Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February 12, Tuesday

Good morning, everyone. ☕️
    It’s 33° outside right now; supposed to get to 70° today. Partly cloudy, so a bit of sunshine.

Not much is new here.
    E went grocery shopping for me yesterday. He says it’s really hard to shop “my way” with coupons. He sees what is on the list, grabs the cheapest of the items (unless I have the brand name on my list), then goes to the checkout. He gets to the cashier, but she hands back the coupons.....what he picked up was not the brand item on the coupons. It frustrates him. To me it is so simple, but to him it’s a big puzzlement. I guess I should plan to go along and save him from that grief. Poor guy.

So today it’s more sorting and stuff. He’s like a kid at it, re-examining everything he picks up. He is tossing his electronics/computer/genre books only because they are now obsolete. But he remembers reading them, configuring stuff, and all that. Good memories for him.
    I try to not dwell much on those things, and have discarded a bunch already. But I’ll go through stuff again later, and decide what I will still be using.
    How did we collect all this stuff?

My cake decorating stuff is still missing, and I had special recipes for frostings and candies in the container. I thought I found it the other day, but couldn’t reach it. Well, it disappeared again. I have certain shelves in the garage for my stuff, and E swears he didn’t touch anything. He’s the one cleaning up the garage, though. Oh well.

Janet, your doctor sounds like a really good one. Keep him! We have a lot of turnover in the clinics here. Our PCPs don’t usually last a year.

Karlinann, you are missed already.

Well, gotta get the trash out today. E is supposed to get up early to do it. ??? We will see. But I want to get my day started.

hope you all have a good day. ☀️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Good morning friends. I am having a bit trouble wanting to get out from under my covers today.

work yesterday......one word crazy! It was extremely busy for a Monday. I didn’t even get a lunch break at all. My coworker was back I was so glad to see her!!!

tonight I am meeting friends for dinner. I am looking forward to this.

Comment

Good Morning....I guess. Blaise woke up throwing up & I'm not, so that makes it good. Two hr school delay due to freezing rain, but that doesn't matter now.

Yesterday was sort of productive. I spent time sorting through the piles on my desk & pitched a bunch. My desk now looks organized, and I paid a couple bills. It's kind of nice now since back in September I put most of my monthly bills on my Discover Card. Now I know my bills are getting paid, and I'm earning points. I almost had my phn shut off because I forgot to pay the bill. I was so busy baking pies & just let my desk clutter get higher & higher. It wasn't that I didn't have the money, but rather the time & energy.

Last week I was talking to one of the moms at karate, and she told me that Blaise could get a star for his uniform if he raised his grades. I told this to Blaise, and he said that it didn't matter because I didn't sew the stars on anyways. Oops! Well I FINALLY sat down yesterday and sewed the all on...what few we could still find. Sad. See...it always falls back on the mother & it's her fault.

Last night at karate, the one mom beside me was telling me about how many kids are getting sick. Well, we weren't! HA! Now Blaise has it. Hope I don't get it. I'm suppose to take the snack in for the Valentines party.

Today I had PLANNED to go into town to the bank & Aldi's. I was wanting to make choc covered strawberries for the party & today was the last day Aldi's was having them on sale. Might go after Cork gets home. The new ad comes today in the mail, so maybe they'll still have them on sale. Since Blaise is going to be home all day, I'm going to make him work on doing his Valentines. Hey, at least we don't have to go to karate tonight. Have to look for that silver lining!

Yes, I missed Karlinann this morning too. She's been our starter.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning. Yesterday it rained all day..not heavy but a steady rain that never stopped and it never got out of the 30s so it was a COLD rainy day! I did not even listen to any weather report for today. Just don't care until it hits 80.

Last night we went grocery shopping. I am not a night shopper but had two sets of strong arms to carry bags. Still have no idea what to cook tonight but we got lots of junk food.

Isn't it amazing the 'stuff' you accumulate over the years? And why did we haul some of that stuff around for years? I really cleaned house and understand what you are going through Jo. And let me tell you some of that stuff you are looking for you will never find! One of the mysteries of the universe.

Missed seeing Karlinann greeting us bright and early and hope she comes back soon. Beth as this winter goes on and on and on we will all have a hard time getting out of bed. I look so forward to going to bed at night where it is warm and I can turn on the tv and be alone. Hockey tonight and we are on a roll!! Spring training has started so the season is progressing on toward Spring!

Saw a news report on Artificial Intelligence. Scary stuff. Wasn't there a movie of something years ago about the machines taking over the world? I am already at the mercy of machines and passwords around here...what will happen to us old people when the machines are in control!?

Have a great day and stay warm..hope the sun shines on you!

Comment

good morning! Yes, I miss seeing Karlinann's font and colored type at the top!

I read Maye's post she did last night at 10:00pm!!! I can barely keep my eyes open until 9:00pm. And last night I was in bed before 9.
          Because as Beth said, yesterday was Crazy!!! I have been thinking and thinking of how I can make these personalities work. It is the two little siblings (toddler and newborn) who are so hard. The toddler does not like the newborn getting all my holding and attention so I am just delaing withit right now. But a couple of times yesterday I thought: I quit!
          Anyway, I know I am the adult and I will figure this out. It did not help when another mom came in and asked me if I am going to have a baby that was born sunday to a previous daycare mom...The guilt of telling someone No is a bit much and I know it is hard to understand, but (for me) if you didn't bring your child to me for a school break and I haven't heard from you, then I am moving forward. I like the family but I don't see it working out unless the baby doesn't need to come until summer and someone else leaves, which is not something I want to happen.

Those badges, Donna! the bane of my existence when I had two boys in Scouts. If I had known about hiring anyone or business (like whoever sews on uniform badges) I would have gladly paid the price. Between Cubs and then boy Scouts there are so many that change and have to be replaced as well as the kid grows and you have to get a new shirt...can you tell I still get worked up over it? Spencer earned his Eagle so there were a lot of badges to sew and Stuart went right up to it (no shaming from me; that was a lot of work to get Spencer and all his Eagle Project completed and the forms done in time). And then Gary was a Scout leader...I was a Cub Scout leader but I chose not to get a uniform shirt...

I am running late so I hope you all have a good day.
          Jo, lots of my friends are doing the decluttering and downsizing. Most of them have more time on their hands but most ar edoingthe same way you are: one drawer, one shelf at a time.
          It all gives me hope! It can be done.
          Donna, I hope youdon't come down with anything. I am much better from this cold and hoping to put this all behind me, but with the kids in daycare, I am not counting on it. How parents don't even teach a child how to cover their mouth when a sneeze is coming is beyondme. An almost 4 year old...We are keeping Kleenex in business as well as the hand sanitizer people.

Maxie, you are probably typing and I will be back to read later.
          Enjoy the day! Isn't it the real birthday for Lincoln??? I will have to go check.

Comment

Maxi, I remember the TV movie about a computer controlled space ship. The computer’s name was HAL. The commander gave HAL instructions for the next leg of the flight, and HAL replied, “I’m sorry, Dave, but I can’t let you do that.” The computer took over and Dave was helpless to change anything. I think it must have been a Twilight Zone movie, because that’s about where it ended. Only Rod Serling writes that kind of story and leaves you hanging on the end.

I am curious about that Artificial Intelligence news.....I will have to look for it.
            i hate passwords, too. There are so many, and I cannot recall them all. E keeps his in a Keeper app. It generates (if you want) long complex passwords that are “safe”. I have trouble remembering the password to the Keeper. Aaarrrggghhhhh!

Cookie, I’m sorry to hear that Blaize is sick again. Hope you don’t come down with whatever it is, too.

Paula, thanks for the encouragement. I kind of need that now.
            With my aches slowing me down, and E slowed way down due to his cardio problems, I can’t yet see the light at the end of this tunnel.
            Hope the baby situation in day care works itself out. Maybe praising the toddler for being such a good big boy/girl, so the little baby can get taken care of? Not that easy, but it sometimes worked for me. I often reminded mine that “this is YOUR baby sister” making the older ones feel a little more responsible for her well being, too.
            Hope your day goes well.

Beth, it is difficult to leave a warm bed on chilly mornings. Spring should arrive before you know it. Then I like to open windows for the fresh air.
            Last edited by JoGee; 02-12-2019, 12:54 PM.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• Paula A
              Paula A commented
              Editing a comment
              It was a movie called 2001, A Space Odessey
              This is kind of embarrassing but I know that no because I saw the movie but because my grandson Hal was born when Spencer worked for IBM and he like the name ( and it did not have a word in Japanese that sounded like it).

Thanks, Paula.
            I was thinking that HAL stood for something. I guess while in the movie they said it stood for Heuristicalu Alogrithmic Logarithm computer. Actually, though, the letters following HAL are IBM.
            The story was not by Rod Serling, but Arthur Clark who did a lot of science fiction.
            (I bet he was a fan of Rod Serling. I had a school crush on him since I was in early elementary school.....crooked tooth and all.)
            BTW, Mr Fact Checker is sitting next to me, and I asked one simple question and got all that info from him. (Except my crush.).

I wrote my first short story story in the 5th grade, using Serling’s style. None of the kids believed it was original, by me. The teacher asked me a few questions, and decided this was actually my own original story. I got an A+.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

GOOD EVENING
              had a nice long post written out... and lost it... hit a wrong key aggggggggggggggggggggggg.

was a wet, snowy, rainy,chilly day... a stay at home one... except for usual jobs ,laundry, dishes. cooking. wiping and swiping.. I did a lot of reading and crocheting ..

I too Miss Karlinann...sigh.. she needs a rest ... know that feeling..

JoG. I like Davids Doctor too... so I have switched to him,, Jan 1,,, mainly to be closer to a pcp..and the local hospital.. my previous lady Dr... ( whom I love dearly) would have sent me (if necessity came up) to hospital in/or near Pittsburgh.. Local hospital is only 10 mins from where we live. I have appointment with him Thursday. he ordered all routine test, . making his own chart of my physical condition..

ok time to close, turn on the electric blanket. warm up the sheets. and then crawl in,read some more..
              a Warm Bed is so hard to get out of Bethina .. a Joy to climb into a pre-heated one!

Donna, soon soon, I will be with you .. ( btw, I do still hand sew or machine sew even)

Comment

Working...
              X