Wednesday, February 20

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday, February 20

Good morning Rounders! JoGee I saw the Snow moon, but it looks so small way up there and it's surrounded by wispy clouds. Usually by 4 am the full moons are much closer to the earth here, but it must have something to do with the month. Hmm!

I did get the Lanai scrubbed with bleach and DH even helped me a little with the area on the ceiling over the workbench. It smells so good out there now and I sat out there and read some of my new book by Nicholas Sparks. I got 3 books by Jonathan Kellerman that I cannot read. I thought I didn't like his writing, but a volunteer at the library recommended him so I thought I'd give him a try. No, I can't! Boring psychological stuff.

We don't usually go grocery shopping on Wednesday, but I'm going today cuz we are almost out of milk. I think I'll go alone so dh does not have to walk on that concrete floor. It was rough on him last time.

Today is garbage pick-up and I carted all that purge stuff to the curb last evening. It was a market umbrella, trash can full of 2x4 pieces of wood, plus our regular trash. I had no more gotten into the house when my neighbor was picking the wood out of the can. You know I debated asking him if he wanted that wood, because he restores campers and rebuilds the inside, but he was so busy yesterday that I hesitated bothering him. I'm so glad he got the wood though so it won't end up in a landfill. DH had gotten the 2x4 from a reno in our immediate neighborhood last year and I tried to make something with it and cut it into pieces, but the trellis I was trying to build didn't happen.

Our water bill was higher this time, but that does not include the tile reno period. That must have been when dh was still playing PB and I was doing laundry every other day. That means that our next bill will be colossal! I'm scared just thinking about it. The water tank was emptied twice, so that is 80 gallons, plus the tile guy kept the water running all day for 2 or 3 days, plus all the water he flushed down the toilet, and yes they charge you for sewer usage. Ei yi yi!

The Nicholas Sparks book is called Every Breath and it's so romantic. If you need a little umph in the romance dept give it a read. It's a really good story.

This is my novelette for the day. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning..Macie did the game almost give a heart attack?? I was game. I think I like watching hockey! Seemed exciting.

Comment

Good Wednesday Trash day! The trucks have come and gone and the next thing for me is to bring the can back behind the gate. I used only one this week. And it is yard waste week so my recycling bin is not going to be picked up and it is full. (One of the downsides to using Amazon: lots of cardboard)

It is also lawn day and I think it will be a good weather day so a lot of work can be done. I have oleander from the neighbor's yard growing through my fence and I want it to be cut and taken care of anytime it starts coming through.
      I am ready for some spring color, too! I just haven't felt like going to Home Depot for flowers.

Yesterday I had one of my favorite school girls here. She is old enough to stay home but her mom asked if she could come with her brother and I was really happy to say yes. We can talk and have a good time and she and the 9 year old boy ahd a good time comparing games on their devices. Anyway, by Spring break she will be old enough to not count in my attendance and can be added as a helper. I told her mom she doesn't have to pay for her and I will figure out what I will pay her!

Ok, that moon is beautiful here! Rising over the river last night it was just gorgeous. The one night I had left my phone at home when I took my friend Tina to do some errands and shop. She totaled her car last month on a rainy slick country road and is in the process of finding another.

My DIL was kept another day in the hospital due to pain issues so we are hoping she feels good enough to come home today.

I am feeling a lot better and my cough is almost gone. My ear is still plugged but not hurting. So, I count that all good!
      I need to go vacuum the daycare and start deciding what we will have for lunch today. I had thought spaghetti but not sure now. What do I want to clean up? Do I think my food agent will come today?

I am thinking of all of you and wishing you well. Keep posting and keep watching for Spring!

Comment

Good Morning. Snow & more snow predicted for today. Schools got canceled around 6am today. Oh yea.

Yesterday was OK. I hustled first thing in the morning making a couple deliveries & creating a cookie tray. Came home and felt washed out. Went out to lunch with a friend, then came home & collapsed. The first day of a cold just wipes me out. I don't sound bad, but I get a low grade fever. Blaise did pass his test & got his next belt. Felt bad for little David who didn't pass. They were very kind & encouraging to him. They let him try several times, and he just couldn't get it all together. Came home & just watched Bull. We did stop at Subway and got a sandwich to share for our supper.

Today I hope to rest & relax. We've already picked 2 movies to watch together. I do need to bake a pie for the Bistro, though it won't get delivered. Now if she wants one of her drivers to come pick it up, that's fine, but I'm not going out on those roads. In the meantime, lots of blowing my nose & washing my hands.

Have a good one all!

Comment

It was a great game right Beth? Nothing more exciting than an overtime win! That makes 12 wins in a row...oh boy, I'm loving it!!

Well, good morning, everyone. I am in a good mood today. Let's Go Blues! Today is lunch with the school chums and looks like the roads are melting. No school cancellations around here. We got more sleet/freezing rain than snow and the temps are warming quickly to above freezing. Sierra says the roads were horrible last night. People are getting lessons in driving in crappy conditions this year.

So today I will have lunch and then drop off my taxes. Wish I had thought to call for a haircut after lunch but these haircuts sorta sneak up on you. Hair looks great one day and you need a cut the next! If I have time I will run into the grocery and check out meat. everyone will be home for supper tonight so think I will make a quick spaghetti. Our water bill has been high all winter but I do laundry and run the dishwasher every day. Our sewer comes in on a separate bill and is normally the same as the water. Another racket they have for getting our money. I am waiting for the power bill with all that sub zero weather on it! Yikes!

Guess I will call and see how my sister's day after her surgery is going then shower and head out on my way. No sun today but maybe tomorrow with much warmer temps. Just gotta melt last nights ice and ick. Have a great one!!!

Comment

Good morning.
            Paula, thanks for the supermoon shot on Facebook. Our skies were heavily clouded last night, but later we saw the moon overhead, very bright but small.
            Another amazing sight now is the waterfall at Yosemite that is flowing some lava. The glow of the lava is outstanding. It is probably slowed a bit by the severe weather there right now and the deep snows.

Speaking of weather, it’s 33° here right now, going to the mid 50’s today, but back to sub-freezing (in the 20’s) again tonight.
            the next couple of days will be colder, Friday reaching only in the 40°’s. Unbelievable.
            Last night I took a sleep aid. I needed some uninterrupted sleep, and I slept a full 7-1/2 hours, which is why I’m a bit late in posting today.

I haven’t any particular plans for today. I don’t think I’m over whatever I caught yet. But the symptoms don’t feel so overwhelming today.

Stay warm and well, and have a good day. ☀️
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• maxie
              maxie commented
              Editing a comment
              No moon sightings around here either. haven't seen a star in a while but then I am not normally out in the dark! This one day warm and the next freezing is not good on anyones head. Went to bed with a headache last night and woke up with one this morning..just naggy. This weather has really been weird this winter. I want our normal mild winter back but think those days are over in my lifetime.

We are all holding our breath waiting to see what the bankruptcy for our power company will mean for families.
            I was taking an Alka Seltzer capsule for cold cough and congestion. I stopped yesterday because I am not so congested and I was having such Weird dreams.
            last night was back to normal, so good night sleep and no coughing.

Comment

Working...
            X