Sunday, February 17

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday, February 17

Good morning peeps! It's 63* here going to low 80's. We are going to be in the mid 80's all this week. I guess I'll see some seeds sprouted after this week.

Aunt Maye so sorry about your friend and hope you get more visits. I'm glad they have such a thing as Hospice.

DH can drive again, but he is taking it a little at a time. He also went shopping with me yesterday, but I could tell that standing on the concrete floor was taking a toll. I unloaded the groceries and made him sit as soon as we got home.

Two dinners in a row that I didn't have to cook. Last evening we had that chicken I brought home chopped up in a salad with a few more additives and boy was it delicious. We both loved it. I want to go to Cheddar's for my B'Day.

There is a 25% chance of rain today and it may happen. Hope you get some sun if you are living in the cold clime and hang on cuz spring is right around the corner. Maxie, to answer your question about the new glass shower doors; they are hard to clean if you have lime deposits in your water such as we do here. You can use one of those squeegee things to keep the deposits down on the doors, but we had the glass at the other house and it was so much scrubbing with Barkeeper's Friend to get the soap scum off. IMHO, the shower curtain works.

Today is Spaghetti/Meatballs, sautéed spinach, and vanilla pudding for dessert. No garlic knots, but what are you gonna do. Peace & Plenty.
    ps Paula, I've been doing the Pigeon Pose exercise when my Sciatic Nerve flares up and it is helping. Also, I can now do the heel slide while lying in bed and I couldn't do that one before.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Morning! Waiting to see how the roads are going to be later this morning because we are heading down to my sister's. Scott texted this morning and he will be coming north so is also watching the roads from his direction. Every weekend we have some type of winter weather...getting old! Some one mentioned on face book that the geese are flying so Spring must be getting close. I think they are flying to get away from all the crappy weather and don't care what direction they go!

Blues won again yesterday and this is never getting old! They play again this afternoon but I will record it for later. I record every game anyway for Sierra. She watches at night while she does her homework after work. The guys in this family are not interested in hockey but the girls never miss a game. Going to have to get a new shirt for when we make the playoffs...

Can't remember what I did yesterday other than laundry. Humm...that may have been all I did yesterday! No school tomorrow in honor of Presidents Day. That means no cooking!!!!! Tuesday I have a doctor appointment and that will mean a trip so probably won;t cook then either. Wednesday is lunch with the school chums and since it is back home I cannot find any excuse to get out of it....geeze, may not have time to cook on Wednesday either. This is shaping up to be a good week!!!

Want another cup of coffee before hitting the shower. Have a good and happy Sunday. So darn sick of this winter and every other day of bad weather and cold. We had gotten used to light winters and then suddenly get smacked with this one. Last year we went straight from winter into summer and I would not mind a repeat of that. I need some hot sun on the top of my head!! Karlinann, I have fallen in love with this bright shower curtain full of poppies. It is gorgeous but cost a fortune...I dunno...it is a beauty. I like shower curtains!

Comment

Good morning.☕️
      It is a sunny 33° morning here. It should eventually reach 57° this afternoon. Tomorrow will be colder, a high of 51° and 80% chance of rain. I wonder if it will hit us? Well, I will enjoy today’s sunshine.

Yesterday I got our laundry done. Not much else. We had leftover Strognoff MAC with veggies for supper. I have one more meal’s worth of the sauce. Also have pasta with spaghetti sauce leftovers, so maybe that for tonight.

Nothing much going on today. I would like to hire someone to do yard cleanup, and at least get an estimate of the cost. I don’t think E can do that anymore, but isn’t admitting to it yet. I know I can’t without repercussions these days.

I guess i will bring in the paper and see what’s going on in the world. Then wonder why I didn’t just concentrate on the comics and puzzle page.

Karlinann, we have hard water here, too. I know the grief of extra work because of it. Those shower curtains are a good buffer for it.

Maxie, if you love those shower curtains, they are well worth the cost. And will probably last longer.

Aunt Maye, I am sorry to hear about your friend. The problem gets easier when it is accepted, as she has done. But it isn’t easy to watch someone we care about go through it.

Hope you all have a good day. ☀️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning..I am in the middle of fixing food for Bible Study. My first time to fix a main dish. I Am fixing taco pasta in my instapot. I hope it turns out.This is first time I have ever made a double batch of anything. I will just have to eat some and make sure it’s ok. I am good with that it’s one of my favorites.

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! We are saying Mother Nature is bi-polar around here. It's suppose to snow & freeze rain a little later today.

Yesterday was good. Once we got up & moving, it was off to karate. Blaise earned his testing stripe, so he'll be testing for his next belt on Tuesday. Dropped him off at home, and I made 6 stops in 2 hrs in town. Had to pick up some gift certificates and a few groceries. Arby's was my last stop.

Have I said how much I LOVE my air fryer? It's not only great for making tots & fries, but it's also great for reheating. It's much quicker than heating up the oven. I put my other half of my Arby's sub in there to reheat & it came out so crispy & tastes fresh. I've listened to others & they would take an instant pot over an air fryer, but I guess it's each to their own. I had made my own chicken "nuggets" the other night, and I rewarmed them in the fryer last night for supper.

I came home to a new baking order for a lemon pie for 7pm, and had to get the restaurant's order down to them too. Was just getting ready to sit down after getting both of those orders done, and got another call for 2 pies for this afternoon. Love it. I currently don't have any orders for the near future, so these kinds of calls are a God send. Bills keep coming whether I have orders or not.

I've been binge watching some of the shows I've had recording since last fall. Caught up on Chicago Medical, and now watching New Amsterdam. Next will be Bull.

This morning I had a rude awakening at 6:25am....MOM! I NEED YOU!!!! Blaise was throwing up....again. He did this last Tues and didn't go to school. Then Friday he came home and did the little butt cheeks squeezed together & shuffle run from the bus stop...he had the squirts. Was fine by evening & was fine Tues by the afternoon. Now this. He was suppose to go home with Kathy today from church and stay overnight because there is no school tomorrow. So much for that. We just can't catch a break....him or us.

I've got the pies baked for pick up this afternoon. Starting to work on Corky's food for lunches this week. Not sure what I'm going to take to cards this evening. My Aunt P says just snacks...no dinner...but I know the snacks will be everyone's dinner. I'm thinking about making chili dip with little pigs in a blanket around it. The little pigs are those cocktail sausages that you then wrap in crescent rolls. I'll bake it there. I think a veggie platter too. There is suppose to be 6 of us tonight. It's suppose to be me, my Mom, my SIL Sherry, Aunt P, & my cousins Karen & Linda. Normally it's just 4, but tonight we expanded it. We are playing at my Aunt P's. It's suppose to snow some, so I told my Mom I'd pick her up so she won't fret. It's my SIL who's fretting now. We normally play at her place, so she's having to get out for a change.

Thinking of also making a big pot of chili. Hoping then I don't feel the need to cook as much. Corky comes home from work & doesn't want to eat. He just has a bowl of cereal & then goes to bed. So much for family dinners together, plus you add in karate lessons.

Safe travels Maxie!

Have a good one all!

Comment

good morning! I went to Urgent Care at my doctor's office yesterday morning because of extreme pain in my right ear. Infection and so glad I got in whenI did. It opens at 8:00 and I signed in at 8:06 and had a very short wait to be seen. Between hot cloths on my ear and medicine as prescribed my day was spent inside and mostly at an angle: head up but the rest laying down.
            Today is getting better and I am so glad I am off tomorrow, too.

Karlinann, on Pinterest there are a number of shower hacks that show hooks on the shower rod that hold shampoo and other things you use in the shower. I have a clear liner with weights at the bottom and I don't need the suction cups to keep the shower liner hanging down. I have a cotton shower curtain that can be washed and changed out .

Maxie, I agree with Jo: if you get that much happiness out of a shower curtain it is worth the price. and I would check out to see what other patterns that company makes and see what else you might like. I have decided that a liner is cheap and a good way to not have to clean the shower curtain as often and just dispose of the liner. I know some would clean the liner but it is easier for me to replace. We have hard water, too.

I haven't heard nor seen any geese yet. I usually hear them before seeing them. It is exciting to see them going over in their big formations.

My DIL in Maryland is going in for a hysterectomy tomorrow. I wish I was retired and able to go back and help out. Good thing Spencer works from home about 3 days a week and can get the boys to school before he has to leave on the other days. He walks them to school.

One of my friends who lives in Anderson, about 15 miles away, posted yesterday the finally got their power back on. 88 hours without power in the winter! She had sent her kids to her mom's house in chico for the weekend. She had to stay because they have animals to care for.

Well, I am going to rest a bit now. I missed coming here yesterday but read it this morning. The pain in my ear was making me nauseated and dizzy so I couldn't read anything.

Hope you all stay well!
            Sorry about Blaise getting sick, Donna.

Comment

You know, if there is a Bed, Bath & Beyond in FL, Karlinann, you might find those very shower accessories that Paula mentioned in there.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Our shower opening is only 32 inches wide and I have a small skinny tension rod that fits the space. It is only strong enough to support a vinyl shower liner and that is all we need anyway. I buy them at the Dollar Tree for a buck each and they are see through and let the light thru as well. It's a win-win.

I found the hooks for the shower at the Dollar Tree also. They stick to the tile, but are easy to remove if you want. They are very strong and hold the washcloths, Loofahs, etc. We are set.

Sorry you have the ear infection Paula. Take care.
                Last edited by karlinann; 02-17-2019, 07:11 PM.
                "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

Good evening ...

have spent most of the day in a chair.. crocheting ...reading .snoozing.. Its Sunday.!!!.. ( just like Monday.when you are retired)... I waited to see if David would want to go to church.... He Didn't... think he just embarassed about the cane and the wobby , almost falling over. soooo.. we did not go.....I miss it.... but we did go out for dinner at a favorite restaurant.. they make wonderful pasta dishes ( and other good stuff too). huge serving sizes...

thanks for your thoughts on my Friend... yes, she is ready to meet her Lord.. and is not worried about that.. but concern for husband. I hope to get back over for little visit sometime later in this week.. its feels so good to hug a Warm Person.. this lady has a mother, father, 3 brothers and a Sister waiting to greet her!..

Maxie,, I howled when I read your post. the NO COOKING days... they are the greatest.... But.. every so often I go to make something. and my mind is a blank sheet of paper. I ponder, " how do I do that?".. because what you make routinely , you don't have it wrote down anywhere.. another of the Wonders of this being in the 80s... (isn't it amazing how just a shower curtain can make us happy???!!!.. I love my new one too)

Paula, your DIL operation ,Hysto.. is not that difficult to recover from ,IF its just a normal removal..I had it done. not heavy lifting was the main thing. and watch for excess bleeding.. the only thing I was worried about was bowel movements.. no straining , so gulped down some laxative pills.

Donna, I will be back!!!!!!!!!!
                  Hi to all.. better get my books gathered up and head for my warm ,cozy bed, Electric blanket is a God-send!... I like to read in bed. see you all tomorrow..

Comment

Working...
                  X