Sunday, February 24, 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday, February 24, 2019

Good morning Rounders! My fingers are so stiff this morning from pulling weeds yesterday. I'm trying to get the bank ready so I can transplant the flower seedlings when they get big enough. I'm proud to say I've almost got the whole bank finished. It's going to be so pretty this year. There will be Cleome, Yellow Bells, Verbena, Nigella, and Vinca and Red Fountain Grasses and Lantana.

Today is my day of rest, but I still have to cook a roast in the crockpot, make coleslaw, and I'm baking a cake, yellow cake with chocolate frosting. I've been craving the cake. Oh, and I need to go to Aldi's today. I think Sunday is the best day to shop.

The wind blew about 25 mph all afternoon and I'm sure it dried up all the moisture from the irrigation system. It's a vicious cycle.

This new type I'm using is not to my liking. It looks too stiff, or maybe it's my fingers. LOL! Peace & Plenty.

"Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Sunday morning to you all.
    It is 32° out right now, but it is supposed to get to 67°. By end of day yesterday, there were still patches of snow here and there including rooftops, but the streets and sidewalks were just very wet. So sometime today the last traces of snow will be gone. Then maybe we can welcome springtime.

I just got a note note this morning from my BFF in MI (since Kindergarten) has just lost her son-in-law. He contracted an unusual melanoma that penetrated his brain. Treatments and radiation did not help. He passed away last evening. He leaves behind a wife and an autistic daughter. I am sad for the family.
    I remember when my daughter lost her husband to cancer when their son was just a toddler. It was hard on them all.

I have no specific plans for today. I will be back to read the other posts.
    Karlinann, your bank should be gorgeous when everything is planted and blooming. I hope we get pictures of it.

have a great day, everyone. ☀️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry about your friend's loss.

Good morning..Yesterday turned out to be wonderful! Last was one of my favorite events of the year! A formal/dress dinner dance/silent auction. It’s the biggest fundraiser of the year for a big non profit agency that I volunteer with...I was assigned to help with the silent auction but instead end up attending tables! I loved every minute of it

Comment

Good morning...wind has died down a bit. It shook the house and the power lines last night. We lost power around one and, thank goodness, the people in this house thought it would be a good thing to wake me and tell me the power was out! I had checked and placed flashlights in strategic places around the house last fall and last night there was not one flashlight to be found. Andrew is the root of all our disappearances around here. That was not being mean but stating a fact. When school is out for the summer I will go into his room since he will not be here everyday and clean. Amazing what you find in there from tools to flashlights to old Halloween candy!

Blues won is a shoot out yesterday! Exciting since we do not do many shutouts. They play again early evening today. Yesterday I did change my bed, caught up on all the ironing and did a load of towels. I also ate all the snacks so may have to treat myself to fast food this afternoon. But that would mean dressing so I may order pizza during the game. Funny how the delivery guy does not care what you wear when you open the door...all part of the book he is going to write someday.

There is something good about melting snow Jo. And not the mud! Weather guy said he didn;t think much of a Spring around here again this year. Just as long as it finally warms up. Beth hope your dance was fun...and your makeup was done by you wanted. All that flower planting would make anyone happy Karlinann. Your area sounds very colorful with that mixture.

No plans for me today but a food run later. Take care and hold on to your hats! Going to be another windy day. Enjoy your Sunday!!

Comment

Good morning

not in a good mood this morning!>..do any of you have these days when you just wake up in a bad mood at the whole world..?????.
        Have no real reason .. although I am still waiting to hear about my Friend's Family...She is in hospice care and they though she would pass away last evening.. I guess I will hear when the time comes.. very sad, (depressing for me,,just about the last of my Girl Friends.. ,,you know , the kind you can confide in about everything.)..

did not feel like getting ready for church. sure don't feel like cooking a meal..we may go out and get sandwich somewhere.

Karlin,, and this is the reason we love the Round table.. I can come here and drop some of my depression..I will feel better when I have finished with my post.... . and you wall is going to be gorgeous... I did not recognize a single flower you are planting, ( I don't do flower beds either, this getting old is a steady stream of "I Don't do that anymore) when they all get blooming, a picture please?

Hi to all.. need more coffee. be back to read...

Comment

Good Morning! The wind has finally started whipping around. One area has already lost power. Could tell because the stop lights weren't working when we were coming home from church.

Yesterday I felt like crap still. Thank goodness Blaise wasn't home. I did run into town to go to the bank & Aldi's. Stopped at DG to pick up some Dayquil as suggested by a friend. Well it did nothing but raise my sugar levels to over 400, and I wasn't even eating much of anything. No more of that. Cork put the vaporizer on for me & it helped.

Went to church & SS this morning. I feel a nap coming on. I would like to make the PB pies for my freezer stock. We'll see. Don't know when Blaise is coming home. We are taking bets on whether Kathy will insist we come get him. Don't get me started.

Aunt J...did you see some sunshine? That should have helped.

Have a good one all!

Comment

good morning. Becky had an early meeting for planning htings so I have already made one trip to the church and will leave for the 9:00 service in a little bit. I am not able to pick up anyone because I have a meeting right after church: visits with a couple of families that have been ill and not able to come out...found rides for the two ladies, though. One is such a talker that she never stops! I am sure sheis lonely, but I ws hoping with the other lady moving in next door that would take care of that.

Yesterday was our first day to shop and not buy treats! We actually watched some WEst Wing episodes without snacks. I have been thinking of some diet ones for later today. One good thng about getting over a cold is like Donna said, I don't feel like eating much. The bad thing is I also don't feel like cooking much!

Something just fell down and I need to investigate which dog or cat is getting into things.
            Hope your day is going better...

Comment

Paula, Re: diet snacking, I recently got a tip from a nutrition site. FROZEN MIXED BERRIES. Yes, eat them frozen, one at a time, and savor each one. Consider it more like eating ice cream; good flavor and less calories.

Maxie, thank you. She is the sister I never had, and we are still in touch and close after more than 7 decades. I know exactly how devastated she feels.
              I know all about cleaning kids’ rooms.....oh, the stuff you can find! LOL

Cookie, hope that cold is gone soon. I hope Kathy will return Blaise herself.

Maye, I never felt that bad in the morning. (Well, except my Kindergarten Days. My teacher hated Pollacks. My doctor wrote to my principal, and most of the harassment stopped.) I hope you feel happier before days’ end. ☀️

Bethina, I am so glad you had a wonderful evening last night. I hope your happiness carries you through the coming week.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
              X