Friday, February 22

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday, February 22

Good morning Rounders! Another weekend is here and it's so much closer to spring. Hang on! DH was in pain after his MRI yesterday. Did you know that the MRI machine moves the foot around for the different angles? I did not. He said he'll have to wait until his next doc appt. to get the results. I think she should call and let him know.

We were 89 degrees here yesterday. Maxie I'm manifesting some of that heat in your direction. Whoosh! There you go.

I did not get any books or puzzles at the library yesterday. It's gardening season and I'll be out there nearly every morning. Hey we did get some rain yesterday morning after all. When we got back from the MRI I went out there and discovered my plant dish under a pot was full of water. Yeah! I am working on spreading some of those composted leaves around my established plants, i.e., blackberries, blueberries. I have about 2 inches of rich compost from all those mountain of leaves that I piled up last fall and they are not finished composting. Compost is like a shot of 5 hour energy for plants.

Hope you survived working alone Beth. JoGee, I do not understand that Cardiologist not seeing E for his symptoms right away. To me all those pains, labored breathing, etc. are saying his heart is having difficulty and something needs to be done. Have they not discussed this with him at all? Forgive me if I'm overstepping boundaries here, but I did work in the cardiac unit for a number of years and I know this does not sound right.

My plan is to make pancakes with apple slices, maple syrup, and bacon for bkfst when DH gets up or possibly before he gets up. I hope all of you have a wonderful day. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

good morning

Karlin, your breakfast will be what I will fix for lunch.... sounds so good...

we had about 4 inches or more.... Neighbor got the drive cleared out. and finally ,the sun came out, the ice melted... we did get out to the store yesterday.. stocked up on more milk, in case we get more snow... Our driveway is not difficult to use even with the 4 inches of snow. ,, but we had pre-arranged for neighbor Jeff to plow it out when ever we got the deep snows .. and he just likes to run his little snow plow,so he does his drive and then ours..... .. what a great neighbor!>.

staying home a lot , I have made 4 crib sized afghans out of the yarn brought me ( from her yard-sale shopping)..and still have enough for about 3 more.. also have read a lot .looked around yesterday and decided I better spend today dusting (or not).. would prefer to go visit Donna..
    Leaving hubby by himself is kind of asking for trouble.. since his unsteady ness has increased.. but I need to hear a female voice!!.. Called a friend ,a widow, last evening .we talked for about 30 min.. she lives alone and was thinking the same thing. I will call her again soon..

I will be back to read what all you are doing... so write up folks!

Comment

Good morning...I am headed out the door 30 minutes early today...I was called into work 45 minutes early..we have a group of 40 base ballplayers coming to eat at 10:15 It won't be horrible..I will have help....I tried yesterday to get as much extra done as I could for the shift last night..I am hoping they returned the favor or didn't use all my extra stuff..once I am done with my stuff..I will start helping my station mate..she didn't get called in early...she is coming in I am greatful....It sure seems that when its not one thing its another with her!! She went to get her meds changed yesterday and the insurance isn't covering one of them....I told her I had to get off the phone last night to go to sleep I was exausted.

Did I say I am glad its Friday:?

Maxie sorry that the blues lost....

Comment

Good morning.
        There was no rain at all here yesterday, and the forecast went from 90 to 100% chance of it. The sun isn’t up yet, so I don’t know if there was any overnight. Right now it’s 37° out, going to 45°, and tonight 27°.....the probability of rain dropped from 100% to 70%. Wherever that happens probably won’t be in our neighborhood. But I hope I’m wrong.
        Mother Nature is sure short-changing us on both rain and sunshine.

Today I told E I would go shopping with him. He has procrastinated for 3 days. He will meet up with one of his friends to return some gadget to him, I think. E told him he didn’t modify the thing because of his current condition. His friend also doesn’t see why cardiology isn’t being on the ball with him. The condition is treatable. Believe me, when the time comes to fill out the “How Did We Do” Questionnaire, they are going to get the lowest of ratings with scathing comments. Meanwhile, E is finding a bit of footing (less pain), but is doing less as well. The next bad episode he will either just walk in, or call 911 and have witnesses that he needs to be looked at and helped. Karlinann, we know cardiology should be on top of things, as that’s where our niece used to work before she got sick. She carries around oxygen these days, and can’t help. There was a big personnel turnover. But no, the doctor has discussed nothing with him yet. They took 99 pictures (MRI or X-ray), when he did see the doc he just put him on the monitor for 6 weeks, after a week he emailed cardiology....they said just keep calling for an opening or cancellation spot. Otherwise there is an Appointment in mid/late April for him. And it is frustrating.
        So I just want to make his life here less stressful, and sit with him when he is having difficulty, so I can make the call if need be.

Other than that, today we will be shopping. It will be a sweatshirt day for me. I hope my warmer slacks haven’t shrunk. I have a check from Costco that I can spend. E would love some Polish sausage, and Costco has a good one.

Thats a bunch of baby blankets you have done, Janet! Beth, hope yesterday was good for you, but today will be easier? Paula hope you are about over what you caught. Cookie, hope your day goes well, too.
        And I wish everybody a good day. ☀️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Oh, thanks, Jo, I am about over it. I am not needing any cough medicine at night and feeling just about perfect. It sure seems to take this esr awhile to not be stopped up, but it is not nearly as bad as it was.

It should be a good Friday here, too. Weather was kind of cold because of the wind yesterday but we braved it for the fun in the sun time.

I have throw blankets and one towel in the wash right now. then I will have a small load of my laundry and be done! Floors and trying to get rid of a mystery smell (which with the lingering effects of my cold is a bit hard). Yesterday after lunch I thought I smelled onions. I finally decided it was the chicken tortilla soup and got the container all thrown away, but something just kept lingering. So I am cleaning the floor and the garbage container before daycare and hope anything the kids might have spilled is cleaned up.
          I might cook bacon to get rid of any odor! Not really, but that or Snickerdoodles sure are a great air freshener.

Jo, your endorsement of the Costco Polish sausages just put them on my list! I love them, but with your Polish background it makes them even better! the loaded Pirogis that Spencer ate at the hospital had cut up sausage on them with other food. Looked really good!

Karlinann, we always go to the blueberry farm in June and pick ours. I still have a big bag in the freezer. I say "we" but it has been Becky and one of her friends that does the picking. the daycare kids love them. And there are so many blackberry (huge) bushes around here that almost everyone knows someone who lets you pick on their property or their kids pick and sell...you know which option I choose, right?
          Encourage those kids to work and earn money, I say. And avoid snakes along the way.

Sorry to hear your team didn't do as well last night, maxie. Now we hope the others do poorly, too, so it evens out?

I am so sorry to ehar how E is having to deal with this doctor. At least around here if you arrive by ambulance to the ER they take those chest jpains seriously. Of ocurse, I hope he doesn't have any episodes that require that, but if he does...

Beth, it is Friday and that and the baseball team coming through should make for a great day! You know athletes: always hungry and ready for your food.

Have a good day and so happy to see you, Aunt Maye!

Comment

Paula, my grandmother would fry up a chopped onion, and slices of potatoes, and chunks of kielbasa In her big skillet, with a gob of butter, every day at midday, for my grandfather. It smelled so good. He’d have a large plate full.
            Thats pretty much the way I like to cook it. My mom served kielbasa with pierogis, both potato & cheese, and sauerkraut ones. I do that, too, depending on what my taste buds called for.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Good morning! Slept in this morning but had been up very early so maybe it is not sleeping in. Yes the Blues lost last night but you knew it was coming....can't always win but it sure was nice while we were! We can start another winning streak tomorrow.

Jo I find your doctor problem to be disturbing. I would think going in through the emergency room would get you attention. Never heard of people being that nonchalant with a heart condition. This would be very stressful on anyone and just create more problems. April is a long way off!!

Blackberries are very expensive around here. Most are wild so they are coming in from other areas. I have never seen a blueberry bush...I only eat them in a muffin and never buy them so guess you could say I am not a huge blueberry fan. I do see small containers of them in the store and assume they are also expensive. Roadside stands around here sell corn or apples.

I had MRIs and CAT scans on my shoulder last summer and never had the machine move me around. If you are in pain why would you want to be manipulated by a machine? Well, maybe it is new fangled and super duper top of the line in machines. Hope you get results quickly. Maye, good neighbors are hard to find for sure! Just getting the drive clean and knowing you can get in and out if necessary is a relief.

Beth hope you get the help you need today and they respected what you did in advance. Having advanced warning of a group coming through is helpful isn;t it?

Jon is off today. He did not sleep last night for some reason so called off. I do that so I know how he feels. We are not good sleepers in this family. Sorta the family curse! Right now I am in the best sleep mode of my life...hope it lasts. We did get groceries yesterday and then came home to a note in the mailbox about my car blocking the neighbors mailbox from the mailman. So I cannot park in front on my own house? I am not blocking a mailbox but the mailman cannot move straight from their box to ours without going around my car so I need to move, HOWEVER, he will not be able to get in close to the neighbors box without backing up because he is parked in front of his house. So I moved across the street but Jon called and was angry. I say never piss off the mailman when you on line order as much as I do! I like mail people and think rural carriers have a crappy job. He also delivers my coffee!

Laundry is caught up and Andrew will be here after school but is leaving early to eat out with his mom so I do not have to cook. Sierra is out picking up her taxes. Jon got his yesterday and would have paid for hers but the gal at the desk acted like Sierra's taxes were holy and would give him no info. There are a lot of 'new people' doing jobs around here and it may be my age but I not very tolerant of 'new people'. everyone has to learn their job but why are they so dumb about it? He wanted to pay for his daughters taxes for goodness sake. My doctor has new people and I swear they try not to learn something!

Sun is shining but rain and storms are coming I hear. No plans for the day. Have a great one each of you..

Comment

• karlinann
                karlinann commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, those little packs of blueberries are tre expensive. They put the big packs on sale around here when they come in season. They are grown in Plant City, Fl and they are so big and delicious. The strawberries are in season now at Aldi's and they sell for $1.29 for the big pack. They are not ripe enough though. I usually wait until they are very ripe and they put them on sale for 49 cents a pack. This year I will freeze more berries.

Your mailman brings you coffee? Work it girl!

• karlinann
                karlinann commented
                Editing a comment
                BTW, DH said his foot was on a block and the block was tilting, not the machine. Sorry about that. At least you had the intelligence to question it Maxie, but I didn't even consider that the machine was not able to move. Dufus head me!

Karlinann, I order my coffee through Amazon...the stores around here do not carry my particular brand, Folgers Morning Cafe. My sister was buying for me in St. Louis but not taking any money so I just found it on Amazon. I let her buy my lunch on occasion but do have my standards with my morning coffee! My mailman brings in my coffee order every other month! That does make more sense with the MRI machine. Amazing what they all find in their area scope. My shoulder MRI found a lump on my breast last summer...that turned out to be a nothing burger but lead to other scopes and scans. They can scope you in places you don't want them into or know they are going!

Comment

We get our coffee/mocha/tea through. Amazon, too. I finally managed to cancel a coffee order, so E could switch to another coffee.

Today we aren’t shopping. After I finished typing here, I started running to the bathroom. Then I took a shower and got out of breath and dizzy. I never let my hair just air dry, but today I did. It fell into a decent hairdo, which means I have a decent haircut. I’m just sitting in the rocker with the hot pad. I felt nauseous for like 20 minutes, I think. Better now. But I don’t trust my bottom, even with Depends. E said he will pick up milk and a few things today. Then we can finish the shopping on Monday. The bulldozer in my gut should be gone by then.

Maxie, if he decides on going to the ER, it will be with paramedics. That is the only way to get quick attention, but maybe a wait for the doctor in the ER exam room. BTDT. The last time he went to the ER on his own, it was at least a 3-hour wait til he was called, a couple hours wait in the ER exam room before a doc arrived. Urgent Care is a joke..... the gal gave him 2 other addresses he might try. One didn’t have the equipment, the other didn’t have proper staffing. When we move to Phx, we will have a choice among the sister hospital to the one here (not!), a Mayo Clinic Hospital, and a big hospital in Sun City that is supposed to be a good one, particularly for seniors.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

WOW! While I have been wiling away in the bathroom, we have gotten 3” of snow! A little more, says the yardstick. E just got missed by the chunk that slid off the roof.
                  Okay, no big deal for most of you, but for us it is! It’s very cold out, but it makes the desert land look pretty. E is taking pics, so I will try to post a few later. The last time I posted our snow pictures, it was just a dusting of snow.
                  Another bathroom run and “accident” to take care of first.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Snow, seriously! I thought Arizona was supposed to be warmer, without the white stuff and def not 27 at night. JoGee hope you get to feeling better soon.

You guys will not believe which movie I just saw on TCM, "Turner Classic Movies." Born Free. Yep, and it was so good. I cannot believe that I'd never seen it. The end was so sweet, and I highly recommend this movie if you've never seen it.
                    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

Our snow:
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

wow!

Comment

Working...
                        X