Friday, February 01

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday, February 01

New month, new outlook, new day! Good morning Rounders! Hope you're waking up to a great new day. This cold snap is making my joints stiff and I hurt all night. It is no fun getting old.

I made sweet & sour pork for our dinner and I hadn't made that for years. I had plenty leftover, but I will let dh eat that. I'm not a big fan of pork anymore or chicken. Like I said, I could easily become vegan again.

My fresh brewed pot of coffee is calling my name and so is my current read. Have a wonderful day and I'll check in later. Aunt Maye I didn't see you post yesterday. Where are you? Maxie & Beth, hope you are both ok. Paula, hope your Zicam worked. JoG don't do too much, and Cookielady can you post a picture of your GH cookies on here? I bet they are stinkin' cute.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Work yesterday not good!!! I have already texted my coworker that I share a station with...I have her a big pep talk. We are not letting anyone’s crap get to us today.

I am very glad it’s Friday!

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      Beth, something my dad said to me as I was growing up that stills serves me well: Kill 'em with kindness! If you and your co-worker are doing your part and smiling at the students who come your way, it will be noticed and can also wear off onto those who need a dose of positive attitude.
      And the bosses usually notice too!

Good FRIGID Morning! It's snowing a bit and not QUITE as cold, but still cold enough for them to cancel school at 8am. I figured they were going to have school for sure, because we didn't get a call yesterday like we have been. They called at 6am with a 2 hr delay, and then at 8am called with the cancellation. BUGGER!

Yesterday was good. I was sort of productive. Got some cleaning done. No baking. My doughs that I had made were frozen solid. Did some reading too.

Blaise's friend Lawrence is coming over for a bit today. Karate this evening. I had HOPED that Kathy would take Blaise this evening, but she called this morning & that's not happening. Whatever. And she thinks she wants him back full time. Yea, right. Think I'll start working on those cookie doughs. Lawrence loves being a taste tester.

Maybe Paula can post the pics of the GH's. I don't know how to do that. I texted her a pic of them & she posted them on FB for me. It's great having friends in high places!

Have a good one all!

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      I can post on Facebook but I don't know how to post here. If I did I would change my profile picture! lol
      Pat put my profile picture on for me..
      karlinann, if you are on Facebook, friend request me.
      Paula L Anderson in Red Bluff CA.
      There are so many with the same name!!!

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      I would come to your house for a play date if cookie tasting was part of the deal!

I am later this morning because I slept all the way to 5:00 and had to wash my hair. Yesterday I was ready to grab kid scissors and cut my bangs because they kept getting in my eyes and were just bugging me! That and babies and toddlers were enough to drive me a little batty.
    So I styled my hair and Sprayed the bangs and will have my stylist trim them tomorrow when she does my nails.

Today is a full day with the new baby. The two this week were days to get used to having him and were not as long as a work day. This mom works about 20 minutes away so it makes for a 7:30 to almost 5:00 day. Her toddler is the hard one. It is really hard for him to share my attention and so yesterday there were a couple of times I was holding him and the baby! It will get better every day, just need to be Patient!

I won't even tell you the temperature this morning, but when I went out to get milk I did a double take when I looked at the thermometer! There is a slight breeze so we will see what the weather will be doing today. We have rain forecast for the next 5 days. And no matter what: that Ground Hog better not see his shadow on either Coast! Somebody in your area, Donna, needs to send over a big dose of Benadryl to Phil! I always tell the daycare kids our CA ground hogs are not afraid of their shadow and we will have Spring starting sometime this month.
    The almond trees are the first to bloom and they are all over. You can't see any from my house but as soon as I drive .3 miles there are trees and there comes a time when you can smell the blossoms; my mother has one of the earliest blooming ones on the street.

I can't believe the time! 7:00 and I have to turn on lights in the daycare and get my bottles ready.
    Take care and keep posting!

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Paula, I don't have a cell phone and have never been on FB. Thanks anyway. I will go online and see what the GH cookies look like.

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      I dream of spring but cannot imagine it coming in February....February and March are pretty big snow months in the mid west. I am going to call for a haircut today...funny how a haircut can change your entire mood! Do tell us what your temps are.

Morning! It is a warm up with temps right now in St. Louis at 26*...we are a little bit north and could be a few degrees cooler but not much. This area missed all the ice last night and we are on the way to 60* this weekend. My Texas brother called and he is in Kansas City freezing because they do not own winter clothes for this weather. When he goes home to San Antonio Monday it is suppose to be close to 80! Holy Cow!! Can you even remember a 80* day? My nephew in Wisconsin posted a picture of his car showing temps to be -25 yesterday. I did not know a car would register a minus temp. Like Karlinann says it is a new month and it is also another month closer to summer. I need summer or the promise of anyway!!

Feeling much better this morning. My tummy straightened out last night and now I have a stuffy head. Do not know how those two go together but one symptom is better than both and I gotta say I am liking the stuffy nose over the other. I see by the kitchen sink and full dishwasher that they emptied all the leftover bowls. So I have the dishwasher running and some bowls soaking. Rinse and soak is something the entire family has a mental block against. Tonight we are having some type of pasta because I am in the mood for it and because I am the one cooking. I would really love a pizza! Would never have a poor kid deliver in all the cold but I wouldn't feel that guilty tonight...hummmmm...pizza does sound good instead..

Heard from the computer guy about Sierra's computer...Holy Cow we must have a sign over the house saying "get your free money here!" He is a good guy and a wonderful repairman and does it as a retirement job. Everyone back home uses him and I have used him several times and after using professionals know his prices are reasonable. BUT...this repair is going to cost a fortune and he has to order the new whatever he needs so she and I are sharing a computer for another week. Good thing I am a day person and she is a night person! Plus her internship fees need to be to paid. Jon paid her car insurance. I just do not know how those kids on their own at these minimum wage jobs live...how can they ever get ahead?

Since I lost a day yesterday I have double the laundry today. People sure did wear a lot of clothes with this cold stretch. Jon is off this weekend and I am hoping will drive his old mom to the river to see the ice flow. My brother said yesterday they crossed the missouri River and it was ice jammed...the Mississippi is fascinating with the bird sanctuary and the big hawks and eagles sitting on the ice. When Sierra was little I would pick her up from school and we would grab a sandwich and drive to the river for a car picnic to watch the ice and birds. Hope it hasn't jammed up north and slowed it coming down the river!

Time to get the day started. No snow or ice or cold around here for a few days but those of you east are still going to suffer I hear. Have a wonderful day....

Comment

Good morning. ☕️
      yesterday we didn’t see the sun shine, and today looks about the same. Our forecasted rain of yesterday didn’t happen (again), and we still have a 20% chance today (but will it happen?). Forecasted for more clouds tomorrow, and a 70% chance of rain on Sunday. We really could use rain. I’m hoping for a huge cloudburst....which doesn’t happen hardly ever.

I don’t think any critter out here will see it’s shadow. So come on springtime!

E can stop wearing that heart monitor today, and send it back in. He is still having problems with pain, if he bends and reaches....like going to the mailboxes on the corner down the street to get the mail, and our is in one of the bottom row boxes. Lower if we get a package.

Other than that, another day of sorting stuff ahead. This seems to be taking forever.

I can post pictures here. I would be glad to post any.
      Every time the RT breaks down, I lose something. I cannot do the personal comments, that feature is missing. And I can no longer find my profile page, that has also disappeared. So I cannot change my font, or resize my font, or anything.
      I can merge threads, but don’t control which will come out as first.

Beth, just keep on smiling at work. Don’t let the bully get to you. Paula is right, kindness is the best way to handle that kind of situation.

Cookie, it doesn’t sound like Kathy is ready for the full time responsibility of her son. How sad for her, but that is her choice. He needs a full time, caring mom such as you have been to him.

I hope you all have a great day today. ☀️
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• karlinann
        karlinann commented
        Editing a comment
        JoGee, this is a mystery to me that you have lost so many things on the forum. It brings out the investigator in me. Are you saying there is no tab at the top right with your name on it? That is also the tab where the User Settings is located. Something must have happened to your User Settings and I bet I could walk you through it if you could tell me what you are seeing on your screen. Just a thought. I have noticed that things look a bit different in the inner workings since the last time I looked in there and tried to change my signature.
        Last edited by karlinann; 02-01-2019, 11:25 AM.

Maxie, I’m glad you are feeling somewhat better. I would love to see those sights you just described.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Jo, there are pictures of the Mississippi River freezing over and people walking or driving carriages across the river to the Missouri side. can you imagine? The convergence of the Mississippi and Illinois Rivers is close to is. It isn't much to see but to think of those two rivers coming together is fascinating to me. Years ago when riverboat gambling started the boats had to cruise. My husband and his best friend would take the wives for an evening of gambling. We got a meal and a cruise. The ladies would go up top with a drink and enjoy the night cruise, lights and motion, while they would disappear and come fetch us when they were broke. Now the boats are stationary. What a shame! Most of the landscape along the rivers is industrial ruins which is why we go into the sanctuary and park to see the beauty...even in flooding the river is something to see. Anyway, I am looking forward for the trip this weekend...15 minutes down the road and we can see the river. Close enough to visit and yet miles away from the flooding. And when the ice melts up north it will flood down here this Spring.

Wow, can you tell I like the river? I would never stick a toe in that polluted mess but can sit and watch it go by for hours. The summer fireworks are shot off of barges sitting in the river..you can sit on both sides, Missouri and Illinois, and get a perfect view. We climb the flood walls, set up chairs and watch! Just bring a cooler!!!

Comment

Karlinann, THANK YOU! So that is where it moved to. Duh!
          It used to be on the left side of the page, very visible. I don’t really remember when that changed, maybe it was while I was stuck in the hospital at some point. Or after an RT breakdown. I will have to play around with it when I get a chance. But I still can’t find the comments thingy yet.
          Hugs to you!, and thanks again.
          Last edited by JoGee; 02-01-2019, 12:03 PM.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

overcast but it was 56* at 6:30!

Comment

• maxie
              maxie commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow at 630? What a dream. It is almost 50 here this afternoon and the sun is shining in a totally blue sky...It is our own slice of heaven after the last couple of days.

wait wait don't turn the lights off..

I'm still up.....just got lost in my books, crocheting .and chatting... will head for my bed as soon as I sign off here... got the elec. blanket on , warming it up..
            spent a lot of time on computer hunting down authors , books and where I can get e books to download... I have favorites but always hunting new ,Good , writers...
            Our county has 9 libraries in it,, and I have access to all of them.. If I want a particular book and my home library does not have it on shelf but Library B does.. then I ordered it.. Library B sends it (via a little guy in a big station wagon )to my Home Libr. ..I get it, read it,.take back... the guy in station wagon has a Route around to the libraries ,just picking up and returning books. right now I have 3 ordered. hope they are there tomorrow..

just keep writing folks, I read you every day...

and may I enjoy every day I am aware of who I am, where I am ..
            and may Feb. be a bit warmer than this week in Jan...
            and may March be gorgeous..

Comment

Working...
            X