Thursday, February 14

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday, February 14

Happy Valentine's Day Rounders! I give you the finest chocolates from Switzerland, the most beautiful roses with the fragrance of a star-studded summer night, and the richest, most alluring perfume in the world. Happy Valentine's Day to all of you.

It's 40* going to 74*. Burrh! I am finally able to sleep for more than 5 hours and it feels good. We had visits from two of DH's Pickleball friends yesterday, at different times. It made DH happy and I'm so glad they are offering support. It means so much to him.

We had bkfst for dinner last evening. I have no idea what I'll cook today, but it might be spaghetti/meatballs and salad.

I'm off to have a fresh cup of coffee. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Please pray for me!!! I am pretty sure I have stomach bug. It hurts so bad!!!!! Also dealing a bad migraine. I may end needing shots and fluids to fix my head ache.

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh Sweetie, I sure hope you feel better soon.

Good SUNNY Morning! Yesterday was cold & snowy, and today we have sun & 45 for a high.

Yesterday was very productive...love it! Now I'll be pooped out for a few days. LOL! I baked off & iced the sugar cookies. Finished reading my book btw trays of cookies going into the oven. I went to Aldi's in the morning & they'd only let me get two boxes of strawberries. I wanted 3. I dipped them in chocolate. After dinner I created the cookie trays for Blaise's class Valentines Day party. They look so pretty. There are choc chip cookies, mini gobbs, and sugar cookies surrounding the choc strawberries. I try to make the snacks memorable. I still have kids from previous years come up to me and say, "Do you remember when you made us ______________?" A child just last week talked about the bat sugar cookies I made for them back in 1st grade.

I actually cooked a decent dinner last night, though nothing special. Spent the evening cracking nuts. I FINALLY got the last of the 22 bags done last night. Now I want to weigh all the shelled nuts and see how many pounds I got for $22.

Today Blaise's class gets to wear PJ's for the day. Thank goodness it wasn't bitter cold outside. Made waffles for breakfast since Blaise was up early.

Now I have to get busy. I'm trying to finish up little projects around here. First thing I'm going to do is peel & freeze all the apples I've been buying on the reduced rack at Sharp Shopper. Last week I pitched the apples I had left from the 10 bushels I bought in the fall. They frozen and turned to mush out on my porch. Now I'm going to peel these apples and freeze them for future apple pies. Need to go into the living room and clean up the nut cracking mess left on the floor. No matter how careful I try to be, somehow there is always a bunch of tiny shell pieces left. I crack, shell, and bag them in a big baking pan, but somehow some escape.

The school party is at 2pm, so I'll be heading there after lunch. No other plans after that. I probably should cook a nice dinner. We'll see. Wished we could go out to eat, but that's not in the budget.

Hope you feel better soon Bethina!
    Good to see you back Karlinann.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• jostoy
      jostoy commented
      Editing a comment
      Cookie, I do hope your "extra labor" in shelling those nuts is worth it.

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, you are one busy lady.

Beth so sorry you are ill....your symptoms sound miserable! Karlinann, thank you for the chocolates and flowers. I cannot tell you how long it has been since i been sent flowers! And, Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!

Just another day around here. Not sure about supper but Karlinann and I are in the same mind set. I was thinking spaghetti but with meat sauce since I have not made up meatballs or breakfast. If we have spaghetti I need to start some sauce so I leaning toward breakfast. Doesn't matter what I feed Andrew with the way that boy has started eating...OMG he is a constant machine. I should head home to go to the bank and then we could even settle for fast food. I know, I am just an old romantic...here have a McD's burger..

Snow is predicted for tomorrow and Saturday. 50s today and back to the cold tomorrow. This has been our worst winter in a while and I have been sick of it since November. My nephew and his wife ran a marathon in New Orleans last weekend and my sister says came home with tan lines. She has been talking a ladies trip and I think that may have been the deciding factor...nothing reminds you this has been a miserable winter like seeing someone else's tan lines! Or Maybe we just need a shopping trip. Those are very therapeutic for us.

Well, peeps, have a great day. Not sure if the sun is shining here or if it will. I had every intention of baking heart cookies but well that did not happen. Things just sneak up on me ya know..

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      I know what you mean: a friend posted pictures of her Disney cruise and she had tan lines and I am jealous!
      The thought of a warm tanning bed even makes me forget about skin cancer...but not for long.
      The family we helped with the wedding reception brought over a vase and beautiful flowers for us so we do have flowers on the piano...

• jostoy
      jostoy commented
      Editing a comment
      Maxie, I'll take the McD's burger. I'm tired of eating my own food. I fixed spaghetti last Saturday and still eating on it.

Sorry Karli, I can't eat those chocolates, but I'll take A rose.

Happy Valentine's Day!
    Lights and Heat are on and boy am I happy! More power outages were warned could happen with the new storm that came in and the high winds we will be having.
    I realize a lot of my stress is worrying over how parents will feel if I cancel daycare but I also cmae to realize it is My decision and I made it.
    Two moms asked me to let them know when the power cam eon. One works at home and the other works for a school district. Well, all the schools closed because of the outage and I did not text her back. The work at home mom I did, but she decided to go to a relative's house and let her daughter play in the snow. It was noon before the house was warming up (power came back on around 11:45) and by then I was just not going to call. That was when I realized I am in charge (why won't that thought stick?) and it was fine.
    I went to Walmart along with Everybody else in two counties (the Walmart up the road had no power) and bought Valentine party stuff. Just as I was ready to pay their computer system went down! Luckily, I had enough cash with me and after re-doing my order, I was finally out of there. Every line was backed up and thank Heven all the people were in pretty good moods. I left before it got any worse. The jplace was packed and everyone I was bhind was just in Stroll Mode, meaning take a slow walk through a crowded store and not let people pass you who are in a hurry...been there?

I hope you all have a warm day. I kept thinking of all those who are not warm and comfy out in this weather, whether by homelessness or by being those who are out working in it. Thankful for what I have and what I can share.
    Thanks for the Valentine goodies, Karlinann! Those Swiss chocolates are my favorite!

I am making the applesauce muffins for the daycare kids and using strawberry flavored applesauce. and a little pink food color. That and all the other goodies that come in should keep everyone happy!
    I am happy I have a warm house for them and can thaw the milk and warm it for the baby.

See you all later!

Comment

• jostoy
      jostoy commented
      Editing a comment
      Paula, some people don't believe in raising their own kids. Like the school worker who didn't have to go to school. I just can't understand that this younger generation who have kids, and think other's should raise them.

Good morning, and Happy Valentines Day to you all.

Today we have very overcast skies, and rain is definitely predicted. It’s 53° now, going to 64° today. And cooler with rain tomorrow. And we are under a flood watch today and through tomorrow. Frankly, we need the rain, flood or not. Floods here generally mean “don’t drive through any area where water is crossing the road”.....it looks innocent enough, but the water force can take your car downstream.

Thanks so much for the lovely chocolates and roses, Karlinann. E has been keeping the candy jar here full of Dove’s dark chocolates hearts. We have fun with the “fortunes” or sayings inside the wrappers.

I have no idea what I’ll make for dinner tonight. But I’m considering chicken soup with veggies for lunch. No special plans for today, though E does want to go to a couple of stores. I just plan to stay home. I’m happy with that. Things to do here that need to get done.

Beth, I’m sorry you are not feeling good today.
    Cookie, I think Blaize is keeping you young. To keep up with the boy and his school activities...I can’t even imagine any more how to do all that. And I raised 5 kids!
    Maxie, Louisiana is warm enough for tanning? And, yes, boys do eat a lot. Fast foods....Pizza Hut is supposed to have their Ultimate 5-Cheese Filled Crust back out, if not now then soon. The picture of it makes it look like a flower. I’d order it in a heartbeat it’s because I think it’s cute.

Well, time for my breakfast and take my meds. ☕️

Paula, I hope your power is back on!

☀️ have a good day, everyone.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      They were running a marathon so spent a lot of time in the sun...any northern skin that gets any type of sun exposure would tan or burn in February I am guessing. I would love to take the trip to Louisiana and test that theory!

Paula, we were typing together again. I’m glad the power is back on there. Might be a good day for the kids to have a cuppa soup for lunch?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Jostoy, you are so right’
      I have one child that I really hope will remain an only child. Her parents are just not capable...

Comment

of thinking of their child first.
        she just arrived at 9:30 and the dad says She hasn’t had breakfast yet...

Comment

Oh, for goodness sakes. That poor child! She went that long without breakfast? (Did they?) That is really terrible.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I should never try to write coherently during daycare, much less on a party day!
            i am sorry if I sound judgemental or negative.

Comment

Paula, you are doing fine. I guess I’m the judgmental one. But really, you know, at 9:30a.m. And the baby hadn’t had breakfast? Just the thought makes me cringe. But I’ve known some new moms....one left a bottle in baby’s crib, TV on, and left for the day......a mom who tossed her 3-mo old across the room because he had colic (he landed on the count and was okay..... and others. I was one of the free volunteer babysitters for the one left alone, til the dad could get his mom to come across the country to care for the baby. I get upset to see a neglected child.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

good evening

been a strange day... cold morning, warming up in afternoon.... if you consider 40 warmer.. .. I did normal stuff in the morning.. shower, hair,,( I cut a bunch of it off.).. laundry.. pick up, make bed.... etc etc...

Had an appointment with new PCP.... notorious for running an hour or so behind schedule.. .... he just will NOT hurry through appointments with his patients. and thus my 2pm appt. was really a 3pm. one.. and he gave me lots of time to discuss all the tests that he had me get taken.. and good news, all of the results were in acceptable ranges.. little low on potassium... ( Bananas, potatoes, here I come)... I did not get home until almost 4:30..because his secretary is just as slow... likes to chat.. I do like him tho.. he is watching DAvid very closely.. he has been D. dr. for about 4-5 yr s now. ...I will enjoy having him as Dr.. but just so different from my Lady Dr.. I had for 10 years.. Who did stay on schedule.. you got perhaps 10 min of her time. sometimes not even that..
                ....DAvid was home alone, and probably slept the whole time... had not fell any where.. ...

~~~~~~~~~~ waving happily at Karlinann... so good to hear from you..
                Bethina.. Migraine headaches are terrible.. my daughter suffers from them too.
                This was Valentines Day??????? no one around here thought of it!... ah ,the romance has left the room.
                Donna ,I WILL return ... I am so tired of going for this or that test, and that appointment. etc etc...I just want to set in your kitchen making grease balls.
                HI Maxie,, there is nothing WRONG with Mcd burgers and fries... just pretend you fried the burger. and call it lunch.. I do that ...and now you know why I start gripping in the Fall,, I HATE WINTER, Is my motto.. we are halfway to March. that helps a little .cause March can be nice. if it wants to..

Hi Paula.. working with peoples children is always full of joy and aggravation... 47 years as piano teacher I met all sorts of parents and kids.. but I loved it to the end..
                Hi JoG.
                hope I did not leave anyone out.of my greetings... if I did ,,sorry,, I am ready for a good nights sleep... Dr. visits always make me nervous.. and my system goes into nervous twitching.. except for my very weary knees, I guess the rest of me is in decent shape.. so will see you all on the 'morrow.

Comment

Working...
                X