Monday, February 18

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday, February 18

Yesterday was so beautiful and I had a wonderful peace filled day. I sowed Nigella and Morning Glory seeds in the garden. I transplanted 3 Cleome's and I discovered that I have given away my few Hummingbird Vine seeds that I had saved. I sure hope some seeds fell on the ground so it will come up again.

I also discovered that the tile man or his fiancé left the water spigot/hose on since last Tuesday. Thank goodness it was only a drip coming out the spray nozzle otherwise our water bill would have been through the roof. Also, the tile guy installed the hot water/cold water valve backwards. We didn't realize it until Saturday. I kept telling him that the water was scalding hot becuz I usually lean towards the cool side and the colder I turned the faucet handle the hotter the water got. He likes a really hot shower so he was turning it more towards the hot side so therefore he thought that I had used all the hot water. Then he figured out what was wrong. I don't know if it would be an easy fix or if the whole wall would have to be torn out to fix it, but no way is that guy coming back here and no way are we tearing out that wall. It is so frustrating to have spent all that money and discover something like this. We will just live with it.

I read out on the patio and finished my book so that means a trip to the library today. I also have a load of laundry to do.

Maxie you should definitely get the Poppy shower curtain. Think how much pleasure it will bring you and aren't you worth it? It's a gift to yourself. Life is short.

JoGee, yes we have BB&B stores here and every kind of store you can imagine. They are down closer to the city and we avoid that area like the plague.

That's about it for me and my neck of the woods. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

A regular Monday for me...hoping for a good day at work...and this evening I am meeting up with friends. I may make a couple pans of brownies for that. I haven't decided all depends on what kind of time I have once I finally get home.

Comment

Good morning.
      We definitely are back to cold weather again. The highs are in the very low 50’s and nights will be freezing or below for the week. Plus today we have an 80% chance of rain.....somewhere in this area. I’d like to see some fall here, in our neighborhood. I had begun to think we were getting into spring. Nope! Not yet. Am I still in AZ?
      We are under a hard freeze watch through Wednesday. Thursday will br just a bit warmer. But it looks like “hard freeze” weather Friday through Sunday as well.

This is morning I awoke with a tummy ache. I guess it is a perfect day for soup!
      also have a runny nose and a bit of a headache. Could be worse, I guess. Maybe a nap later today. I don’t seem to have a fever. Yay for that, anyway.

Right now I want my cuppa tea. Not sure about breakfast.

I hope that all all of you will have a very good day. ☀️
      Last edited by JoGee; 02-18-2019, 01:03 PM.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        I think the entire world has a runny nose and headache. We all need sun shining on our heads!!

Good morning. Had a wonderful time at my sister's. Both my boys and all 3 of her kids...I had not seen Scott since Christmas or any of the others for that matter. Winter is hard on socializing! The freezing drizzle turned into plain old drizzle early and the roads were fine. Just wish it would warm up!

I did not tell you that Friday night/Saturday morning Sierra woke me to say I had to see this. She was up getting something to eat and opened the front door to check the weather. Across the street in the neighbors yard were 7 deer. They were huge and just grazing on whatever you eat in someones brown yard. We watched a while but neither had the sense to take a picture. I had never seen that many deer up close before. Now I am thinking when we landscape the front yard we may have to look into deer resistant shrubs.

The Blues won again yesterday...10 in a row!! This is wonderful...from last place to 3rd and still climbing. I got home in time to watch the third period. Play again Tuesday...omg, this is such fun. The full cardinal team reports today for Spring training. If only this long winter would break. More snow tomorrow night.

My sister made me a new bag and it is so cute. I use her bags as purses since I like big bags and all I do is tell her mine is wearing out. Surprise! Never know what color or pattern she will use. In a couple of months I will bring out the one with parrots for summer. I love that bag but it is definitely summer. I have a Christmas bag, summer bag and now a new rest of the year bag. So glad she retired!

Tomorrow I have an early appointment with the cardiologist so not sure I will check in. Last year I had that heart cath and they found nothing so it was nothing but a big waste of time and I have no heart problems but here I am seeing him again for my annual visit. Actually I thought I had cancelled this a year ago since I normally do cancel this type of appointment. Why do you need a followup when nothing was wrong in the first place?

Paula, never in my life would I have thought I would use Urgent Care but we actually do. Sometimes it is just a fast service and a lot of times you already know what is wrong and what you need. When the wasp stung me last summer I knew what I needed and did not have to call the doctor for an appointment or use the emergency room. And now that prescriptions are sent electronically they are filled so much faster too. Hope you get better quickly.

Ok, I am going to revisit the poppies. Back to spending the afternoon in my favorite shopping sites. Jon started the dishwasher before he left for work but the sink is still full of dirty dishes. Some people must have had a feeding frenzy with all the dirty dishes this morning. Not me...I slept the entire night without waking once.

Well guess I should get moving. Need to run the vac. Amazing how messy and dirty a house can get when no one is here! Must be gremlins! Have a good day.

Comment

good morning! go Blues!
        Karlinann, I saw another even better idea for shower stuff: a tension rod across the back wall of the shower that you hang your shampoo, etc whatever you would have sitting on a shelf in the shower.

Maxie, about those deer resistant shrubs: Good luck with that! CA deer don't seem picky at all and eat everything my friends have planted.
        that sounds like a beautiful night scene that you guys saw.
        My brother sent me a crossbody bag that Delta sells. They changed out all the uniforms and instead of just trashing the uniforms had a company make bags and a few things out of them. When Bruce was first telling me about this my mind thought he was going to say Delta was donating the uniforms to some Third World country for people...but no. they found another way to make money from them. So I have a black with red accent crossbody bag which will be good when travelling (especially on Delta!) and shopping when I need less baggage size.

I am driving my taxes up to the office. I did not make the appointment on Saturday due to being to sick to do anything but go to the doctor ( a very young physician's assistant!) and to the pharmacy. did I tell you the generic Flonase from the pharmacy is 1/2 the price f the Walmart brand Flonase??? My two meds at the pharmacy were 12.99 and the one I bought at Walmart (before I knew I had a prescription called in ) was 11.97...

I am n ot as organized as I have been in past years with my taxes. Having had two major colds during my prep time and I am not sure what else has contributed, but just not feeling it as much. Part of it is not seeing my regular accountant. He knew Gary really well and pretty much everything about us for the last 25 years.

It is sunny and cold and I am happy I am not driving in rain or worse.
        Beth, Chico State also does not take off President's Day but it does take off a day in March (I think) for Cesar Chavez Day! the farm worker who got the boycott on grapes way back...
        And I don'tthink we have mail delivery today. I will put out my flag when I leave in about 30 minutes.

I hope you all have a healthy day (get better Jo) and look for those signs of Spring.
        Spring Training counts as one of them, maxie.

My DIL just went into surgery. spencer will keep us updated.
        Wishing all of us well!

Comment

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          I had forgotten about taxes! I think I have all the papers and have to be back home Wednesday so will drop them off. Thank goodness for generic drugs. Jon has very good drug insurance and I pay from a drug supplemental on my Medicare. The price of drugs is ridiculous. Glad you are feeling better!
      Working...
      X