Tuesday, February 19

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday, February 19

Good morning Rounders! It's 64* going to 74* with a 70% chance of rain.

Yesterday was a holiday and I didn't even realize it, so I put my mail in the box and flipped up the flag. At the end of the day when I went out to get the mail there was that flag still up. Don't it make you feel like a big dope? Arrgghh!

I got in a clean and purge mood yesterday afternoon and attacked the Lanai. I purged all the pieces of 2x4's that I was saving for I don't know what, all the plastic coffee containers, and a few plastic plant pots from Lowe's. I have a basket clothes hamper that I was saving for something and I took the lid off and placed it in the garden and filled it with leaves so they can compost and not blow all over. Yes, the basket will decompose over time, but that is ok. Better than just throwing it in the trash.

It was almost 90* out on the Lanai so I had to open some windows. I've got it organized and now it will need a good scrub to remove the mold. I was so exhausted by the time I finished that I was thankful I'd put dinner in the crockpot earlier in the day. I made the Drunken Cranberry Chicken from the Aldi's website. They have good recipes so I thought I'd give it a try. It's listed under the Poultry section and boy is it delicious. DH loved it too. I will make that again. After dinner I had to take an Advil and go to bed. So exhausted. I just don't have the stamina anymore.

I have a load of laundry to do today, and I may put the pegs on the hat/coat rack that I've been meaning to make. I've already made one and it is handy.

Peace & Plenty. I'm off to have coffee and work on the puzzle. Ciao.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning...running through this morning. Temp is 26 but warming to 35..no sun and snow sleet and freezing rain tonight. Wish I had a reason to open a window...other than a death wish!

Going in to shower and get ready to leave for the doctor. Should be an in and out and a total waste of time but I do have a return to make at Kohl's after and then home to fix supper. Blues play tonight! Can we win 11 in a row? Gonna be in my chair watching! This will soon be one of my favorite times of the year when the Blues are in playoffs and the Cardinal season starts. The other best time of the year is when the Cardinals are in the playoffs and the Blues season is starting next fall.

Karlinann you say you have no stamina? I think you are moving around just fine! Yesterday I did laundry and talked on the phone with my sister. I know, it was a full day for me...exhausting. I have ice in my veins and need some sun and warmth. We are not used to this type of winter any more. Well, gotta go. Have a great day...did not know Aldi's had a recipe site. Will check that out. We are having pork chops because some silly brought them up yesterday thinking I was going to cook on a holiday. What a goofball!

Comment

Good morning, all.
      We did have some rain yesterday evening...about 1//2 hour of light rain. More forecasted before the weekend. It’s currently 37° outside, going to 52° today and 27° tonight. This cold snap will last through the weekend, as currently forecasted. Whose weather are we getting? I’d like a trade back, please.

I still have yesterday’s symptoms, but seem to have a bit more energy this morning. I might need that nap I didn’t take yesterday, though. In the wee hours this morning my Fitbit went crazy. It says I woke about 2:30. However, it was 3:00 when I was aware of its constant buzzing and being all lit up. (It’s bright, and E says he thinks the light during the night wakes him up.). Well I looked at the Fitbit, and it says it needs to be realigned. So I got up and put it on the charger. Will let E figure out what needs to be aligned.
      When it woke me, I was aware of a very fast heart rate. So after putting it on the charger, I went back to bed. I couldn’t get back to sleep though, but my heart rate is much closer to normal now. I finally got out of bed at 5 a.m. Which is why I may need to get a nap later on. I am not making specific plans for today.

There should be a full moon tonight —- they call it the Snow Moon. I am aware of it because after we went to bed, our room seemed a bit brighter than usual with the light hitting our window. My last thought before falling asleep was that we must have a full moon if it’s so bright outside.

There doesn’t seem to be anything of interest to add, so I guess I will just wish you all a very good day. ☀️
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

I saw that almost full moon rising last night, evening. It was big and the sky was clear. I was taking a friend to do some errands so I was sitting in my car and could enjoy the moon.

My ear is still closed up; eustatian tubes? Anyway, that is what is causing the pain and I am hoping it clears soon. Sound is distorted and I am sure daycare will be adventurous today...I made up an easy menu and that is all I can do right now.

I do have to remember to thaw some baby milk. The mom said she was going to make an appointment and I am hoping it isn't a hair appointment which will take a long time.

I did get laundry done and not much else, except shopping for food. When you do not feel great that is a lot (dealing with crowds and lines at Walmart).

My DIL came through her surgery well and will lprobably come home today.
        Stuart and his family got home form their trip to Utah for a family wedding driving and managed to make it without bad roads. He said there was one spot with a big truck next to them going around a curve when he felt the car slide a bit and thought, Oh, this is not where I want to die! Things you don't tell your mother!
        Their next trip is next month to Hawaii with his in laws. The parents are taking all their children and their families to the Big Island! Stuart went with a friend in high school but Jenni has never been and this trip will be a welcome reprieve from the winter they are having.

I hope you all get through your day unscathed and happy. I am hoping I get through with a smile on my face!

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! Yesterday started out this way, but the clouds rolled in & it snowed a little off & on.

Have I told you lately how much I HATE cleaning? Sunday night we didn't get to play cards due to the snow & ice. That put me in a bad mood. Anyways, I knew if I ask my Mom about us coming to clean her place, she'd put it off for the 3rd week in a row. I just wanted to get this torcher done & over with, so we didn't tell her we were coming. Becca came down, and my SIL & niece joined us. I didn't think it'd take as long as it did, but we got all the floors done, some furniture moved, dusted everything, and some kitchen cupboards cleaned out. We did coax her into pitching some things. In fact, I brought home some of the pitching & burning stuff so that my brother Ray wouldn't see it. He sometimes gets his panties in a twist & huffs and puffs. He still lives there. He's a bit of a pack rat. He buys multiples and sometimes has multiples of items going at the same time. She's getting a big dumpster later this spring to get rid of all the construction garbage from her bathroom remodel. Told her I'd come again when she gets it & will clean the basement & garage. I'll pitch!!!!

Came home & felt like crap. Had to meet Kathy to get Blaise's karate belt that she was suppose to get to me all last week. After that I came home and took a nap. Woke with the beginnings of a cold. Took Blaise to karate.

This morning I had to make a couple of deliveries. A cake to the church for a funeral dinner & a pie to the restaurant. Made up a large tray of cookies for a customer for pick up soon. I must say, I sure have a nice assortment in the freezer. Linda is picking me up for lunch. I sell my pies at their stand in the summer. We've been saying we need to go out to lunch together, and today is the day. Tonight Blaise tests for his next belt.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Finally home. Got behind several state trucks pretreating the roads and that slowed traffic down. Then met Sierra for lunch, made my return and talked with my sister. She had carpel tunnel surgery on her hand today. She is looking forward to a week of fast food because her husband does not cook at all..not even to boil water. Dr. told me to lay off the fast food and I had to tell him I LOVE fast food and since I had not gained a pound in a year he could eat salads but I was stopping for a burger on the way home. Some doctors really do have a sense of humor..makes the appointment pleasanter. Actually we ate a Fazzolis. Have another appointment with him in a year but he did tell me what he is watching for. Good thing everything relates to old age and I am thinking of not having any more birthdays. They are just not worth the cake and presents...ya know?

Paula maybe you need another visit to the doctor? I hate when my ears are clogged. Good luck to Blaise tonight Cookie and have a nice lunch.

Going to start a load of towels and get out of my dress clothes...that means get these jeans off and back into my sweatpants. House is cold so furnace is probably telling me I am not home. A quick push of the button will tell it different! Weather moving in in a few hours and it would be nice if everyone in this house were in for the evening. Sierra has to work and if the roads get bad ANdrew's mom will stop for him on her way home from work. That saves Jon a trip out because the kid normally stays until 7:00 every evening so he and his dad have several hours a day together. Stay warm and safe if you are in the path of this latest snow/ice event. Karlinann I need a bottle of that sun!!!

Comment

That energy I felt early today, apparently was not. I did take a nap, but that didn’t help. I feel wiped out today. Sneezing and such. I looked in the mirror and my eyes are all red. On top of this cold, weird weather, there are pollens and allergens being blown around by the winds. The last couple of years at this time, I was planting seeds in my garden.
              E said to just relax, and insisted that he’d make frozen dinners tonight. I must look frightful.

The good old news is that my Fitbit is okay. The battery was only half charged, but I recharged it fully and that seemed to take care of the alignment problem it reflected. I was ready to malign the thing after all its ruckus at 3 a.m.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
              X