Saturday, February 23

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday, February 23

We found lots of tiny holes in the grout of the floor tile. I guess it takes awhile for the air bubbles to settle. It's so depressing. I am not having another thing done to this house unless we absolutely have to due to a hurricane or tornado. Forget the windows too. I'm over it.

We got a card from our realtor yesterday and a lady in our neighborhood is selling her house. I recognized that it was her house immediately. She got unable to take care of herself and her 2 dogs and I hadn't seen her dogs in the yard for over a year. Her house is a street over.

I made Salmon, corn on the cob, mashed potatoes and green beans for dinner. Dessert was SF vanilla pudding. I also had a glass of wine with.

Our irrigation system will start back up today and I do pray for more rain. It was still 86* late in the evening and I was dripping sweat while cleaning up the kitchen.

I'm sorry to be negative to start out today's post, but I needed to vent. Peace & Plenty.
    ps DH really had a good workout yesterday. He rode the stationary bike and walked on the treadmill. Way to go dh!

"Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Today will be good. First more sleep

Comment

good morning.. and it is good.. the snow is melted .roads are bare, above 40..yea.

Karlin..... Vent away.!!!!.thats what we are here for .... I get to moan about my Knees.. do Not want to have operation of any kind at this age.. the knees dont hurt all the time... but I have to be sooooo careful not to twist ,make a turn sideways.. and hang on to hand rails everywhere they are...

....some .things in my house are ready to be replaced.. like living room carpet. and the carpet in downstairs living room... but..... I think the next buyer would rather pick their own color. and not even going to paint .again, the next owner can pick their own color.. at DAvid and I's age selling this house is a real possibility in the not too distant future.. would make adjustment in price to compensate for things like the carpet. only maintaining the real necessities ...for instant if septic system needed checked out,(cleaned)..or had leak in roof.....(roof is good for another 25 years).

today will probably be a day of reading again.. maybe get another afghan started.. have completed 4 of the crib sized ones..making them for the future great-grandkids.. a productive type day.... playing games on computer, non-productive.

some one come in here and suggest something easy, nutritious to fix for lunch please

Comment

Rainy morning here...going to be in the 60s then back to 40s as highs tomorrow. Roller coaster weather! Have no plans for today but maybe a load of laundry..hockey this afternoon and I could iron while watching. Dunno what my mood will be by then but I should be alone. Sierra and I had lunch at Olga's yesterday then went into Bath and Body. She smelled so good after her shower and I will smell great after mine today. Maybe that will motivate me enough to change my bed.

There are things I see here that need fixing but this is my son's house and he does not see everything I see. i do know he would like to move eventually. I just don't see that happening unless he has a rich relative out there and I have pretty much researched for any rich people in our family. Looks like he is on his own! He removed all the carpet before I moved in and that makes cleaning a lot easier....especially with kids tracking in. I am not dragging out the vacuum every day but can grab the dust buster when I see something. I have turned into a lazy house keeper!

Karlinann was your grout sealed? Maybe you can do something yourself without having to call the guy back...he is the one you had words with isn;t he? Check with your home improvement stores...always found them pretty helpful. I go look for the old guy in the department. They are more been there and done that. Beth you deserve to sleep in today.

Yesterday was one of those damp days that I could not ever warm up. Not cold but not comfortable so I was glad to go to bed and finally get warm. Think today i will just put sleep pants and a sweatshirt on after my shower and that should help me stay warm. Funny how the thermostat is always set at the same temp but it feels different some days. Of course, it might just be old age but probably not. Nobody old here!!

Time to start the day. Have a relaxing Saturday...Karlinann said she was sweating..I gotta look that word up. Not sure I remember what it feels like anymore. i only know goosebumps and shivering!

Jo snow in the desert must be exciting. Hope you can send pics!

Comment

• karlinann
          karlinann commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, Maxie, he did seal the grout.

Good Morning. It's dreary.

Yesterday I felt worse than the day before. I was thinking this cold was going to be a short one, but I guess not. I baked 4 carrot cakes & decorated one of them. The restaurant needed one of them plus 3 cream pies which I had in the freezer. They got the last of my PB pies, so that's on my agenda for today.

I ended up with 12 mini carrot cakes, and took 6 over to Aunt Maye's and 6 to Kathy at karate. Aunt J actually has 6 baby blankets made & they are so nice. Of course I liked the one that she said she's not going to make anymore like that. Uncle Dave was into the CC before I even left. My visit was short but sweet. I didn't want to give them my cold. No hugging.

Took Blaise to karate. Matt came & took him home from there. We'll see if he lasts there thru tomorrow. I know she's working and that puts her in a crabby mood (10p-6a), but that's too bad. That's life. I came home and just binge watched The Rookie. Catching up on my recorded shows. Deleted some of the series that I had selected. Was at 78% full, and now down to 35%.

Once I get my butt moving this morning, I'm going to run into Aldi's and get some cool whip so I can make the needed PB cream pies. Cork is working today. Will enjoy the peace & quiet. I really need to sit down & balance the checkbook. QuickBooks is still on my old computer, so I haven't done it for quite a while. We'll see what the day brings.

I have told you how much I LOVE my air fryer? Not only for making fries & tots, but for toasting my sandwiches. I've been making tuna salad lately. I spread it on half the bun, then pop it in the fryer for 4 minutes. It comes out hot & toasty.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          We still love our air fryer too. Jon fixes fish and things for his lunch plus the kids use it all the time for snacks. I have been on a toasted ravioli binge myself. Never tried it for tuna but that does sound good. In fact tuna sounds good so may have to make some up.

Good Morning, everyone. ☀️

Yesterdays snowfall is still mostly here. Last night went down to 25°. But today should reach 50 or 52°, so I don’t expect the snow to last. Get this.....we should hit the 60°’s tomorrow, and the 70°’s will be here Tuesday. I think after that it’s the higher 70’s. How weird is that?
        It already looks bright and sunny outside. I am sure we willl be hearing about accidents. People here (except those who live on the mountains) are not used to driving on snow and ice. Some people have never seen the stuff before. I heard some lady was gawking at the white stuff on the ground, so some man went over and told her what snow was. Then she settled down. E decided it is not a weekend to be out driving, so we will stay home this weekend.

My stomach problem seems to have gone away...I am not sure yet. So I will see as the day wears on. I accomplished nothing here the past couple of days. Will try to do more today.

I am am craving tuna salad sandwiches for lunch today. So I will whip some of that up later. I might chop up a small apple to add to it to add crunch to it.

Right now I think I need a bite of breakfast and my cuppa tea. ☕️
        Have ave a very good day, everybody.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Maxie, I did post a few photos of our snow yesterday. Let’s see if this lets me post a few more today.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• maxie
            maxie commented
            Editing a comment
            Love that your bird feeder is in the picture! That does appear to be a lot of snow for the desert. Hope you enjoyed the beauty of it...after November we stopped seeing much beauty. Climate change seems to be allowing everyone to taste of different seasons.

I don’t understand this. There was one more photo I wanted to post, but the page goes grey and says it’s an error. Then it says upload at least one photo, and won’t take it. I give up.
          Anyway, this is the first snow here that we recall that stayed overnight.
          Last edited by JoGee; 02-23-2019, 11:23 AM.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I need to be out the door in 5 minutes so this is my first post today and I will be back to finishe reading.
            Jo, I am so envious of your posting picture ability, and your funny posters.

I have a lash appointment and then a church lady's activity (craft) and then I Have to go to Home Depot. I Hate lightbulbs!
            Totally love them when they are in and functioning, but trying to find replacements that work: ugh. So besides the grocery shopping and the bank I am going across town to see what I can find in HD. If I have to go I am also looking for primroses.
            I got an emailfrom David Austin roses and they have some gorgeous ones. Fruit infused scents? anyway a beautifulyellow one with hints of citrus. I love fragrant roses.

Ok, have a great morning and I will be back.

Comment

I am awake now and beginning to think about getting ready for tonight. I have a volunteer organization that I work tonight is our biggest fundraiser of the year. A formal fancy dinner. I have make up appointment at 115. Hair after that. Well the beauty school called and the girl that was supposed to my make up didn’t show up. They just wanted to cancel my appointment I have had for over a week. I got angry wasn’t real nice and told them this makes me not want to use them. Anyways I called back and asked if an instructor could do it. They told me technically no. And found a student. Am still upset that it won’t be the person I wanted. I just hope I get some one decent. I hope it’s not the same girl as before.

Comment

Working...
              X