it together later which means I am either going to have a great lasagna or a crappy one but I will not be responsible for either...just pick up my fork and eat! He grilled the best chicken tenders yesterday. Since he cannot bend over he had Andrew dig in the freezer and they found some meatballs and a huge roast. I think I will put the roast in the crock pot tonight and cook it all night for Italian Beef...also have a turkey breast. If I save that for a weekend Jon is off maybe Scott will come up for dinner. He texted yesterday and is feeling much better. Kinda rung out but heading back to work today.

My sister and I are thinking of a shopping weekend. Just getting away but in the thinking stages. If not that there is always one of our day trips. Time to think about Spring wreaths and clothes. Waiting for my taxes to see if I will even have a dime left to shop with...and that is just paying for having them done! Spring clothes...can you imagine putting on clothes with out socks going to your knees and everything else flannel lined?

Need to call for a haircut and get home for blood work. It is just so darn hard to fast before taking that trip home. I know an hours worth of will power is not that hard but it is!!! Maybe they will call with my taxes and I can get everything done in one day then stop for my McD fix. With Jon home cooking I am not needing to sneak out for fast food during the day. Maybe I'll lose a pound or two...

No actual plans for today. Could run the vac and always a load of laundry. No sun to look forward to. Beth that was one of the best games of the season! Glad you are becoming a fan. Now if we could just get you over those darn Cubs! Jo, I could not live without my crock pot. In fact I have several..sometimes you need a big one like for that turkey breast. Karlinann are the butterflies back in Florida? What a pretty sight on a warm morning...our dream in the midwest! Have a wonderful day each of you here and those to come. I am always happy to get up and have my coffee with you.

Comment

• karlinann
        karlinann commented
        Editing a comment
        Every once in awhile I spot a butterfly, but they are hibernating or whatever they do.

Maxie, the crock pot slow cooker was great when family was still home. But for 2 of us, it’s just too big. And when we move, I have the choice of cooking or not. Meals and snacks are provided throughout the day. I need to cook only if I want something else. Like stuffed cabbage rolls, or whatever. Minor basics will be on hand in the apartment....cereal, sandwich makings, frozen eggos. (The eggos are great with butter and cinnamon sugar, or jam, or just plain.)

Oh, I read in a woman’s magazine years ago, a very easy way to make lasagna. Don’t cook the noodles, just layer them and the other ingredients, add an extra cup of water (or wine) to your lasagna pan, topping it with sauce. Bake as usual, or add a few minutes to bake off the extra water if needed.
      I have to admit I never actually made this myself, because E does not like lasagna. Also, I don’t rely on given times for cooking. Altitudes and maybe even your brand of stove may mess it up. I cook “by nose”. People have said I’m nuts, you can’t do that. But I do. I know the smells, and I’ve removed a cooking pot before it went dry, cakes as they just begin to pull away from the pan, and even stopped a microwave before the food became a crispy critter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

just a few line to let you know I"m still alive...

have been crocheting up a storm.. Donna got this HUGE amount of yarn at Yard/Estate sale.. and I am making these Crib size afghans , for unborn Great-grandchilden... ... Karen will store in the very old cedar lined family Trunk.. and pass them out ... wish I knew how to post pictures of them..
        plus reading book after book.. love to read.. and dont have to feel guilty ,,( hey, sweeper can wait till spring)..

I am reading the posts ... so don't talk about me!!!..

Bethina, I too believe bad headaches can be caused by allegeries!... I am allergic to the chemical in hair products.. the sprays. most shampoos. etc etc.. so have to be careful what I use and avoid being in close contact with someone all sprayed. I get itchy and headachey..

see you later...bedtime.

Comment

Working...
        X