Saturday, February 16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday, February 16

Good morning Rounders! I am feeling more like myself today and I actually got good sleep. Yesterday was a beautiful day. The window guy gave us a good estimate. For the 4 windows and a new storm door it will be $2,641. That is with install and carry away. Our storm door is awful and has no glass in it, just screen. Every time it rains the rain splashes in on the door, which is metal, but also on the wreath I have hanging on it. The new one will have glass in both top/bottom, plus when you pull down top it has a screen that stays in place. Neat. They have a 4 month waiting period and our estimate is good for 6 mos. Yes, we are definitely getting the package.

We went shopping for the shower curtain yesterday morning and installed it and used our new shower for the first time last evening. It works great. The faucet head puts out a good spray, the shower curtain does not blow out all over the place and I think we will just keep a shower curtain and not get the door. I will have to get those suction cup hooks and see if they will stick to the tile cuz we don't have anything in there to hang a washcloth on. All we have is 2 glass corner shelves. Hope those suction things work.

And we ended up going to Cheddar's for dh's b'day lunch. OMG, is that good food, and cooked from scratch too. I got the chicken tenders honey hot with coleslaw & fries, dh got the chicken tenders Buffalo w/green beans & fries. We shared the coleslaw & green beans. Since it was his B'Day we ordered the little mini cakes. I got the chocolate cake with raspberry filling and fudge sauce and he got the coconut cake w/rum butter sauce and we split them between us. Oh my was that a treat and believe me I brought home chicken and a full tummy plus it jacked up my pulse. We will go back there though and the staff are all wonderful. There was a waiting line out the door when we left.

I'm deeply engrossed in another Ridley Pearson book, Beyond Recognition. It's a page turner for sure, but Aunt Maye it has the language in places so you don't want to read it. It's one of his earlier works.

I transplanted a bunch of the Cleome seedlings to the bank yesterday morning and I pulled up more grass plugs and transplanted those to the yard. I saw more tiny little Cleome's coming up and will transplant those whenever they get big enough. I think I'll be giving Cleome seeds away for years to come.

I've written another booklet. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning. ☕️
    Despite our rain forecast, we got no rain here. However, on his way to get a haircut, E drove past the “wash” which is relatively close to our neighborhood, and saw that there was definitely water running in it. So there was rain, just not in our neighborhood. But apparently it wasn’t running across the road, so it didn’t interfere with traffic. The other end of it must have flooded, because the barber told E that nobody could drive past it......I guess it deprived him of some oh his usual customers.

Today’s weather is in the 50’s for a high, mid 30’s for tonight. We have at least a week of colder weather back. TV news says maybe rain and snow this week? I am SO ready for Spring! I was surprised how warm and sunny yesterday was.

Got a few things done around the house while he was out. But not enough.

I need to contact the med company that sends my blood thinner med. Military retirees cant just go to pharmacies any more, but must use this company. What a hassle it can be sometimes.

Other than that, not much is new.

Hope your day is a very good one! ☀️
    Last edited by JoGee; 02-16-2019, 10:30 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning. I got everything worked out at work. My co worker and I made up and worked well together yesterday. I really do hope it continues that way. If I have more problems I will go straight to chef. He made sure that she knew she was out of line. She apologized.

Today’s plan is absolutely as little as possible and making peanut butter cookies.

Comment

Good Morning! Well if it is the weekend it must mean winter weather will be coming back. Snowed enough yesterday that the roads were slick and everything white again. More stuff coming in for tonight into tomorrow and tomorrow is the birthday party at my sister's. We did not make last month's party because of the weather! So tired of cold and snow and mud and gloom!

Today I have laundry and an afternoon hockey game. We have won 8 in a row!!!! I know it has to end but maybe not today!!

Glad you have things straightened out at work Beth. Karlinann, I also like shower curtains over the glass doors. things may have changed now but they used to be hard to clean and I like to change the curtains and towels out for the seasons. Makes me think I have a new bathroom every season! Jo, funny how rain falls in one area and not another. Wish it would snow someplace else and not here!!

Going to start my day. Had a meatloaf thawed for yesterday and Andrew's mom picked him up early so I went ahead and cooked it and we will have meatloaf sandwiches all weekend. Yum... Have a great Saturday and hope it is warm where you are...18 here this morning!!

Comment

Good very late evening

had a busy day today.. went to visit dear friend ,,, she is at the end of her 2 year fight with Pancreatic cancer... it wins.... but hospice care is coming to the house ,, keeping her comfortable.. hoping for a few more weeks of feeling "good"... she is quietly excepting ... just worries about leaving her husband.... I want to see her again soon.. we were not done talking but I saw she was tired.. then Nephew came to visit with DAvid.. and later grandson Jacob, brought the Girlfriend to meet us. she is a very good choice.. Jake is 24 and she must be that too.. He looked happy.. but they were not clinging together.and that was a good sign to me... so....... hope it continues on...

Karlinann... won't look for any of Pearson's book... Its a shame, they feel that is necessary.... because I like to read Good writing.. not all authors can put paragraphs together . or make sense in short burst.. .

Hi to you all ,,I see its almost 11pm... I must head on toward bed... !.. see you later.

Comment

Working...
          X